Search the best hotels in Brač
Just a 50-minute ferry ride off the beautiful Dalmatian Coast from Split, Brač is a large island, lush with pines and figs, known for its clear waters and bright white stone buildings (it is Brač stone that the White House in Washington is made from). Many of the best places to stay on Brač are in or around the island’s pretty towns of Supetar and Bol. However, there are also some lovely places to stay in the rocky interior. The best hotels are the converted farmhouses and villas, which have that real Mediterranean feel.
One of its most famous landmarks is the long, white sandy spit called Zlatni Rat, just outside the town of Bol. The spit stretches right into the spectacular Adriatic and a view of this beach appears in a lot of material advertising the beauty of Croatia. Brač also has steep cliffs in places and small, peaceful ports and villages, plus pine forests, vineyards and olive groves, and fig, cherry and almond orchards. So there's no shortage of beautiful scenery and countryside to explore.
The town of Supetar has an historic core of central streets which lead out from the harbour and the views of Split and the mountains behind are quite something. There’s also a nice church and pleasant cafes, bars and restaurants. Bol has a bit more glamour: its small stone houses and winding streets are arranged around a compact but lovely marina.
Although this is a small island, there is plenty to see and do which means that many of the best places to stay on Brač are quickly snapped up, especially during the peak summer months, so do make plans and book ahead early.
The Best Places to Stay on Brač
- The Bracka Perla Agroresort is a traditional Mediterranean hotel with colourful rooms, a gorgeous garden terrace with a pool and stunning sea views. Almost all of the rooms have a kitchenette, so it’s a great option for families looking for a stylish beach break. Just outside Supetar and surrounded by gardens and olive groves.
- Situated in a waterfront position in Supetar, the Hotel Osam is a charming small property with lovely views. Chic rooms offer contemporary interiors alongside plenty of period features. Plus you'll find a roof top bar, international cuisine, an outdoor pool and, with no children allowed, it's perfect for romance!
- Hotel Milna Osam is also adults only and also enjoys a lovely waterfront position, this time in Milna. Rooms are smartly done in a chic contemporary style and most have a balcony with sea views. The additional benefits of a spa and on site restaurant make this a great couples' option.
For a sea view
- Lifestyle Hotel Vitar not only boasts sea views from its rooms, but it also has a gorgeous rooftop pool and outdoor hot tub overlooking the bay. Accommodation is smart and modern and the best rooms come with huge bath tubs and private balconies.
- Situated right on Milna's waterfront, the views from the Hotel Olife are fab! The rooms here offer a chic but simple design and some even come with a kitchenette for those who don't want to eat out every day.
- The Hotel Lemongrarden is the one to book if you'd like a luxury stay. Situated in a lovely old building in the idyllic harbour of Sutivan, it offers a range of bright suites and maisonettes, plus beautiful gardens with pool and direct access to a private beach. The restaurant specialises in delicious Mediterranean dishes, and there's a cool little beach bar which serves light dishes alongside the cocktails! Adults only sophistication.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner booking.com.
- During summer Croatian Airlines runs flights between Zagreb and Brac Airport, but it’s possibly more convenient to travel via Split Airport. There’s a ferry from Split, which arrives in Supetar, and a catamaran from Bol, to Hvar and onwards to the other islands. In summer there’s also a daily ferry service from Dubrovnik.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Summer has the nicest weather, but this is peak time for visiting the Dalmatian Coast and between the cruise ships and those restricted by school holidays, it’s pretty busy. So the best times for most of us to visit are May-June or September-October when the days are long and sunny, the sea is still warm enough to swim in, the attractions and restaurants are all open - but you don’t have to queue for them.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all the 10 best hotels on the Dalmatian Islands, or all the best places to stay on the Dalmatian Coast.
- Consider the best places to stay on Hvar or Korcula.
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Brač
Best Hotels in Brač
Hotel Osam 21 400 Supetar, Brač 24 rooms from €81Beach Life - Beaches in the town, on the island (and on neighbouring islands) provide endless days of sand and sunDiving - The Adriatic is one of Europe's clearest seas making it perfect for divingSights nearby - Discover the beautiful medieval chapels on the island of BracMinimum Stay - 7 nights in the high season
Located on the beautiful island of Brac, this small hotel boasts an enviable spot overlooking the sea. The terraced rooms are classically styled with exposed stone and wooden beams but the furniture is minimal and contemporary. The rooftop bar, ocean-facing pool and organic food are a real plus! See More
Hotel Milna Osam Milna, Brač 29 rooms from €90Beach Life - Set on a sunny Croatian island with direct access to the sea from the hotel, book this hotel for a quiet seaside getawayTotal relaxation - With a great restaurant, charming terrace and lots of sun, book this hotel for ultimate relaxation on your next getawayRomantic Break - Couples love the relaxed atmosphere at this adults-only hotel; book a villa suite for added indulgenceSailing - Charter a luxury yacht at the marina and spend an afternoon lounging in the sun aboard with your own private crew
This stylish, adults-only hotel is situated on the island of Brač in Croatia. Most rooms offer a balcony or terrace with sea views, and the hotel's privileged location on the coast means direct access to the sea from the terrace. With great food and a spa, this hotel offers guests total relaxation. See More
Lifestyle Hotel Vitar Brač 27 rooms from €130Local exploring - Discover Croatia's natural beauty - sites such as Zlatni Rat Beach and Biševo’s Blue Grott are a short distance from the hotelActive Holiday - The picturesque island of Brac plays host to a range of outdoor activities including kitesurfing, fishing and divingBeach Life - Bol has a wonderful range of beaches to choose from including White House Beach, Zlatni Rat and Borak BeachSwimming Pool - The glistening outdoor rooftop pool overlooks the Adriatic Sea
A chic hotel set in the heart of Bol on the island of Brac. Slick rooms are modern with floor to ceiling windows offering wonderful sea views. Unwind beside the rooftop pool or in the hot tub, then finish off your day at the hotel restaurant and bar. The perfect location for a coastal break. See More
Olife Hotel Milna, Brač 20 rooms from €139Families - The self-catering studios are great for families, with lots of living space and an equipped kitchenBeach Life - With its own beach bar and sunbeds, this hotel is perfectly set up for a beach getawayRomantic Break - The romantic seafront setting and cosy rooms make this a favourite with couplesKayaking - Book the Adventure Week package for a holiday jam-packed with activities, including kayaking and caving
A pretty, family-run guesthouse on Brač's seafront. The bright rooms have crisp linens and simple, Mediterranean interior design; the best offer exposed stone details and terraces with sea views. Try a succulent burger in the hotel restaurant or relax at the beach bar. A stylish seaside guesthouse. See More
Bracka Perla Agroresort Brač, Hrvatska, Brač from €239Families - Almost all the rooms have a kitchen, perfect for preparing picnics for children.Garden - Beautiful garden terrace with olive trees and shady spots.Romantic Break - Jacuzzi on the outdoor terrace and hotel spa.Boutique - Each of the rooms is named and designed around a Mediterranean plant.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Lemongarden Sutivan, Brač 35 rooms from €238Beach Life - With its own secluded private beach, this is great spot for a relaxing beach holidayActive Holiday - Bikes are available for free at the hotel; take a cycle ride for a more active breakGroups - The luxury suite can accommodate up to 4 guests and is great for groupsSights nearby - Explore the local area in a convertible Mini Cooper; car hire available at the hotel
This exclusive seaside hotel sits in the idyllic harbour of Sutivan. Nestled behind its colourful, perfectly manicured garden are bright suites and maisonettes with unique designer furnishings. Spend the day on the hotel's secluded private beach or rent a Mini Cooper for a day out; luxury defined. See More