- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Best Family Hotels on Santorini
You might think of it as a honeymooner’s destination, but spectacular Santorini is an amazing place to bring your family. The history is as incredible as the landscape, the food is child friendly, there are great beaches and plenty for everyone to do. The best family hotels on Santorini are spread over the island, so you can choose to stay in the thick of it, or in a smaller village.
Thira, with its steep, colourful cliffs, is dramatic yet relaxed This is Santorini’s main town, with more than its fair share of beautiful white cave hotels and apartments with their infinity pools. Behind the hotels are the narrow streets of the town, the shops, bars and restaurants. Tear yourself away from the view and you’ll find the Museum of Prehistoric Thira, several galleries and your kids will love the cable car down to the docks. Nearby is the atmospheric site of Ancient Thira.
- Zannos Melathron is a classically elegant 18th Century mansion hotel with just 10 rooms and suites, some with interconnecting doors. Cut right into the cliff, the rooms all have private balconies, plus there’s a great Greek/ Mediterranean restaurant and a lovely pool.
- Aigialos is another great option for families, with its collection of sugar cube houses on very top of the cliff. There are houses sleeping two people and mansions sleeping five - plus in between options, and all have private balconies and access to a lovely pool and Mediterranean restaurant.
Just two kilometres from Thira, Imerovigli is quieter and seems to have more churches. Imerovigli has great access to the restaurants, bars, museums and the port of Thira without the hassle of being in the thick of it.
- The Astra Suites are a collection of 27 funky rooms and suites decorated in whites with splashes of bright colour. Some have private balconies, some private jacuzzis, but they all have access to a lovely Greek restaurant and spectacular swimming and lounge area.
- The Aenaon Villas are a great option for families with older children. There are seven villas in the group, all are white and ultra chic with huge private terraces and amazing sea views. There’s also a fantastic pool.
At Santorini’s northern arc, the lovely little village of Oia has the cream of the crop when it comes to perfect views - partly because you can see the stacked sugar cubes of Thira and Imerovigli. Most of Oia can only be reached on foot - it’s steep - they still employ donkeys to take away the garbage. 300 steps below the town are the beaches, plus there’s a Maritime Museum.
- Esperas also offers different types of accommodation, from rooms to studios to suites and whole villas. You’re right on the coast, with spectacular views from private balconies. The rooms are rustic white with bright art works.
On a Shoestring
- Rena's Suites is a chic B&B in central Thira, with pretty all-white rooms and suites, a large pool and a relaxed restaurant. The rooms start from less than £50 per night.
- Homeric Poems is a sophisticated cliffside hotel with 20 rooms and suites, a lovely pool and numerous sun terraces. There are beautiful views from almost everywhere, plus modern art to look at when you’re facing away from the views.
Still not sure which of the best family hotels on Santorini to book?
- Refine your search to the best places to stay in Thira
- or the best places to stay in Imerovigli
- Or expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Santorini,
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Astra Suites 27 rooms from £184Imerovigli
Wonderful boutique hotel with funky rooms and suites. Splashes of bright colour throughout all white rooms, all with private balconies, some with private jacuzzis. Lovely Greek restaurant and swimming pool lounge area. Great for romantic getaways and family holidays.Views - Panoramic views of the caldera and the Aegean SeaHoneymoonsRomantic BreakSwimming Pool - Cliffside infinity poolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Johansens
Aigialos 16 rooms from £254Thira
Utterly romantic all white hotel with a collection of sugar cube houses on the cliff top. Each house, from super to mansion size, sleeps from 2 to 5 people. All have private balconies, white washed walls, and pastel blue furnishings. Lovely pool and Mediterranean restaurant.Views - Outstanding views of the calderaHoneymoons5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors
Callia Retreat Suites 17 rooms from £48Thira
Chic B&B in central Fira. Fantastic value, pretty all white rooms and suites, large swimming pool, and easy access to restaurant, sights and activities around. A great choice for a couple or family on a budget.Views - Great views from hotelValue chicRomantic BreakSights nearby - Located in the centre of FiraRecommended by - I Escape
Esperas 17 rooms from £132Oia
All white rustic chic accommodation ranging from studios to suites to separate villas on Oia's coastline. Charming rooms have splashes of art, kitchenettes, private balconies and spectacular views. Beautiful, romantic, family friendly too.Romantic BreakViews - Great views from hotelFamiliesValue chicRecommended by - I Escape
Zannos Melathron 10 rooms from £211Thira
Sophisticated style and classical elegance in this 18th century mansion hotel. Sultry suites and some interconnecting rooms, cut from the cliff, have warm furnishings and private balconies. Fantastic Greek/Mediterranean restaurant, lovely pool, and lots to do in the villages and islands around.Foodies - Fantastic Greek cuisine.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakHoneymoonsRecommended by - I Escape, Relais & Chateaux, CN Traveller
Aenaon Villas 7 rooms from £263Imerovigli, Santoríni
A cluster of 7 white villas house 7 ultra chic all in white rooms and huge private terraces. Dreamy sea views from its cliff top location, gorgeous pool area, and all in a secluded setting. Ideal for honeymooners, couples, and families with older children.HoneymoonsViews - Great views from hotelChicRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors
Homeric Poems 20 rooms from £293Thira (Firostefani)
A sophisticated cliff side hotel all in white with views over the ocean. Lazy terraces, luxurious rooms and suites, all the mod cons, lovely pool and splashes of modern art. A fabulous spot for couples, honeymooners and families with older children.HoneymoonsViews - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakSwimming Pool - Freshwater poolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith