- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Best family hotels on Tenerife
The year-round sunshine, soft-white beaches and attractive landscapes - from tropical forests to volcanic lava - have helped make Tenerife the most popular of all the Canary Islands. And with shallow waters and plenty of child-friendly activities, it is a clear favourite with families. The best family hotels on Tenerife vary from rural retreats to five star luxury beach resorts and everything in between!
The most popular resorts are in the south west around Los Cristianos, Playa de las Américas and Costa Adeje. Here you will find plenty of soft-white sands, safe swimming pools, water sports - including surfing and sailing - and some of Tenerife’s best family hotels with a choice to suit all budgets. Dolphin- and whale-watching trips are also on offer.
The island is big on water-parks and theme-park fun from the beautiful, designer pools at the Parque Maritimo César Manrigue in the capital Santa Cruz, to beach playgrounds and go-karting around the southern resorts. Around the latter you will also find attractions such Jungle Park with its exotic animals and birds, and camel-riding.
Use our guide to the best family hotels on Tenerife to plan your break. But don't forget that if you want to visit during the peak seasons, you'll need to be organised and book well ahead.
For a rural stay
- The relaxed La Casona del Patio, a restored 17th-century manor house near Masca in the rural north-west and close to the Teno Mountains, has rustic rooms, plenty of space for energetic kids, and a special children’s menu in the seafood restaurant.
- Hotel el Patio is another good rural pick, close to Garachico. Again a restored period property with traditional accommodation (superior rooms sleep up to four) - think tiled floors, antique furnishings and exposed beams, plus lovely gardens with pool and tennis court. It's excellent value too with doubles from just €91 per night including breakfast.
For a beach holiday
- The contemporary-style Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf has balconied rooms, many with sea-views, a choice of pools and plenty of child-friendly activities.
- Roca Nivaria is a luxury offering boasting stunning sea views and a plethora of on site activities from huge lagoon style swimming pools, tennis courts, and gym to the all important kids' clubs (from babies to 12 years old are catered for). There's a wide choice of dining options and a spa for some adult pampering!
- With a private beach, lush tropical gardens, Disney-style architecture, plus a choice of rooms, suites and individual villas, Bahia del Duque is a real fantasy getaway. Every whim can be met - and children will love the games room and water sports.
- Baobab Suites in Costa Adeje also ticks lots of boxes. With contemporary apartment accommodation combined with all the services you'd expect from a luxury hotel, plus complimentary kids' clubs and good family friendly dining options it's ideal for a family holiday.
For a town based stay
- In Puerto de la Cruz, the luxury Hotel Botanico has contemporary-classic rooms, including family suites, indoor and outdoor pools, children’s club - plus spa for grown-ups - a choice of four restaurants, and a lovely garden.
- And in the capital, Santa Cruz de Tenerife you'll find the Grand Hotel Mencey. Colonial style architecture belies the modern sleek interiors. There are family rooms and suites, large swimming pools and on site babysitting services.
Still not found the right property?
- Expand your search to include our pick of family hotels in the Canary Islands
- Take a look at all our Tenerife recommendations
- Contact a friendly guru for advice.
Hotel el Patio 26 rooms from $103Garachico, Tenerife
A sedate manor house set with lush grounds, close to the beach, and surrounded by nature reserves. Traditional elegant bedrooms have pastel painted walls and attractive furnishings. Swimming pool, terraces and gardens. A family spot at a great price.Value chicSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorGreat walks - Good for walkers.TraditionalRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
La Casona del Patio 20 rooms from $112Santiago del Teide, Tenerife
A quaint and easy-going hotel, set in a restored 17th century manor house. The comfortable rooms boast a lovely blend of wooden vaulted ceilings, stone floors, funky furniture and antiques. Enjoy traditional recipes at the tasty seafood restaurant Brimming with character and unpretentious charm.Local exploring - Off the beaten track, ideal for exploring the stunning surrounding coastline, Teno Mountains and Chinyero Nature Reserve.Families - With family rooms, a special kids menus, and plenty of rooms for running around, it's perfect for a family holiday.Great walks - There are plenty of beautiful options for walking in the nearby Teno Mountains and Chinyero Nature ReserveSights nearby - Visit the stunning seaside village of Garachico, once submerged in lava.
Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf 281 rooms from $155San Miguel de Abona, Tenerife
A contemporary classic resort on the sea front. Close to a nature reserve, golf course, watersports, the hotel is an ideal spot for families. Modern rooms and suites have private balconies with sea views. Excellent restaurant, pool and spa.Active HolidayFamiliesSwimming Pool - Five adult and three children's poolsKayaking - On the boating lakeRecommended by - CN Traveller
Hotel Botanico 252 rooms from $189Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife
A FIve Star spa hotel in the city centre with lovely sea views, excellent restaurants, kids club, penthouse suites, and botanical gardens. Simple yet elegant rooms and suites have private balconies, some with hot tubs, all the mod cons, and far reaching views out to sea. A luxury beach holiday.Views - Fantastic views of the Atlantic Ocean and Mount TeideFamilies5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Beach LifeRecommended by - CN Traveller
Villa Cortes 151 rooms from $327Playa de la Américas, Tenerife
Villa Cortes is a vision of luxury in Playas de las Americas, equipped with all the bells and whistles of a five-star resort. All your culinary needs are met by six restaurants and a further four bars add a bit of kick to the atmosphere. A place to relax, whether it's on the beach or in the spa.Beach Life - Just a five minutes walk from the beach, with a funky beach bar, a beach club restaurant and sun terraces with Balinese beds.Honeymoons - A vibrant and opulent escape, filled with Arabic tiles, romantic courtyards, fragrant gardens and plush suites.Great walks - Make the most of the picturesque walking routes along the surrounding coastline.Romantic - Good for couples.
Bahia Del Duque 356 rooms from $575Costa Adeje, Tenerife
A stellar beachside resort that will cater to everyones needs with grace, style, and aplomb. All the creature comforts of a five-star hotel including deluxe private villas and eight restaurants set on six hectares of incredible subtropical gardens. A seaside stunner.Families - Family heaven, with huge private villas, a playground, a pool and babysitting, as well as a range of bars and spa treatments.Beach Life - With direct private access to the whole of the Del Duque beach, on the most exclusive stretch of the Costa Adeje.Great walks - Take a walk through the extensive botanical gardens and down to the beach.OpulentRecommended by - Johansens
Grand Hotel Mencey 261 rooms from $167Santa Cruz de Tenerife
A stylish, modern hotel set in the midst of Tenerife's capital. It's architectural style is an evocation of colonial times, yet inside the rooms are minimalist and comfortable. Relax by the expansive lagoon pool or hit the roulette tables in the hotel's casino. Luxury at a low price.Families - With family rooms, babysitting services, and a lagoon style pool, it's perfect for a family holiday.Local exploring - Perfect for exploring Santa Cruz de Tenerife and the surrounding coastline.Great walks - Make the most of the excellent walking in García Sanabria Park.Sights nearby - Catedral San Cristobal de La Laguna is four miles away.
Roca Nivaria 298 rooms from $157Santa Cruz de Tenerife
A luxury hotel boasting stunning sea views. True to its five star accolade find every conceivable wish provided on site from exquisite cuisine to putting green. Grown up rooms are minimalistic yet cosy and feature large private balconies. Just a two minute walk from the beach. Fabulous.Total relaxation - A beach front property complete with an excellent spa. The perfect place to get away from it all.Families - Great choice of family suites plus kid's club, mini golf, playground and much more for all ages.Kids Club - Catering for ages 0-12 you'll find a mini club and separate babies club.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.