Search the best hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam seduces tourists with its stunning setting around a 17th century ‘Golden Age’ ring of canals (the Grachtengordel), some of the world's finest art (in the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum) and its tolerant culture. It is a city of charm and easy-going appeal. However, the best places to stay in Amsterdam have always presented something of a problem, since the vast majority of buildings in the city’s historic centre are tall and narrow, giving little space for things like restaurants, lounges and spas...
The Hotel Guru's selection of the best places to stay in Amsterdam aims to find a property for everyone, from five star luxury to great value guesthouses. At the top end of the spectrum, Seven One Seven Hotel should satisfy even the fussiest of guests. Located in a grand old world canal side building, it is hugely luxurious, but at the same time does not appear to be trying too hard. For those with fewer Euros in their wallets, the V Hotel is ideal. Stylish, friendly and hip, plus a great location and great value too!
Some of our Amsterdam collections:
What not to Miss
- The Van Gogh Museum, the Rijksmuseum and the Museum het Rembrandthuis are packed with Dutch Masters. While the Stedelijk Museum has the Mondrians and Matisses among other more modern treasures. The Hermitage now has an outpost in Amsterdam and you can also visit the Rembrandt House museum.
- Away from art there’s NEMO, the science museum in the incredible building you can walk all over, and the naval museum, complete with tall ships, which is located just behind NEMO. The Anne Frank House is also extremely well known. The Royal Palace too is an extremely popular visitor attraction.
- It goes without saying that you should take a canal trip - there are many choices, from bespoke tours to a range of companies with generous-sized boats offering the classic tour. It also goes without saying that you should visit the flower market and stroll around the inner ring of canals, the Keizersgracht, the Prinsengracht, the Lijnbaansgracht and the Singelgracht. This is where you’ll find many of the charmingly narrow merchant’s houses, the brown cafes and many fantastic boutiques. It also goes without saying that bike hire is a good idea if you want to see beyond the Old Centre and Canal Ring.
With so much to see and do this place is very popular and many of the best places to stay in Amsterdam are quickly snapped up, so to be sure of your booking do make plans and book well ahead.
Where to stay
- De Wallen, the city's Red Light District and historic centre, is perfect for those who want to make the most out of the city's nightlife. The area's trying to shrug off its seedy reputation and is now becoming a site of significant cultural importance, as well as offering a variety of interesting spots to visit (such as the socially-conscious brewery Brouwerij de Prael).
- Built in the 17th-century around De Wallen, the Canal Belt exemplifies classic Amsterdam, with its quaint narrow houses dotted alongside bridges and canals. In fact, in 2010 is was made a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Located further away from the centre in Amsterdam's southwest, Duivelseilend is a primarily residential area that's ideal for those looking to escape the buzzy atmosphere.
- Museumsqwuartier, located in the city's Oud Zuid (Old South), is home to some of Europe's finest museums. The spot to be for culture-vultures.
- The waterfront, the area alongside the IJ, has been a place of historical significance for many years. Nowadays, it juxtaposes modern developments with historical buildings, making it a fascinating area.
- Next to the lovely Vondelpark, Vondelbuurt is a charming area for those who want to be close to both the city centre and some greenery.
The Best Places to Stay in Amsterdam
- Misc is a hip hideaway, ideally situated for the city's cultural and fashion districts. With only six rooms it's in great demand, so book early!
- The Hotel V Nesplein is a slick, modern city hotel with industrial chic style and a buzzy restaurant and bar.
- Misc has just six personally styled, boutique rooms and is right by the canal in the fashion/ cultural district. it’s a great choice if you want a bit of peace and privacy.
- The Hotel de L'Europe is a luxurious, five star, canal side hotel with a Michelin starred restaurant and a state of the art spa just outside De Walen in neighbouring Spui.
The Canal Belt
- The Dylan Hotel, with its classic exterior and glamorous interior designed by Anoushka Hempel.
- Another one to try would be the Canal House, a successful combination of contemporary designs and old world decorations.
- The Hotel Wiechmann is a simple, family-run hotel in a converted canal house in the centre of town and makes for a well located, and reasonable break.
- The Ambassade Hotel is a modern, mid-sized hotel converted from a charming 17th Century building right on the canal, the rooms are large and individually decorated with modern design and traditional antiques.
- Our favourite examples include Hotel Estheréa, situated in a 17th century building next to the city's oldest canal. It sounds kind of old school, but is actually very lively.
- Or you might consider the Hotel Toren, a lavishly designed boutique hotel with 38 rooms, some with canal views and the option to order Michelin starred room service.
- For something hip, but also beautifully located, try the Max Brown Hotel, which has 34 stylish rooms overlooking one of Amsterdam’s prettiest canals, close to the major sights and nightlife.
- Or, for something larger, try Andaz Amsterdam, a spectacular, five star boutique hotel with fantastically designed rooms, suites and public spaces - think chandeliers, murals, plenty of gold, and canal side views.
- The Seven One Seven Hotel is a wonderfully historic canal-side address with beautiful, unique interiors in each of the nine bedrooms, and every luxury.
- The Blue Sheep B&B is an adorable, eight-room, family-run B&B in central Amsterdam with lovely exposed brickwork and wooden beams.
- The Sir Albert is a smart, contemporary hotel with white and dark decor, every modern gadget, a wonderful library, wine collection and spa and a fantastic Japanese restaurant.
- The College Hotel is a boutique hotel in the centre of Amsterdam’s fashion and museum district, with large rooms, a terrace, bar and restaurant.
- A recent trend has seen the conversion of handsome public buildings into glossy new addresses such as the College. It provides hope for the future as the staff here comprises trainees from the city's Hotel Management School.
- Another contemporary favourite would have to be The Conservatorium, originally a bank then a music school and now a hip, buzzy hotel ideally located for all that the city has to offer.
- The Hotel JL No76 is a great value option for families, close to museums and shopping and with a relaxed, fresh design feel.
- Art'otel is a modern hotel, specially designed to be young and hip, and it’s even got its own art gallery and an excellent restaurant.
- The Conscious Hotel Vondelpark is an eco hotel with up to the minute modern design. Everything here is recyclable and breakfast is totally organic and free range.
- Or, for something smaller, and with a little more historic charm, try the Art Deco Hotel Roemer, with its individually decorated rooms, roaring fires and hidden private garden.
- The Hotel Vondel is in a great location near shops, museums and Amsterdam’s nightlife and has 80+ whitewashed rooms with wooden furniture, arranged around a lovely courtyard garden - and all starting from around £60 per night.
For slightly outside the centre
- The Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy is located in Zeeburg, slightly to the eat of the city centre. It's a large, historic building with industrial sized rooms each individually decorated and a great selection of public spaces used for art exhibitions, meetings, fashion shows, a library, and restaurants.
- The Suitehotel Posthoorn is another six room hotel, this time converted from a lovely townhouse just outside the city proper and with the value add of a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- In the south of Amsterdam you'll find CitizenM Amsterdam City, a modern hotel with small, high-tech tools and a cool living area and canteen.
- Also amazing value, the Volkshotel down in Transvaalburt is an old newspaper office converted into a large, creatively designed hotel with its own bar and nightclub.
For an Apartment
If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private home we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is one of the world’s largest airports and is extremely well connected. The easiest way to get into the centre of town from the airport is probably by rail, it takes about 20minutes and trains leave every ten minutes. But you can also catch the bus or taxi etc.. Taxis are known for being quite expensive in the Netherlands.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Amsterdam is an international city and major tourist destination, so it’s a popular destination year round. During winter the days are quite short, but there’s plenty of charm in the run up to Christmas. Spring is very popular, because of Amsterdam’s flowers, and summer is a popular time to visit too. Summers in Amsterdam aren’t known for being extreme, and you can expect comfortable, mid-20s temperatures even in July and August.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Amsterdam
CitizenM Amsterdam City 215 rooms from AU$132Amsterdam
Accessible modern Dutch design with affordable accommodation. Small high tech rooms are bright and airy, with top notch accessories including rain showers and free movies on demand. The living and canteen area are lively meeting spots. A cool and great value choice for a city break.Value chic - A trendy property with smart common areas and neat bedrooms with good amenities, all for only €89 per night.City StyleSights nearby - You can be in Dam Square in 25minsLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
Hotel Not Hotel 23 rooms from AU$115Amsterdam
A unique property merging art, design and hospitality. Rooms, not immediately obvious on first impressions, are in themselves large art instillations. There's a lively common area which offers both breakfast and later cocktails and thai food. Well located and priced for a city break.City Style - A hotel where a room is not just a room but a work of art.Great walks - Take a stroll through the scenic Vondelpark.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of character
Volkshotel 162 rooms from AU$117Amsterdam
Set in East Amsterdam, an old Newspaper Office HQ has been redesigned as a creative hub welcoming all guests, 'from stockbrokers to punk rockers.' The contemporary feel runs throughout the hotel, from the flexi work space to the exciting bar and nightclub and into the individually designed rooms.Local markets - Explore the infamous flower markets.Full of character
Hotel JL No76 39 rooms from AU$147Amsterdam
An urban-chic destination in downtown Amsterdam. Funky modern art designs and a lively restaurant. Its understated style and casual ambience is perfect for families or a relaxed city break.City StyleFamiliesSights nearby - Near all the museums.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Conscious Hotel Vondelpark 81 rooms from AU$155Amsterdam
A vibrant, stylish eco-hotel with state of the art modern design. Bright, spacious rooms and delicious organic breakfasts. Fully sustainable and ideally situated, right next to the leafy Vondelpark in the centre of the city.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy 117 rooms from AU$169Amsterdam
Beautifully renovated cultural hub, where travellers can enjoy frequent art exhibitions and cultural events. Rooms are uniquely decorated, with modern Dutch designer furniture and original features - wooden beams and original tiling. An innovative location, dripping with creativity.Local markets - Explore the hip new Oostelijk Havengebied quarter, Amsterdam’s ‘New East’, in which the hotel is located.Sights nearby - Bimhuis concert hall is a just 15-minute walk from the property.Quirky - A creative hub, arty and innovativeDesigner - Beautiful modern Dutch decorRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Michelin Travel
Park Hotel Amsterdam 189 rooms from AU$172Amsterdam
Understated elegance in this hotel with its striking modern designs. An award-winning restaurant and plethora of different spaces for private events or conferences make it ideal for business travellers or those on a stylish city break.Meeting Room - The meeting an conference rooms boast 700sqm of space - all rooms decorated to energise and inspire any occasion.Restaurant - Award-winning MOMO restaurant offers Pan-Asian cuisine.City Style - Great position for museums & designer shopping.Lively - Great vibe in MOMO's cocktail bar.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Michelin Travel
Blue Sheep B&B 6 rooms from AU$177Amsterdam
An adorable family-run B&B in central Amsterdam. Just three large airy rooms with parquet floors, exposed brickwork and wooden beams. Family friendly suites sleep up to 4 and are situated close by, plus there are self catering apartments too. An understated spot with great access to all the sights.Value chicSights nearby - The Red-light District, Jordaan, Anne Frank’s House and the Nine Little Streets.TraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Hotel Wiechmann 37 rooms from AU$186Amsterdam
Hotel Wiechmann consists of three canal houses turned into a simple family-run B&B offering the essentials. Comfortable, breezy rooms with modern bathrooms and a complimentary delicious breakfast. Proximity to the main attractions and shopping districts is a big selling point.Great walks - This charming hotel is set on the Prinsengracht canal, an ideal spot for an evening stroll.Sights nearby - Main museum area is 15 minute walkViews - Some rooms with canal viewFull of characterRecommended by - Frommers
Hotel Vondel 86 rooms from AU$220Amsterdam
A sleek and modern hotel with a lively atmosphere near Amsterdam's nightlife, shopping, and museums. Decor is chic: courtesy of designer owner Arjen van den Hoff. Untreated wooden furniture and white-washed walls create a minimal feel with cosy textiles. The courtyard garden is fabulous.Lively - At the heart of Amsterdam's lively centre.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel
Max Brown Hotel 34 rooms from AU$193Amsterdam
Stylish rooms, in a great central location, all at a reasonable price. Larger rooms have great views over the Herengracht canal - one of Amsterdam's prettiest. Major sights and nightlife are all easily accessible. A hipster hang out that won't break the bank.Sights nearby - Very central location, with many sights easily accessible on foot.Views - Views over the Herengracht Canal, one of Amsterdam's prettiestLively - Hip and happening.
AMS Suites 4 rooms from AU$193RW Amsterdam
Smart accommodation in a handsome historic Amsterdam building. Suites are furnished with sink-into king size beds and contemporary designer furniture. The feel is chic, modern and minimalist, ideal for sophisticated travellers looking for a handy central base.Local exploring - In easy reach of the main attractions including the Anne Frank's House, Vondel Park and the museum districtSights nearby - The Anne Frank House is a must; the front is a museum but the back annex has been preserved to give an idea of life back thenLocal markets - Visit the Bloemenmarkt, the world’s only floating flower market, the Albert Cuypmarket and the Waterlooplein flea marketRestrictions on children - Children cannot be accommodated at the hotelRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Mr Jordaan 34 rooms from AU$201Amsterdam City Centre
Excellent contemporary hotel in the centre of Amsterdam. The rooms are modern and minimalist, focused on maximising comfort and functionality. With the city centre on the door step, it's a great launchpad for exploring the rich culture and traditions of Amsterdam.Local exploring - Ideally placed for an off-beat Amsterdam experience in the artsy Jordaan district and only a short walk from the main sights!City Style - A hip and homely boutique-style canal house hotel, with retro furnishings, soft hues and a welcoming atmosphere.Sights nearby - Only a five minutes walk from Anne Frank's House.
Hotel V Frederiksplein 48 rooms from AU$207Amsterdam
This modern B&B in the heart of Amsterdam is great value for money. Its richly toned and spacious interiors ensure a comfortable stay in an unbeatable location. Relax by the cosy fireplace after a day of cultural activities.Value chicCity StyleB+BLess £Recommended by - I Escape
Misc 6 rooms from AU$215Amsterdam
A renovated 17th century canal house in the heart of Amsterdam. Personally-styled rooms - bright, modern decor and canal or garden views. On the doorstep of the city's cultural and fashion districts - hire a bicycle from reception and explore the city at ease.Views - Of the canal and hotel gardenLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Four poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - I Escape
Suitehotel Posthoorn 6 rooms from AU$221Monnickendam, Amsterdam
An excellent townhouse hotel just outside Amsterdam with a Michelin starred restaurant. Sumptuous, sultry rooms and suites with wallpapered walls, four poster beds, and stand alone bath tubs. A sophisticated gourmet choice.Foodies - Michelin starred restaurant.Local markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.TraditionalRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Hotel V Nesplein 42 rooms from AU$254Amsterdam
A modern and slick city hotel. Industrial-chic rooms and suites with dark wood floors and beautiful bathrooms. Buzzy restaurant and bar area which occasionally hosts live music. A central and cool spot for a romantic weekend away in Amsterdam.Contemporary - Loft-style rooms are super chic.City Style - Central Amsterdam locationLocal markets - Floating flower market (Singel canal between Koningsplein and Muntplein) and the open-air market on Albert CuypstraatLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Roemer Amsterdam 37 rooms from AU$261Amsterdam
Small art-deco hotel in downtown Amsterdam. Individually decorated rooms, a roaring fireplace in the lounge, and a hidden privately owned garden. A city break with oodles of character and an intimate atmosphere.Sights nearby - Very close to art galleries and Van Gogh Museum.Great walks - Vondelpark is just round the corner.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Michelin Travel
The Hoxton 111 rooms from AU$264Amsterdam
A retro chic hotel in the heart of the city. Spacious rooms feature sink-into beds, parquet floors, wood panelling and luxurious bathrooms. There's hotel bikes to rent, a very good restaurant and a lively bar. Just a stroll from many of the major sights and set on one of the prettiest canals.City Style - A sleek hotel offering chic design and easy access to the city centre.Sailing - Take a scenic cruise along the canals.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Lively - Hip and happening.
Inn on the Lake 4 rooms from AU$251Amsterdam (AH Broek in Waterland)
Gorgeous lakeside guesthouse with beautiful views. Elegant suites with wallpapered walls, lake views, and large comfy beds. Lovely terraces and excellent dinner on request. A romantic spot.Views - Wonderful lake and river viewsSights nearby - 10 minutes from AmsterdamRomantic - Good for couples.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Michelin Travel
Piet Hein Hotel 81 rooms from AU$293Amsterdam (Vossiusstraat)
A no nonsense hotel located in the very centre of Amsterdam's beating heart. Overlooking leafy Vondelpark and a few hundred metres from the city's designer shops and museums. Modern rooms are decorated in natural palettes.Great walks - Overlooking Vondelpark, the ideal spot for a picnic.
The Wittenberg 115 rooms from AU$2731018 VL Amsterdam
Historic accommodation in a peaceful, leafy central area consisting of chic self-catering apartments, ideal for independent travellers. The decor is simple and fresh, with a muted palette of greys and creams and hip statement pieces. A stylish home-away-from-home.Local exploring - The apartment style living is ideal for more independent travellers, and its well located to easily access the famous sightsSights nearby - Head to the nearby Hortus Bontanicus just across the canal, the world's oldest botanic gardenLocal markets - Wander around the world-famous Waterlooplein Flea MarketRomantic - Good for couples.
Sir Albert 84 rooms from AU$288Amsterdam
Very smart, almost masculine, contemporary hotel with a fantastic Japanese restaurant. Luxury rooms and suites in white with dark furniture and all the modern gadgetry. Wonderful library, wine collection, and spa. Sophisticated, smooth, very luxurious.Foodies - Fantastic Japanes restaurant.City StyleSpa - Access to the City Street Spa in central AmsterdamSights nearby - Van Gogh museum.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The College Hotel 40 rooms from AU$296Amsterdam
Four star boutique in Amsterdam's Fashion and Museum District. Welcomed by sensual interiors, the modern guest rooms are spacious and a great base for local exploring. Enjoy the Bar Lounge and the High Tea, a cocktail on the terrace and mouth watering dishes throughout the day. Vibrant and trendy.Designer - Interiors by famed designer Martijn de Goede.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterSpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Art'otel, Amsterdam 107 rooms from AU$315Amsterdam
A sophisticated contemporary hotel with its own art gallery. Young, hip and designed for movers and shakers. Shiny rooms and suites with lots of space and subtle lighting. Excellent restaurant and access to the spa off site. A trendy spot.City StyleSights nearby - Bang in the centre of town with Dam Square on the doorstep. Close to all major attractionsLively - Hip and happening.Spa
Hotel Toren 38 rooms from AU$373Amsterdam
Lavish boutique encompassing two 17th Century canal side townhouses in central Amsterdam. Plush rooms with sensual interiors and modern bathrooms. Enjoy a cocktail at the bar, Michelin Star food as room service or small bites in the lounge. A great find in the city.Sights nearby - Dam Square, the Royal Palace and several museums are within walking distance of the hotel.Full of characterRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Frommers, Michelin Travel
Hotel Estheréa 71 rooms from AU$374Amsterdam
17th century townhouses make up this boutique hotel on Amsterdam's oldest canal. Chandeliers, mahogany paneling and extravagant decor adorn the rooms. Large suites are all unique with luxurious fabrics and vibrant wallpapers. Breakfast is worth waking up for; drinks at the bar worth staying up for.Sights nearby - The Anne Frank House is close by.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Frommers, Michelin Travel
Hotel Okura 300 rooms from AU$381Amsterdam
The Okura is the pinnacle of luxury. With a vast variety of rooms and suites, all lavishly decorated with stunning views of the city, the Okura will cater to your every need. There is an extensive spa onsite, and a selection of 4 Michelin awarded restaurants within the hotel itself.Foodies - 4 Michelin awarded restaurants, with the Ciel Bleu being the flagship with its impressive two Michelin Stars.Swimming Pool - A large pool, one of the many feature of the hotels spa and wellness centre.Spa - A variety of spa treatments, with a jacuzzi, turkish steam room, and saunas.Views - Great views from hotel
Sir Adam Hotel 108 rooms from AU$346Amsterdam
The trendy Sir Adam Hotel is located in Amsterdam's historic centre overlooking the IJ-river. Plush rooms with funky features such as exposed stone walls and contemporary artworks. The Butcher Social Club serves up wonderful burgers with a great selection of beers. A one of a kind spot!City Style - A quirky and unique skyscrapper conversion, filled with artists, roadies, and fashionistas- uber cool!Local exploring - WIth many attractions on your doorstep there's no excuse not to go see all that the city has toSights nearby - See the beautiful Royal Palace, visit Dam Square or head to Anne Frank HouseGreat walks - Meander through the city's streets getting a feel for its unique atmosphereRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Design Hotels
Conservatorium Hotel 129 rooms from AU$371Amsterdam
A homage to modern design in the centre of Amsterdam. Huge open rooms, minimalist furniture, and natural light. Bars, restaurants, and a large spa.SpaConference facilitiesBusiness meetings5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Ambassade Hotel 58 rooms from AU$382Amsterdam
17th Century waterfront hotel in the heart of Amsterdam's central canal district. A clever conversion of 10 canal houses, rooms are Louis XVI in style, filled with traditional antiques and complemented with modern art. There's fine dining at Brasserie Ambassade & drinks in the library. A city gem.Great walks - Amsterdam has 165 canals over 100km in length. Great for exploring on foot or by boat.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotelSpaRecommended by - Fodors, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Michelin Travel
Seven One Seven Hotel 9 rooms from AU$409Amsterdam
Grand, 17th century sugar-trader's residence oozing with old-world charm on the UNESCO canal network. Marble floors, oak panelling and beautiful paintings adorn the rooms. Enjoy breakfast in the dining room, relax with a book in the antique-filled sitting room or explore the city at ease.Designer - Interiors by former owner, the fashion designer Kees van der Valk.Outstanding location - Overlooking Amsterdam's most beautiful canal, Prinsengracht.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Full of characterRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Zoku 133 rooms from AU$410Amsterdam
Located in Amsterdam's buzzing Eastern Canal District, Zoku combines sleek and modern rooms with stunning, open-plan communal spaces where guests can socialise and eat together. A perfect base for travelling professionals. Stylish and contemporary living.Local exploring - Just a short walk from some of Amsterdam's main attractions.Bicycle hire - Bikes available to hire from €10 a day.Conference facilities - Co-working spaces available.Garden - Stunning rooftop garden.Recommended by - Tablet
Andaz Amsterdam 122 rooms from AU$412Amsterdam
A spectacular Five Star boutique hotel, the ultimate in fantastical design. The suites, garden, spa, restaurant, bar and library are designer showcases - fish head centre pieces, chandeliers, ornate cornicing, murals, porcelain, metallic gold etc. Canal side cool and splendour. Romantic too.Romantic Break5* Luxury - Very high service standards.City StyleSights nearby - Anne Frank House, Wester Church, Royal Palace, and the Red Light District.Recommended by - CN Traveller, Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
De Witt Hotel 274 rooms from AU$429Amsterdam
A sleek hotel occupying two 17th century hotels just minutes from the Centraal Station. Rooms vary slightly in design but all follow a blue and white scheme, have wooden floors and luxurious bathrooms. American comfort food is served in Wyers restaurant and there's a lively cocktail bar too.City Style - A chic design hotel complete with atmospheric bar and lively restaurant.Great walks - Take a stroll around the green expanse of Vondelpark.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Romantic - Good for couples.
Canal House 23 rooms from AU$438Amsterdam
17th century townhouse in the heart of Amsterdam's cultural centre. Contemporary designs, with old-world touches - dark woods and ornate ceilings. Bedrooms are chic and open-plan. A stylish place to stay. Guests can enjoy the lovely garden with a romantic gazebo, tucked away from the city bustle.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
Sofitel Legend Amsterdam the Grand 177 rooms from AU$455Amsterdam
Luxurious five star hotel, in the heart of Amsterdam. 52 suites, with butler service, furnished with French elegance and grandeur. The Michelin star Bridges restaurant offers delicious organic seafood and the spa facilities are excellent. Luxury, with the city sights on your doorstep.Spa - Several treatment rooms, an indoor heated swimming pool with jacuzzi, hamman and saunaConference facilities - 17 meeting rooms and banqueting hallsBar - Vinotheque, cigar lounge and bistroRestaurant - Michelin star restaurantRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Breitner House 2 rooms from AU$483Amsterdam
Champagne breakfast and architectural treasures in an elegant and romantic boutique hôtel in the heart of Amsterdam. Just two exquisite suites in this fascinating and beautiful house where impressionists such as George Breitner and Isaac Israel worked in these splendid rooms. An unforgettable treat.Townhouse - The house is decorated with period antiques, original fireplaces and Italian chandeliers, brocades and finest linensSuites - Two sumptuous suites to choose from the george Breitner Suite and Isaac Israel's SuiteHistoric - The house has always been associated with art and literatureBicycles available
The Dylan Hotel 40 rooms from AU$495Amsterdam
On of Amsterdam's coolest canal-side hotels. Contemporary interior design compliments a classical exterior. The individually designed suites exude character and luxury. Don't miss the Michelin starred restaurant or sophisticated lounge bar. A vibrant city escape.Foodies - Michelin starred Vinkeles restaurant serves impeccable cuisine and the lounge bar is one of the hottest spots in the city.City Style - A wonderfully balanced design hotel with the perfect mix of style and practicality, ideally set within the grachtengordel.Local markets - Discover the world’s only floating Flower Market within a 15 minute walk of the hotel.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
Hotel de L'Europe 88 rooms from AU$548Amsterdam
A luxury Five Star hotel on the canal side with Michelin starred restaurants and a state of the art spa. Decadent traditional living areas lead up to opulent rooms and suites. Rich wallpapers, private jacuzzis, marble bathrooms, mahogany furniture. Definitely for the luxury traveller.Foodies - Michelin starred restaurant and others.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.City StyleSwimming Pool - Indoor pool with a jet stream, jacuzzi area and great views over the Amstel River.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Pulitzer Amsterdam 225 rooms from AU$606Amsterdam
Pulitzer Amsterdam consists of 25 interlinked 17th and 18th century canal houses offering luxurious accommodation in the city's centre. They combine modern and traditional Dutch architecture to give it a classical fresh feel and their superb Jansz restaurant is a must visit. A top-notch city stay!Romantic Break - Beautiful accommodation, splendid cuisine and one of Europe's finest cities on your doorstep-perfect for a romantic getawayCity Style - A painstakingly cool and contemporary spot, set within 25 linked canal houses dating back to the 17th centurySights nearby - The Royal Palace, Dam Square and Leidesplein are some of the many attractions just a short distance awayTraditionalRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith