13 of Cape Cod's Best Inns
The hooked peninsula of Cape Cod is one of those places where you can’t help but use the term ‘something for everyone’. With the endless stretches of calm, white sandy beaches, the beautiful old towns, quaint old ports and busy holiday resorts, the art galleries, the historic sites, the restaurants (both family-friendly and fancy), this really is a destination with universal appeal. The same can be said when it comes to choosing your accommodation. There’s plenty of choice from simple B&Bs to party resorts and luxurious boutique hotels. For low-key, affordable and charming, choosing an inn is often your best bet. With this in mind, our hotel experts have compiled a collection of Cape Cod's best inns selected on their design, location, and service. Whether you are holidaying with the family or you want a romantic hideaway there is something to suit most trips here. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next getaway?
- Chatham Seafarer Inn is a Cape Cod inn and cottage within walking distance of the sea. Recently remodelled rooms feel fresh and modern while a stand-alone beach cottage with a living area and kitchenette is an ideal base for families or friends. Complete with a lovely pool, gardens, BBQs, and a private path leading to a stunning beach — this is perfect beach holiday material.
- Inn on the Square is a quintessential Cape Cod inn located in the heart of Falmouth village, walking distance to the ferry and beaches. Expect fabulous amenities including a restaurant, a stunning indoor pool. Elegant rooms blend traditional style with contemporary comfort while the King Guest Room boasts a whirlpool tub for two.
- The Waterford Inn is a 19th-century sea captain's home transformed into a trendy downtown guesthouse in Provincetown. Beautifully finished whitewashed rooms with minimalist but cosy styling feature nautical touches and blue accents. Couples should choose the Junior Balcony Suites which have sit-out terraces with harbour, sunrise and sunset views.
- The Commodore Inn is a classic Cape Cod inn just metres from the beach in Harwich. Rooms feature a fresh and modern take on the traditional nautical theme. Queen Rooms accommodate four people, making this great value. Kids will love the pool and nearby beach with swimming and an ice-cream van.
- Chatham Bars Inn is one of Cape Cod’s best inns for families looking for a little bit of luxury. It’s right on the seafront in Chatham, which has a lovely harbour, with seals, a barrier island to keep the water calm and a charming pedestrianised centre. There are private beachfront cottages, suites or rooms to choose from and a smart dining room and loads of activities for all the family.
- Woods Hole Inn is an award-winning harbourfront inn within walking distance of the beach. Charming rooms are compact and cosy, while a selection of two- and three-bedroom suites are a comfortable choice for families (however kids must be over 6 to stay). With farm-style breakfast, an outdoor patio, and great rates — this is an easy choice for families.
- Chatham Wayside Inn is a quintessential Cape Cod village inn with a laidback feel making it an easy base for families. Classic New England interiors are pretty and spacious while the beach is just a stroll away.
For a historic stay
- Belfry Inn & Bistro is a historic B&B in Sandwich consisting of three unique buildings, each with their own charms and eccentricities. Rooms range from a converted church, complete with dazzling stain glass windows and vaulted ceilings to classic 'Cape Cod Cottage' style with clean lines and crisp white linens.
For a boutique inn
- Queen Anne Inn is a colonial-style inn situated walking distance from the beach in Chatham. The Victorian exterior is home to various well-appointed room types; many have speciality tubs and balconies — ideal for couples. A spacious multi-terrace garden, patio and outdoor pool make this boutique stay a summer haven.
For the beach
- The Inn on the Sound is a delightful sea-front inn with panoramic ocean views and a private beach in Falmouth. The historic building is home to quaint and cosy rooms many of which have fab sit-out balconies. Most shared spaces face the water and benefit from gorgeous natural light. Romantic all-year-round retreat.
- Provincetown's Salt House Inn has quintessential New England style. Large and light rooms feature fine linens, private bathrooms and superb complimentary breakfasts. The views are gorgeous and the beach is a few minutes' stroll.
- Inn on the Beach is located directly on the beach with panoramic views onto Nantucket Sound. Simple but comfortable rooms feature fresh nautical colours; most have private decks and look out over the water. Enjoy a sea-facing breakfast, terrace, hammocks and fire-pits — everything is geared for days at the beach.
For great value
- If you’re searching for peace and great value, one of Cape Cod’s best inns is the Platinum Pebble Inn in Harwich. It’s on the Lower Cape, near the ‘elbow’ of the peninsula, just behind the beautiful Belmont Road Beach. The inn was built in the 1850s, but these days the eight rooms feel modern yet simple. There’s a pool and lovely gardens. If you want to relax and do the odd bit of sailing, cycling, swimming and strolling, this is the inn for you.
Still not sure where to book?
- Expand your search to look at our selection of the best B&Bs on Cape Cod or the best beach hotels on Cape Cod.
- Browse through our entire collection of the best hotels across Massachusetts.
- Alternatively, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Platinum Pebble Inn Harwich 8 rooms from £116Eco break - The hotel is powered by renewable energy sources, participates in the Clean the World initiative, and uses eco-friendly productsActive Holiday - Many outdoor activities are on offer: hiking & biking on Cape Cod Rail Trail, swimming, sailing, and kitesurfing, to name a fewBeach Life - Belmont Road Beach is a 5 minute drive/ 15 minute walk awaySwimming Pool - The unheated outdoor pool is nestled at the heart of the inn, and is open from May to October.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Historic 1850s inn minutes from the beautiful Belmont Road Beach on Cape Cod. The rooms are simple and modern, with chic leather furnishings and bold colours. The inn is secluded and features a peaceful outdoor pool and garden with fireplace. It is also committed to being eco-friendly. See More
Chatham Bars Inn Chatham (Massachusetts) 217 rooms from £169Sailing - Charter one of the hotel sailing boatsTennis - Ocean side tennis courtsSights nearby - Whale WatchingKayaking - Chatham Harbor
Luxurious seaside hotel with an elegant nautical feel offering ocean view suites, contemporary bedrooms and private beach-front cottages. A smart evening dining area with fine cuisine and romantic sunset views. Activities to suit all the family at this refined seafront resort. See More
Inn on the Square Falmouth, MA 75 rooms from £89Local exploring - Wonderful base to explore Cape Cod; visit beaches, wineries, museums and wildlife sanctuaries or simply enjoy downtown FalmouthBeach Life - Surrounded by miles of white-sand Cape Cod beaches; stay a week and never visit the same one twiceSwimming Pool - Stunning skylit indoor pool allows for swimming in all weather. Leads out to sun terrace for sunbathing and relaxationRestaurant - On-site Persey's Restaurant serves New England's largest breakfast and lunch menu. Food is available until 3pm daily
Quintessential Cape Cod inn located in heart of Falmouth village, walking distance to the ferry and beaches. Everything's on-site for fab summer holidays; restaurant, stunning indoor pool, outdoor dining and sun deck. Spacious rooms blend traditional style with contemporary comfort. Laid-back charm. See More
The Waterford Inn Provincetown 15 rooms from £124Romantic Break - Luxury Junior Balcony Suites feature sit-out space with harbour, sunrise and sunset views. You'll never want to leave your roomValue chic - Great value considering the room spec, gardens, fab drinking and dining on-property and walking distance to everythingLocal exploring - Provincetown's many galleries are walking distance; as are beaches, the harbour, marina, shops and restaurantsBeach Life - Located on Commercial Street, metres from the beach with sea views; an unbeatable Provincetown combination
19th-century sea captain's home transformed into a trendy downtown guesthouse. Beautifully-finished whitewashed rooms with minimalist but cosy styling feature nautical touches and blue accents. Great dining all around, including on-site terrace restaurant & bar. Chilled vibe in a happening hot-spot. See More
Chatham Seafarer Inn Chatham 22 rooms from £124Beach Life - Walk easily to Cape Cod’s famous Ridgevale Beach. Hardings Beach and Cockle Cove Beach are within a mile of the propertyLocal exploring - The location means you're walking distance to beaches and restaurants, with the town centre a short drive awayFamilies - Located down the road, cosy two-bedroom Beach Cottage offers kitchenette, living and dining areasValue chic - A fab option for those looking for longer stays with self-catered options close to the beach
Cape Cod inn and cottage walking distance to the sea. Recently remodelled rooms feel fresh and modern with a soft take on the classic nautical colour palette. Enjoy pool, gardens, BBQs and sit-out furniture. Stand-alone Beach Cottage is fantastic; a private path leads to a stunning beach in minutes. See More
Woods Hole Inn Woods Hole, Massachusetts 16 rooms from £144Beach Life - The property is located within half a mile of two beautiful white-sand Cape Cod beaches. Beach towels are provided to all guestsLocal exploring - Head out the door and explore Woods Hole on foot; explore water-front restaurants, shops, cafes, beaches, sailing & watersportsGroups - There are several two and three-bedroom suites for groups or families (including those travelling with dogs)Sights nearby - The ferry to Martha's Vineyard is located across the street from the property, making it an easy day trip
Award-winning harbour-front inn walking distance to the beach. Charming rooms are compact but cosy with contemporary soft colour palettes, nautical clapboard walls, unique artwork and homely touches; some have water views and decks. Enjoy farm-style breakfast and outdoor patio. Ideal stop-over. See More
Salt House Inn Provincetown (6 Conwell Street) 15 rooms from £144Beach Life - With the crisp clean seaside chic rooms and the beach just a short distance away, it's the perfect coastal getaway.Value chic - Superb accommodation and a wonderful location at a great price-what more could you ask for?Great walks - Take on the Cape Cod Rail Trail and truly get to know your surroundingsSights nearby - Be sure to visit the Heritage Museums & GardensRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The Salt House Inn, in quaint Cape Cod, boasts New England exteriors with crisp, whitewashed minimalist interiors. Large and light rooms feature fine linens, private bathrooms and superb complimentary breakfasts. Wander along the coast at sunset and take in the gorgeous views! A chic beach stay. See More
Belfry Inn & Bistro Sandwich, MA 21 rooms from £159Sights nearby - Historic Town Hall Square, the oldest part of the Village, features 50 buildings dating from the 17th through the 19th century.Kayaking - Kayak the meandering salt marshes or hike to the top of the ridge in Maple Swamp.Great walks - Sandwich has miles of coastal marsh providing hiking experiences like no other.Sailing - Cape Cod Bay is ideal for sailing and rafting.
This historic B&B consists of three unique buildings, each with their own charms and eccentricities. Rooms range from a converted church, complete with dazzling stain glass windows and vaulted ceilings to classic 'Cape Cod Cottage' style with clean lines and crisp white linens. Eclectic and elegant! See More
Inn on the Beach Harwich Port, Massachusetts 20 rooms from £168Beach Life - There's a pristine private stretch of sand and sea right outside the door and all necessary equipent for beach days is providedLocal exploring - Cape Cod is an ideal summer vacation spot; as well as the beach enjoy sailing, golf, fishing, wildlife sanctuary & great walksGroups - Older families or groups will love the adult-only Beach House; two adjacent units with fireplaces, kitchenettes and patiosTotal relaxation - Enjoy dreamy beach days lazing in the hammock, flying kites, sunbathing, swimming or enjoying a cocktail by the firepit
Cape Cod inn is located on the beach with panoramic views onto Nantucket Sound. Simple but comfortable rooms feature fresh nautical colours; most have private decks and look out over the water. Enjoy sea-facing breakfast, terrace, hammocks and fire-pits, everything is geared for days at the beach. See More
The Inn on the Sound Falmouth, MA 10 rooms from £176Beach Life - Falmouth boasts over 63 miles of beach, including the property's private white-sand beach and adjacent mile-long stretch of sandTotal relaxation - Spend idyllic days on the private beach, venturing out to explore or simply drinking in the views from your private balconyRomantic Break - Book the Chappaquoit Beach for double-aspect views over the ocean; you'll feel you're flaoting between sea and skySights nearby - On rainy days head to the aquarium, National Marine Life Center, Heritage Plantation, museums and art galleries
Delightful sea-front inn with panoramic ocean views and private beach. The historic building is home to quaint and cosy rooms decorated in soft tones, many have fab sit-out balconies. Most shared spaces face the water and benefit from gorgeous natural light. Romantic all year-round retreat. See More
Queen Anne Inn Chatham 31 rooms from £183Beach Life - It's less than 10 mins on foot to family-friendly Oyster Pond beach with white-sand, swimming, lifeguards and space to playRomantic Break - Romantic Country Rooms offer two-person whirlpool tubs or private outdoor hot tubs. Garden Rooms feature sunset balconiesLocal exploring - Walk to beaches, the downtown, galleries, restaurants and shops; a perfect base for relaxed exploring on summer daysPrivate Hot Tub - Certain Romantic Country Rooms have outdoor hot tubs for up to four people. These carry an additional charge
Colonial-style inn, cafe and lounge walking distance from the beach. The Victorian exterior is home to various well-appointed room types; many have speciality tubs and balconies. Spacious multi-terrace garden, patio and outdoor pool make this a summer haven. Works for romance, friends or families. See More
Chatham Wayside Inn Chatham 56 rooms from £215Local exploring - Explore the quaint village; the hotel is just steps from well-preserved Main Street, famous for galleries, shops and restaurantsBeach Life - Walk easily to expansive and scenic South Beach. Cape Cod is known for its wide, wild, sandy beaches that go for milesTotal relaxation - The place for perfect New England summer vacations; sea, sand, swimming pool, outdoor dining & quiet peaceful vibeSights nearby - Take a tour of Stage Harbor Light and Chatham Lighthouse, both are 19th century structures with rich local histories
Quintessential Cape Cod village inn. Well-suited to couples or families with peaceful days and lively dining & after-dinner drinks. Classic New England interiors make for pretty, spacious rooms; think white wood panelling, dual aspect & paisley prints. All just a stroll from the beach. See More
The Commodore Inn Harwich 27 rooms from £189Families - Queen Rooms accept four people, making this great-value. Kids will love the pool and nearby beach with swimming & ice-cream vanBeach Life - It's 100 yards from the property to family-friendly Earle Road beach. The area has endless mile-long, wide, sandy beachesTotal relaxation - Enjoy chilled days playing lawn games, swimming and sunbathing before atmospheric evenings by the firepitGreat walks - As well as walking trails, Nickerson State Park offers freshwater swimming, boating, kayaking and paddle-boarding
Classic Cape Cod inn just metres from the beach. Newly-renovated rooms feature a fresh and modern take on the traditional nautical theme. Cosily kitted out with homely decor, all lead to the outdoors. The large plot boasts a lawn, pool, Beach Bar and fire-pit. A great option for families or friends. See More