- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Best luxury hotels on Lanzarote
Lanzarote is not all about package holidays, and cheap and cheerful accommodation. Its powdery beaches and volcanic interior also attract people who want places to stay that offer tranquillity and heavenly views, privacy and romance, excellent service and gourmet food, or plenty of on-site activities such as a spa or golf course. In some cases, they may want all of these things! We have scoured the island to pick out the best luxury hotels on Lanzarote.
Villa Vik, for example, has classic-contemporary interiors and private terraces (good for weddings, too) while Princess Yaiza Suite Resort has a spa as well as eight different restaurants.
But please don't leave it till the last minute if you want to book one of the best luxury hotels on Lanzarote. They're very popular year round destinations, so you'll need to plan ahead.
Best luxury hotels on Lanzarote
In Playa Blanca
- The magnificent Princess Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel, at Playa Blanca, offers five-star, family luxury from the balconied, contemporary-style rooms and eight restaurants to the large spa, children’s club, playground, sports facilities and six pools.
- The Volcan is another family friendly five star property overlooking Rubicon Marina. Rooms and suites are luxurious, plus you'll find huge swimming pools, expansive spa and five restaurants ranging from Japanese to Italian. And the beach is only ten minutes walk away.
In and around Puerto del Carmen
- Active families will enjoy all the on-site games and entertainment - including children’s club, water sports, golf and swimming - at Hesperia Lanzarote, a sprawling beachside resort with several pools, and contemporary rooms and family suites.
- For a relaxed, luxurious resort, try La Isla Y El Mar, a cool and contemporary hotel overlooking the sea. The top rooms have private Jacuzzis while all guests can indulge in the spa, the chic bar and choice of two restaurants.
- There’s more adults-only relaxation at the beachfront Lani’s Suites de Luxe with its chic styling. Suites are white-on-white with pops of jewel colours, some with private plunge-pools.
- Alondra Villas and Suites is a beautiful collection of villa and suite accommodation, in Puerto del Carmen. The four person villas offer kitchenettes and private pools and are perfect for small groups or families looking for more independence than offered at a traditional hotel
- The adults-only Villa Vik has just 14 classic-contemporary suites with private terraces - the larger ones have Jacuzzis - plus heated pool and free bicycles.
- Arrecife Gran Hotel & Spa is a superb five star on Arrecife's seafront. With lovely sea views, excellent restaurant and spa, and proximity to the airport, it's ideal for a fly-and-flop beach mini-break.
- The Gran Meliá Salinas, on Costa Teguise, is a sprawling resort with a VIP area which features suites with private butlers and sunken baths. Set amongst lush gardens, there are plenty of on-site activities, several bars and large pool. Plus you've got direct access to the beach.
Still not found the perfect property amongst our selection of the best luxury hotels on Lanzarote?
- Expand your search to include all our Lanzarote recommendations,
- check out our pick of the best luxury hotels in the Canary Islands,
- or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Princesa Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel 385 rooms from $290Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
A deluxe seaside resort brimming with five-star quality. The elegant rooms exude simple style with contemporary furnishings and balconies overlooking the bay and gardens. With eight restaurants, an extensive spa, six outdoor pools and countless sports facilities, there is something for everyone.Families - With large rooms, a kids club, a playground, a spa, bar and games room, it's perfect for a family holiday to Lanzarote.Beach Life - Three minutes walk from the beach with access to snorkelling, diving, and swimming.Diving - The hotel can organise diving expeditions along the surrounding coastline.Views - Great views from hotel
The Volcan 255 rooms from $171Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
An excellent five-star hotel overlooking Marina Rubicón Port. The hotel is well equipped to meet guests needs, with luxurious rooms, sprawling outdoor pools, a large spa and five restaurants ranging from Japanese to Italian. With a heavenly strand nearby, it's perfect for a beach break.Families - With on site kids' club and a wide range of on site activities, plus a spa for the adults, it's perfect for all ages.Total relaxation - With deluxe suites, an excellent spa and beautiful nearby beaches, it's a great spot for a relaxing holiday.Fishing - Take day fishing trips from Playa Blanca and explore the coast from another perspective.Great walks - Make the most of the great walking in the nearby Timanfa National Park.
Hesperia Lanzarote 335 rooms from $185Puerto Calero, Lanzarote
A luxury seaside hotel with an emphasis on sports and activities. The modern rooms are plush and spacious with many boasting stunning sea views. Boasting onsite water sport facilities, tennis, volleyball and squash courts, it's perfect for an action packed family holiday.Families - With a miniclub for children, lots of watersports facilities, mini golf, a playground and several pools its kiddie heaven!Great walks - Make the most of the lovely walking trails in the nearby Timanfaya National Park.Sights nearby - The hotel sits nine miles from the Campesino Monument.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
La Isla y El Mar 82 rooms from $325Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote
La Isla y El Mar is a relaxing haven, exuding a serenity that is often missing from Lanzarote's big resort hotels. With plush suites, a deluxe spa, a cool pool bar and two restaurants, it's got a host of great services on offer. Perfect for peaceful, romantic break on the Atlantic.Romantic Break - With deluxe suites boasting outdoor jacuzzi's overlooking the Atlantic, it's ideal for a special getaway for two.Great walks - Make the most of the excellent walking trails in the Parque Nacional de Timanfaya.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Lani's Suites de Luxe 25 rooms from $513Lanzarote
A stunning modern hotel with a tranquil soothing atmosphere. The fashionable suites feature chic furnishings and bright white colour schemes and fantastic views out to sea. In the evening sample delicious Mediterranean cuisine right on the beachfront. A seaside oasis.Romantic Break - Brimming with style, the deluxe suites are perfect for a relaxing, romantic break in this chic adults only hotel.Great walks - Go walking in the stunning Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Restrictions on children - Adults only.Views - Great views from hotel
Alondra Villas & Suites 38 rooms from $184Puerto del Carmen,, Lanzarote
Splendid villas and suites away from the centre of Puerto del Carmen. The four person villas offer stylish rooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, plush seating areas and pools. Perfect for families and groups looking for a little more intimacy than an ordinary hotel might offer.Groups - The four person villas, with self catering kitchens, dining areas and indulgent spa are perfect for luxury group holidays.Total relaxation - Pamper yourself with a chilled out beach holiday, lounge by the pool, steam in the Hammam or wander down to the beach.Sights nearby - Visit the fascinating Campesino Monument, dedicated to Lanzarote agricultural traditions.Great walks - Take a day trip to the stunning Montañas de Fuego Mountains.
Villa Vik 14 rooms from $251Arrecife, Playa del Cable, Lanzarote
Smart and sophisticated, resort with modern interiors and classical touches. Large comfortable suites come with private terrace overlooking the lovely pool area. Locally sourced produce can be seen on the menu, and delicious cocktails at the Terrace Bar. A popular spot for weddings and romantics.Total relaxation - Refresh and rejuvenate- with no kids allowed, in room massages and reiki sessions, poolside bar and luxorious suites.Romantic Break - The larger suites come with a private Jacuzzi on your terrace for moonlite dips.Sights nearby - Just 200m down the road is Playa del Cable, head down for some surf, sand and sun.Great walks - Walking around the volcanic peaks makes for an active afternoon.
Arrecife Gran Hotel & Spa 160 rooms from $162Arrecife, Lanzarote
A superb modern hotel on the seafront in Arrecife. The luxurious rooms are spacious and comfortable with many affording stunning seaside vistas. Head to the 17th floor for sumptuous Mediterranean cuisine and unparalleled sea views. Perfect for a relaxing break on the beach.Total relaxation - With a stunning seafront location, a deluxe spa, and phenomanal Canarian cuisine- it's perfect for a relaxing break.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Spa
Gran Meliá Salinas 270 rooms from $186Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Grand-daddy of five-star resorts. Garden of Eden-like with its botanical garden courtyard and white sand beaches. Beautiful suites have private balconies and sea views. Eat well at the restaurant, catch sunset with a drink and enjoy the many water and land sports on offer.Active Holiday - The Social club has its own basketball, handball and volleyball courts, as well as access to mini golf.Total relaxation - Lounge by the pool, relax in the sauna or indulge in a full body massage.Swimming Pool - Large Lagoon Outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Recommended adults only.