The 12 Best Inland Hotels on Mallorca
Mallorca’s rugged, green interior, with its beautiful, honey coloured hamlets and villages and its UNESCO listed stretches, might not be the first thing you think of when you think about holidaying in Mallorca. But this peaceful landscape is where you’ll find great restaurants, impressive open-air galleries, vineyards, farms and some exceptionally lovely hotels. If this whets your appetite then check out our Guru’s list of the 12 best inland hotels on Mallorca.
They’ve unearthed family-friendly fincas, luxurious converted palaces, pampering spa resorts and great value hideaways - all outside the main towns and surrounded by peaceful views. Then they’ve refined them down to a list of just the 12 best inland hotels on Mallorca.
The 12 Best Inland Hotels on Mallorca
The Most Romantic Inland Hotels
- Can Verdera, outside Fornalutx, is a beautiful farmhouse with lovely interiors in a stunning setting. There are 11 rooms and suites, all decorated in white, with attractive works of art. There’s also a lovely garden and pool and incredible views from the peaceful terraces.
- L’Hermitage Hotel & Spa is an off-the-beaten track country house hotel and spa with 20 chic, contemporary rooms and an exceptionally beautiful outlook of olive groves and orchards. There’s a spa as well as both indoor and outdoor pools.
- Mirabo de Valldemossa is a picture perfect discreet hideaway in the Sierra de Tramuntana with just nine chic rooms. The decor is contemporary and the gardens are beautiful. And there’s a Mallorcan restaurant.
For a complete escape!
- The Hotel Son Ametler is a small finca turned simple, yet stylish hotel in an out of the way location. The service is unobtrusive and the atmosphere is peaceful.
- Not too far away is the Finca Es Castell, a pretty, rustic contemporary-style finca with 12 rooms and a reputation for delicious food. Expect whitewashed walls, ancient vines, cobbled patios and beautiful views.
- And if you want a complete escape, but still have a cultural experience, consider the Es Revellar Art Resort, an exceptional agroturismo/art hotel with 14 spacious suites and villas. Think indoor/outdoor museum with impressively decorated rooms and 20 acres of tended grounds with eight lakes, 20 fountains and an outdoor pool. Adults only.
- Es Molí near Deia has a spectacular position offering views all the way to the sea. There are 87 generous sized rooms and you’re surrounded on all sides by lovely gardens.
- Or Predi Son Jaumell, a beautifully converted farmhouse now offering 24 pale, chic rooms with stunning views. There’s also an excellent restaurant and you’re just a short walk from the hotel’s private cove. Relaxing, romantic and very stylish.
- Monnaber Vell is a simple, unpretentious, 13 room hotel surrounded by a beautiful, rugged backdrop. The interiors are all stone, wood, natural fibres and neutral colours which are designed to echo the landscape - sounds relaxing, doesn’t it. There’s also an a la carte Mediterranean restaurant and an indulgent spa.
- Cases de son Barbassa is a beautifully converted farmhouse. The 20 simple, yet stylish rooms have many original features, like bare stone walls and exposed beams, but they also have large beds and jacuzzi baths. There’s a gorgeous pool in the garden and a great restaurant.
The Best Value Inland Hotels
- Son Palou is a discreet, family-run hotel just outside Sóller and surrounded by spectacular, UNESCO Heritage Listed scenery. Great for walkers and those who want to relax - there are 12 rooms and suites, some with their own whirlpool baths.
- The Casas de Ca's Garriguer is a gorgeous finca with ten boutique-style rooms with their own private balconies. There’s an enormous pool and terrace and a traditional restaurant. You’re just outside Valldemossa, so not too far from the beach OR the mountains.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the 12 best inland hotels on Mallorca might be perfect for you?
- You could expand your search to include all best places to stay on Mallorca?
- Or refine your search to the best value hotels on Mallorca? or the 10 Best Hotels for Walkers on Mallorca?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The Best Inland Hotels on Mallorca
Can Verdera 11 rooms from £140Fornalutx
The charming hotel sits within Spain’s twice-awarded ‘most beautiful valley’ above the popular town of Söller. A courtyard leads to a magical tiered garden with a pool and outdoor bar. A wonderful peaceful place to stay for couples. Totally romantic.Views - Wonderful views over the Soller ValleyRomantic - Good for couples.HoneymoonsRomantic BreakRecommended by - I Escape
L’Hermitage Hotel & Spa 20 rooms from £149Orient (Mallorca)
Off-the-beaten-track country hotel hidden in the beautiful Mallorca countryside. Chic, contemporary decor mixed with traditional period features. Spa and outdoor pool with mountain views. A rural oasis surrounded by olive groves and fruit trees.Spa - Includes jacuzzi, sauna, steam bath and indoor pool; aromatherapy, massages and body treatmentsTraditional - Rooms are decorated in a traditional Majorcan style with modern touchesGreat walks - Located in the middle of the Sierra de TramontanaSights nearby - Beautiful surrounding lakes and mountains
Mirabo de Valldemossa 9 rooms from £158Valldemossa, Mallorca
Discreet, privately-owned hideaway in the hills perfect for couples wanting peace and relaxation in a beautiful location. Chic rooms seamlessly combine original elements and contemporary furnishings. Lovely gardens & pool area. Delicious Mallorcan cuisine. Romantic and totally relaxing.Views - Stunning valley viewsHoneymoonsGreat walks - Situated in the middle of the Sierra de TramuntanaRestrictions on children - Not really suitable for children.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Hotel Son Ametler 8 rooms from £127Caimari, Mallorca
Simple yet stylish restored finca in the foothills of the Sierra de Tramuntana. With only eight bedrooms the emphasis is on unobtrusive service creating an atmosphere of total tranquility. Great value country retreat away from the crowds.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolFull of characterViews - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Finca Es Castell 12 rooms from £145Caimari, Mallorca
Off the beaten track, this pretty, rustic contemporary-style finca is ideal for groups, families and couples wanting a remote, informal countryside retreat with delicious food. Good relaxed base to explore the island. Cobbled patios, ancient vines and white washed walls - oodles of rustic charm.Views - Stunning views over the surrounding countrysideSecluded setting - A rustic retreat in a lovely location.Total relaxationFull of characterRecommended by - I Escape
Es Revellar Art Resort 14 rooms from £166Campos
An exceptional one-off agroturismo land art hotel with good food, spacious villas and suites and friendly service. Ideal for art lovers (and adults only) seeking an unforgettable cultural experience in a uniquely extraordinary place. Think indoor and outdoor museum with impressively decorated rooms.Garden - 20 acres of beautifully tended grounds including eight lakes and twenty fountains.Artworks - Guided tours are availableLocal markets - There is a weekly market in CamposSwimming Pool - Non chlorinated outdoor pool
Es Molí 87 rooms from £139Deià, Mallorca
A large but well laid out hotel close to Deia that stands out for its spectacular setting, seaviews and lush gardens. Large rooms with standard period decor, private rocky cove a short drive away, great for a relaxing country break.Local markets - In nearby villages on Wednesdays, Saturdays and SundaysViews - Beautiful coastal and mountain viewsSwimming Pool - Heated, spring water swimming poolGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Predi Son Jaumell 24 rooms from £168Capdepera (Carretera Cala Mesquida, Km 1)
A seamless, chic traditional farmhouse with beautiful rooms, stunning views, excellent food, and a short walk from its private cove. Enormous all white suites have attractive works of art and four poster beds. Equally lovely living areas, pool and lounge area. Romantic, relaxing, and very stylish.Views - Stunning views of the castle of Capdepera and the Mallorcan countrysideRomantic BreakTraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Monnaber Vell 13 rooms from £136Campanet, Mallorca
A simple, unpretentious hotel set against a beautiful rugged backdrop. Interiors of stone, wood and neutral colours echo the landscape. An a la carte restaurant offers tasty Mediterranean dishes. The indulgent spa makes this a wonderful rural escape, an excellent base for walkers and nature-lovers.GolfBack to NatureHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Cases de son Barbassa 20 rooms from £223Capdepera
A rustic chic farmhouse with wonderful countryside views close to the beach. Simple yet stylish rooms with large beds, bare stone walls, wooden beams and jacuzzi baths. Gorgeous pool, restaurant, and garden. Good for couples, groups & families wanting easy access to both beach and mountains.Views - On a clear day you can see as far as MenorcaSights nearby - A couple of kms from mediaeval CapdeperaSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
Son Palou 12 rooms from £158Orient
A discreet family-run hotel in a peaceful UNESCO countryside hamlet in the hills just outside Soller. Sunny sandstone walls, pretty flowers, bright terracotta, verdant greenery and valley views. Perfect hideaway for couples to unwind and explore the neighbouring hill villages of northern Mallorca.Views - Magnificent views along the Orient ValleyRomantic BreakPrivate Hot Tub - Junior suites are all equipped with their own whirlpoolsSights nearby - Visit the ruins of the moorish Castell de Alaró.Recommended by - I Escape
Cases de Ca's Garriguer 10 rooms from £103Illes Balears, Mallorca
A gorgeous finca just outside Valldemossa and not far from beautiful bays and beaches. Boutique chic rooms have private balconies, romantic furnishings, and all the mod cons. Lovely pool and sun terrace, traditional restaurant, and plenty to do. Perfect for a beach holiday.Views - Stunning valley views.Beach LifeRomantic BreakSights nearby - Valledemosa nearby has many historical attractions.