- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
A Foodie’s Barcelona: Best Hotels in Barcelona for Foodies
Barcelona is home to Catalan cooking at its best. The ingredients aren’t fussy, there’s bountiful markets full of fresh produce, seafood and cured meats, then it’s all put together in beautiful, flavourful ways and served with style. But it’s also known for its Basque Country style tapas bars, Galician beach tavernas, amazing chocolate and the finely tuned flavours of molecular gastronomy. So your choices for every meal range from the wonderfully simple, to the divinely fancy - and in settings to match. Use our guide to the best hotels in Barcelona for foodies and start to plan your culinary odyssey.
There’s no point travelling to Barcelona to have your tastebuds wooed and wowed and then finding out that your hotel restaurant is just ‘quite good’. No, for the foodies amongst you we’re recommending hotel restaurants with Michelin-stars a-plenty, plus award-winners and local favourites. Plus our recommendations for the best hotels in Barcelona for foodies are well located for both Barcelona's main sights and the best markets, or in quarters known for their top restaurants and cafes. Just don’t forget to book your restaurants as well as your hotel!
The Best Hotels in Barcelona for Foodies
The Best Michelin-Starred Hotels in Barcelona
- The Serras is a fantastic five star hotel in the Gothic Quarter, overlooking the marina. There are 28 rooms, awash with contemporary style and chicness, and a wonderful Catalan restaurant by Michelin-starred chef Marc Gascons. This building is also where Picasso began his art career.
- The five star Ohla Hotel has been converted from a beautiful Gothic building, but inside it’s quite modernist in style. There are 74 light-filled rooms, a rooftop terrace pool and bar - with stunning views over the city, a spa and a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- With 125 rooms, El Palace might be a bit too big for some people’s classification of a boutique hotel, but if you focus on the decor and the atmosphere then it certainly qualifies. The hotel dates from the 1920s, which is also where the decor puts it, with elegant chandeliers, plenty of art and objets d’art, but there’s also a luxurious modern spa and all the state-of-the-art technology you might need. Plus a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Colourful and futuristic, the Cram is in a great spot, not far from the Plaça Cataluña and Las Ramblas. It’s got a very popular Michelin-starred restaurant and fantastic views from the rooftop.
The Best Hotels in Barcelona for a Foodie City Break
- In a fantastic location close to La Boqueria (the market is a must-see for foodies), the Hotel Jazz is known for its Jazz Bar, on the eighth floor of the hotel. There are around a hundred rooms decorated in chic, minimalist design, plus a great rooftop pool with amazing views.
- The Hotel Espana is a sophisticated modern design hotel in a beautiful neoclassical building. There are 78 rooms and suites, all with stat-of-the-art everything, plus an award winning restaurant and a pool and jacuzzi.
The Best Hotels in Barcelona for Foodies - Off the Main Drag
- If you want to be by the sea, the Hotel Arts Barcelona is a large and luxurious choice with spectacular sea views and five restaurants. It also has a spa, a contemporary art collection, terraced gardens and a beach-front pool.
- The Hotel Market is a chic property with a no-frills attitude towards decoration. Because most of the focus here seems to be on the cuisine. In a hip spot just outside the old city walls, these 58 rooms are elegant and non-fussy.
The Most Romantic Foodie Hotels in Barcelona
- Hotel Casa Fuster is a gorgeous hotel with decadent interiors and a perfect location in the heart of town. Rooms are spacious, there’s lovely rooftop pool, plus a Viennese cafe, Mediterranean restaurant, a jazz club and a popular bar.
- If you’re looking for a small property, then the Hotel DO Placa Reial is for you. It has just 16 charming rooms and suites, with parquet floors, four poster beds and private terraces - some with pools. It also has a choice of two excellent restaurants.
- The Hotel Neri is a 17th century palace beautifully, and sympathetically converted into a contemporary 22 room hotel. Located in the Gothic Quarter, the hotel has a fashionable restaurant and a terrace bar. Plus a library.
The Best Value Hotels in Barcelona for Foodies
- The Park Hotel is a contemporary hotel with 91 excellent value rooms - ranging from singles to triples and starting from around €125 per night - close to the cathedral and the Picasso Museum in the El Born Quarter. The restaurant comes highly recommended, and you’re close to a hundred more great restaurants.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels in Barcelona for Foodies on our Guru’s list you could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Barcelona,
- refine your search to the best boutique hotels in Barcelona,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.