- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
The Best Hotels on the Dalmatian Islands
The Dalmatian Islands are a beautiful bunch, known for their spectacular views of the mainland, their pretty towns and villages, stretches of near perfect beach and historic treasures. Expect variety and expect beauty and you’ll not be disappointed. Choosing the best hotels on the Dalmatian Islands isn’t an easy job. But our Gurus are here to help, and they’ve got some great recommendations throughout the island group.
Their list of the best hotels on the Dalmatian Islands includes some great pit stops for those sailing the region, some wonderfully family friendly resort hotels perfect for a picturesque beach break and some of the most romantic properties you can imagine - we’re talking good enough for Elizabeth Taylor.
What to Expect
Northern Dalmatia stretches from the Kvarner Riviera to Split, including Zadar and Trogir. Split is the largest city in the region, so makes an easy base, and its Old Town, built around a vast Roman palace, is exceptionally beautiful. Zadar is the other large town in the region, again with an impressive Old Town littered with Roman ruins, medieval churches and excellent museums. But Northern Dalmatia is probably better known for its scenery, with some breathtakingly lovely National Parks, and some of the least built up islands of the Dalmatian Group - Pasman and Uglijan are prime examples. Beautiful Pag has some of the region's best sandy beaches, as well as the famous party resort of Novalja.
The most famous Dalmatian islands are in the centre of the region. Start with Solta, just off the coast from Split, and head south and you'll hit Brač, Hvar, Vis and Korčula. Solta is well developed and very visitor-friendly; Brač is lush with pines and figs and is known for its clear waters; Hvar has fertile vineyards, gorgeous beaches, medieval towns and a huge yachting harbour known for its glamorous parties; Vis has more of those lovely, sandy bays and beaches, and Korčula, the largest, is loved by cyclists.
Central Dalmatia is also a place of alpine mountains - those ones which roll picturesquely down to the Mediterranean-feeling coastline - castles and unique cuisine, so it’s worth heading across to the mainland for a look.
The southerly part of the Dalmatian Coast and the southerly Dalmatian Islands are where you'll see palm trees and olive groves along the ribbon of Adriatic blue, but the grey cliffs and peaks are still right behind the coast, so it’s a beautiful sight to sail on by.
And at the end you'll find Dubrovnik. A favourite of famous aesthete Elizabeth Taylor, Dubrovnik's sheltered, emerald harbour, its 13th century walled town and its Stradun, one of the world's most beautiful main streets, are endlessly enchanting. It sounds over the top, but you'll see...
Start planning your trip and use our guide to the best hotels on the Dalmatian Islands to ensure you have the holiday of a lifetime.
The Best Hotels on the Dalmatian Islands
- The Bracka Perla Agroresort is a traditionally Mediterranean feeling boutique hotel on Brač. You’re right on the water and the views are near perfect, especially when seen from the gorgeous garden terrace with a pool. Almost all the rooms have a kitchen, so this is also a good option for families.
- If you’re setting sail out of Dubrovnik, then you might want to spend a few nights in the Boutique Hotel Kazbek, a 13 room hotel beautifully converted from a castle-esque holiday home right on the bay of Lapad. The rooms are traditional, with some wonderful original features. plus there’s a fantastic regional restaurant, a pool and courtyard, and speedboats available to hire.
- The 59 room Adriana Hvar Spa Hotel is strikingly stylish, with its glass façade and roof top bar and located in a prime position on the yacht harbour of Hvar. it’s a boutique spa hotel with echoes of South Beach Miami.
- Also by Hvar’s yacht harbour, right on the promenade, the Riva Yacht Harbour Hotel has 56 contemporary rooms and suites and an excellent seafood restaurant which also offers cooking lessons. The hotel bar is lively in the evenings.
The Most Romantic Hotels on the Dalmatian Islands
- The Lesic Dimitri Palace is a gorgeous collection of boutique apartments right on the Bay of Korčula. As well as having beautiful creamy decor and all the mod. cons., the Palace has a lovely Mediterranean style spa and offers wine tastings. Apartments sleep between two and nine.
- The Villa Vilina on the small island of Lopud, just out of Dubrovnik, is a beautiful stone house right on the water with stunning sea views. There are just 15 rooms, decorated with simple, traditional style. Some have their own private balconies, and there’s a lovely rooftop terrace and pool. There’s also an excellent restaurant.
For a Beach Break
- The 40 room Hotel Podstine is on a beautiful bay surrounded by palms, cypress and hundred year old pines. It has a spa with outdoor pool, Finnish sauna and facilities for treatments, massages etc. There is an excellent seafood restaurant specialising in local wines.
- Martinis Marchi is on Solta, a boat ride from Split, and is an excellent Croatian castle conversion with huge suites sleeping between four and six - so, ideal for families. Especially when you consider how pretty and welcoming the island is!
- If you’d prefer a villa holiday, consider the Villa Meneghello on Hvar. It has just two apartments overlooking the ocean, with white washed walls splashed with colour. There’s a dining terrace, and you can arrange a chef by request. Plus there’s a pool, bikes, table tennis and the beach is basically on your doorstep.
- The Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera isn’t on an island, but it’s right on the Petracane peninsula with panoramic ocean views, so it feels as if it is. This state of the art spa hotel has 110 nautical themed rooms and suites, with a choice of two restaurants, both serving Dalmatian specialities and some great activities for kids.
The Best Value Hotels on the Dalmatian Islands
- Tara’s Lodge on Korčula, is a modern, stylish hotel with 17 sleek, minimalist rooms, whitewashed walls and private balconies facing out onto a secluded, turquoise bay. Rooms start from around £85 per night.
- Closer to Dubrovnik, the Hotel Sipan is a pretty, 76 room hotel in a quiet fishing village on Otok Sipan. The rooms have modern decor, some with private balconies facing out onto the water, and there’s an excellent Mediterranean restaurant. This is a great base for a kayaking adventure.
- Even closer to Dubrovnic, on Lopud, La Villa is an idyllic stone cottage B&B right on the water. There are just eight rooms, decorated in bright colours, and some have wonderful sea views. There is also a lovely sun terrace and garden., which is where the table d’hotes dinner is served as often as possible. This is a remote spot, perfect for snorkelling, diving and kayaking (again).
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels on the Dalmatian Islands might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on the Dalmatian Coast,
- refine your search to the best places to stay on Hvar,
- the best places to stay on Korčula
- the best places to stay in Brač,
- or the best places to stay in Dubrovnik,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Martinis Marchi 7 rooms from £224Maslinica, Dalmatian Coast
A beautiful Croatian castle renovation of the island of Solta, a boat ride from Split. A historic house with beautiful interiors that echo tradition. Enormous suites sleep between 4 and 6, all with private balconies looking onto the pool. Romantic, remote, and family friendly.Families - All the suites sleep 4, some sleep 6.Romantic BreakGroupsSights nearby - Short boat ride into Split
Villa Vilina 15 rooms from £119Dubrovnik, Lopud
A beautiful stone house on Lopud Island with stunning sea views in a privileged location. Simple traditional rooms, some with private balconies, roof top terrace and pool, excellent restaurant and BBQs, and immediate access to the sea. An ideal spot for a peaceful romantic getaway or wedding.Views - On the water's edge the hotel has fantastic sea views.Romantic Break - A romantic paradies on a small island.Swimming Pool - Roof top pool with views.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
Lesic Dimitri Palace from £299Korčula, Korcula
Gorgeous collection of boutique apartments in the Bay of Korcula. Creamy, chic suites with all the mod-cons. Variety of watersports in the beautiful bay, Mediterranean spa and wine-tasting in the hotel. Ideal for families or romantic breaks in the sun.Families - Boutique apartments sleep 2 to 9 peopleRomantic BreakSpa - All treatments are influenced by the Silk Road, Thailand and the Mediterranean, it's a truly unique experienceCooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Boutique Hotel Kazbek 13 rooms from £187Dubrovnik
A luxury boutique castle hotel, previously a holiday home, in the heritage bay of Lapad. Stunning rooms and suites, traditional in style with wooden beamed ceilings and attractive furnishings. Fantastic regional restaurant, pool and courtyard, and speed boats to hire.Beach LifeTraditional - The summer castle of a Croatian noble family.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Johansens
Riva Yacht Harbour Hotel 56 rooms from £79Hvar
A buzzing hotel on Hvar's promenade. Contemporary chic rooms and suites have all the mod cons, white furnishings, and splashes of modern photography. Excellent seafood restaurant, cooking lessons, and a lively bar in the evenings. A hot spot for young couples.City Style - A thriving spot with excellent food and lively after-dark DJs.Lively - A lively spot next to Carpe Diem.Outstanding location - Located on Hvar's pier.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - I Escape
Villa Meneghello from £300Hvar
A dreamy villa, or two apartments, overlooking the sea front. Charming boutique rooms have white washed walls and splashes of colour. Kitchen and dining terrace, chef on request, pool, bikes, cinema, and beaches on its doorstep. Ideal for a family or groups of friends. 7 nights only peak season.Families - The ideal spot for families: shallow beaches, table tennis, bikes, cinema, chef on request.GroupsViews - Great views from hotelLocal markets - Croatian designers stocked in boutiques in Hvar town.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Podstine 42 rooms from £128Hvar
A charming hotel two bays away from Hvar Old Town. Located on the water's edge, a perfect sunbathing and diving spot. Beachy rooms and suites in vibrant colours with private balconies. Fabulous seafood restaurant, pool, and spa treatments. A super choice for a beach holiday.Views - On the sea face the hotel has unrivalled oceanic views.Beach LifeSpa - Featuring gym, Finnish sauna, hot tub and wide range of treatments and massages.Sights nearby - Boat visits to Vis or Brac islands.Recommended by - I Escape
Bracka Perla Agroresort from £207Brač, Hrvatska, Brač
Traditional Mediterranean boutique on the island of Brac. Colourful Mediterranean rooms, gorgeous garden terrace with pool, stunning sea views, and a spa. Perfect for a beach holiday on a sunny island. Not far from all the attractions and boat life.Families - Almost all the rooms have a kitchen, perfect for preparing picnics for children.Garden - Beautiful garden terrace with olive trees and shady spots.Romantic Break - Jacuzzi on the outdoor terrace and hotel spa.Traditional - Made from traditional Brac StoneRecommended by - I Escape
Tara's Lodge 17 rooms from £132Korčula, Korcula
A modern stylish hotel situated on a stunning secluded bay on Korcula. Sleek minimalist rooms with white washed walls and bay facing balconies. By day explore the areas beautiful coastline and in the evening relax in the bar and admire the stunning views. A grown up and indulgent getaway.Beach Life - A beautiful beachside hotel, in the charming village of Zrnovska Banja with suites and terraces overlooking the turquoise bay.Local exploring - A perfect launchpad for exploring the fascinating island of Korcula, either by land or by sea.Fishing - Sea fishing trips can be organised by the hotel, a great way to spend an afternoon.Sights nearby - History buffs must visit St. Blaise's Fortress just a mile from the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Sipan 76 rooms from £39Hrvatska, Dalmatian Coast
Idyllic seaside hotel in fisherman's village. Contemporary rooms have light wood furniture, artworks and some with sea facing balconies. Excellent Mediterranean cuisine using local, organic produce. Pretty and great value.Beach Life - Plenty of hidden bays to discover by boat or kayak, stroll through pretty harbour or wander down to one of many sandy beachesKayaking - Only a kayak will enable you to swim in the most secluded and most beautiful spotsSights nearby - Skočibuha Castle and the Church of the Holy Spirit in SuđurađSailing - From Sipanska Luka Harbor
Adriana Hvar Spa Hotel 59 rooms from £134Hvar
A fabulous spa hotel in a prime spot in Hvar overlooking the bay. Contemporary chic rooms and suites with all the mod cons and balconies. Top of the range spa, excellent Mediterranean cuisine and roof terrace restaurant, and close to all the attractions. Gourmet, pampering, romantic.Wellbeing - The hotel is designed for total pampering.Outstanding location - Fantastically located on the bay front.Spa breaks - Top of the range spa.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - I Escape
La Villa, Lopud 8 rooms from £62Lopud
An idyllic stone cottage B&B on the waterfront. Contemporary boutique rooms in bright colours, gorgeous open terraces with sea views, excellent table d'hotes with produce straight from the garden. Snorkelling, diving, exploring. An active beach holiday in a remote spot.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Franciscan monasteries and medieval churches, 16th-century Renaissance gardens of Trsteno Arboretum, 24km NW of Dubrovnik.Remote - Just 220 inhabitants on the island, no cars, and village stone cottages.Kayaking - A great way to explore the Elafiti islands.Recommended by - I Escape
Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera 110 rooms from £191Petrčane, Dalmatian Coast
A fabulous contemporary spa hotel on the Petrcane peninsula. Panoramic ocean views, a state of the art spa covering two floors, fantastic Dalmatian cuisine, and charming nautical themed rooms and suites with all the mod cons. A sophisticated choice for a spa and beach holiday, family friendly too.Foodies - Dalmatian specialities in two restaurants.Spa breaks - A two floor state of the art spa.Families - Plenty of children's activities.Luxury