The 10 Best Hotels for Walkers on Mallorca
Scenic Mallorca spoils walkers for choice with its coastal jaunts, cliffside hikes, valley explorations and mountain climbs. The summer season is when it’s busiest for beach lovers, but in the shoulder season Mallorca is taken over by walkers, cyclists, climbers and divers. So it still pays to book in advance if you want to stay in one of the 10 best hotels for walkers on Mallorca.
Our Gurus recommendations for the best hotels for walkers on Mallorca include the perfect bases to traverse the Sierra de Tramuntana in the west or the less steep Sierra de Levant in the east. They also have some top picks for people planning to walk the coast paths and great choices in Sóller, which has become the unofficial mountain walkers' capital. They even have some recommendations for the best hotels for walkers on Mallorca in Palma de Mallorca and some of the other larger centres if you want to see the sights and city lights.
The 10 Best Hotels for Walkers on Mallorca
The Best Beach Hotels for Walkers
- La Moraleja is a boutique style hotel close to the beaches AND the mountains. There are 22 elegantly designed rooms, showcasing some interesting art, plus the choice of formal or informal dining, a library, games room, poolside bar and a collection of vintage cars.
The Best Escape Hotels for Walkers
- Monnaber Vell is a simple, unpretentious, 13 room hotel surrounded by a beautiful, rugged backdrop. The interiors are all stone, wood, natural fibres and neutral colours which are designed to echo the landscape - sounds relaxing, doesn’t it. There’s also an a la carte Mediterranean restaurant and an indulgent spa.
The Most Romantic Hotels for Walkers
- The Hotel Salvia is traditional stone country house turned elegant, luxurious hotel in the heart of old Sóller. There are lush gardens, sprawling sun terraces and an excellent table d’hôte. You’re also not far from the beach and there are plenty of local sights.
- Cas Comte Petit Hotel & Spa is a luxurious adults only hotel in a beautiful, traditional Mallorcan town. There are 14 rooms and suites with charming original features. There’s also a wonderful roof terrace with a pool and restaurant. Here, you’re well positioned to do some sightseeing, as well as being close to the Sierra de Tramuntana and the Cape of Formentor.
The Best Value Hotels for Walkers
- The Petit Hotel, in picturesque Fornalutx, is a traditional, eight room hotel with spacious suites and stunning valley views. There’s also a wonderful garden and an infinity pool. Plus you’re in the heart of the Sierra de Tramuntana.
- Can Tem is a quiet, no-frills, six room hotel in Old Town Alcúdia. There’s a warm welcome, a lovely stone courtyard and you’re close to the beach.
- Or you can book into Son Cardaix in Artà, a traditional country estate turned agrotourismo. There are just nine bedrooms, with exposed stone and four poster beds. You’re close to the Nature Reserve of the Levant.
The Best Sea View Hotels for Walkers
- Es Molí near Deia has a spectacular position offering views all the way to the sea. There are 87 generous sized rooms and you’re surrounded on all sides by lovely gardens.
- Or Predi Son Jaumell, a beautifully converted farmhouse now offering 24 pale, chic rooms with stunning views. There’s also an excellent restaurant and you’re just a short walk from the hotel’s private cove. Relaxing, romantic and very stylish.
The Best Hotels for Walkers in Palma de Mallorca
- The Hotel Cort is a smaller, newer property, with just 14 rooms, some of them family suites. They also have a lovely rooftop pool and bar and you’re close to the beach, the shops and plenty of restaurants.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the 10 best hotels for walkers on Mallorca might be perfect for you?
- You could expand your search to include all best places to stay on Mallorca?
- Or you might want to refine your search to the best value hotels on Mallorca? Or you could try the 10 Best Hotels for Cyclists on Mallorca? or the best beach hotels on Mallorca?
- Or the Best B&Bs on Mallorca?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The 10 Best Hotels for Walkers on Mallorca
La Moraleja 22 rooms from £114Cala Sant Vincenç (Cala Sant Vicenç)
A chic boutique hotel located close to the beaches and mountains of Mallorca. Elegantly designed rooms showcasing interesting artworks offer great views from the large terraces. Formal and informal dining options and a poolside bar. A games room, library and a collection of vintage cars on-site.Total relaxation - A luxurious wellness area to enjoy a sauna, a dip in the hoth tub, a massage or natural skin treatmentsActive Holiday - The hotel is a great base to indulge in various sports activities that the island has on offerGreat walks - Walking excursions can be organised and are a great way to explore the surrouding areasDiving - For more experienced divers
Cas Comte Petit Hotel & Spa 14 rooms from £123Lloseta, Mallorca
A luxury adults only hotel in a traditional Mallorcan town with a fantastic spa. Charming rooms and suites have stone walls, big comfy beds, and wooden beams. Wonderful views from the roof top pool terrace, excellent food, and pampering spa therapies. The perfect base for exploring the island.Spa breaksSights nearby - Monastery of Lluc, Castle of Alaró, and famous towns of Valldemossa, Soller and Pollença.Great walks - There are great walks in the Sierra de Tramuntana. Or walk the Cape of Formentor.Spa - Ayurvedic spa treatmentsRecommended by - CN Traveller
Monnaber Vell 13 rooms from £136Campanet, Mallorca
A simple, unpretentious hotel set against a beautiful rugged backdrop. Interiors of stone, wood and neutral colours echo the landscape. An a la carte restaurant offers tasty Mediterranean dishes. The indulgent spa makes this a wonderful rural escape, an excellent base for walkers and nature-lovers.GolfBack to NatureHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Hotel Salvia 7 rooms from £140Sóller, Mallorca
Timelessness and luxurious elegance in the heart of old Sóller. A traditional stone country house with grand rooms, luscious gardens, sprawling terraces and an excellent table d'hote. A romantic spot not far from the beach, set amid beautiful scenery.Romantic Break - An elegant 18th century hideaway with carefully choosen antique furnishings, spectacular mountain views and lush gardens.Local exploring - A tranquil hotel, surprisingly set in the heart of the ancient town of Soller, amidst winding lanes and cobbled streets.Great walks - Explore the narrow lanes of Soller, winding down towards the main square and the church of St. Bartholomew.Sights nearby - Visit the pretty villages of Deia, Valledomossa, Fornalutx and Biniaraitx.Recommended by - I Escape
Petit Hotel 8 rooms from £174Fornalutx
A traditional chic hotel in a picturesque mountain village with stunning valley views. Spacious rooms and suites are romantic with white washed walls, wooden beams, and big comfy beds. Gorgeous gardens and infinity pool, excellent food, and excellent value. Romantic, relaxing, family friendly too.Views - Breathtaking views over the surrounding countrysideValue chicRomantic BreakGreat walks - Situated in the heart of the Sierra de TramuntanaRecommended by - Sawdays
Can Tem 6 rooms from £79Alcúdia
A spotlessly clean, quiet and small no-frills hotel in Old Town Alcudia where guests (mainly couples and solo travellers) are made to feel at home. Lovely stone courtyard and deliciously comfortable beds. Close to the beach, fantastic value.Value chicSights nearby - Situated in the heart of Alcudia Old Town. Close to the Roman ruins at PollencaSailing - Can be booked nearby.Great walks - Good for walkers.
Son Cardaix 9 rooms from £106Artà (Mallorca)
This traditional country estate is an agrotourism property. With an outdoor terrace and pool you can enjoy the unspoilt Mallorcan scenery. Each of the bedrooms are traditionally decorated with exposed stone, four poster beds and white linens. Breakfast and local Spanish cuisine is served.Sailing - Boats trips can be arranged from Port d’Alcúdia Marina.Local markets - Located in Batlessa House in the nearby town of Arta.Sights nearby - Enjoy a sundowner at Port d’Alcúdia Marina.Great walks - Through the Nature Reserve of Levant.
Es Molí 87 rooms from £139Deià, Mallorca
A large but well laid out hotel close to Deia that stands out for its spectacular setting, seaviews and lush gardens. Large rooms with standard period decor, private rocky cove a short drive away, great for a relaxing country break.Local markets - In nearby villages on Wednesdays, Saturdays and SundaysViews - Beautiful coastal and mountain viewsSwimming Pool - Heated, spring water swimming poolGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Predi Son Jaumell 24 rooms from £168Capdepera (Carretera Cala Mesquida, Km 1)
A seamless, chic traditional farmhouse with beautiful rooms, stunning views, excellent food, and a short walk from its private cove. Enormous all white suites have attractive works of art and four poster beds. Equally lovely living areas, pool and lounge area. Romantic, relaxing, and very stylish.Views - Stunning views of the castle of Capdepera and the Mallorcan countrysideRomantic BreakTraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Hotel Cort 14 rooms from £145Palma de Mallorca (07001 Palma De Mallorca)
In the heart of Palma's charming old town, this stylish boutique hotel is just minutes stroll from numerous city centre attractions. It also provides the perfect spot for alfresco dining and a secluded rooftop terrace away from the crowds.Sights nearby - Palma Cathedral and the Almudaina Royal PalaceGreat walks - Explore the citySwimming Pool - Plunge poolQuirky - An experience!