17 of the Best B&Bs in Sicily
Sicily is a place unto itself, with its own culture, architecture, decor, cuisine, and take on the Mediterranean lifestyle. It’s also got an incredible landscape that you can’t possibly imagine the variety of before you encounter it. So Sicily, more than other destinations, is somewhere to opt for a B&B over a larger hotel. Sicily’s best B&Bs offer wonderfully personalised service and recommendations, as well as comfortable rooms, memorable surroundings and great breakfasts. And here, more than other places, our Gurus can’t stress enough how much your Sicilian adventures will benefit from local recommendations. So don’t overlook our list of the best B&Bs in Sicily, we have some really super hotel-esque choices too, as well as wonderful masserias and fantastic traditional Sicilian dwellings.
The Best B&Bs for a Beach Break
- Taodomus, an intimate, colourful, ten room B&B in the centre of Taormina, is one of our Sicilian favourites, ticking numerous B&B boxes. Firstly it’s got sea views, from a fantastic roof terrace, but also from the private balconies of some of the best rooms, but it’s also got wonderful views of bustling Taormina. Our Gurus also like the individually styled rooms with their memorable, Sicilian feeling decor and hand-crafted soft furnishings. We also like the quirky details served with breakfast. And the romance of it.
- The Villa U Marchisi B&B is within a short walk of Ragusa’s coast, and close to town too. Intimate and colourful inside with brightly coloured bedding, traditional tiled floors and exposed beams, the five rooms are arranged around a large pool and garden. As well as the daily breakfast, this B&B also has a shared kitchen if you want to do some of your own cooking.
- Lemon House is like the private, and extremely elegant, villa belonging to a friend of your parents, where you’re most welcome, but not really obliged to do anything. There are just four rooms, all of them impeccably smart with a classical contemporary aesthetic. Think tiled floors, four-poster beds and a muted colour palette of pale greys and greens. Outside there’s a pool and bougainvillea-filled garden and terrace. Breakfast is served in the conservatory, and, while you’re still three kilometres from the coast, the villa has a private beach are which you can use. Well, your parent’s friends would too…
For a Rural B&B
- Baglio Giammaccaro is a charming rustic chic, five room B&B with mountain views from the front of the property and a sea view from the back. Within the borders of the Monte Cofano Nature Reserve, this is an exceptionally beautiful bolt-hole, and it’s not just because of the views and pristine surrounds, inside there are hand painted tiles and carefully restored antiques, an extremely elegant sitting room, and an impressive traditional kitchen. There’s also a glorious garden of local flora. Breakfast is served al fresco on the terrace.
- Sicily has some fantastic converted farmhouses and farmstay options, and the Dimora dell'Olivastro is a sort of glamorous, eco-friendly version, surrounded by 32 hectares of its own organic farm on the picturesque island of Favignana just off the coast. Almost entirely self sufficient, from the solar panels to the sea-facing vineyards, the decor is just as carefully planned. There are six rooms, all different but all stylish, with rooms that echo the landscape, from the ocean to the drier, redder interior. All the rooms have a private patio, but some have an outside bed too, and a private plunge pool. This is a real haven from pretty much everything.
The Best City Break B&Bs
- Chic and contemporary, the five rooms of the B&B Delle Vittorie make a great base in the heart of the old centre of Palermo. This is a B&B along the lines of a boutique hotel, offering carefully, and individually decorated rooms and suites with nice touches like four-poster beds and generously proportioned bathrooms with arty tiles. The best rooms also have fantastic views. And you’re surrounded by bars and restaurants, as well as being close to the cathedral and museums.
- The Palazzo Natoli runs along similar lines, wth nine elegant, individually designed rooms with just the right amount of antiques, and just the right fabrics to complement them. Bright and spacious, and within easy walking distance of the heart of Palermo, and the many bars and restaurants within, this is a romantic choice too.
- The B&B Il Giardino di Ballaro is a charming little B&B in the historic heart of Palermo. It has just five rooms which open out onto a citrus-filled central courtyard, all of them spacious, with individual details like an antique wireless or daring artwork on the walls. The building itself has some beautiful original features to appreciate: stone archways and beautifully detailed plaster on the ceilings. Some of the rooms would suit families, and they can arrange babysitting if you need it.
For a romantic stay
- There’s an argument to say that Henry's House’s incredible Mediterranean views should bump it into the beach category, but it’s not a very beachy B&B, more an historic bohemian beauty. On the island of Ortigia, off Syracuse, famous for its architecture, this 12 room rabbit warren of a B&B, has a fabulous collection of furniture, art works and objets d’art, with great wallpapers and wrought iron beds. They serve a typical Italian breakfast on the terrace, where you can also have sundowners at the other end of the day. And you’re just a short stroll from some really charming cafes. Family owned and run in the best possible way.
- Noto’s San Carlo Suites is a collection of just five suites converted from a very elegant townhouse in the historic centre of town. This is the sort of place to stay if you love original, quirky details: floors have wonderful original tiling, and there are exposed sections original walls, and arched doorways. The best rooms have Baroque-style balconies where you can enjoy breakfast al fresco with views of the Basilica of San Nicolò.
- There are many charming features to La Dimora del Castelluccio, but the headliner probably needs to be the incredible roof terrace with views of Mount Etna. Second to the views is probably the charming medieval village that surrounds it, Castiglione di Sicilia, and a very close third must be the three cosy, carefully decorated rooms themselves, with their perfect blend of traditional features and modern design, along with added extras like fine linens and elegant living areas. It’s also friendly and intimate. This is a wonderful base for local exploring.
- Taormina’s Casa Turchetti is a six room B&B that’s elegant and intimate enough to make a really great honeymoon spot. Within a 19th century townhouse in the heart of town, close enough to the water to have panoramic sea views from the roof terrace, this is the sort of B&B with wonderful original features that you’ll really remember. As well as original tiled floors, period furnishings and intricate linens, the best suites also has a four-poster bed and a private balcony.
The Best B&Bs for Families
- Very affordable, but also stylish and well positioned in the centre of Marsala, the B&B Nonno Gino is a good choice if you want to be within striking distance of the beach, but would prefer to be in town. These three rooms, simply decorated, but with some clever touches, have views of the Arch of Garibaldi rather than the ocean — the best have views from their own private balconies. You’re within walking distance of the port and the lively fish market, as well as the centre of town and its museums, and there’s a white, sandy beach about four kilometres away.
- Catania House is another great value option for families, this time in pretty, historic Catania. It has just four rooms, two of which are suitable for families, in a carefully converted historic townhouse very close to the centre of town. The decor is stylish and minimal, in muted browns and white, with lots of natural materials, and the furniture is simple but chic. The friendly hostess does a generous breakfast too.
- For a rural escape for you and your family consider the Masseria Cianciò, a rustic stone farmhouse dating from the 19th century, converted into a collection of family suites and self-catering apartments. Surrounded by olive trees and set within beautiful dry stone walls, this masseria is quintessentially southern Italian, with wooden beamed ceilings and exposed stone walls, cobbled floors and country-style decor. There are three apartments and five suites, plus a large pool and a sunny terrace where breakfast is served. You’re about five kilometres from the beach, and the owners will organise a picnic if you’re heading out to the beach for the day. Though there are plenty of cafes around too.
For great value
- One of the best value B&Bs in historic Catania, Il Leone Blu is just steps from the Urbino Castle, the Ursino Palace, the Bellini Garden and the Roman Theatre, some of this pretty centre’s key attractions. And it’s historic itself, occupying a carefully renovated historic building of its own, with four bright rooms complete with fantastic frescoes and modern amenities. Some are large enough for families. Plus there’s a good range of restaurants nearby.
- If you’re hunting down a great value choice in the heart of Marsala try the SLO Design House, which has seven rooms and a fabulous roof terrace with views of the Duomo. The best rooms have the same view, and all have chic modern ‘design’ style decor and indulgently proportioned bathrooms. You’re within walking distance of the Promenade and about four kilometres from a white, sandy beach.
Still not sure which one to book?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Sicily.
- Or you could refine your search to just the best hotels in Palermo, the best hotels in Taormina, or the best hotels in Catania or Syracuse.
- You could consult our Guru’s recommendations for 20 of the Best Boutique Hotels on Sicily, 17 Great Rural Hotels in Sicily, or the 13 of the Best Beach Hotels in Sicily.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Taodomus Taormina (Sicily) 10 rooms from £192Local exploring - Located in the centre of the town, this hotel is a perfect base to start your local exploring in TaorminaCity Style - With pretty, hand-crafted soft furnishings and sea views, this hotel has lots of small town styleRomantic Break - Couples will love the romantic roof terrace, where a delicious breakfast is served every morningSights nearby - Visit the nearby Cathedral of Taormina, a medieval Catholic church with a grand arched interior and elaborate statuary
This intimate hotel is located in the centre of Taormina, Sicily. Rooms are individually styled, with hand-painted headboards and carefully selected design pieces; the best rooms offer a private balcony with sea views. Enjoy breakfast on the charming roof terrace with panoramic views. A cosy B&B. See More
B&B Il Giardino di Ballaro Palermo (75/77) 5 rooms from £69Sights nearby - Moment from cathedral, Cappella Palatina, Tower of San NicolòLocal markets - Close to BallaròGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Baglio Giammaccaro Castelluzzo, Sicily 5 rooms from £113Beach Life - Situated in close proximity to a range of pretty, sandy beaches, this hotel makes a great base for a seaside getawayLocal exploring - Located within a national park, there is plenty of exploring to do in the area surrounding the hotelCountry Escape - With a peaceful setting next to the mountains, this hotel is a great escape to the countrySights nearby - Drive out to the Temple of Segesta, an important Greek archaeological site where there is a well-preserved Doric temple
This charming B&B is nestled between the mountains and the sea in the Monte Cofano Nature Reserve, Sicily. The elegant guestrooms feature restored antique furniture and hand-painted tiles; book a luxury suite for a private terrace. Eat breakfast al fresco with mountain views; a beautiful bolt-hole. See More
Palazzo Natoli Palermo 9 rooms from £125Short fly break - Easily accessible European destination with a range of low-cost airlines flying to its airport located 19kms from the cityLocal exploring - Close to the major attractions the city has to offer and organising guided tours tooCity Style - A taste of Sicilian hospitality within easy reach of restaurants and attractionsSights nearby - The crossing of the Cathedral and Quatro Canti is where many of Palermo's major attractions can be seenRecommended by - Sawdays, I Escape
Lemon House, Sicily Sicily 4 rooms from £139Beach Life - The property has a private beach area 3km away and there is miles of fantastic coastline to exploreSights nearby - Head to Chiesa di Santi Pietro i Paulo d'Agro, the ancient Taormina Greek theatre and the epic natural landmark Mt EtnaRestrictions on children - Children over 12 are welcomedSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor poolRecommended by - Sawdays
Dimora dell'Olivastro Sicily, Favignana 6 rooms from £139Eco break - The farm is entirely organic, the hot water comes from the solar panels and all products are eco-friendly.Romantic Break - Some rooms come with an outside bed, on which you can gaze at the star-spangled sky.Great walks - Take long walks through the rugged and picturesque countryside.Restrictions on children - Adult only
Bright and elegant eco-friendly accommodation on the picturesque island of Favignana. The building's earthy hues open onto bright chic interiors. Rooms boast glorious views, private terraces and white on white style. Surrounded by its own organic farm (which also produces wine). A fine stay. See More
B&B Delle Vittorie Palermo 5 rooms from £94Romantic Break - A pampering pad in the centre of the city, boasting comfy and stylish suites, four poster beds and excellent views.Local markets - Just a short stroll to the popular markets of Ballarò and Vucciria, head down to pick up some regional specialities.Sights nearby - Within walking distance of the Cathedral, the Quattro Canti, the Teatro Massimo, the Royal Palace.Great walks - Right in the centre of the historic old city, head out and explore her streets on foot.
A chic and contemporary B&B, in the heart of the old city. Elegant and understated interiors, are matched by excellent service and a friendly atmosphere. Perfectly located for explore all the city has to offer, from bars and restaurants to museums and cathedrals. An excellent breakfast is included. See More
Casa Turchetti Taormina (Sicily) 6 rooms from £226Romantic Break - Couples love the hotel's period feel and the huge, sink-in beds. The roof terrace is a great feature for a romantic getawayHoneymoons - Book the hotel's Junior Suite for a honeymoon with added luxury, and enjoy a pretty view from your private balconyLocal exploring - Located in the heart of the picturesque Sicilian town Taormina, this hotel is a great base for local exploringGreat walks - Wander the picturesque streets of Taormina; make sure you see the idyllic Corso Umberto in the centre of townRecommended by - Chambres d’hôtes de Charme CHC
This charming hotel is housed in a 19th-century residence in Taormina, Sicily. Rooms boast traditional Sicilian design with tiled floors, intricate linens and period furnishings; the best suite offers a four-poster bed and private balcony. Enjoy panoramic views from the roof terrace; a classic stay. See More
San Carlo Suites Noto (Sicily) 5 rooms from £146City Style - Situated within a heritage building with lots of original features, this hotel is all about Sicilian styleLocal exploring - Located in the centre of Noto, this hotel makes a great base for local sightseeing in and around the cityRomantic Break - Book a room with a private balcony for added romance at this charming hotelSights nearby - Visit the Cathedral of Noto, a reconstructed, 18th-century Sicilian baroque cathedral with a neoclassical dome
This charming B&B is located in the heart of the heritage city of Noto. Rooms boast tiled floors and are dressed in a blend of traditional and contemporary design; the best suites have Baroque-style balconies where you can enjoy breakfast with views of the Basilica of San Nicolò. A delightful hotel. See More
La Dimora del Castelluccio Castiglione di Sicilia, Sicily 3 rooms from £174Hideaway - Nestled on a hill in a sleepy, medieval Sicilian village, this hotel is a great hideaway holiday destinationLocal exploring - The hotel is well-placed for exploring neighbouring towns or taking an excursion to Mount EtnaRomantic Break - Couples love the cosy rooms at this B&B and its friendly hostsSights nearby - Visit Chiesa Sant'Antonio Abate, an ancient church located in a village of the same name with a beautiful baroque facadeRecommended by - Sawdays
This charming B&B is located in the medieval village of Castiglione di Sicilia. Rooms are dressed in a blend of modern and traditional design, with cosy linens and comfortable beds; the best suites have a living area. Relax on the roof terrace with breathtaking views of Mount Etna. A smart hotel. See More
Henry's House Syracuse (Ortigia) 12 rooms from £100Sights nearby - The hotel is walking distance from the architectural Castello ManiaceSailing - Can be booked nearby.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotel
This unique property is located on the architecturally famous island of Ortygia. All rooms are decorated in a bohemian style with wrought iron beds, fabulous antique furniture, art work and sea views. A typical Italian breakfast can be enjoyed on the sun terrace. Local cafés are walking distance. See More
Villa U Marchisi B&B RG, Sicily 5 rooms from £82Beach Life - There are several quiet sea villages to be explored, with sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and blue skies.Local exploring - Explore Sicily - a world heritage site for its baroque architecture, a few kilometres from the hotel.Sailing - Hire a boat and explore Ragusa's coast and the charming spots further afieldSights nearby - Just a few kms outside Scicli a UNESCO world heritage site
A sweet and intimate B&B in a great location, close to the beach and the town area. Rooms are traditionally styled with tile floorings, exposed wooden beams and antique furniture. The outdoor pool is lovely and breakfast is served daily. A shared kitchen is also available for cooking. See More
B&B Nonno Gino Marsala 3 rooms from £56Beach Life - Only 4km from the pristine, white-sand beaches of Marsala.Local exploring - Ideally positioned to explore the historic city by foot.Local markets - Visit the nearby fish market, that lies adjacent to the Port of Garibaldi.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
Stylish accommodation in the heart of Marsala offering rooms with a cool mix of chic and rustic furnishings. The best rooms have a balcony with fabulous views of the Arch of Garibaldi. Boasting an enviable location in the historic centre of Marsala and just a short distance from the beach. See More
Catania House 95121 Catania CT 4 rooms from £56Local exploring - Surrounded by baroque architecture in Catania's historic centre this is the ideal base to explore the historic citySights nearby - The “u Lioutru” elephant, Ursino Palace, Il Duomo, Colleggiata Church and the Elephants Palace are just some of the top sightsGreat walks - It is well worth strolling to the beautiful Bellini Garden (the main garden) and the Pacini GardenLively area - In the thick of the action.
A stylish, great value B&B offering practical accommodation in the desirable historic centre. Expect a warm welcome from the friendly hostess who provides guests with a generous, tasty breakfast. Design is minimal and chic with muted greys and browns, kitted out with hip furniture. Gorgeous! See More
Masseria Ciancio Modica (Graffetta) 8 rooms from £87Value chicFamiliesSights nearby - Unesco-listed Baroque towns and minutes drive from the Cava IspicaCooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - I Escape
Il Leone Blu Catania (Via Castello Ursino, 38) 4 rooms from £46Local exploring - Set in the heart of Catania's historic centre this is an ideal base from which to explore the city's many attractionsSights nearby - The “u Lioutru” elephant, Ursino Palace, Il Duomo, Colleggiata Church and the Elephants Palace are just some of the top sightsGreat walks - It is well worth strolling to the beautiful Bellini Garden (the main garden) and the Pacini GardenHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
Set in a renovated historic building in the gorgeous centre, this B&B boasts spacious, bright rooms with modern amenities while maintaining the original decor (including frescoes). Breakfast is served, there's restaurants on the doorstep, and it's mere steps from Urbino Castle and the Roman Theatre! See More
SLO Design House Marsala 7 rooms from £64Local exploring - Located in the historic center of Marsala, a wine town rich in history and archaeological finds.Beach Life - Only 4km from the picturesque beaches of Marsala.Sights nearby - Set within walking distance of the Duomo and the Promenade.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Elegant designer rooms in the historic heart of Marsala boasting fabulous views over the Duomo. Chic rooms are modern in design with monochrome tones, clean lines and indulgent bathrooms. Spend days exploring the historic city before returning to exemplary Sicilian fare in the vibrant restaurant. See More