Search the best hotels in Cincinnati
Brimming with heritage charm and a friendly modern-day buzz, Cincinnati is a superb destination for arts, culture and history aficionados. Perched on the banks of the Ohio River, the city boomed as a hub for trade and industry — a legacy which can still be felt in its impressive architecture and fascinating blend of cultures. Charles Dickens went so far as to claim that Cincinnati — “beautiful, cheerful, thriving and animated” — was the only US city that he really liked. Today’s accommodation options range from cosy B&Bs to trendy city hotels, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. The best places to stay in Cincinnati are clustered around the downtown area and the river, perfect for deciding whether Dickens was on to something.
For a real insight into the Queen City’s past, explore the scenic Over-The-Rhine neighbourhood, where a significant German-Catholic community once lived. The area is now the largest National Historic District in the country. Visit the Cincinnati Museum Centre in the spectacular 1933 Union Terminal building, stroll around the Cincinnati Art Museum or see the Contemporary Arts Centre. The National Underground Railroad Freedom Centre is particularly intriguing — Cincinnati’s proximity to Kentucky made it popular with abolitionists aiding enslaved people to escape.
Outdoorsy travellers will delight in ambling around the Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum, walking across the John A Roebling Suspension Bridge or jogging and cycling around the city’s various picturesque parks. Findlay Market is also a highlight. Cincinnati’s long river boating heritage means that there are plenty of opportunities to appreciate the city’s skyline from out on the water, too.
If you’re travelling as a family, head to the aquarium or the zoo. Baseball fans should catch a game at the Great American Ball Park. The Cincinnati Reds were America’s first professional team and they have an enormously dedicated following!
Round off your days at trendy bars or gourmet restaurants before retreating to one of the best places to stay in Cincinnati.
The Best Places to Stay in Cincinnati
For an Intimate B&B
- Weller Haus is a five-bedroom B&B near the river in Greater Cincinnati. Pick this place for the warm welcome, the intimate vibe and the big whirlpool tubs. Very cosy for couples, friends, or solo travellers.
For Families or Groups
- Graduate Cincinnati has a bright, upbeat feel, with retro-inspired interiors. Right on the University of Cincinnati campus, this is a top pick for anyone visiting students. Families and groups will appreciate the flexible room configurations. There's a buzzy bar and eatery, a gym, meeting facilities and bikes to zip around the city. Fun and youthful.
For City Style
- 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati is a favourite amongst art lovers. This sleek city hotel boasts its own modern art gallery, with a programme of fantastic exhibitions and events throughout the year. There's an excellent gourmet eatery and a soothing spa, too. In the city centre.
- Kinley Cincinnati promises a seriously cool, sophisticated stay in a building dating back to 1910. A trendy downtown spot for couples, friends or business travellers, this hip hotel has an acclaimed restaurant, an atmospheric cocktail bar, and a state-of-the-art gym. The Art Deco touches are gorgeous.
For Historic Grandeur
- The Lytle Park Hotel offers an elegant base for exploring Cincinnati as a couple, or whilst on business. Once a favourite meeting place of the city's 20th-century elite, this grand heritage landmark has been transformed into a luxurious hotel with spacious suites, a fabulous fitness centre, chic eateries and a rooftop bar promising panoramic city views. A very special wedding venue, adjoining Lytle Park.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, just 13 miles from Cincinnati. There are also regular Amtrak rail service to the city from destinations such as New York and Chicago.
- Ohio is a wonderful region to explore by road! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for pleasant temperatures. The summers can be particularly busy.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our pick of all the best places to stay in Cleveland.
- Broaden your search to include the best places to stay in Ohio.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Cincinnati
Best Hotels in Cincinnati
Graduate Cincinnati Cincinnati 203 rooms from €143Local exploring - Perfectly located for gameday weekends, college visits, and museum hoppingCity Style - Expect a distinct style with playful colours and fun retro designRestaurant - Poindexter serves all day breakfasts plus sandwiches and light bitesLocal markets - Sample local produce at Findlay Market
Located right on the University of Cincinnati campus, this is a trendy stay with a central location. College cool reigns throughout, expect bold colours and retro-inspired design with a distinctly Ohio touch. It may be youthful, but this hotel is polished from the amenities to the service. See More
Weller Haus Cincinnati 5 rooms from €161Business meetings - A well equipped event centre (kitchenette, quality video & sound systems, and break-out lounge) makes this ideal for conventionsRomantic Break - Rooms with whirlpool tubs spacious enough for two and working fireplaces, are a perfect setting for romanceWhirlpool Bathtub - All the suites feature whirlpool bathsTraditional
A charming B&B located near the river in Greater Cincinnati. Five individually styled suites are spacious yet cosy with antiques, traditional fabrics, and most have fireplaces. Bathrooms are a serious affair and each is equipped with an enormous whirlpool tub. An indulgent base for local exploring. See More
21c Museum Hotel, Cincinnati Cincinnati 156 rooms from €233Sights nearby - The Aronoff Center for the Arts is located just a short walk away, and the Taft Museum of Art is less than 2km from the hotel.Restrictions on children - No children can be accomodated at the hotel.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Tablet
Chic, sleek accommodations with an onsite modern art gallery. Laid-back elegance defines the interiors, where splashes of colour cut through a neutral palette to create a fresh ambiance, and with carefully selected furniture to complete the look. Gym, spa. Sustainable fare served in the restaurant. See More
Kinley Cininnati Cincinnati 94 rooms from €269City Style - Sleek and stylish with a strong sense of place; this is an in-demand place to rest your head for both business and leisureRomantic Break - Custom-made 'date night' package offers a romantic five-course dinner served in your own Corner King SuiteLocal exploring - Located in the heart of the city's downtown; sites, restaurants and entertainment are all walking distanceGroups - Cosy Bunk Room sleeps four across two sets of bunk beds; it can work for friends, families or colleagues
A luxury city hotel with rich history situated in heart of the downtown. Designer decor, chic furnishings and of-the-moment technology combine with period architecture to create an on-trend feel. High-tech gym, acclaimed restaurant and buzzing bar with Art Deco influences make this the place to be. See More
The Lytle Park Hotel Cincinnati 106 rooms from €284Local exploring - Lytle Park historic district offers museums, theatres, historic architecture, performing arts centres and leafy city parkCity Style - Enjoy contemporary drinks and dining in impressive and inviting historical setting with bags of style and characterRoof terrace - Vista at Lytle Park offers stunning panoramic views over the Cincinnati skylineRestaurant - Boasts impressive dining options with Italian bistro, soaring Lobby Bar, Vista Bar and private dining options
Grand historic downtown property exquisitely converted into on-the-pulse contemporary wonder. Rooms are the epitome of elegance with soothing blue tone colour scheme, luxury amenities and top of the range facilities. Lobby and Vista bars are stand-out, offering stunning settings and atmosphere. See More