- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Hotels on the North Norfolk Coast
The North Norfolk Coast is where you’ll find some of England’s best sandy beaches. Sandwiched between salt marshes and dunes, loved by ornithologists, and pretty seaside towns. To the western end are the gastropubs and quiet villages, and, if your idea of the best hotels on the North Norfolk Coast involves boutique charm, then this patch is for you.
To the east are the busier, cheerful seaside resort towns, popular with families and where you’ll find some of the best hotels on the North Norfolk Coast if you’re looking for an old fashioned seaside holiday.
The Coast Road, between the lively resort of Hunstanton and Cromer, perched on the cliff, offers a scenic route along the whole stretch, and makes a great path if you want to explore the region, from the Holkham National Nature Reserve to the Cley Marches with all the possibilities of a rare bird sighting, to the postcard perfect Wells Beach and the sandbars of Titchwell Marsh. The Coast Road is also a great route to cycle - especially if you like things flat!
In addition there's a Norfolk Coast Path, which also runs between Hunstanton and Cromer. And if you do happen to be in Cromer then you’re not far from the beauty and peace of the Norfolk Broads. It’s also got a fantastic beach and one of the oldest piers in the country. And even if you’re not a foodie you’ll have heard of Cromer’s crabs.
The interior of the North Norfolk Coast has numerous pretty market towns, and the very charming North Norfolk Railway, centred around the genteel Georgian town of Holt.
The Best Hotels on the North Norfolk Coast
- Morston Hall has it all. It’s a renowned gastro-pub with a Michelin star and 3 AA Rosettes, plus 13 rooms and beautiful views. You’re in a small village, but still close to the coastal path and numerous local stately homes. this is also a great spot for sailing and seal watching.
- The Victoria Inn is a comfortable, modern country inn with a peaceful, traditional ambience on North Norfolk’s coast road, just outside Wells-next-the-Sea. The inn has access to the Holkham estate which spreads out behind it, and a beautiful, long sandy beach about half a mile in front of it. Great for birdwatchers and those looking for a proper sandy beach in the UK.
- Titchwell Manor is a boutique-style hotel with 27, individually designed rooms offering stunning views and traditional touches: think flagstone floors and chintz wallpaper. This is a wonderful rural setting with a conservatory restaurant serving modern European cuisine.
- The White Horse is a lively, 15 room inn with panoramic views over the Brancaster estuary. You’ve direct access to the coastal path and the coast. And there’s a nautical theme, which may or may not be one of the reasons it’s popular with sailors.
The Most Romantic Hotels on the North Norfolk Coast
- Cley Windmill is a wonderful B&B in a converted windmill, with nine quaint rooms and beautiful views. You’re on the outskirts of the pretty village of Cley, on the edge of the salt marshes, which is also known for being a great birdwatching spot.
The Best Value Hotels on the North Norfolk Coast
- The Blakeney Hotel is a recently refurbished, 60 room hotel overlooking Blakeney’s small harbour. The rooms have a country character with exposed wood beams, large sash windows and chintz curtains, and there’s a restaurant on site and plenty of in-house entertainment, including an indoor pool. Rooms start from around £95 per night, and this is a great spot for families.
- The Hoste is a comfortable, modern hotel with 62 rooms, converted from an old inn. You’re just two miles from some spectacular sandy beaches and the coastal path, and the pub’s food is decent, with 2 AA Rosettes.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels on the North Norfolk Coast might be perfect for you? Contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice, or widen the net to include the rest of Norfolk, or Suffolk and Essex.
Cley Windmill 9 rooms from £159Cley-next-the-Sea, Norfolk
Characterful windmill B&B overlooking marshes of Cley, a pretty village near shingle coast where locals swim. Quaint rooms with comfortable beds and wonderful views. Good birdwatching nearby.Birdwatching - For keen ornithologist NWT Cley Marshes Nature Reserve is a wonderful area for spotting all manner of birds.Views - Panoramic views over the salt marshesLocal markets - Just South of the mill are small shops, selling pottery, smoked fish and secondhand books.Fishing - Saltwater Fly Fishing is available nearby, ask the friendly staff for further details.Recommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Titchwell Manor 27 rooms from £145Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Boutique Norfolk coastal hotel with stunning views. Individually designed rooms offer traditional touches; flagstone floors, chintz wallpaper and sash wallpaper - all with contemporary bathrooms. Stunning modern European cuisine served in a lovely conservatory. Wonderful rural abode.Views - Overlooking the North Norfolk coastline and marshes.Great walks - Lovely walks on the Norfolk coastal path.Birdwatching - Midweek birdwatching packages availableSights nearby - Visit Houghton Halls and Gardens.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The White Horse 15 rooms from £130Brancaster Staithe, Norfolk
A lively inn with panoramic views overlooking Brancaster estuary. Popular with families and sailors. An ideal weekend getaway spot with direct access to the coastal path. Chic, modern suites are decorated in nautical palettes. The theme continues to the menu where fresh seafood dishes are served.Exclusive offerFoodies - Famed for its menu, specialising in seafoodCountry Escape - Classic British coastal stayFishing - 'Norfolk Fishing Trips & Exploring the tidal creeks and Scolt Head IslandGreat walks - Norfolk Coastal path runs along the bottom of the gardenRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Hoste 62 rooms from £110Burnham Market, Norfolk
Comfortable, modernised hotel in the centre of this trendy North Norfolk village, just in-land from the coast. Decent food. Excellent beach walks nearby.Beach nearby - Only 2 miles from award winning sandy beachesRestaurant - 2 AA RosettesSpa - Clarins or Gatineau treatments availableGreat walks - Explore the North Norfolk coastline.Recommended by - Sawdays, Mr & Mrs Smith
Victoria Inn 20 rooms from £165Holkham, Norfolk
A comfortable, modernised country inn with a traditional ambience on North Norfolk's coast road. With access to Holkham estate behind and an expansive sandy beach (one of England's best) just half a mile away. Ideal for beach walks, birdwatching and playing. Good restaurant.Country Escape - A traditional English country house surrounded by rugged sceneryBeach nearby - Large sandy beach with dunes within walking distanceSights nearby - The Annual Holkham Country FairKayaking - The Lake at Holkham
Morston Hall 13 rooms from £320Morston, Norfolk
Renowned gastro-hotel. A traditionally-furnished small country house hotel in this small coastal village. Great food, but set menu. Morston renowned for seal trips. Sailing.Restaurant - Restaurant holds a Michelin star and 3 AA Rosettes.Cooking classes - Half day cookery demonstrations and three day residential courses available.Sights nearby - Close to plenty of East Anglia's stately homes.Great walks - Walk the coastal path
The Blakeney Hotel 60 rooms from £95Blakeney, Norfolk
Recently refurbished yet traditional hotel with 60 rooms overlooking Blakeney's small harbour. Country-style rooms with wooden beams, large sash windows and chintz curtains. Classic food is served in the restaurant. Plenty of in-house entertainment including an indoor pool. Ideal for families.Back to Nature - Set by the spectacular estuary and salt marshes of Blakeney Point, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.Families - Plenty for the children including indoor pool, games room, board games, extensive walking and kiddies menu.Birdwatching - There are telescopes in the lounge to help you spot the numerous breeds of bird across the estuary and marshland.Sights nearby - There are a number of nearby halls including Blickling, Felbrigg, Holkham, Houghton and Sandringham.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays