10 of the Most Luxurious Hotels on Ibiza
One of the consequences of becoming known for having some of the best nightlife in Europe - and thus attracting a cool, celebrity crowd - is that Ibiza has some of the Mediterranean's most hip, stylish - and inevitably - luxury hotels. Whether this means a chic and hip design, plenty of in-built privacy, pampering spas or gourmet food, you can find it amongst our pick of the best luxury hotels on Ibiza.
And, unlike on the other popular Mediterranean islands, the hotels are generally not large and impersonal but small-scale and intimate. Whether your idea of luxury is your own private villa or uninterrupted views or gourmet food or your own private pool, you will find it here on the island. Use our guide to Ibiza's best luxury hotels to start planning your dream holiday.
10 of the Most Luxurious Hotels on Ibiza
Best luxury hotels in Ibiza Town
- With fabulous views over Ibiza Town and close to beaches, Hotel Ocean Drive has a cool, Miami design with modern art-deco styling and sleek chrome and leather. The rooftop bar is the place to be seen.
- A little higher in the town, and with some of the best views, La Torre del Canonigo was originally a medieval tower built on the town’s Roman acropolis. Rooms are Ibiza-cool in white with terracotta floors; the best have private terraces while the most romantic has an outdoor bath on the terrace. There’s also a rooftop pool.
- On the edge of the walled part of the town, Mirador De Dalt Vila combines the gracious feel of a family mansion with cool, contemporary elegance. Rooms are large and dotted with antiques - some with terraces - while bathrooms are marble-clad. With a private yacht, pool, cocktail bar and excellent restaurant, you will feel truly pampered.
- Just outside Ibiza Town, surrounded by olive groves and fruit trees, Es Trull offers just 10 elegant and contemporary villas in cool white-on-white. There’s a large pool and a sophisticated dining room.
- Also just outside the town, Can Arabi is an elegant country house furnished with a light, contemporary-classic touch; some rooms have hot-tubs. There’s a very chic pool set amongst the gardens and a chance to dine al fresco.
Best luxury inland hotels
- Foodies will love Ca Na Xica, whose restaurant serves up fine-dining, organic Mediterranean cooking. Rooms, all with private terraces or balconies, are cool with funky colours and furnishings. Surrounded by olive groves and orchards, it’s beautifully quiet plus there’s a charming spa.
- Choose from apartments, villas and suites (as well as rooms) at Can Lluc, a large hotel based around a farmhouse. The styling is rustic-chic and there’s a large pool, lush gardens, a spa and quality restaurant plus hiking trails start from the door.
- Tucked away in the centre of the island, the small and chic Cas Gasi is a luxury retreat with classic country-house styled rooms. Set in several acres of colourful gardens, the hotel offers a private yacht, two pools, a spa, yoga lessons and bicycles to borrow. It’s also eco-friendly, with its own well for water, home-produced olive oil and organic fruit and vegetables from its own gardens.
Best luxury beach hotels
- With tumbling infinity pools, a spectacular cliff-top setting and most of the white-on-white chic rooms having sea-views, Hacienda Na Xamena feels both secluded and special. There’s a host of activities if you feel inclined - tennis, sailing, kayaking, trekking, cookery lessons - or you could just chill-out in the spa. A good choice of restaurants, too.
If your idea of luxury is chic and stylish as opposed to grand and fussy, you will find it amongst our pick of the best luxury hotels on Ibiza. Nothing here that suits? Expand your search to include all our Ibiza recommendations, or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Hotel Ocean Drive Ibiza Town 40 rooms from £312Close to nightlifeBeach LifeViews - Views of the Marina.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
La Torre del Canonigo Ibiza Town 8 rooms from £200Views - Stunning views over Ibiza Town and its harbourSights nearby - Located in the centre of Ibiza's Old Town. Built in the grounds of the city's Roman AcropolisPrivate Hot Tub - Book the suite for your own private hot tub on a terrace overlooking the citySwimming Pool - Outdoor rooftop pool
14th century tower built atop the walls of the Roman acropolis providing chic city centre accommodation in the heart of Ibiza Town. Eight stylish rooms some with four poster beds and floaty canopies and cool terracotta floors. Go for those with a terrace for the best view in town. Very romantic. See More
Mirador De Dalt Vila Ibiza Town 15 rooms from £286Romantic Break - Nestled in the picteresque Unesco-protected hillside of Ibiza Town the property exudes charm and old-styled romance.Sights nearby - Explore Ibiza Old Town including The fortification bastions, the former Dominican convent and the Bishop’s palace.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Es Trull Ibiza 10 rooms from £243Local exploring - Cool Ibizan villas in large grounds overlooking the town and surrounded by peaceful olive grovesGreat walks - Walk among the surrounding orchards and olive grovesPrivate Hot Tub - Hydro-Massage bath tubsSecluded setting - For escaping.
Set amidst beautiful secluded gardens with a swimming pool, surrounded by olive groves and fruit trees, Es Trull provides classic Ibizan style. Elegant white villas with bedrooms decorated in cool natural tones and some with private terrace areas. A quieter spot just outside Ibiza town. See More
Can Arabi Ibiza 12 rooms from £208Country Escape - Originally a cattle farm, it has been renovated into a country house with gardens and a poolLocal exploring - Ideally located close to the small village of Puig den Valls and Ibiza TownLocal markets - Next door to local supermarkets, bars and restaurantsDiving - Dive at Es Vedra Island. Tours can be organised
Ca Na Xica Sant Miquel de Balansat, Ibiza 20 rooms from £217Total relaxation - An on site spa in a beautiful location. Pamper yourselves with a massage from their professional therapistsBack to Nature - Surrounded on all sides by orchards and olive trees and offering wonderful viewsFoodies - Excellent food served at the restaurant focussing on ingredients grown locallyGreat walks - Lovely hikes can be organised in the countryside surrouding the hotel
Can Lluc Sant Rafel, Ibiza 125 rooms from £217FamiliesRomantic BreakGreat walks - Jogging and hiking trails on the doorstepPrivate Hot Tub - Some rooms have hot tub bath tubsRecommended by - Sawdays
A rustic chic farmhouse surrounded by hills. Rooms, suites, apartments, and one villa cater to families, couples, and groups of friends. Traditional in style with stone walls, wooden beams and four poster beds. Lush gardens, good restaurant, and pool. Charming, and close to the best restaurants. See More
Cas Gasi Santa Gertrudis, Ibiza 10 rooms from £269Total relaxation - A luxury country hotel with a well equipped spa and lovely outdoor yoga area.Sailing - Take a personal trip on a sailing or motor boat to Formentera or around the island.Great walks - Wander to the local village of Sant Rafel and marvel at the beautiful church.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Frommers, Michelin Travel
A small luxury boutique hotel hidden away in beautiful countryside in the middle of the island. White washed rooms feature rustic-chic furniture. Stunning cuisine is served up in the restaurant using organic produce from the hotel plot. A glorious spa. A haven to unwind in. See More
Hotel Hacienda Na Xamena San Miguel, Ibiza 77 rooms from £292Hideaway - A boutique hotel with stunning sea views and just far enough from the Ibizian action for those looking for a tranquil escape.Total relaxation - Unwind in style with relaxed friendly staff, a glorious indoor and outdoor spa, several pools and fantastic restaurant.Kayaking - Rent a sea kayak and head off to explore the coves and caves that make up this rugged coastline.Sailing - Let the hotel help you hire a boat for a day at sea.Recommended by - Tablet
Luxury, seclusion and relaxation at this special hotel sited within a nature reserve. Minimalist white on white interiors with large glass windows and spectacular cliff top views. Infinity pools, fine dining and a sumptuous spa. The ideal hideaway to completely unwind in. See More