- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best Boutique Hotels in Barcelona
Barcelona tops many a list of favourite cities. It’s such a unique destination with so much going for it. The architecture is the stuff of dreams, the foodie scene is world renowned, you’re under the sun, right by the beach and the bright blue Mediterranean and there’s always something on. 24 hours a day. So while it’s great to see this city any way you can, it’s particularly nice to see this city in style and comfort, and that’s why our Gurus thought a list of the best boutique hotels in Barcelona might be useful.
That and the fact that it tops a couple of favourite cities here too, and some people were very happy to undertake the gruelling task of sampling tapas menus, comparing the views from idyllic rooftop pools, enjoying uncovering the streets, boutiques and cafes around different parts of town and generally being looked after by a very hospitable city. And they’ve come up with a great list of the best boutique hotels in Barcelona.
All of the properties on our list of the best boutique hotels in Barcelona have a lot going for them, but for those of you with a particular set of parameters in mind, we’ve refined our list into categories like most romantic, best value and best for families.
The Best Boutique Hotels in Barcelona
For a City Break
- In a great, central location, the Hotel Granvia is a newly-refurbished and now palatial property. There are 58 contemporary rooms, a gorgeous terrace and plenty to see and do just outside the hotel’s doors.
- The Hotel Jazz also has a great location - this time close to La Boqueria. The name comes from the Jazz Bar on the eighth floor of the hotel. There are around a hundred rooms with a minimalist design, plus a great rooftop pool with amazing views.
- The Mercer Hotel is a forward thinking design hotel with 27 rooms in the Gothic Quarter, just five minutes from the cathedral and ten minutes from Las Ramblas. The rooms and suites are carefully decorated and feature exposed stone walls, glass partitions, stand-alone baths and modern art. There’s a stunning rooftop bar and a tapas restaurant.
The Most Romantic Boutique Hotels in Barcelona
- The Hotel Neri is a 17th century palace beautifully, and sympathetically converted into a contemporary 22 room hotel. Located in the Gothic Quarter, the hotel has a fashionable restaurant and a terrace bar. Plus a library.
- The Hotel Casa Fuster is a gorgeous hotel with decadent interiors and a perfect location in the heart of town. Rooms are spacious, there’s lovely rooftop pool, plus a Viennese cafe, Mediterranean restaurant, a jazz club and a popular bar.
- With 125 rooms, El Palace might be a bit too big for some people’s classification of a boutique hotel, but if you focus on the decor and the atmosphere then it certainly qualifies. The hotel dates from the 1920s, which is also where the decor puts it, with elegant chandeliers, plenty of art and objets d’art, but there’s also a luxurious modern spa and all the state-of-the-art technology you might need. Plus a Michelin starred restaurant.
- If you’re looking for a small property, then the Hotel DO Placa Reial is for you. It has just 16 charming rooms and suites, with parquet floors, four poster beds and private terraces - some with pools. It also has a choice of two excellent restaurants.
- The five star Ohla Hotel has been converted from a beautiful Gothic building, but inside it’s quite modernist in style. There are 74 light-filled rooms, a rooftop terrace pool and bar - with stunning views over the city, a spa and a Michelin starred restaurant.
- The Serras is a fantastic five star hotel in the Gothic Quarter, overlooking the marina. There are 28 rooms, awash with contemporary style and chicness, and a wonderful Catalan restaurant by Michelin-starred chef Marc Gascons. This building is also where Picasso began his art career.
- The Hotel Market is a chic property with a no-frills attitude towards decoration. Because most of the focus here seems to be on the cuisine. In a hip spot just outside the old city walls, these 58 rooms are elegant and non-fussy.
- Casa Camper is a trendy, eco-friendly design hotel in a great location right by La Boqueria, the market, and near the Gothic Quarter. There are 40 comfortable, minimalist rooms - in bright colours - a 24hour complimentary buffet and a gym.
- Primero Primera is around ten minutes from the city centre in a leafy suburb. There are 25 contemporary rooms, suites and apartments, as well as spacious living areas, a great pool and delightful courtyards.
- Granados 83 is set back a bit from the streets in a peaceful spot, and offers great decor - think leather, marble, Buddhist art and African zebra-wood floors. There are 70 rooms, and while it sounds quite glamorous, it’s also very family friendly.
The Best Value Boutique Hotels in Barcelona
- Villa Emilia is a modern design hotel with 12 light, airy rooms with parquet floors and attractive furnishings. There’s also a fabulous rooftop terrace bar with weekly live music. Sophisticated yet fun.
- Chic & Basic Born offers rooms for under £100 a night. Right beside the Parc de la Ciutadella and the zoo, this magnificent 18th century mansion turned futuristic design hotel has 31 rooms with minimalist decor and modern extras, like LED mood lighting.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best boutique hotels in Barcelona on our Guru’s list you could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Barcelona,
- refine your search to the best hotels in Barcelona for Foodies?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.