- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South West
If you’re planning a UK mini-break there are plenty of great accommodation options out there these days, so for many of us it comes down to the extra facilities - like a great spa or hot tub. Just what you want if you’re looking to relax, or maybe plan a romantic surprise. Our Guru’s collection of hotels with hot tubs in the South West contains all our favourite hot tub hotels, grouped into hotels with a private hot tub, great hotels with hot tubs in the South West, great spa hotels, great, but affordable, spa hotels and great spa hotels for families.
Recommended Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South West
- Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in Cornwall
- Hotels with Hot Tubs in Devon
- Hotels with Hot Tubs in Dorset
- Hotels with Hot Tubs in Gloucestershire
- Hotels with Hot Tubs in Wiltshire
- Hotels with Hot Tubs in Somerset
Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South West
Hotels with Private Hot Tubs in the South West
- Overlooking Cornwall's Mawgan North beach, The Scarlet is a eco-deign hotel with amazing sea views and a stylish cocktail lounge and restaurant. You can reserve a time slot in the log fired clifftop hot tub surrounded by stunning views.
- If you’re looking for somewhere romantic try the Manor House Hotel in Moreton in March in the Cotswolds, a picturesque, 16th century charmer, with four-poster beds and award-winning fine dining. If you want your own private hot tub book the Apple Cottage Suite, which also has its own private garden.
- If romance is on your mind and privacy is what you want, consider Summer Lodge's Ivy Cottage. However if you can't stretch to that (prices start at £655 per night B&B), this Hardy-esque country house hotel surrounded by lovely gardens and spectacular countryside, also has a spa where you'll find a hot tub for all to use.
- Orestone Manor Hotel in Torquay is a Georgian manor house overlooking Lyme Bay, turned 11 room vintage chic hotel with bold wallpapers, antique furnishings and a lovely private garden. The food is also very good, and if you book the Garden Suite you’ll have your own private terrace with an outdoor hot tub.
- If you like the sound of having your own private hot tub, book into a Garden Suite at Lower Slaughter Manor, a relaxed, unstuffy manor house with elegantly decorated rooms and public spaces. Each of the 19 rooms and suites has been individually decorated and there are lovely lawns, ripe for croquet and tennis, and a gourmet restaurant.
- The Soar Mill Cove Hotel also has rooms with private outdoor hot tubs, if you book one of their Ocean View self catering units, plus generous rooms and suites. The food is delicious, with an emphasis on local produce, there are stunning sea views from private patios and the Devon Coast Path is right on the doorstep.
- Babington House is a stunning country house near Frome with beautiful grounds and a luxurious bar, restaurant, spa and cinema. It’s a country cousin to London’s Soho House, so expect the same stylish decor and exceptional staff. The Wood Cabin has a private hot tub.
The Best Spa Hotels in the South West
- Ellenborough Park is a rambling 16th Century manor, beautifully restored, and set in 90 acres of picturesque, National Trust managed, Cotswolds countryside. There are 62 rooms and suites with opulent details like four-poster beds and quality antiques. Plus there’s gourmet dining and an exotic spa and heated outdoor pool.
- If you’re looking for a luxurious grown-up spa escape in the Cotswolds, Whately Manor will not disappoint. The spa is award-winning, the restaurant has a Michelin-star and there’s every mod. con. available, dressed up beautifully. No children under 12.
- Lucknam Park in Chippenham is a luxurious country home with painstakingly kept gardens and parkland, a restaurant run by a Michelin-starred chef, a beautiful spa with both an indoor and outdoor pool and an impressive equestrian centre. There are 42 rooms with high ceilings, chandeliers and four-poster beds.
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfect for an indulgent break by the sea. Right on Christchuch Harbour and newly refurbished, this is a sophisticated take on the traditional seaside hotel with a rather glamorous bar and a great restaurant on the ‘top deck’ of the hotel. There’s also a stylish spa.
Great Value Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South West
- Harington’s Hotel is a great value hotel in the centre of Bath - in fact you’re the closest hotel to the Thermae Baths, down cobbled Queen Street. There’s no restaurant, but there’s plenty to choose from around you, and as well as being a good spot for a romantic break it’s also great for families. You can hire the courtyard hot tub by the hour.
- Tetbury’s Hare and Hounds Hotel also has two suites with their own private hot tubs (prices from £250 per night B&B). This traditional Cotswolds country house hotel has an air of elegance, a creative restaurant menu and its own popular country pub.
Family Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South West
- For those traveling with kinder in tow, Calcot Manor Hotel might be the ideal offering - it’s one of the best examples in the country of a genuinely family friendly hotel which also works for couples. Set on its own estate, this converted farmhouse has a beautiful courtyard and old barns all now used for activities, and the spa and indoor pool.
- The Bedruthan Steps Hotel is in a fantastic spot overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, and has a wonderful Cornish restaurant and a hotel tub as part of the Sensory Spa Garden experience. This is a family hotel, so there’s plenty for the kids to do while you enjoy a bit of a pampering.
- The Swan Hotel, Bibury is a 17th Century coaching inn with wonderful views over the River Coln. In winter expect cracking fires, and in summer the inn opens out onto resplendently coloured gardens. The rooms are cosy, with four-poster beds and floral upholstery, and there’s a private hot tub if you book the Whooper Garden Cottage Suite.
- The Watersmeet Hotel is a classic seaside hotel with 25 rooms and fabulous views over the north Devon coast. The restaurant is good, serving locally sourced food, the spa offers indoor pool, steam room and jacuzzi, and you’ve got direct access to the South West coastal path and the beach.
- Jacobean Manor turned luxurious family retreat, Woolley Grange has 26 comfortable, modern rooms, a relaxed restaurant and stunning gardens with beautiful pools. They also have a kid’s club and a games room and run an Ofsted-registered playroom, and offer babysitting. And of course the spa is divine.
- The Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a modern seaside hotel in Christchurch, right on the bank of the River Stour. There are 17 rooms and suites, including some self-catering apartments with fully equipped kitchens and balconies with a view. There are lovely terraces a great spa and a good restaurant.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels with hot tubs on our Guru’s list you could:
- Consult our Ultimate Guide to UK Hotels with Hot Tubs,
- consider our Guru’s collection of the Most Romantic Hotels in the South West,
- browse through our list of all the best Pubs with Rooms in the South West
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South West
The Scarlet, Cornwall 37 rooms from £195Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
Relaxing, purpose-designed eco-friendly hotel overlooking Mawgan Porth beach. Contemporary furniture and modern local art adorns bedroom walls. Great sea views from the cocktail lounge and stylish hotel restaurant. Fantastic spa facility for ultimate relaxation and great outdoor activities nearby.Romantic Break - You, your loved one (and even the pooch) can enjoy an indulgent coastal staySpa breaks - Excellent spa with a range of Ayurvedic treatmentsSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolGreat walks - South West Coast Path.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Bedruthan Steps Hotel 101 rooms from £159Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
Fantastic spot overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from a family-friendly hotel. Modern interiors throughout with the comfortable rooms capturing the beach views. Herring Restaurant is Cornish throughout using locally sourced ingredients. Relax by one of the two pools, or at the spa.Eco break - A sustainable and environmentally minded hotel with an extensive responsible tourism pledge, see website for further details.Groups - This hotel is ideal for an active creative group holiday with workshops, open air theatre and plenty of fun facilities.Spa breaks - Pamper yourself at the top of the range luxury spa, using all natural products and treatments- heaven!Families - With family orientated rooms, activities, nursery and kids club its ideal for all the family.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Lower Slaughter Manor 19 rooms from £195Lower Slaughter, The Cotswolds
Manor house hotel country escape. Gardens, lawns. Elegant public rooms, individually decorated bedrooms, restaurant.Private Hot Tub - If you book a garden suiteSecluded setting - For escaping.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Four poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
Hare and Hounds Hotel 42 rooms from £125Tetbury, The Cotswolds
The Hare and Hounds is a traditional Cotswold country house hotel. The newly refurbished rooms and suites have an air of elegance and surround a delightful courtyard. The restaurant's creative menu is popular with locals and visitors alike. The best in comfort with its own country pub.Local markets - The historic Cotswold market town of Tetbury is only two miles away.Private Hot Tub - Two suites feature private hot tubsSights nearby - Highgrove House is just a mile awayHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
Calcot Manor Hotel 35 rooms from £199Tetbury, The Cotswolds
A charming 14th century manor house in Tetbury, Gloucestershire. Chic rooms feature bold wallpaper prints, soft tones, deep soaking tubs and trendy artworks. The beautifully landscaped gardens feature a range of family activities as well as a pool and spa. An elegant country retreat.Swimming Pool - Stunning indoor Swimming PoolKids Club - Fully staffed.Secluded setting - For escaping.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Manor House Hotel 35 rooms from £159Moreton in Marsh, The Cotswolds
16th century manor house in the centre of picturesque Moreton in Marsh. Classic yet contemporary rooms and Apple Cottage Suite with its own private garden and hot tub. Award winning fine dining. A chic yet relaxed spot and ideal base for exploring the Cotswolds.Sights nearby - Moreton in Marsh is the perfect base for exploring the Cotswolds, Bath or Oxford.Private Hot Tub - If you book the Apple Cottage SuiteFour poster beds - Some rooms feature four poster bedsTraditionalRecommended by - Johansens
Ellenborough Park 62 rooms from £177Cheltenham (Southam)
16th century rambling manor restored to its former glory in a beautiful Costwolds setting. Opulent luxury suites boast antiques, four posters and Nina Campbell interiors. A serious country house hotel, with spa, pool and gourmet dining for the ultimate indulgent getaway.Country Escape - Set in 90 acres of stunning National Trust land, with flower filled gardens and a lovely heated pool, just outside Cheltenham.Spa breaks - A well equipped spa with a juice bar, mood showers and an extensive treatment list using therapies from the East and West.Great walks - Borrow hunter wellies and brollies for a stroll in the Cotswolds.Traditional - Traditional country house style with Nina Campbell interiors.Recommended by - Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Mr & Mrs Smith
The Swan Hotel 22 rooms from £160Bibury, The Cotswolds
With views over the River Coln this 17th century coaching inn is a welcoming Cotswolds abode. Crackling fires in the winter and viridescent gardens in the summer: the menu is similarly seasonal (and locally sourced). Rooms have an instantly cosy feel with fourposters, gingham and floral upholstery.Sights nearby - The famous Blenheim Palace, birth place of Winston Churchill, is arguably the country's best stately home.Private Hot Tub - Whooper Garden Cottage Suite has its own private garden with hot tub.Great walks - Walk through the village to the postcard worthy Church of St. Mary.Fishing - Catch some trout in the River Coln, just opposite the hotel.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Lucknam Park 42 rooms from £290Chippenham, Wiltshire
A luxury country home full of character. High ceilinged rooms are adorned with chandeliers and four poster beds. The surrounding parkland and gardens are painstakingly up kept. A spa, indoor pool and outdoor plunge pool aid relaxation. The fine dining restaurant is headed by a michelin Star chef.Active Holiday - Plenty of countryside persuits for the sporty types with clay pigeon shooting, riding, tennis, archery, and falconry.Foodies - Executive Chef Hywel Jones runs the Michelin starred The Park, as well as the award winning cookery school.Cooking classes - Learn to whip up your favourite dishes from The Parks' menu at the in house cookery school, a lovely way to pass a rainy day!Sights nearby - Bath is only six miles away- if you can tear yourself away from the endless entertainment at Lucknam Park.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Whatley Manor 23 rooms from £325Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Set in deep Cotswold countryside, this Relais and Châteaux hotel is definitely suited to both a young clientele and the wealthy retired. Perfect romantic getaway. Dog but not family-friendly. Two hours from London. Ideal for gourmets and those with green fingers.Restrictions on childrenTraditional5* Luxury - Very high service standards.SpaRecommended by - Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
Woolley Grange 26 rooms from £160Bradford on Avon
Jacobean Manor turned luxury family retreat in stunning gardens with pools. Comfortable, modern rooms are a great welcome after a day of activities. The restaurant caters to all dietary needs and occasions. Children clubs, games rooms, gardens and more gives parents a chance to relax at the spa.Families - Ideal for families with babysitting, kids hang out zones, an Ofsted-registered playroom and plenty of activites on the grounds.Hideaway - With the spa, pool table, table football, extensive grounds, yummy food and homely rooms, you'll find it impossible to leave.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolFull of characterRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Harington's Hotel 13 rooms from £88Bath
Excellent value town centre hotel a stone's throw from the best that Bath has to offer. No restaurant, but in this city there's plenty of choice elsewhere. Great for families and those on a budget.Private Hot Tub - You can hire the courtyard hot tub by the hour for private usage.Sights nearby - Closest hotel to the Thermae Spa
Babington House 32 rooms from £290Nr Frome, Somerset
Stunning country house and grounds. Immaculately chic interiors. Understated elegance and five-star luxury. Bar, restaurant, spa, and cinema.Private Hot Tub - The Wood Cabin features an outdoor hot tubSpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Summer Lodge 24 rooms from £265Evershot, Dorset
A Hardy-esque country house turned hotel, surrounded by lovely gardens and spectacular countryside. Luxurious rooms boasts elaborate floral fabrics and plush furnishings. The gourmet restaurant is not to be missed, nor the extensive bar. A cosy countryside base, complete with pool, spa and tennis.Foodies - The dream team of Head Chef Steven Titman and world-renowned Sommelier Eric Zwiebel make dinner an unforgettable experience.Romantic Break - Let your romantic side out with candlelit jacuzzi sessions, in room champagne and rose petals on the bed.Great walks - Borrow wellies for strolls around the English garden or the adjoining deer park teeming with wildlife and natural beauty.Private Hot Tub - Ivy Cottage features a private outdoor hot tub.Recommended by - I Escape, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa 64 rooms from £160Christchurch
Style and exceptional service on the Dorset coast. The newly refurbished Christchurch Harbour Hotel offers smart bedrooms, excellent food, pampering spa and wonderful views. Perfect for an indulgent break by the sea.Kayaking - Complimentary single and double kayaks available for the guests to use.Great walks - Plenty of coastal walks for all abilitiesViews - Superb views over Christchurch harbourSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Captain's Club Hotel & Spa 17 rooms from £229Christchurch (East Dorset)
A modern seaside hotel on the banks of the River Stour in Christchurch. Self-catering rooms and suites have fully equipped kitchens, modern furnishings, and balconies with views. Top of the range spa and therapies, terraces, good restaurant, and plenty of local activities. Very family oriented.Riverside - Perfectly set on the banks of the River Stour.WeddingsFamiliesSights nearby - Poole Harbour, one of the world's largest natural harbours, is 15km away.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Watersmeet Hotel 25 rooms from £134Woolacombe, Devon
Classic seaside hotel with fabulous views over the North Devon coast. Tastefully refurbished rooms reflect the beach side location and the restaurant offers delicious food sourced from local ingredients. An romantic hotel for a seaside break and ideal for a family holiday too.Spa - In room treatments available plus steam room and jacuzziViews - Amazing sea views from all but two of the bedroomsOn the beach - Direct access to a sandy beach below the hotelGreat walks - South West coastal path on the doorstepRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Johansens
Salcombe Harbour Hotel 50 rooms from £295South Devon
On the edge of bustling and picture postcard Salcombe this stunning newly refurbished boutique hotel has everything one could wish for. Magnificently situated, overlooking the estuary with its sailing boats, sandy beaches and a short walk into town. Wonderful terraces, spa and pool, cinema. BlissSuites - All rooms come with 'balcony baskets' with binoculars throws and books, complimentary gin and sherrySit-out Terrace - Wonderful terraces with sunloungers and glorious views of the harbour, estuary and out to sea.Restaurant - The Jetty Restaurant is both chic and family friendly with mouthwatering seafood lunch barParking - Cars are left on the hotel state of the art turntable and valet parked!
Orestone Manor Hotel 11 rooms from £110Torquay (South Devon)
Georgian manor house hotel, overlooking Lyme Bay. Most of the spacious rooms feature Mediterranean views across Torbay. The decor is vintage chic with antique furnishings and bold print wallpaper. Excellent food, secluded lawns and peaceful porches, a haven.Garden - Attractive outside space.Great walks - Exe Estuary boasts miles of cycle and foot paths, exceptional views, beauttiful sandy beaches and is teeming with wildlife.Private Hot Tub - Book the Garden Suite for your own private terrace with outdoor hot tub and wonderful sea views.Sights nearby - Torre Abbey and The Agatha Christie Mile are both nearby and great informative day trips!Recommended by - Frommers
Gidleigh Park Hotel 24 rooms from £270Chagford (Dartmoor)
Super luxurious and pampering Dartmoor retreat, on 107 acres of mature grounds. The plush rooms come with antique furnishings, original art and huge sash windows. The Michelin stared food is served in an atmospheric and grandiose dining room. Peaceful, restful and totally heavenly.Fishing - Fly fishing on the River Teign - licenses and tuition providedRestaurant - Michael Wignall's award-winning restaurantGarden - Beautiful landscaped gardenGreat walks - There are inumerable lovely walking trails both on thr 107 acres of mature grounds and on nearby Dartmoor.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Sawdays, Michelin Travel
Soar Mill Cove Hotel 20 rooms from £159South Devon
Relaxed family friendly hotel a couple of miles from Salcombe. Spacious rooms and suites, some with private patios and stunning sea views. Delicious food with an emphasis on local specialities. Wonderful walking on the doorstep and a warm welcome for canine guests too!Great walks - The Devon Coastal path is on the doorstepFamiliesPrivate Hot Tub - Book one of the Ocean View self catering units for your own outdoor hot tub.Spa - Wide range of treatments on offer from facials to massages to reflexology.