13 of the Best Luxury Hotels on Tenerife
Tenerife, the largest of the Canary Islands, may be well-known for its white beaches, water-sports and family-friendly activities. But it’s not all about non-stop fun and budget package-holidays. The island also attracts people who want places to stay that offer tranquillity and heavenly views, privacy and romance, excellent service and gourmet food, or plenty of on-site activities such as a spa or golf course. In some cases, they may want all of these things! We have scoured the island to pick out the best luxury hotels on Tenerife.
Hotel Botanico, for example, in Puerto de la Cruz, has penthouse suites and rooms with hot tubs; the adults-only Hacienda del Conde has both a spa and golf course as well as a choice of dining options; while romantics should take a look at the Moorish-style, beachfront Grand Hotel el Mirador.
But don't forget that if you want to book one of our recommended luxury hotels on Tenerife, you have to plan well ahead. These properties are popular year round, but especially during the peak summer months amd holiday periods.
13 of the Best Luxury Hotels on Tenerife
For adults-only luxury
- The adults-only Hacienda del Conde is tucked away near the sea and under mountains and well away from touristy Tenerife. Rooms are smartly contemporary, and there’s a choice of pools and restaurants, as well as a spa.
- With its infinity pool, beachfront position, butler service, you will want for very little at the adults-only Red Level Gran Melia Palacio de Isora. Rooms are chic and stylish in white-on-white, some with private pools.
Tenerife's Luxury Beach Hotels
- Right on the beach at Costa Adeje, Jardines des Nivaria offers 271 stylish rooms, a roof terrace, spa and a vast outdoor pool.
- Tumbling down a coastal cliff, well away from the crowds, the Ritz Carlton Abama is a sprawling, Moorish-styled resort-hotel with a choice of ten restaurants (one with a Michelin star), contemporary rooms, championship golf course, spa and gym, and a private beach.
- With a private beach, lush tropical gardens, Disney-style architecture, plus a choice of rooms, suites and individual villas, Bahia del Duque is a real fantasy getaway. Every whim can be met - and children will love the games room and water sports.
Off the beaten track luxury
- Tucked away on Tenerife’s lesser-visited north coast Jardin de la Paz is a great luxury retreat for those wanting independence, offering both apartments or self-catering villas. Cool and stylish with private terraces and a choice of pools.
Tenerife's Family Friendly Luxury
- The chic Baobab Suites, by the sea just outside Costa Adeje, offer cutting-edge cool, private pools and the option of self-catering. Plus complimentary kids' club and much more.
- Roca Nivaria is ideal for families. There's a great choice of family accommodation, plus kids' club, mini golf and activities galore. You're minutes from the beach and there's dining options for all from gourmet to buffet.
Luxury Beach Resorts on Tenerife
- The sprawling Villa Cortes in Playa de las Américas has all you could want for a luxury beach holiday with six restaurants - including a beach restaurant - a spa, richly furnished rooms, including family suites, and a vast pool with waterfalls.
- The Grand Hotel el Mirador is as opulent as it sounds with vast, cream-and-gold rooms - some with jacuzzis - several restaurants, a spa and close to a glorious beach.
- In a quiet setting on the Costa Adeje, Royal Gardens Villas & Spa offers hideaway-luxury, with romantic villas decorated in Balinese style and with private pools. An excellent restaurant and spa, too.
City Centre Luxury Hotels
- In Puerto de la Cruz, the luxury Hotel Botanico has contemporary-classic rooms, including penthouse suites and private hot-tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, a spa, choice of four restaurants, and a lovely garden.
- Grand Hotel Mencey is situated in the island's Capital, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, and offers luxury for less. It has all the facilities and services you'd expect from a five star property, but without the hefty price tag - you can book doubles from around €146 per night.
Still not found what you're looking for amongst the best luxury hotels on Tenerife?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Tenerife,
- check out our recommendations for luxury hotels in the Canary Islands,
- or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Hacienda del Conde Tenerife 117 rooms from £208Romantic Break - With intimate luxurious suites, an extensive range of restaurants and an adults only policy it's perfect for a romantic break.Total relaxation - Soak up the soothing seculuded atmosphere, excellent service and deluxe spa with a range of treatments.Sights nearby - Visit the picturesque seaside village of Garachico, five miles from the hotel.Sailing - Sail around the coastline to the stunning cliffs of Los Gigantes.
A fabulous five-star hotel off the Tenerife tourist trail. With plush rooms, three restaurants, two swimming pools and an extensive spa, it caters to all preferences. Golfers will cherish the superb Ballesteros designed course facing the sea. Adults only - perfect excuse to leave kids at home. See More
Red Level Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Alcalá, Tenerife 110 rooms from £364Romantic Break - An adults only relaxing haven, with hammam, nightclub, jacuzzi, spa, an extensive range of restaurants and 24 hour butlers!!Beach Life - One minute walk from the the manicured sands of Playa Jaquita, with plenty of watersports and stunning views of the bay.Surfing - The surrounding coastline is great for surfing, grab a board and catch some waves!Private Hot Tub - Some rooms come with large private terrace with outdoor whirlpool bathtub
Luxury abounds at this edge of the Atlantic hotel. It's home to a wealth of riches with chic rooms, eight bars, a superb spa and a handful of restaurants. Luxuriate by the lagoon-style infinity pool or on the beach in front of the hotel. Attentive 24hr private butlers gives it all a personal touch. See More
Jardines des Nivaria Tenerife 271 rooms from £172Total relaxation - From spa to an enormous outdoor pool this is a space designed for unwinding.Beach Life - Just a short walk from a stunning sandy beach.Romantic - Good for couples.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A five star luxury hotel with an unbeatable location on the seafront of the Costa Adeje. Smart rooms are contemporary in style with tiled floors, modern art and private balconies. Unwind by the stunning pool or in the spoiling spa. A collection of excellent bars and restaurants. Very chic. See More
Ritz Carlton Abama Guía de Isora, Tenerife 461 rooms from £352Foodies - The hotel offers ten restaurants with MB having two michelin stars, and the Japanese Kabuki has been awarded one michel star.Hideaway - A secluded clifftop property overlooking a banana plantation and the neighbouring island of La Gomera.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A spectacular, Moorish-inspired five-star resort overlooking the Atlantic. Plush Colonial-style rooms with private balconies and pampering en suites. The hotel covers all the bases with ten restaurants, a deluxe spa, a championship golf course and much more. An opulent escape. See More
Bahia Del Duque Costa Adeje, Tenerife 356 rooms from £436Families - Family heaven, with huge private villas, a playground, a pool and babysitting, as well as a range of bars and spa treatments.Beach Life - With direct private access to the whole of the Del Duque beach, on the most exclusive stretch of the Costa Adeje.Great walks - Take a walk through the extensive botanical gardens and down to the beach.Opulent
Jardin de la Paz Tenerife from £200Value chic - The chic villas and studios offer great value and independent travel, surrounded by lush gardens and lovely sea views.Total relaxation - On the north coast away from the hustle and bustle of Tenerife's resorts, perfect for relaxing in the sun.Surfing - There are some great surfing beaches on the surrounding coastline.Great walks - Take great walking routes with the hotel's own hiking guide.Recommended by - I Escape
Nestled into the lesser travelled North coast of Tenerife, Jardin de la Paz offers luxury ocean facing apartments and villas. The villas are beautifully decorated and fitted with fully equipped kitchens. Luxuriate by one of the lovely swimming pools or lounge in the exotic garden. See More
Baobab Suites Costa Adeje, Tenerife 125 rooms from £223Families - The freedom of an apartment, combined with the luxury of a hotel, with free kids club, children's menu and year round sun.Romantic Break - Pamper yourselves with deluxe seafacing suites, boasting decked balconies, private pools, jacuzzis and excellent food.Great walks - Take a day trip to El Teide, a magnificent natural park full of great walking trails.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - I Escape
A spectacular ultra-modern hotel on the outskirts of Costa Adeje. The suites boast cutting-edge contemporary design features, minimalist furnishings and chic white colour schemes. Relax by the pristine swimming pools or enjoy cosmopolitan Canarian cuisine. A suave seaside escape. See More
Roca Nivaria Santa Cruz de Tenerife 298 rooms from £119Total relaxation - A beach front property complete with an excellent spa. The perfect place to get away from it all.Families - Great choice of family suites plus kid's club, mini golf, playground and much more for all ages.Kids Club - Catering for ages 0-12 you'll find a mini club and separate babies club.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A luxury hotel boasting stunning sea views. True to its five star accolade find every conceivable wish provided on site from exquisite cuisine to putting green. Grown up rooms are minimalistic yet cosy and feature large private balconies. Just a two minute walk from the beach. Fabulous. See More
Villa Cortes Playa de la Américas, Tenerife 151 rooms from £248Beach Life - Just a five minutes walk from the beach, with a funky beach bar, a beach club restaurant and sun terraces with Balinese beds.Honeymoons - A vibrant and opulent escape, filled with Arabic tiles, romantic courtyards, fragrant gardens and plush suites.Great walks - Make the most of the picturesque walking routes along the surrounding coastline.Romantic - Good for couples.
Villa Cortes is a vision of luxury in Playas de las Americas, equipped with all the bells and whistles of a five-star resort. All your culinary needs are met by six restaurants and a further four bars add a bit of kick to the atmosphere. A place to relax, whether it's on the beach or in the spa. See More
Grand Hotel El Mirador Costa Adeje, Tenerife 120 rooms from £335Romantic Break - With luxurious Arabian nights style suites overlooking the sea, and an excellent restaurant, it's ideal for a romantic getaway.Total relaxation - A sublime spa, combined with unbeatable service and indulgent interiors make for a pampering beach holiday.Surfing - Try your hand at catching some waves on the beach infront of the hotel.Fishing - The hotel will happily organise sea fishing trips.
Opulence and luxury reign supreme at the Grand Hotel El Mirador, resembling something off the set from Alibaba. With palatial rooms, an extensive spa, three restaurants, a heavenly beach nearby, it's hard to argue with the quality of service on offer. Five-star excellence. See More
Royal Gardens Villas & Spa Adeje, Tenerife from £466Total relaxation - With a deluxe spa and massage treatment as well as private villas with pools, it's perfect for a relaxing break in the sun.Honeymoons - Intimate Balinese-style villas with private pools and incredible views, perfect for romantic escape.Swimming Pool - All the villas have their own private pool, though the smaller ones are little plunge poolsSailing - Visit Los Gigantes cliffs, the perfect backdrop for a boat trip.Recommended by - Tablet
The Royal Gardens Villas combine luxury and intimacy, on the Costa Adeje. Each villa is uniquely decorated with ornate Balinese style furnishings, flowing drapes, and plush carpets. Indulge yourself at the atmospheric cocktail bar, Spanish restaurant or deluxe spa. An tranquil coastal gem. See More
Hotel Botanico Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife 252 rooms from £143Views - Fantastic views of the Atlantic Ocean and Mount TeideFamilies5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Beach LifeRecommended by - CN Traveller
A FIve Star spa hotel in the city centre with lovely sea views, excellent restaurants, kids club, penthouse suites, and botanical gardens. Simple yet elegant rooms and suites have private balconies, some with hot tubs, all the mod cons, and far reaching views out to sea. A luxury beach holiday. See More
Grand Hotel Mencey Santa Cruz de Tenerife 261 rooms from £127Families - With family rooms, babysitting services, and a lagoon style pool, it's perfect for a family holiday.Local exploring - Perfect for exploring Santa Cruz de Tenerife and the surrounding coastline.Great walks - Make the most of the excellent walking in García Sanabria Park.Sights nearby - Catedral San Cristobal de La Laguna is four miles away.
A stylish, modern hotel set in the midst of Tenerife's capital. It's architectural style is an evocation of colonial times, yet inside the rooms are minimalist and comfortable. Relax by the expansive lagoon pool or hit the roulette tables in the hotel's casino. Luxury at a low price. See More