- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Best luxury hotels in the Canary Islands
The Canary Islands may be best-known for sea, sun and package-holiday resorts. But they also make a fine destination for people who are seeking holidays with that little bit extra. Whether that means hideaway romantic places, top-quality restaurants, extra-large suites, pampering spas or all-action hotels with a raft of sports and leisure activities on-site, these needs can be met by the best luxury hotels in the Canary Islands.
Some hotels are adults-only, such as the chic Lani’s Suites de Luxe on Lanzarote and the Red Level Gran Melia Palacio de Isora on Tenerife. The latter also offers private butlers as does Gran Meliá Salinas on Lanzarote.
Design-junkies will appreciate the Baobab Suites on Tenerife with their cutting-edge cool interiors while guests at the beachfront Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real on Fuerteventura have no need to leave the resort, with its six restaurants, vast spa and watery activities. And if you’re after romance, take a look at the beach-front Grand Hotel Residencia on Gran Canaria with its hacienda-style rooms.
There's just a small taster here of the best luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. For full listings for each destination, simply click the link.
- There’s adults-only relaxation at the beachfront Lani’s Suites de Luxe with its chic styling. Suites are white-on-white with pops of jewel colours, some with private plunge-pools.
- The Gran Meliá Salinas, on Costa Teguise, is a sprawling resort with a VIP area boating suites with private butlers and sunken baths. Set amongst lush gardens, there are plenty of on-site activities, several bars as well as a large pool and various dining options. Plus it's recommended adults only.
- For a luxury family beach holiday book the Princesa Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel. Elegant all suite accommodation, eight restaurants, six pools, five minutes walk from the beach and on site children's clubs - it's perfect!
- With its infinity pool, beachfront position and butler service, you will want for very little at the adults-only Red Level Gran Melia Palacio de Isora. Rooms are chic and stylish in white-on-white, some with private pools.
- The stylish and family friendly Baobab Suites, by the sea just outside Costa Adeje, offer cutting-edge cool, private pools and the option of self-catering.
- For something slightly off the tourist trail, book the Hacienda del Conde. It's located at the quiet north western end of the island and is not as big as most resort hotels. But it has great facilities including a Seve Ballesteros designed golf course, swimming pools and choice of restaurants.
- Roca Nivaria provides five star luxury for families. There's all the facilities you'd expect plus kids' clubs, mini golf, playground and much more.
- Right on the beach at Maspaloma Grand Hotel Residencia has romantic, hacienda-style rooms, a gourmet restaurant, gym and spa and is close to a golf course.
- Action-seekers will love the adults-only Elba Palace Gold & Vital Hotel with its championship golf course, tennis courts, bicycles and gym. To relax, there’s a romantic cocktail bar, al fresco dining and contemporary-classic rooms.
- Beautifully situated on the beach in Corralejo, the Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real offers everything for a luxury sun-and-sea holiday from fabulous suites to a choice of six restaurants, a vast spa and a host of leisure activities including dolphin-spotting.
- Wrapped in gardens and with lovely sea-views, Hacienda de Abajo is a historical villa offering graciously furnished romantic bedrooms with a rich, colonial atmosphere. There’s also a pool and spa.
Nothing here that fits the bill?
- Check out our full list of recommnedations for the best places to stay in the Canary Islands
- or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Lani's Suites de Luxe 25 rooms from £394Lanzarote
A stunning modern hotel with a tranquil soothing atmosphere. The fashionable suites feature chic furnishings and bright white colour schemes and fantastic views out to sea. In the evening sample delicious Mediterranean cuisine right on the beachfront. A seaside oasis.Romantic Break - Brimming with style, the deluxe suites are perfect for a relaxing, romantic break in this chic adults only hotel.Great walks - Go walking in the stunning Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Restrictions on children - Adults only.Views - Great views from hotel
Gran Meliá Salinas 270 rooms from £143Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Grand-daddy of five-star resorts. Garden of Eden-like with its botanical garden courtyard and white sand beaches. Beautiful suites have private balconies and sea views. Eat well at the restaurant, catch sunset with a drink and enjoy the many water and land sports on offer.Active Holiday - The Social club has its own basketball, handball and volleyball courts, as well as access to mini golf.Total relaxation - Lounge by the pool, relax in the sauna or indulge in a full body massage.Swimming Pool - Large Lagoon Outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Recommended adults only.
Princesa Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel 385 rooms from £223Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
A deluxe seaside resort brimming with five-star quality. The elegant rooms exude simple style with contemporary furnishings and balconies overlooking the bay and gardens. With eight restaurants, an extensive spa, six outdoor pools and countless sports facilities, there is something for everyone.Families - With large rooms, a kids club, a playground, a spa, bar and games room, it's perfect for a family holiday to Lanzarote.Beach Life - Three minutes walk from the beach with access to snorkelling, diving, and swimming.Diving - The hotel can organise diving expeditions along the surrounding coastline.Views - Great views from hotel
Red Level Gran Melia Palacio de Isora 110 rooms from £368Alcalá, Tenerife
Luxury abounds at this edge of the Atlantic hotel. It's home to a wealth of riches with chic rooms, eight bars, a superb spa and a handful of restaurants. Luxuriate by the lagoon-style infinity pool or on the beach in front of the hotel. Attentive 24hr private butlers gives it all a personal touch.Romantic Break - An adults only relaxing haven, with hammam, nightclub, jacuzzi, spa, an extensive range of restaurants and 24 hour butlers!!Beach Life - One minute walk from the the manicured sands of Playa Jaquita, with plenty of watersports and stunning views of the bay.Surfing - The surrounding coastline is great for surfing, grab a board and catch some waves!Great walks - There are beautiful walking trails along the cliffs at Los Gigantes.
Baobab Suites 125 rooms from £225Costa Adeje, Tenerife
A spectacular ultra-modern hotel on the outskirts of Costa Adeje. The suites boast cutting-edge contemporary design features, minimalist furnishings and chic white colour schemes. Relax by the pristine swimming pools or enjoy cosmopolitan Canarian cuisine. A suave seaside escape.Families - The freedom of an apartment, combined with the luxury of a hotel, with free kids club, children's menu and year round sun.Romantic Break - Pamper yourselves with deluxe seafacing suites, boasting decked balconies, private pools, jacuzzis and excellent food.Great walks - Take a day trip to El Teide, a magnificent natural park full of great walking trails.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - I Escape
Roca Nivaria 298 rooms from £120Santa Cruz de Tenerife
A luxury hotel boasting stunning sea views. True to its five star accolade find every conceivable wish provided on site from exquisite cuisine to putting green. Grown up rooms are minimalistic yet cosy and feature large private balconies. Just a two minute walk from the beach. Fabulous.Total relaxation - A beach front property complete with an excellent spa. The perfect place to get away from it all.Families - Great choice of family suites plus kid's club, mini golf, playground and much more for all ages.Kids Club - Catering for ages 0-12 you'll find a mini club and separate babies club.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Grand Hotel Residencia 64 rooms from £223Maspalomas, Gran Canaria
A beautiful Five Star hotel on the beach front and close to the golf course. Romantic chic bedrooms and suites with four poster beds, soft linens and private balconies. Fantastic sporting and spa facilities; tennis courts, high tech gym, swimming pools. Excellent restaurants and beaches.HoneymoonsSpa breaks5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Beach Life
Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel 61 rooms from £149Antigua, Fuerteventura
A luxurious five-star hotel and golf course on the beautiful Fuerteventura. All style and class with plush rooms, an excellent restaurant, a hip cocktail bar and lagoon pools. Perfect for a golfing holiday or simply an excuse to indulge yourself in a relaxing break.Active Holiday - With a championship golf course on site, as well as squash and tennis courts, bowling, bike rental and a gym!Restrictions on children - Adult only.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real 242 rooms from £283Corralejo, Fuerteventura
A stellar five-star resort right on the beach in Corralejo. All the creature comforts of a top hotel including luxurious suites, six restaurants, a 3000 metres squared spa and a vibrant cocktail bar. Relax on the beach or go out to sea dolphin spotting. A sublime seaside spot.Total relaxation - The ultimate chilled out sun holiday, sitting right on the beach with deluxe suites, an extensive spa and impeccable service.Foodies - Foodie heaven with six restaurants to choose from, including the award-winning La Cúpula de Carles Gaig.Beach Life - Direct access to a beautiful golden sandy beachFishing - Sea fishing trips can be organised by the hotel.Recommended by - Johansens
Hacienda de Abajo 32 rooms from £214Villa y Puerto de Tazacorte, La Palma
A stunning historic villa set in luscious gardens with wonderful sea views. Boutique chic interiors boast antique furniture and a colonial ambience. Romantic bedrooms and suites have four poster beds, wooden floors, and sumptuous fabrics. Excellent restaurant, spa and pool. Highly romantic.LuxuryBeach LifeRomantic BreakViews - Great views from hotel