7 of Norfolk’s Most Romantic Hotels, UK
Norfolk's horizon is almost magically flat and endless, as the land, laced with inland waterways, becomes the marshes and the dunes and then the sea. This wonderfully moist landscape is dotted with ancient chutes, castle and charming seaside towns. Beautiful, scenic and serene, Norfolk is an unfailingly romantic destination, and paired with 7 of Norfolk’s most romantic hotels, you have a match made in heaven.
In order to refine their list of 7 of Norfolk’s most romantic hotels, our Gurus have had to dine on Cromer crab in picturesque seaside surrounds, they’ve had to test several hot tubs - one in a glorious garden, rate panoramic coastal views, try the best local produce and even stay overnight in a windmill. Sounds idyllic, doesn’t it. And apparently sleeping perfectly the whole time, lulled to sleep almost every night by the sound of water.
Norfolk’s Best Special Occasion Hotel
- Cley Windmill, in pretty Cley-next-the-Sea, is a wonderful windmill B&B conversion with nine quaint rooms and panoramic views over the salt marshes. This is a birdwatchers idyll, but it’s also a great spot for saltwater fly fishing and for local market shopping. Memorable.
Norfolk’s Most Romantic Country House Hotels
- Strattons Hotel, in the charming market town of Swaffham, is an eclectic, family-run bolthole with just ten beautiful rooms and elegantly decorated suites. The famous restaurant has won awards for its homey, English cooking using fresh, local ingredients and they do s lovely afternoon tea. Apparently there’s also a great antiques market in Swaffham every Saturday.
Norfolk’s Most Romantic Escapes
- Magazine Wood is an intimate B&B situated in a lovely secluded location with glorious views over the village of Sedgefield towards the Norfolk Coast and The Wash. There are just three suites each with their own entrance and the emphasis here is on privacy and relaxation.
- Overlooking the marshes and coastline of the North Norfolk Coast, Titchwell Manor is a boutique-style hotel with stunning views. It has 27 individually designed rooms with pleasing traditional touches, like flagstone floors and chintz wallpapers, plus a popular restaurant offering modern European cuisine in a beautiful conservatory.
The Most Romantic Hotels with Hot Tubs in Norfolk
- The Hoste looks like a traditional coaching inn or pub with rooms, but inside it’s been totally modernised and, rather unexpectedly from the outside, it has a great wellness spa offering a wide range of treatments. There’s a six person hot tub outside in the beautiful private garden. You’re only two miles from the coast and a selection of lovely, sandy beaches.
- The Blakeney Hotel is a traditional hotel overlooking the small harbour at Blakeney. The hotel has recently been refurbished, so now, as well as 60 country-style rooms with sash windows and exposed beams, there’s also a new leisure complex with a large indoor pool, steam rooms and a six person hot tub.
If you like the idea of these properties have a look at our Guru’s complete collection of hotels with hot tubs in Norfolk.
Still not sure which to book?
- Consult our Ultimate Guide to the Most Romantic Hotels in the UK?
- Or you could browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Norfolk? or our recommendations for the best hotels on the North Norfolk Coast?
- Or just the best places to stay in King's Lynn? or the best places to stay in Norwich?
- Or you could consider our Guru’s collection of Hotels with Hot Tubs in Norfolk?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
7 of Norfolk’s Most Romantic Hotels, UK
Magazine Wood Hunstanton, Norfolk 3 rooms from £105Great walks - Wonderful walks both coastal and inland for all abilities. Magazine Wood has direct access to the Peddars Way.Sights nearby - There are plenty of galleries and stately homes to visit for culture vulturesLocal markets - There are a wide range of farmers' markets to be discovered.Birdwatching - The North Norfolk coast is renowned for its bird life
Intimate, friendly B&B set within walking distance of the dramatic Norfolk coast. The B&B emphasises privacy and relaxation, with well-equipped en-suite bathrooms and the provisions for making your own breakfast as standard. Hot food also made to order, and it is surrounded by renowned restaurants. See More
Cley Windmill Cley-next-the-Sea, Norfolk 9 rooms from £159Birdwatching - For keen ornithologist NWT Cley Marshes Nature Reserve is a wonderful area for spotting all manner of birds.Views - Panoramic views over the salt marshesLocal markets - Just South of the mill are small shops, selling pottery, smoked fish and secondhand books.Fishing - Saltwater Fly Fishing is available nearby, ask the friendly staff for further details.Recommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Strattons Hotel Swaffham, Norfolk 10 rooms from £140Value chic - An eclectic mix of kitsch and contemporary and antiques and fabric-festooned decadence, all for a reasonalble price tag.Romantic Break - Charming rooms with fourposter beds, free tanding baths, open fires and indulgent room service.Restaurant - Award winning English cooking using fresh, local and organic produce.Local markets - A real highlight is the bargain hunting anituques market in Swaffham every Saturdays.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Titchwell Manor Kings Lynn, Norfolk 27 rooms from £145Private Hot Tub - There are two rooms whose private patios offer a luxurious wooden outdoor hot tub.Views - Overlooking the North Norfolk coastline and marshes.Great walks - Lovely walks on the Norfolk coastal path.Birdwatching - Midweek birdwatching packages availableRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Boutique Norfolk coastal hotel with stunning views. Individually designed rooms offer traditional touches; flagstone floors, chintz wallpaper and sash wallpaper - all with contemporary bathrooms. Stunning modern European cuisine served in a lovely conservatory. Wonderful rural abode. See More
The Hoste Burnham Market, Norfolk 62 rooms from £110Beach nearby - Only 2 miles from award winning sandy beachesRestaurant - 2 AA RosettesSpa - Beauty spa in the Courtyard wing offering Clarins or Gatineau treatments plus a six person hot tub and relaxation area.Great walks - Explore the North Norfolk coastline.Recommended by - Sawdays, Mr & Mrs Smith
The Blakeney Hotel Blakeney, Norfolk 64 rooms from £228Back to Nature - Set by the spectacular estuary and salt marshes of Blakeney Point, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.Families - Plenty for the children including indoor pool, games room, board games, extensive walking and kiddies menu.Birdwatching - There are telescopes in the lounge to help you spot the numerous breeds of bird across the estuary and marshland.Sights nearby - There are a number of nearby halls including Blickling, Felbrigg, Holkham, Houghton and Sandringham.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Recently refurbished yet traditional hotel overlooking Blakeney's small harbour. Spacious country-style rooms with wooden beams, large sash windows & many with sea views. Classic food is served in the restaurant. Plenty of in-house entertainment including an indoor pool. Ideal for families. See More