The 20 best B&Bs in Devon
With such diverse accommodation options on offer in Devon, a B&B is often the way to go when you are in search of something a little less fussy and a little more intimate. However, you can be assured that you won't have to compromise on style with our collection of luxurious boutique B&B's in Devon. Our list of the best B&Bs in Devon has something for everyone: whether you want to base yourself in a remote spot in the heart of Dartmoor National Park and spend days trekking across the moors before returning to a roaring fire or whether it is a family-friendly stay you are in search of, where everyone can truly unwind. Why not browse through our hand-picked collection of B&Bs in Devon to start planning your trip?
For a B&B in Dartmoor National Park
- Weeke Barton is a Grade II listed property located right on the rolling hills of Dartmoor. Cosy interiors include open fireplaces, charming uneven walls, and exposed beams. An honesty bar complete with local produce is a nice touch. A great base for enthusiastic walkers.
- Lobhill Farmhouse isn't strictly in the national park but it is just three miles outside it. A homely farmhouse with just four cosy rooms. The hosts are charming and there's the opportunity to self-cater. An ideal base for families.
- Mitchelcroft is a characterful property boasting an enviable location in the heart of Dartmoor. Interiors are traditionally inspired and large floor to ceiling windows provide fabulous views across the surrounding countryside. A wonderful rural hideaway.
For a B&B within Exmoor National Park
- Highcliffe House is a gorgeous adults only luxury B&B on North Devon's Exmoor coast. Choose from six individually designed rooms — all are spacious and done in a classic romantic style, the best have epic sea views. Downstairs there's a well-stocked bar, plus sitting and drawing rooms. Guests are welcomed with an indulgent cream tea and delicious breakfasts champion the best local produce.
- Beachborough Country House is situated right on the western edge of Exmoor. This elegant B&B features fireplaces and hardwood floors and is filled with antiques. There is a tennis court in the gardens and miles of fabulous walking country on the doorstep.
For a boutique stay
- Hooppells Tor is an elegant B&B on Devon's south coast. The two beautifully styled rooms are the epitome of sophistication. Aga cooked breakfasts are a highlight, plus there are free-standing baths, an indoor pool, and a good wine selection. Perfect for a romantic rural escape.
- Old Park Hall blends the old with the new. Housed in a stunning Georgian building, the property offers luxurious rooms, a superb restaurant and lovely rolling grounds.
For a B&B with a pool
- Kaywana Hall is a chic Californian style B&B complete with an outdoor swimming pool. The unusual design, which includes large expanses of glass, creates bright contemporary interiors. There are also a number of terraces to sit with a good book. A trendy rural getaway.
- Bulleigh Barton Manor is a beautiful country house set in acres of mature gardens. Interiors are elegant and traditional complete with roaring fires and antiques. The hosts are wonderfully friendly and the large pool makes this the perfect choice for those travelling with children.
For access to the South West Coast Path
- Hartland Mill B&B is a charming property set on the Hartland Heritage Coast. Interiors perfectly mix contemporary design alongside the building's original features. Located just 5 minutes from the South West Coast Path, this is an ideal choice for keen ramblers!
For access to the Jurassic Coast
- Green Dragon House is a beautiful property in the town of Axminster. Featuring comfortable rooms and offering excellent breakfasts, it's a great base for people who want to explore the Jurassic Coast.
For the warm welcome!
- Kilbury Manor is hosted by Julia Blundell who was a finalist in the AA’s Friendliest Landlady of the Year awards. She also whips up a mean breakfast! Beyond this, the interiors are cosy and homely and Dartmoor National Park is just a short distance away.
For a romantic escape
- No 2 Broadgate really is a little gem, just a short way from Barnstaple's town centre. Boasting delightful rooms that exude a simple elegance, some with large free-standing bath tubs. Peaceful and intimate, it's perfect for a romantic weekend away.
- The Cider House is a real charmer set amidst lovely gardens and featuring just four chic luxurious rooms and delicious breakfasts with many of the ingredients grown on site. A secluded and picturesque spot perfect for a romantic weekend getaway.
- Burnville Farm boasts a spectacular setting amidst rolling hills near Dartmoor National Park. Offering lovely rooms, an outdoor pool, and self-catering cottages which are ideal for families.
- Fingals is a laid back sort of B&B which prides itself on making guests feel at home, making this an ideal choice for those travelling with children. Better yet the interiors have a boutique feel and there's plenty of outdoor pursuits in the surrounding area.
For a secluded spot
- Beera Farmhouse is the place to come for complete peace and quiet. Set within 180 acres of farmland on the border between Devon and Cornwall the property boasts breath-taking views across the Tamar Valley, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Lee Byre is a family-run B&B set in a secluded spot in the stunning Devon countryside (near Dartmoor). Offering just three charming rooms which are traditional in style. A tranquil location with warm hosts. The perfect rural escape.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Devon.
- Or you could refine your search to our Guru's recommendations for the Devon's most romantic hotels, or the best pubs with rooms in Devon, or the best hotels in Devon by the sea.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Highcliffe House Devon 6 rooms from £150Romantic Break - With rooms that boast enormous beds and an adults-only policy — this is a great choice for romanceGreat walks - With Exmoor nearby as well as stunning coastal paths, there is ample opportunity for hikingSights nearby - Visit nearby Dunster Castle, the National Trust's Arlington Court, or RHS RosemoorViews - Fabulous coastal views
An elegant six-room B&B boasting a stunning location on Exmoor's coast. Spacious rooms (the best with sea views) are individually styled with enormous 'statement' beds, large windows, and patterned wallpaper. Downstairs an atmospheric lounge has a well-stocked bar. Intimate, adult-only and romantic. See More
Weeke Barton Bridford, Devon 5 rooms from £120Great walks - Dartmoor ramblingSecluded setting - For escaping.Full of characterLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Sawdays
Kaywana Hall Dartmouth, Devon 4 rooms from £170Great walks - Down to the river Dart or through the valleyCooking classes - Next door at Manna from DevonRestrictions on children - Adults onlySwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Hartland Mill B&B Bideford, Devon 3 rooms from £81Great walks - Five minutes walk from the stunning South West Coast Path.Birdwatching - Go birdwatching on the stunningly beautiful Lundy Island.Sights nearby - Take a trip to the magnificent nearby Hartland Abbey.
Lobhill Farmhouse Okehampton, Devon 4 rooms from £85Country Escape - A charming farmbouse located just 3 miles from Dartmoor National Park.Great walks - Find endless scenic walking trails running through Dartmoor and also routes straight from the property.Secluded setting - For escaping.Remote - Off the beaten track.
Mitchelcroft Buckfastleigh 3 rooms from £85Country Escape - Boasting a secluded spot within Dartmoor National Park.Great walks - Take long walks along the endless and picturesque walking trails running through Dartmoor.Kayaking - Dicover the beauty of the South Devon coast in a kayak.Full of character
A characterful B&B boasting an enviable location in the heart of Dartmoor. Three individually styled rooms are light and comfortable and offer private outdoor seating areas to enjoy the views. Indulgent breakfasts are served in a contemporary breakfast room with floor to ceiling windows. See More
Kilbury Manor Buckfastleigh 5 rooms from £85Country Escape - Proper country living - experience life in a true English rural idyllLocal markets - Good for local colour.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
A 17th century listed cottage situated to the south of Dartmoor National Park. Friendly, comfortable B&B with a beautiful garden. Large rooms with stylish decor - a mix of traditional and contemporary. Two are situated in the converted barn. The perfect place to relax and unwind. See More
No 2 Broadgate Barnstaple, Devon 3 rooms from £90Great walks - Go for walks along the nearby Devonshire coastline.Sights nearby - Take a trip to the nearby Watermouth Castle.Local markets - Browse the wares in the Pannier Market.Restrictions on children
Bulleigh Barton Manor Newton Abbot, Devon 3 rooms from £95Local exploring - Perfect for exploring the countryside surrounding Torquay.Birdwatching - The surrounding scenery offers a varied landscape that is home to a vast array of birdlife.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to nearby Totnes, hailed as one of Britain's funkiest towns.Great walks - Go for beautiful walks along the South West coastal path.
Burnville Farm Devon 4 rooms from £95Sights nearby - Take a day trip to Tavistock, voted the UK's best market town.Great walks - Dartmoor National Park is full of superb walking routes.Swimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor poolRecommended by - Sawdays
Set on a beautiful Devonshire farm amidst rolling green fields, Burnville Farm is an excellent B&B. Boasting lovely rooms, an outdoor pool and stunning views, it's a great base for exploring Dartmoor. Also offer self-catering cottages that are great for families and groups. See More
Beera Farmhouse Tavistock, Devon 3 rooms from £96Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of lovely walking routes.Sights nearby - Visit the magnificent nearby Bicton Gardens.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotel
Lee Byre Okehampton, Devon 3 rooms from £100Active Holiday - With Dartmoor National Park on the doorstep there's a host of outdoor pursuits to enjoy.Great walks - Discover the North Devon and Cornish coast on long walks.Outstanding locationFull of character
A family run B&B boasting a secluded spot in the stunning Devon countryside. Three charming rooms are traditional in style with exposed stone and beams, sink-into beds and fabulous views. Hearty breakfasts are served and the hosts are more than happy to share their knowledge of the region. See More
The Cider House Tavistock (Buckland Abbey) 4 rooms from £160Great walks - Wander through the Cider House's lovely gardens and the surrounding estate.Sights nearby - Guests have access to the magnificent nearby Buckland Abbey.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays