Search the best hotels in Imerovigli
Imerovigli is only 2kms from Thira, Santorini's capital, but the peace here makes it feel like further. The famous sunset views include beautiful Thira town and Imerovigli's own lovely sugar cube buildings and churches. Book into one of our pick of the best places to stay in Imerovigli, then stroll down the narrow, paved paths which wind around the amphitheatre of the caldera and watch the sun go down from Imerovigli.
Things not to miss:
- The town's beautiful Cycladic churches retain pride of place. Some of the best are Ai-Stratis and the Monastery of Saint Nikolaos.
- Skaros is a 13th century Venetian castle, definitely worth visiting.
- With some of the best sunsets on the Aegean, make sure your primed and ready as the sun goes down.
Gentle and charming, it's hard not to get swept away by the wonder of the place that's called the 'balcony to the Aegean'. Our selection of the best places to stay in Imerovigli range from lovely traditional Greek hotels to luxurious modern resorts.
For complete relaxation
- Hotel Afroessa is a traditional, reasonably priced collection of fabulous sea view rooms and maisonettes. Almost every room has a private balcony, where an excellent breakfast is served each morning.
- For a relaxing family holiday, the Astra Suites are one of the best places to stay. This collection of funky rooms, suites and apartments have bright splashes of colour - some with private balconies, some with private jacuzzis and some with self catering facilities. There's also a lovely Greek restaurant.
- Chic and modern, the Avaton Resort & Spa is right on the path between Fira and Oia, just on the outskirts of Imerovigli, the view is unadulterated with the lights of other hotels and restaurants. For the ultimate away-from-it-all vista, without actually being in the middle of nowhere.
For the ultimate in luxury
- Cut into the cliff edge, Grace Santorini is a haven of wonderful luxury designed to perfectly complement the spectacular surroundings. This hotel keeps the decor simple and makes the most of every view. Grace does that to stylish effect with the largest infinity pool on Santorini, an excellent restaurant with a sea view and a chic but simple spa.
- The cavernous rooms and suites of the Kapari Natural Resort are cut from similar cloth, but also have a great wine bar and some suites with hot tubs on private terraces. They're also one of the few luxury hotels in Santorini to welcome children, so this is a good bet for a family looking for luxury.
For honeymoon heaven
- Pegasus Suites & Spa is a grown-up, all suites property with stunning caldera views. Smart all-white accommodation provides every luxury and most come with private pool, jacuzzi or both. Plus there's a gourmet restaurant and a pampering spa. Romantic bliss!
- Chromata adds to the beauty of the surroundings by being a collection of cave houses built into Santorini's cliffs and having an almost impossibly beautiful infinity pool. What makes it perfect for honeymooners are the private cave pools and the clear plexiglass bridge, which spans the main infinity pool and can be set for supper for two. How memorable is that!
- San Antonio is another luxurious and spectacular offering in Santorini: white chic perched right on the cliff top. Honeymooners will love the hotel's excellent spa - which of course has amazing views - the private outdoor sea view hot tubs and the gourmet restaurant.
- The Vasilicos brims with luxury and intimacy, offering seven heavenly sea facing suites. It's ideal for soaking up the relaxing atmosphere and enjoying the staggering beauty of Imerovigli's setting. Take part in a wine tasting session or simply luxuriate by the pool.
For an apartment or villa
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The best option is to fly into Santorini Airport, three miles frm Imerovigli.
- Daily boat services run between Pireaus and Santorini.
- For those interesed in hiring a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- For those in search of sun, the best time to visit Imerovigli is from May to September.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa Imerovigli (Santorini) 18 rooms from £260
A grown up, all suites property with breathtaking views over Santorini's famous caldera. Built in typical Cycladean style, smart all white suites offer every luxury and many come with either private jacuzzi or plunge pool or both! Gourmet restaurant and spa too. Romantic heaven!Exclusive offer - Exclusive Hotel Guru OfferViews - The property has incredible view's over Santorini's calderaSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor pool with stunning views, plus an indoor hydrotherapy pool in the spa.Spa - The "Heaven Spa" features a hammam, and sauna and offers a range of treatments.Private Hot Tub - Several suites have a private jacuzzi either on the terrace or in the room
Hotel Afroessa Imerovigli 10 rooms from £87
A traditional hotel with fabulous sea views, understated rooms and maisonettes, and fantastic breakfasts from private balconies. A romantic understated spot, and great value too.Views - Stunning views from every roomRomantic BreakValue chicGreat walks - Easy access to the "Caldera Trail" which links Oia and Fira
Remezzo Villas Imerovigli (Santorini) 12 rooms from £104
Nestled on the cliffside, the restored 18th century villas have classic Cycladean features: white washed walls, vaulted ceilings & curved edges. Spacious suites and rooms with private balconies for enjoying the jawdropping views. No restaurant but a short walk from local eateries. Totally romantic.Views - Fabulous views over the Aegean SeaSailing - Santorini SailingOutstanding locationSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Hotel Ilioperato Imerovigli 11 rooms from £124
A lovely Four star hotel with a collection of rooms and apartments that have small kitchenettes and private balconies. Fantastic sea views, traditional Santorini white and blue decoration, swimming pool. Excellent value, very romantic.Views - Stunning caldera viewsValue chicRomantic BreakSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool with amazing sea views
Astra Suites Imerovigli 27 rooms from £182
Wonderful boutique hotel with funky rooms and suites. Splashes of bright colour throughout all white rooms, all with private balconies, some with private jacuzzis. Lovely Greek restaurant and swimming pool lounge area. Great for romantic getaways and family holidays.Views - Panoramic views of the caldera and the Aegean SeaHoneymoonsRomantic BreakSwimming Pool - Cliffside infinity poolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Avaton Resort & Spa Imerovigli (Thira) 7 rooms from £215
Fantastically chic all white hotel with an extensive bar and fantastic Mediterranean restaurant. Rooms and suites in neutral tones have private balconies, dreamy sea views, and all the modern gadgetry. Minimalist designs, indulgent spa, and calming views. Very romantic.Views - Excellent sea and sunset viewsSpa breaksWellbeingBeach LifeRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Kapari Natural Resort Imerovigli 19 rooms from £247
Very luxurious rooms and suites carved from the cliff face. Neutral tones, natural materials, clean lines, plus all the mod cons and a few private hot tubs. Excellent wine bar and restaurant with fantastic sea views. Romantic and very chic.Views - Stunning views of the CalderaLocal markets - Good for local colour.HoneymoonsRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Chromata Imerovigli 25 rooms from £317
Tradition meets cool contemporary on the most spectacular island in Greece. A series of cave houses in the cliffside, with white on white decor broken with stylish aztec bed throws. Impossibly perfect infinity pool and an intimate poolside restaurant both boast killer views. Ideal for honeymooners.Honeymoons - Sun, sea in a wonderously romantic honeymoon suite with private terrace, secluded Jacuzzi and sleek modern interiors.Sailing - Sail around the island and take in the stunning white villages and deserted beaches.Restrictions on children - Not suitable for children under thirteenViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels, Mr & Mrs Smith
The Vasilicos Imerovigli (Thira) 7 rooms from £336
The Vasilicos is located in the viIlage of Imerovigli, high in the mountains of Santorini. Boasting spectacular sea views, the hotel offers seven simple chic suites which all feature a spacious terrace. Choose your own menu and enjoy a private candlelit dinner for two at sunset! A stunning spot.Total relaxation - Spend your days lounging by the pool sunbathing or book yourself in for a massage to truly unwindRomantic Break - Peaceful surroundings, chic accomodation and spectacular views-perfect for a romantic getawayGreat walks - Join one of the various walking tours around the island to truly explore the area's beautyViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Kiwi Collection
San Antonio Imerovigli 25 rooms from £347
Five Star luxury and Santorini chic from the cliff top. Gorgeous all white suites with private jacuzzis, butler service and balconies. Gourmet restaurant, extensive spa, and all-round perfection. An ideal choice for romantics, honeymooners, and weddings.Views - Stunning uninterrupted views of the calderaHoneymoons5* Luxury - Very high service standards.WellbeingRecommended by - CN Traveller, Small Luxury Hotels
Grace Santorini Imerovigli 22 rooms from £521
A hotel cut from the cliff's edge with wow factor views and indulgent surroundings. All white rooms, suites and a palatial villa with fabulous private balconies and hot tubs. Lovely Mediterranean restaurant and extensive spa. Truly romantic and luxurious.Views - Panoramic sea viewsHoneymoonsRomantic BreakSwimming Pool - Wonderful infinity pool with stunning sea views - the largest of its kind on SantoriniRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape