20 of the Best Luxury Hotels on Tenerife
Tenerife, largest of the Canary Islands, may be best known for its white beaches, water-sports, family-friendly activities, and all-inclusive beach resorts. But these sunshine drenched shores also have a lot to offer people looking for tranquility, heavenly views, pampering, privacy, romance, gourmet cuisine, world class facilities, and service par excellence. And if that’s what you’re looking for you’ll find it on our recommendations for 20 of the best luxury hotels on Tenerife.
Yes, if you want world class golf courses just outside your door, or a world class spa pampering, and to dine in Michelin starred restaurants whilst enjoying incredible sea views, then, it may surprise you, but Tenerife is for you. Whether you’re travelling with your kids, or you’ve an adults only holiday planned, we can recommend somewhere for you. We’ve scoured the island, and know that the Hotel Botanico in Puerto de la Cruz, has penthouse suites and rooms with hot tubs; the adults-only Hacienda del Conde has both a spa and golf course; while romantics should take a look at the Moorish-style Grand Hotel el Mirador, which is right on the beach.
For a Luxury Beach Hotel
- Tumbling down a coastal cliff, well away from the crowds and overlooking the Atlantic, the Ritz Carlton Abama is a sprawling, Moorish-styled resort-hotel with a choice of ten restaurants — two with Michelin stars, 461 contemporary rooms, a championship golf course, spa and gym, and a private beach. You can see La Gomera from the best of the private balconies in the Colonial-feeling rooms.
- Right on the beach at Costa Adeje, Jardines de Nivaria is a five star hotel with 271 stylish rooms and suites decorated in masculine neutrals, a roof terrace, and impressive spa, and a vast outdoor, lagoon-landscaped pool. There’s also a choice of restaurants and bars.
- With a private beach, lush tropical gardens, Disney-style architecture, and a huge variety of rooms, suites and private villas amongst its 356 choices, the Bahia del Duque is a real fantasy beach resort. This is an amazing place for families to visit together, with huge family villas, playgrounds, eight hectares of landscaped gardens, a games room, kids clubs and babysitting available. And there are eight restaurants.
- Sprawling and opulent, the Villa Cortes in Playa de las Américas, is a large resort about five minutes stroll from the beach. Its 151 rooms and suites are arranged around a tropically landscaped pool, complete with waterfall features and Balinese sun beds on the terraces. There are six restaurants, including a beach club restaurant, and four bars, which add something to the atmosphere. This is the sort of resort you don’t need to leave.
For a honeymoon
- The Grand Hotel el Mirador is as opulent as it sounds with a pastel-coloured, pillared facade that looks like something out of ‘The Arabian Nights’, an impressive lagoon pool and plenty of palm trees. Inside are 120 rooms and suites, huge cream and golf affairs with sea views — some with their own hot tubs too. There are three restaurants to choose from, an extensive spa menu and a beautiful beach nearby.
- In a quiet setting on the Costa Adeje, the Royal Gardens Villas & Spa offers hideaway-luxury in its romantic villas, all individually decorated in Balinese style, with their own private pools. The villas are set in tropical gardens, which also hide a Spanish restaurant, an atmospheric cocktail bar and a deluxe spa.
Tenerife’s Best Luxury Escapes
- Tucked away on Tenerife’s lesser-visited north coast, the Jardin de la Paz is a luxurious collection of ocean-facing apartments and villas, all beautifully decorated, with full kitchens and all the mod. cons. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, these villas and apartments share several pools and terraces, and some have their own private terraces, balconies and hot tubs.
- La Malvasia is a collection of 15 charming rooms and cottages, in a beautiful, rural spot not far from the beach. The main hotel is spacious, and the cottages are too, with large lounges tiled with terracotta, wood-burning stoves and bright, well equipped kitchens. Relax on the sundeck by the pool and stroll into the local town come the evening. Perfect for families too.
- The adults-only Hacienda del Conde is sandwiched between the sea and the mountains, and overlooks a golf course well away from touristy Tenerife. Its 117 rooms and suites are smart and contemporary, and there’s a choice of pools and restaurants, as well as a spa.
Family Friendly Luxury
- Roca Nivaria, in Santa Cruz, offers a wonderful blend of minimalist design and five star service. And all in a family-friendly, and generally friendly, way. You’re right on the beach, and the best of the 298 rooms and suites have incredible ocean views and large private balconies, but it’s in the facilities department that this hotel really shines for families, with several kids clubs, a playground, mini golf course, and a fantastic lagoon pool landscape. The food is really something too.
- Also in Santa Cruz, the Grand Hotel Mencey offer great value luxury for families. This is another large hotel, with 261 rooms and suites, with both family rooms and family suites available, and lots of choice when it comes to facilities. The lagoon style pool is another easy winner for kids, and they offer babysitting services too, if you need a break. The colonial feel adds elegance, and the hotel casino provides the glamour.
- Costa Adeje’s chic Baobab Suites offer apartment, or hotel room living, right by the beach on the outskirts of town. Whichever of the 125 rooms, suites or apartments you choose you’ll have access to the kids club, and some have sea-facing balconies, or private pools and hot tubs too. The decor is minimalist and the restaurant cuisine pleasingly Canadian. But you can self-cater if you want to.
- The Royal Hideaway Corales Suites is a haven of luxurious, contemporary design. In a quiet spot, right on the ocean, this hotel has a beautiful collection of 109 light and airy rooms and suites, decorated in white, minimalist style. It’s impressive on the outside too, with sea views, a glamorous outdoor pool, and a cocktail bar. There are also nine restaurants, an indoor pool and a spa. This is the sort of resort you don’t need to leave.
- With its beachfront position, lagoon-style infinity pool, eight bars and an extensive range of restaurants, plus a 24 hour butler service, you will want for very little at the adults-only Red Level Gran Melia Palacio de Isora. Rooms are chic and stylish in white-on-white, some with private pools, terraces or outdoor whirlpool baths.
- Las Madrigueras is a gorgeous country escape set on an attractive golf course, just 20 minutes walk from the beach at Costa Adeje. The hotel itself is terracotta coloured, with grand colonnades, a lagoon pool and palm trees. Inside expect cool stylish marble in both the public areas and in the 57 rooms and suites, all with private terraces. The food is excellent too.
For a Luxurious City Break
- The Hotel Botanico is a five star spa hotel in the centre of Puerto de la Cruz, with views from its luxurious rooftop spa of Mount Teide in one direction, and the Atlantic Ocean in the other. This 252 room and suite hotel wouldn’t be out of place in our list of recommendations for luxury family hotels in Tenerife, with its kid’s club, botanical gardens and choice of four restaurants. The decor is simple, with a traditional hotel feel.
Great Value Luxury Hotels
- The Atlantic Mirage Suites and Spa in Puerto de la Cruz is the sort of place that's designed for relaxation. Which is probably why it’s an adults only hotel. It’s got an extensive spa and all sorts of wellness facilities, plus 178 light and airy rooms with floor to ceiling windows to allows for maximum relaxation-al benefits from the sea views. There’s also a huge pool and beautiful landscaped gardens.
- La Laguna Gran Hotel is a chic, yet affordable property in the heart of historic La Laguna. This hotel has a traditional Canary islands feel, but blended with boutique hotel details. Like a fantastic rooftop pool with a view, and a Michelin-starred restaurant. This is the ideal base for exploring La Laguna.
- The Hotel Tigaiga is a smart, 84 rooms hotel in Santa Cruz, surrounded by glorious tropical gardens and just 15 minutes stroll from the beaches. The rooms and apartments here are large, and decorated with fresh colours, of the sort you find in nature, and impressive wildlife photography. There’s also an excellent restaurant.
Still not sure which to book?
- You could expand your search to include our recommendations for all the best places to stay in Tenerife,
- or expand by location, and consider our recommendations for luxury hotels in the Canary Islands.
- You might also want to read over our recommendations for 13 of the Best Beach Hotels on Tenerife or 8 of the Best Family Friendly Hotels on Tenerife.
- Or you could contact a friendly Guru for personalised advice.
Hacienda del Conde Tenerife 117 rooms from £208Romantic Break - With intimate luxurious suites, an extensive range of restaurants and an adults only policy it's perfect for a romantic break.Total relaxation - Soak up the soothing seculuded atmosphere, excellent service and deluxe spa with a range of treatments.Sights nearby - Visit the picturesque seaside village of Garachico, five miles from the hotel.Sailing - Sail around the coastline to the stunning cliffs of Los Gigantes.
A fabulous five-star hotel off the Tenerife tourist trail. With plush rooms, three restaurants, two swimming pools and an extensive spa, it caters to all preferences. Golfers will cherish the superb Ballesteros designed course facing the sea. Adults only - perfect excuse to leave kids at home. See More
Red Level Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Alcalá, Tenerife 110 rooms from £364Romantic Break - An adults only relaxing haven, with hammam, nightclub, hot tub, spa, an extensive range of restaurants and 24 hour butlers!!Beach Life - One minute walk from the the manicured sands of Playa Jaquita, with plenty of watersports and stunning views of the bay.Surfing - The surrounding coastline is great for surfing, grab a board and catch some waves!Private Hot Tub - Some rooms come with large private terrace with outdoor whirlpool bathtub
Luxury abounds at this edge of the Atlantic hotel. It's home to a wealth of riches with chic rooms, eight bars, a superb spa and a handful of restaurants. Luxuriate by the lagoon-style infinity pool or on the beach in front of the hotel. Attentive 24hr private butlers gives it all a personal touch. See More
Jardines de Nivaria Tenerife 271 rooms from £172Total relaxation - From spa to an enormous outdoor pool this is a space designed for unwinding.Beach Life - Just a short walk from a stunning sandy beach.Tennis - On site flood lit tennis courts to keep the active occupied.Romantic - Good for couples.
A five star luxury hotel with an unbeatable location on the seafront of the Costa Adeje. Smart rooms are contemporary in style with tiled floors, modern art and private balconies. Unwind by the stunning pool or in the spoiling spa. A collection of excellent bars and restaurants. Very chic. See More
Ritz Carlton Abama Guía de Isora, Tenerife 461 rooms from £352Foodies - The hotel offers ten restaurants with MB having two michelin stars, and the Japanese Kabuki has been awarded one michel star.Hideaway - A secluded clifftop property overlooking a banana plantation and the neighbouring island of La Gomera.Views - Great views from hotelFour poster beds - For romantics.
A spectacular, Moorish-inspired five-star resort overlooking the Atlantic. Plush Colonial-style rooms with private balconies and pampering en suites. The hotel covers all the bases with ten restaurants, a deluxe spa, a championship golf course and much more. An opulent escape. See More
Bahia Del Duque Costa Adeje, Tenerife 356 rooms from £436Families - Family heaven, with huge private villas, a playground, a pool and babysitting, as well as a range of bars and spa treatments.Foodies - Dine in the superb Michelin-starred Nub restaurant which merges Chilean, Italian and traditional Tinerfeño cuisineBeach Life - With direct private access to the whole of the Del Duque beach, on the most exclusive stretch of the Costa Adeje.Great walks - Take a walk through the extensive botanical gardens and down to the beach.
Jardin de la Paz Tenerife 12 rooms from £200Value chic - The chic villas and studios offer great value and independent travel, surrounded by lush gardens and lovely sea views.Total relaxation - On the north coast away from the hustle and bustle of Tenerife's resorts, perfect for relaxing in the sun.Surfing - There are some great surfing beaches on the surrounding coastline.Great walks - Take great walking routes with the hotel's own hiking guide.Recommended by - I Escape
Nestled into the lesser travelled North coast of Tenerife, Jardin de la Paz offers luxury ocean facing apartments and villas. The villas are beautifully decorated and fitted with fully equipped kitchens. Luxuriate by one of the lovely swimming pools or lounge in the exotic garden. See More
Baobab Suites Costa Adeje, Tenerife 125 rooms from £223Families - The freedom of an apartment, combined with the luxury of a hotel, with free kids club, children's menu and year round sun.Romantic Break - Pamper yourselves with deluxe seafacing suites, boasting decked balconies, private pools, hot tubs and excellent food.Great walks - Take a day trip to El Teide, a magnificent natural park full of great walking trails.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - I Escape
A spectacular ultra-modern hotel on the outskirts of Costa Adeje. The suites boast cutting-edge contemporary design features, minimalist furnishings and chic white colour schemes. Relax by the pristine swimming pools or enjoy cosmopolitan Canarian cuisine. A suave seaside escape. See More
Las Madrigueras Tenerife 57 rooms from £269Country Escape - Set on an attractive golf course just 20 minutes' walk from the beach, this lush green area is ideal for a quiet retreatSailing - Explore the coast by boat to discover some amazing quiet spotsRestrictions on children - 16-year olds plus are welcomedSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Set in a gorgeous terracotta-coloured collonaded building with a pool and a neat little spa, surrounded by a lush golf course. Marble-clad interiors are cool and stylish, while the luxurious rooms are bright and spacious and feature private terraces. The top-notch cuisine seals the deal. See More
Roca Nivaria Santa Cruz de Tenerife 298 rooms from £119Total relaxation - A beach front property complete with an excellent spa. The perfect place to get away from it all.Families - Great choice of family suites plus kid's club, mini golf, playground and much more for all ages.Kids Club - Catering for ages 0-12 you'll find a mini club and separate babies club.Romantic - Good for couples.
A luxury hotel boasting stunning sea views. True to its five star accolade find every conceivable wish provided on site from exquisite cuisine to putting green. Grown up rooms are minimalistic yet cosy and feature large private balconies. Just a two minute walk from the beach. Fabulous. See More
Villa Cortes Playa de la Américas, Tenerife 151 rooms from £248Beach Life - Just a five minutes walk from the beach, with a funky beach bar, a beach club restaurant and sun terraces with Balinese beds.Honeymoons - A vibrant and opulent escape, filled with Arabic tiles, romantic courtyards, fragrant gardens and plush suites.Great walks - Make the most of the picturesque walking routes along the surrounding coastline.Tennis - Enjoy a game of tennis on one of the hotel's courts.
Villa Cortes is a vision of luxury in Playas de las Americas, equipped with all the bells and whistles of a five-star resort. All your culinary needs are met by six restaurants and a further four bars add a bit of kick to the atmosphere. A place to relax, whether it's on the beach or in the spa. See More
Grand Hotel El Mirador Costa Adeje, Tenerife 120 rooms from £335Romantic Break - With luxurious Arabian nights style suites overlooking the sea, and an excellent restaurant, it's ideal for a romantic getaway.Total relaxation - A sublime spa, combined with unbeatable service and indulgent interiors make for a pampering beach holiday.Surfing - Try your hand at catching some waves on the beach infront of the hotel.Fishing - The hotel will happily organise sea fishing trips.
Opulence and luxury reign supreme at the Grand Hotel El Mirador, resembling something off the set from Alibaba. With palatial rooms, an extensive spa, three restaurants, a heavenly beach nearby, it's hard to argue with the quality of service on offer. Five-star excellence. See More
Royal Gardens Villas & Spa Adeje, Tenerife from £466Total relaxation - With a deluxe spa and massage treatment as well as private villas with pools, it's perfect for a relaxing break in the sun.Honeymoons - Intimate Balinese-style villas with private pools and incredible views, perfect for romantic escape.Swimming Pool - All the villas have their own private pool, though the smaller ones are little plunge poolsSailing - Visit Los Gigantes cliffs, the perfect backdrop for a boat trip.Recommended by - Tablet
The Royal Gardens Villas combine luxury and intimacy, on the Costa Adeje. Each villa is uniquely decorated with ornate Balinese style furnishings, flowing drapes, and plush carpets. Indulge yourself at the atmospheric cocktail bar, Spanish restaurant or deluxe spa. An tranquil coastal gem. See More
Hotel Botanico Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife 252 rooms from £143Views - Fantastic views of the Atlantic Ocean and Mount TeideBeach Life5* Luxury - Very high service standards.City StyleRecommended by - CN Traveller
A FIve Star spa hotel in the city centre with lovely sea views, excellent restaurants, kids club, penthouse suites, and botanical gardens. Simple yet elegant rooms and suites have private balconies, some with hot tubs, all the mod cons, and far reaching views out to sea. A luxury beach holiday. See More
La Malvasia, Tenerife Santa Cruz de Tenerife 15 rooms from £161Country Escape - With its glorious sundeck, pool and garden, with the beach not far away, this is ideal for a sun-filled, easy holidayGreat walks - Go for leisurely evening strolls around the picturesque local villageSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape
Charming cottages surrounded by a lovely garden, terraces and an indulgent pool. Bright kitchens are well-equipped, the spacious lounges feature wood-burners, terracotta tiled floors and exposed beams. The generous rooms are traditionally styled and cosy. A family-friendly gem. See More
Grand Hotel Mencey Santa Cruz de Tenerife 261 rooms from £127Families - With family rooms, babysitting services, and a lagoon style pool, it's perfect for a family holiday.Local exploring - Perfect for exploring Santa Cruz de Tenerife and the surrounding coastline.Great walks - Make the most of the excellent walking in García Sanabria Park.Sights nearby - Catedral San Cristobal de La Laguna is four miles away.
A stylish, modern hotel set in the midst of Tenerife's capital. It's architectural style is an evocation of colonial times, yet inside the rooms are minimalist and comfortable. Relax by the expansive lagoon pool or hit the roulette tables in the hotel's casino. Luxury at a low price. See More
Atlantic Mirage Suites & Spa Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife 178 rooms from £132Total relaxation - A tranquil space boasting luxurious accommodation, a fabulous spa and enormous swimming pool.Great walks - Take a stroll through the beautiful French-influenced 18th-century gardens, Jardín Victoria.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Adult only
Following a recent refurbishment the Atlantic Mirage offers chic contemporary accommodation and superb wellness facilities. Light and airy rooms feature floor to ceiling windows, soft grey hues and indulgent bathrooms. An adult only property designed to completely unwind in. See More
Hotel Tigaiga Santa Cruz de Tenerife 84 rooms from £115Local exploring - Just a 15-minute walk to the resort, beaches and buses which take you to places of interest on the islandSights nearby - Check out the man-made marvels in Playa de las AmericasSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolLocal markets - Good for local colour.
A gorgeous hotel surrounded by a tropical garden with a lovely pool. Modern, sleek interiors have accents of bright greens or blues, while the smart rooms and apartments are fresh with large, bold wildlife photography adorning the walls and terraces. The fine dining restaurant is a real plus. See More
La laguna Gran Hotel La Laguna, Tenerife 123 rooms from £88Local exploring - Perfectly positioned in the heart of the UNESCO Heritage site of La Laguna.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic La Laguna cathedral.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
A chic property offering style and comfort in the heart of historic La Laguna. Interiors mix traditional Canarian architecture with boutique design to great effect. Housing the Michelin-star Nub restaurant and just steps from many of the city's main attractions makes this an attractive choice. See More