- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Best family hotels on Lanzarote
With guaranteed sunshine over 300 days of the year - and the steadiest climate of all the Canary Islands - wonderful beaches and just a four-hour flight, Lanzarote is a firm family-favourite holiday destination. Not as brash as some of its neighbouring islands, with generally low-rise resorts, also makes it a family-friendly hot-spot. Many resorts are specifically geared up with child-friendly activities and these are where you will find some of the best family hotels on Lanzarote.
The best beaches are on the south and east coasts, such as Playa Blanca, Puerto del Carmen and Costa Teguise, and here you will also find plenty of hotels with children’s clubs, playgrounds and water sports activities - snorkelling, windsurfing, even kitesurfing - as well as beaches with safe swimming.
Lanzarote also has a host of theme and adventure parks such as Baku Water Park on the Costa Teguise, camel rides in the Parque Nacional de Timanfaya, and Kikoland in Playa Blanca.
Use our guide to the best family hotels on Lanzarote and start planning your fun filled trip.
Best family hotels on Lanzarote
For great value
- Families looking to keep down costs will love Finca Marisa, a traditional and cheerful B&B in Tinajo village. There are family suites and the option to cook your own meals.
For self catering options
- With self-catering suites, a playground and trampoline, the eco-friendly Eco Finca de Arrieta is a great family choice. Powered by wind and solar, and with a choice of yurts or villas, it’s a welcome change from the island’s package-holiday resorts.
- Also eco-friendly, Casa el Morro offers a choice of brightly decorated, self-catering suites, plus a large yurt. There’s a relaxed, bohemian vibe, pool and yoga hall.
- Cool and stylish, with a Moroccan theme, the six villas of Casa Tomarén are a great choice for families or friends - villas sleep up to eight people.
- A modern take on Canarian architecture, the four self-catering villas at Finca Malvasia are set in a working vineyard. Chic styling, stunning mountain views and a relaxed atmosphere.
For a rural hideaway
- High in the interior, in the village of Teseguite, Finca Cottage Aloe is a charming hideaway for a family of four. There’s a terrace, outdoor Jacuzzi and barbecue, too.
For a luxury resort
- Active families will enjoy all the on-site games and entertainment - including children’s club, water sports, golf and swimming - at Hesperia Lanzarote, a sprawling beachside resort with several pools, and contemporary rooms and family suites.
- The magnificent Princesa Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel, at Playa Blanca, offers five-star, family luxury from the balconied contemporary-style rooms and eight restaurants to the large spa, children’s club, playground, sports facilities and six pools.
Still not found the right hotel?
- Expand your search to include all our Lanzarote recommendations,
- take a look at our pick of the best family hotels in the Canary Islands,
- or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Finca Marisa 5 rooms from £44Tinajo, Lanzarote
Cheerful, traditional B&B in the small village of Tinajo. The traditional rooms are spacious and comfortable and from the communal terrace there are great mountain views. Take a day trip to Timanfaya National Park or hire a bicycle and go to La Santa. An excellent low budget option.Great walks - Excellent walking trails in the Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Sights nearby - Visit the Campesino Monument.Traditional
Eco Finca de Arrieta 12 rooms from £88Arrieta, Lanzarote
Relaxed family-friendly eco escape. One can either stay in the eco tower, an eco villa or one of the magnificent marble-floored yurts surrounded by mango, banana and lime groves. The plethora of activities and proximity to the beach make it ideal for families or groups.Families - The group accommodation and self-catering suites are ideal for families, plus playground and trampoline for the kids.Eco break - Eco-friendly destination, completely off the grid powered by wind turbines and solar panels.Beach Life - Just 300m from a golden sandy beachKayaking - A nearby watersports specialist offers sea kayak safari's, a totally new way to explore the coast.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Casa el Morro 8 rooms from £104Uga, Lanzarote
An eco friendly collection of self-catering suites and one large yurt. Brightly decorated rooms, lovely terraces, stepped gardens, charming swimming pool area, and a yoga hall. A relaxed spot to explore the coast and Natural Park from. Ideal for yoga lovers, families, and those on a budget.Yoga - The hotel has its own yoga hall, twice-weekly yoga sessions.Eco break - Recycling, solar power.Value chicSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
Casa Tomarén 7 rooms from £99Mozag, Lanzarote
Rural chic setting fitted with a film-star pool. Six luxury villas with Moroccan and Indonesian influences and surrounded by vineyards, orchards and gardens. A perfect oasis for families and groups of friends on the island for a relaxing holiday.Families - Ideal for a family getaway, self catering villas with pool access, close to the beaches and babysitters on standby!Birdwatching - La Geria,the neighbouring nature reserve is an ideal spot for birdwatching.Great walks - Explore the national park and volcanic peaks.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - I Escape
Finca Malvasia 4 rooms from £127Masdache, Lanzarote
Four self-catering cottages set in a charming, working vineyard. An oasis of tranquility with beautiful central pool area and stunning grounds. Built in hommage to the island's famous designer César Manrique, they embody rustic Canarian with a simple modern twist. Sweet and chic.Families - Self catering cottages, with a pool and plenty of space for running around, only 20min drive to the beach.Great walks - Take a guided tour throught the dramatic volcanic scenery, your helpful hosts will organise it all at the drop of a hat.Diving - The Canary Islands are known for their crystal clear waters, be sure to check out the dive centres on the island.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - I Escape
Finca Cottage Aloe 2 rooms from £144Teseguite, Lanzarote
A charming four-person cottage in the small village of Teseguite. With two comfortable, spacious rooms and a fully equipped kitchen it's perfect for a group holiday to Lanzarote. Sunbathe by the pool or visit the nearby LagOmar Museum. In the evening watch the sun go down from the jacuzzi.Families - With plenty of room to run around, board games, puzzles, books and a highchair- it's ideal for a family getaway.Groups - A charming four person self-catered cottage, with a lovely garden, bbq area, outdoor hot tub and dining area.Diving - Superb scuba diving opportunities at Costa Teguise, Playa Blanca and Puerto del Carmen.Great walks - Great walking amidst the volcanic landscape of the nearby Jardín de Cactus.
Hesperia Lanzarote 335 rooms from £142Puerto Calero, Lanzarote
A luxury seaside hotel with an emphasis on sports and activities. The modern rooms are plush and spacious with many boasting stunning sea views. Boasting onsite water sport facilities, tennis, volleyball and squash courts, it's perfect for an action packed family holiday.Families - With a miniclub for children, lots of watersports facilities, mini golf, a playground and several pools its kiddie heaven!Great walks - Make the most of the lovely walking trails in the nearby Timanfaya National Park.Sights nearby - The hotel sits nine miles from the Campesino Monument.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
Princesa Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel 385 rooms from £223Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
A deluxe seaside resort brimming with five-star quality. The elegant rooms exude simple style with contemporary furnishings and balconies overlooking the bay and gardens. With eight restaurants, an extensive spa, six outdoor pools and countless sports facilities, there is something for everyone.Families - With large rooms, a kids club, a playground, a spa, bar and games room, it's perfect for a family holiday to Lanzarote.Beach Life - Three minutes walk from the beach with access to snorkelling, diving, and swimming.Diving - The hotel can organise diving expeditions along the surrounding coastline.Views - Great views from hotel