Search the best hotels in Antibes
Antibes is a picturesque walled medieval town standing between the glamorous centres of Nice and Cannes. Home to Europe's largest marina, six miles of soft sandy beaches and some fascinating historical sites, it is often considered to be the cultural heart of the Cote d'Azur. With winding cobblestone streets; an abundance of Provencal markets; street corners filled with local artists displaying their work; 16th-century chapels and a port brimming with the superyachts of the super-rich. It is a perfect place to stay for soaking up either the sun or the culture of the French Riviera and our selection of the best places to stay in Antibes are ideally positioned for exploring all this town has to offer.
The Old Town of Antibes is wonderful to get lost in. The town itself is small, home to some 75,000 inhabitants - though this doubles during the summer months. It is in every respect, an archetypal Provencal town with a labyrinthine maze of narrow and winding cobbled streets, all in the shadow of crenelated 16th-century battlements - and it is a place that's steeped in history. Originally the site of a Greek town called Antipolis, its marina has a long history stretching back many millennia.
Walking around the town you'll encounter many bustling markets and wonderful artisan grocers and shops. If you're after a real taste of the romance of the Riviera, you can sip absinthe in the trendy jazz bars of the town. The beaches are the envy of France. With over six miles of white sandy beaches, 300 days of sunshine per year and a temperature ranging from 25 to 35 degrees during the summer, it is easy to see why Antibes has become the favourite haunt of A list celebrities. Port Vauban, Europe's largest marina, also hosts the world's largest superyacht, the Dilbar, which docks there regularly.
What not to miss:
- This town is full of great local markets, selling things like cheese, objet d'art, clothes and fruit and vegetable. Check out the Cours Massena, surely the best Provencal market in town!
- Antibes's famous beaches are not to be missed. While there are many private ones, the best public beach is without a doubt the Plage du Salis.
- You can't go to Antibes without paying respect to one of its greatest residents, the indomitable Picasso. The Musee Picasso stands in one of his old workshops that is built on the foundations of the ancient Greek town of Antipolis.
- If you're up for a good hike, then walk to Fort Carre, the fortified bastion of Antibes. It stands with gorgeous panoramic views of the town, sea and Cap d'Antibes.
- The 16th-century Gothic church, the Chapelle St. Bernardin, has an intricately designed fresco inside and is a mesmerising place to sit and contemplate.
Antibes is an undeniably popular spot, especially during the summer months, so in order to be sure you snag a spot at one of the best places to stay in Antibes we recommend you book well in advance.
The best places to stay in Antibes
For Beach life
- Royal Antibes is a chic and modern hotel right on the waterfront with 64 rooms decorated with splashes of modern art and boasting amazing views. There's a trendy brasserie with sumptuous cuisine and a wonderful spa.
The Best Value Places to Stay in Antibes
- La Jabotte is an intimate and rather adorable hotel with 9 rooms. It has an orange-scented courtyard garden and the rooms are decorated with pastel colours. Great for exploring the local sights and smells.
Prefer an apartment or villa?
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area for those looking for something a little more private.
- Fly to Nice Cote d'Azur Airport, where you can either take a taxi, train or bus to Antibes, which is 28km away.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend you contact our partner Rentalcars.
- With 300 days of sunshine every year, the weather is consistently lovely. For a sunbathing holiday, you should aim to go during the summer, when the temperature ranges from 25 to 35 degrees. If you want to miss the heaving summer crowds, then visit in the spring or autumn when the temperature is still warm, but the crowds have gone.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Antibes
La Jabotte Antibes (Cote d'Azur) 9 rooms from AU$130Local markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
Royal Antibes Antibes 64 rooms from AU$163Spa breaks - A glorious spa and wellness space using Cinq Mondes products, a French brand famed for its aromatherapy.Beach Life - A one minute walk from the beach and glass fronted rooms with stunning sea views.Sights nearby - Take a stroll around the battlements and their rampart walks, the oldest part of the city.Views - Great views from hotel
A chic contemporary property right on the waterfront. Large glass-fronted windows unfurl impressive views. Simple white on white design with splashes of colour from the modern art. A trendy brasserie with creative Mediterranean cuisine. A spoiling spa. A real treat at surprisingly affordable rates. See More