The 5 Best Hotels in South End, Boston
South End is a trendy residential area set just a short distance from Downtown and the Back Bay. Many of the streets are lined with Brownstones and there are pretty squares dotted throughout. With a thriving restaurant and arts scene — this residential area now draws a young and hip crowd. Pick this neighbourhood if you want to experience Boston like a local. The hotels in the district are also a real draw; ranging from charming B&Bs to contemporary boutiques. There are some of Boston's best value places to stay here too. Our hotel experts have compiled a collection of the best hotels in South End selected on their hospitality, design, and amenities. So whether you are on a couples' city break, a business trip, or travelling with family — why not browse through our collection to start planning your stay?
For a boutique
- The Revolution Hotel is a contemporary boutique hotel with stylish loft-like design. Spacious rooms have wooden floors and cityscape wallpapers. Complete with a popular restaurant, this is a good choice for the young and trendy.
- Clarendon Square Inn is a sophisticated and intimate boutique hotel with just four rooms. Tucked away down a quiet street, this property has New England style in abundance. Complete with a rooftop hot tub and 'honesty bar', this is a great choice for couples.
For great value
- Staypineapple Boston is a quirky and fun hotel located in Boston's South End, with a bar and restaurant. Rooms are compact but comfortable with cosy duvets and fluffy bathrobes. Guests are provided with bikes to explore the city. An easy and well-priced option.
For a B&B
- 14 Union Park is set in a converted Brownstone. Pick this property for the historic period features including fireplaces and shutters. With just five rooms, this is an intimate and charming choice.
- Encore B&B is another charming choice set in a historic townhouse. The four rooms have a homely feel with exposed brickwork and warm hues. A laid back and well-priced city base.
Still not sure where to book?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Boston.
- Widen your search to include all our recommendations for the best waterfront hotels in Boston of the best spa hotels in Boston or the best downtown hotels in Boston.
- Alternatively, feel free to call or email one of our gurus for advice.
The Revolution Hotel Boston 177 rooms from £164Local exploring - Set within easy walking distance of the best shops, bars and restaurants, this hotel is great for city exploringRomantic Break - With stylish suites, a romantic restaurant and attentive staff, book this hotel for a chic couples' city breakCity Style - With boutique interiors and a central city location, book this hotel for revolutionary Boston charmGreat walks - Walk the Freedom Trail, a 2.5-mile-long path through downtown Boston that passes by 16 locations significant to USA history
This city bolt-hole sits at the intersection of Berkeley St and Appleton St in Boston’s South End. Inside, the modern guestrooms have a loft feel, with authentic wooden floors and cityscape wallpapers. The hotel hosts Cósmica, a stylish neighbourhood spot serving Cal-Mex specialities. See More
Staypineapple Boston Boston (South End) 55 rooms from £120Local exploring - Enjoy South End's charming vibe, complete with Victorian Brownstones & local restaurants, or venture easily into the city centreRestaurant - The restaurant is not open for breakfast, but there are great cafes and other options in the neighbourhoodLocal markets - Head to SoWa Open Market to search for antiques and wares created by local artistsFull of character
Quirky and fun hotel located in Boston's South End with a bar and restaurant. 55 rooms are compact but comfortable with cosy duvets and fluffy bathrobes. As well as dog-friendly and pineapple-themed, there are nice touches like complimentary morning coffee & afternoon treats, plus free bikes. See More
14 Union Park Boston 5 rooms from £218Local exploring - South End is a vibrant and cosmpolitan neighbourhood with Victorian Brownstone's, thriving art community & great restaurantsSights nearby - Within walking distance of Copley Square and Newbury Street, the Esplanade, Prudential Center, Boston Library and Boston CommonsViews - Great views from hotelBoutique
Elegant B&B set in a shuttered historic Brownstone in Boston's South End. Five guest rooms are located over several floors and boast period features such as sloping ceilings, sash windows and fireplaces. Shared spaces include a living room, lounge and kitchenette. Great restaurants close by. See More
Clarendon Square Inn Boston 4 rooms from £98Sights nearby - Boston Common, the SoWa arts district, Tremont Street restaurants, Prudential Center’s Skywalk ObservatoryViews - From the roof terrace over Boston's skylineShort breakRomantic - Good for couples.
A sophisticated spot, close to ‘restaurant row’ & the SoWa arts district. Tucked down a quiet street, this boutique hotel offers tranquility away from the city’s hustle and bustle and New England style in abundance. Great for culture seekers, food lovers and couples in search of a romantic weekend. See More
Encore B&B Boston (Massachusetts) 4 rooms from £121Restrictions on children - Children under 10 are discouraged.Local markets - SoWa Open MarketGreat walks - Boston Common
A charming bed and breakfast in a 19th Century townhouse located in the trendy South End neighborhood. Bedrooms are spacious with a downtown apartment feel. This chic and welcoming guest house is ideal for those looking for a homely base in this eclectic and exciting city. See More