Search the best hotels in Benodet
Taken from the Breton for 'mouth of the Odet', Benodet has a picturesque positioning overlooking the point where the river runs out to sea. A popular place for sailing and beach going, Benodet is made for people who enjoy the sun and sea. Not famed for its historic and cultural attractions, Benodet's biggest asset is its beautiful surrounding scenery. For this reason some of the best places to stay in Benodet are actually just outside of the town itself.
Things to do:
- Beaches are very much the order of the day in Benodet. Some of the nicest include Kermoor, Beg Meil and Mousterlin.
- Boat trips are a great way to explore the surrounding area. Take a day trip out to Glenan Islands or visit the traditional village of Sainte Marine.
- Benodet is home to a couple of churches that are worth visiting: the Church of Clohars-Fouesnant and the Chapel of Sainte-Brigitte de Perguet.
Given its beautiful position on the coast of Brittany, the best places to stay in Benodet tend to have excellent views out over the sea.
The best places to stay in Benodet
For a rustic stay
- Set on a charming farm a short way outside Benodet, La Ferme de Kerscuntec is full of character. With spacious, comfortable rooms and beautiful surrounding grounds, it's a great spot for a relaxing rural break.
For harbour views
- Right in the heart of Benodet, Hotel et Bistro du Bac encapsulates the town's seaside vibe. With lovely nautical themed rooms that overlook the harbour and an excellent fish restaurant, it's a great base from which to explore the coastal charms of Benodet.
- Sumptuous seafood, an atmospheric bar and delightful rooms are the orders of the day at Villa Tri Men. With excellent family sized cottages just a couple of minutes walk from the beach, it's a great choice for trips with the kids.
For good value
- La Ferme Saint Vennec is a laid-back B&B on the coast of Brittany. A few miles outside Benodet, the guesthouse features lovely rooms, an outdoor pool and beautiful gardens. A great low-cost option.
For a private apartment or cottage
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Benodet is Brest (42 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Benodet to enjoy its natural bounties is from June to September, when the temperature sits in the twenties.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Benodet
La ferme Saint Vennec Benodet (Sainte Marine) 7 rooms from £68Families - The self-catering cottages are ideal for families to prepare picnics before setting off to the beachesGroups - The largest cottage can hold 10 people, and with the gardens, pool and coast, something for everyoneSights nearby - Quimper Cathedral and 13th century rampartsFishing - Ile Tudy fisherman village is 2km awayRecommended by - Michelin Travel
La Ferme de Kerscuntec Benodet (Kerscuntec) 5 rooms from £74Romantic BreakSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Great walks - Good for walkers.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Sawdays
Hotel et Bistro du Bac Benodet 11 rooms from £83Local exploring - A cosy and picturesque base for exploring Brittany.Foodies - Gorge on local seafood overlooking the harbour.Fishing - Spend a day fishing on the Glénan Islands.Great walks - Take a gentle stroll along the coast.
A quaint small hotel a-top of a seafood bistro overlooking the picturesque harbour. Charming nautical themed rooms with large windows, blue and white colouring and pretty tiled bathrooms. Dine on fresh seafood bought straight from the local catch. A wonderfully quintessentially French experience. See More
Villa Tri Men Benodet (Sainte Marine) 20 rooms from £105Families - Cottages are perfect family sized, minutes from the beach, something for everyone in a laid back atmosphereSights nearby - Quimper Cathedral; The coastal battery and FortGreat walks - Benodet Beach is very close bySailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
A modern hotel on the coast. Contemporary rooms are finished with seaside furnishings and wooden floors. Outstanding seafood cuisine, elegant bar and library area, large gardens. Full of light, fireplaces and coastal breezes. The ultimate choice for a seaside family holiday. See More