- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Oia
On an island known for its spectacular views, the lovely village of Oia seems to have the cream of a near-perfect crop. Perched on Santorini's northern tip, Oia's vista includes the island's other whitewashed towns, in addition to the spectacular arc of the volcanic caldera and the glittering ocean beyond. Those properties in our selection of the best places to stay in Oia are well located to make the most of all this.
Carved into the steep slope of the cliffs inside the caldera, this town has been converted from cave dwellings into an upmarket destination, and some of the best places to stay in Oia were once just caves with balconies. There's a good range of accommodation, from reasonably priced, self-catering studios to super luxurious suites - most are whitewashed and minimalist, so as not to distract from the breathtaking views.
Most of Oia can only be reached on foot - donkeys are still employed to take away the rubbish - so bear that in mind when arranging your luxurious Oia experience. There's excellent sailing (a great way to get around Santorini), and it can also be fun to hire a scooter.
What Not To Miss
- Visit Ammoudi, 300 steps below Oia, and see the red cliffs and the beaches. There are also some excellent tavernas on the water's edge.
- The Maritime Museum is an interesting way to see something of the town's fascinating history.
- Even if you don't stay in Oia, you should definitely chance the dramatic cliff edge walk from Fira to see the sunset. Did we say, it really is a once in a lifetime view?
If you're visiting in the busy summer months then be sure to book well ahead as the best places to stay in Oia get quickly booked up!
The Best Places To Stay In Oia
Spend some time strolling round town, exploring the buildings and the varied views and the little boutiques, and restaurants. Then get settled into your supper table early and just sit back and watch the sunset…
- The Ikies Traditional Houses hotel is designed for couples. There are only eleven rooms, suites or maisonettes, all with a private spectacular-caldera-view terrace, where breakfast is served every morning, and most have their own private jacuzzi with a view. What makes it one of the best places to stay in Oia for honeymooners is that staying in a suite carved out of a cliff in such a stunning location definitely qualifies as a once in a lifetime experience.
- 1864 The Sea Captain's House is ideal for honeymooners on a budget. There are just four rooms in this wonderful small hotel, all with traditional decoration and a private balcony. Rooms are priced form just £105 per night.
- The 5* Kirini Suites & Spa offers whitewashed, quintessentially Cycladic rooms as well as a deluxe spa and fantastic restaurant. A dreamily romantic clifftop escape!
- With sumptuous suites overlooking the sea, Santo Maris Oia Suites is the ideal choice for honeymooners. Unwind in the extensive spa or in private hot tubs before tucking into magnificent Greek cuisine on the terrace at sunset.
- All of Oia's hotels share the mind-blowing view over the ancient, flooded caldera, but Katikies, with its cascade of whitewashed terraces and balconies and two gorgeous infinity pools, sets the standard in spectacular. Whitewashed and airy, rooms are cool and tranquil, the service is impeccable and the Greek restaurant is excellent. Perfection!
- But don't think being perfect makes it the obvious choice, as the Perivolas Traditional Houses are equally perfect. Just outside of town this collection of 300 year old traditional-cave-converted-houses offer a whitewashed-luxury other worldly experience. Hard to separate, these are just two of the very best places to stay in Oia for luxury.
- Perched on a cliff side with splendid sea views, Canaves is an all white property boasting traditionally Cycladic accommodation. All their suites come with private pools, whilst there's also a splendid restaurant, wine tasting sessions, and you can even arrange to charter out a private yacht for the day!
- Esperas, which has reasonably priced studios, houses and suites, carved directly into the cliff face, is a great option for families with kids over 12. Ten minutes from the centre of town and about the same to the nearest beaches, this property is a member of the Historic Hotels of Europe.
- Aenon Villas boast seven all white private villas in a secluded clifftop setting. Spend your days lounging by the pool or head down to the coast, just a short distance away.
For An Apartment Or Villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Oia's nicest weather-wise in the summer months, with the average daily temperature reaching 26°C in July and August.
- Or consider visiting in May, September or October when the temperature still ranges from 20-24°C so it's perfectly pleasant!
- Visitors can fly into Santorini Airport, located 16km southeast, though there are only direct flight from the UK between March and October - easyJet and Thomas Cook fly from Gatwick, whilst Thompson also go from Manchester.
- If you're coming outside this time window then you'll need to fly into Athens before taking a connecting flight on to Santorini.
- From the airport, hop on the bus to Oia.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Oia
1864 The Sea Captain's House 4 rooms from $320Oia
A wonderful small hotel in old town Oia. Four suites have bags of character - four poster beds, fresh flowers, attractive linens, antique furniture, white washed walls, and private balconies. Fabulous sea views from verandahs, massages available and close to the beaches.Town - Oia is one of Santorini's most picturesque towns.Full of character - A house with a history.Views - Great views from hotelHoneymoonsRecommended by - Tablet, CN Traveller
Kirini Suites & Spa from $571Oia
Fantastic, five-star hotel facing out over the Aegean Sea. Fastidiously designed in line with Cycladic style, the suites are elegant and luxurious with crisp, whitewashed decor. The deluxe spa feature relaxing pods carved into the cliff and the restaurant serves delicious seafood. A clifftop wonder.Total relaxation - With a serene coastal setting, excellent on site cuisine and deluxe spa, it's ideal for a relaxing holiday.Romantic Break - Luxurious suites and a heavenly location combine to create the perfect place for a romantic getaway.Sights nearby - Visit Santorini's volcano and Thirasia Island just three miles away.Diving - Take diving trips out from Oia harbour.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Tablet
Ikies Traditional Houses 11 rooms from $451Oia
Five Star Santorini-chic designed for honeymooners and romantic getaways. Unusual rooms, suites and maisonettes carved from the cliff face. Dreamy Caldera views, private hot tubs, all white furnishings. A very romantic spot within walking distance of the town centre.ChicHoneymoonsViews - Great views from hotel5* Luxury - Very high service standards.
Canaves 18 rooms from $400Thera, Santoríni
In a picturesque village, this luxury hotel seems surreal. Perched on a cliff side, beautifully designed with white on white keeping in mind the traditional Cycladic style, rooms offer private terraces. The suites come with a private pool and the restaurant serves great food. Super romantic.Local exploring - A perfect base to explore the winding cobbled streets with local bakeries, art galleries and artisan shopsRomantic Break - Luxury accommodation with breathtaking viewsSailing - Sailing excursions can be booked with the hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Perivolas LIfestyle Houses 21 rooms from $628Oia (Oia)
A collection of lifestyle houses converted from 300 year old caves, built into the hillside. Spectacular views and complete tranquility meets laidback luxury and style. Stunning infinity pool, beautiful terraced gardens, and superb contemporary Greek cuisine. A wildly romantic destination.Hideaway - Set in 300 year old caves this stunning seaside property feels a-million miles away from everything.Sailing - Take a boat across the lava islands for magical views of the sulphur exuding caldera.Great walks - Explore the winding alleys of Oia, filled with charming churchs and craft boutiques.Sights nearby - Discover the ancient ruins of the Minoan Akrotiri.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Santo Maris Oia Suites from $283Oia
A magnificent five-star hotel overlooking the sea. A modern, stylish take on the traditional Cycladic style, with rooms maximising on comfort and luxury. It's the perfect place for a relaxing, indulgent romantic break, with an extensive spa and a stunning setting looking out to sea.Honeymoons - Honeymoon heaven with sumptuous suites and private villas boasting outdoor hot tubs overlooking the stunning Aegean Sea.Local markets - Head off to explore the local markets of Oia and Fira to pick up some regional specialites.Views - Get stunning sea views from with cable car ride from Fira's Old Port.Sailing - The perfect stopping point for sailing trip around the Greek isles.
Esperas 17 rooms from $173Oia
All white rustic chic accommodation ranging from studios to suites to separate villas on Oia's coastline. Charming rooms have splashes of art, kitchenettes, private balconies and spectacular views. Beautiful, romantic, family friendly too.Romantic BreakViews - Great views from hotelFamiliesValue chicRecommended by - I Escape
Katikies 27 rooms from $1131Oia
A totally unique boutique honeymooner hotel draped over the cliffs of Oia. Cool and tranquil luxurious rooms with stunning views. Exceptionally lovely infinity pool and spa. Fresh mediterranean cuisine is served poolside as well as fine dining on the rooftop. The ideal place to completely unwind.Total relaxation - Enjoy A.Spa's restorative treatments, cocktails by the infinty pool, phenomenal rooftop dining and impeccable 24 hour service.Honeymoons - Sun, sea, tranquility and oh-so-romantic- five star service in these achingly chic cliff side cottages overlooking Caldera.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby village of Oia, the main square and sunset views are breathtaking.Swimming Pool - Gorgeous infinity pools - Top 50 Hotel pools.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection