6 of the Best Hotels near the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam
You'll need to spend at least half a day at The Rijksmuseum to take in just the high points of one of the the world's great treasuries of art. You'll find some of the best hotels near the Rijksmuseum in the Museumkwartier, within a few steps of its doors, and only a few blocks away in Vondelbuurt and in Duivelseilend.
Book a guided tour to avoid waiting in line, or be there before 9am to be at the head of the queue when the museum opens, then make a beeline for Rembrandt's The Night Watch, the best known work in the Rijksmuseum's huge collection. After that, admire the works of other old masters like Vermeer and Frans Hals in the Gallery of Honour. Then, if time allows, you can explore the museum's 80 galleries with their collections of art spanning more than 400 years.
Best hotels near the Rijksmuseum
FOR GOOD VALUE
- Piet Hein Hotel offers a no-nonsense place to stay a few hundred yards from Museumplein.
- Park Hotel is an excellent choice for keen foodies. Its MOMO restaurant is award winning and serves delicious Far East meets West cuisine in a contemporary setting. Perfect after a day being bowled over by culture!
FOR LUXURY FRILLS
- Conservatorium offers top-notch facilities including a pool, gym, spa, brasserie and Japanese restaurant and bar, all wrapped up in one of the most luxurious packages near the Rijksmuseum.
For charm and character
- For a small hotel with bags of charm and character and easy access to the Rijksmusuem, we'd recommend the Hotel Roemer. It's a smart Art-Deco property with individually designed rooms, and wonderful hidden garden.
FOR CHIC DESIGN
- Hotel JL No76 is a haven of 21st-century style.
- Hotel Vondel oozes minimalist modernism and has a charming garden courtyard.
Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam 129 rooms from £217SpaConference facilitiesBusiness meetingsGroupsRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Piet Hein Hotel Amsterdam (Vossiusstraat) 81 rooms from £114Great walks - Overlooking Vondelpark, the ideal spot for a picnic.
Park Hotel Amsterdam Amsterdam 189 rooms from £147Meeting Room - The meeting an conference rooms boast 700sqm of space - all rooms decorated to energise and inspire any occasion.Restaurant - Award-winning MOMO restaurant offers Pan-Asian cuisine.City Style - Great position for museums & designer shopping.Lively - Great vibe in MOMO's cocktail bar.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Michelin Travel
Hotel Roemer Amsterdam Amsterdam 37 rooms from £154Sights nearby - Very close to art galleries and Van Gogh Museum.Great walks - Vondelpark is just round the corner.BoutiqueRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Michelin Travel
Hotel JL No76 Amsterdam 39 rooms from £162City StyleFamiliesSights nearby - Near all the museums.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Hotel Vondel Amsterdam 86 rooms from £80Lively - At the heart of Amsterdam's lively centre.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel
A sleek and modern hotel with a lively atmosphere near Amsterdam's nightlife, shopping, and museums. Decor is chic: courtesy of designer owner Arjen van den Hoff. Untreated wooden furniture and white-washed walls create a minimal feel with cosy textiles. The courtyard garden is fabulous. See More