The Best Spa Hotels in North Devon
From its wild Atlantic coast to its beautiful rural hinterland, there are many reasons for visiting North Devon. But these days many of us are looking for a place we can come to simply relax and rest. And if that happens to include fantastic spa facilities with treatments aplenty, so much the better! We've trawled our recommendations in the region and selected the 3 best spa hotels in North Devon - all of which boast excellent aromatherapy, saunas, steam-rooms and massage therapy.
Spa hotels with stunning sea views
- Saunton Sands Hotel sits on a grassy knoll overlooking the bright blue waters of the Atlantic Sea, striking an unforgettable presence due to its pure white exterior, more resembling a seaside resort on the shores of the Adriatic than a wellness hotel in Devon. The building itself was designed to promote relaxation - the cosy sea-facing rooms come with soft carpeted floors, creamy white walls with pastel-green curtains and elegantly minimalist furnishings. There's an emphasis on the sort of clean, simple and streamlined living that rejuvenates the soul. The spa is extensive: yoga, massages and aromatherapy are the order of the day, and there are heated indoor and outdoor pools, as well as the opportunity to go surfing. A great place to lose yourself.
- Perched between jagged clifftops and a long stretch of sandy beach, Watersmeet Hotel has all the comforts of a spa hotel but with the elegant charm of a traditional British seaside holiday hotel. Sprawling across a lush green hill facing the sea, it features comfortable and contemporary rooms in soft pastel hues. The restaurant promotes the sort of simple, back-to-basics living that brushes away anxieties better than any prescribed medication - good, honest food sourced from local produce - and after unwinding in either the heated indoor or outdoor pool, you can watch the surfers ride the Atlantic rollers from the comfort of the sun-terrace as you enjoy a spot of afternoon tea. A typically British seaside delight ideal for all the family!
Rural spa hotels
- Northcote Manor is a glorious spa hotel in the beautiful green heart of North Devon. Set in a wisteria-clad 18th century house, it is a refuge of tranqulity and a breath of fresh revitalising air. The spa itself is top-of-the-range, offering a sauna, hot tub, steam-room, gym and treatment rooms. But Northcote's ability to relax and reinvigorate your world-weary bones doesn't stop there: there's an apple orchard, Japanese water garden and a "secret" walled garden waiting to be explored. The rooms themselves foster a sense of wellbeing, with an emphasis on minimal furnishings, free-standing baths, marble fireplaces, soft carpeted floors, old oil paintings and authentic antique bedframes.
Still not sure?
- Check out collection of The 20 Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South West UK
- or 25 of the Most Romantic West Country Hotels, UK
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Saunton Sands Hotel Nr Braunton, Devon 95 rooms from £206Swimming Pool - Heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools.Sights nearby - Enjoy a day out at Victorian Watermouth Castle; providing a theme park for the kids.Kids Club - A supervised playroom and two hours free childcare per day for under-eights.Spa - A comprehensive facility offering all you could want to relax and unwind.
Quintessential family seaside hotel with a spectacular setting on the North Devon coast. Stylish contemporary accommodation in neutral muted hues, with flexible options from doubles to family apartments. Top class on-site facilities for sports, relaxation & family fun plus 2AA Rosette fine dining. See More
Watersmeet Hotel Woolacombe, Devon 25 rooms from £134Spa - In room treatments available plus steam room and jacuzziViews - Amazing sea views from all but two of the bedroomsOn the beach - Direct access to a sandy beach below the hotelGreat walks - South West coastal path on the doorstepRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Classic seaside hotel with fabulous views over the North Devon coast. Tastefully refurbished rooms reflect the beach side location and the restaurant offers delicious food sourced from local ingredients. An romantic hotel for a seaside break and ideal for a family holiday too. See More
Northcote Manor Burrington, Devon 16 rooms from £170Views - Fine views over the Taw ValleyGarden - 20 acres of lawn and woodlandSpa - Luxury spa facilities including hot tub, sauna, steam room, gym and treatment rooms.Fishing - Game fishing on the River TawRecommended by - Sawdays