Search the best hotels in Norfolk
A dream destination for ramblers, birdwatchers or sea-faring folk eager to get out on the water, Norfolk is also home to ancient castles and historic market towns. Known for its peace and natural beauty, Norfolk is an immensely popular destination with an abundance of accommodation options — from low-key B&Bs to elegant boutique hotels fit for a range of budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Norfolk are hidden away in pretty rural or seaside villages, but some of our favourites offer a warm welcome in bustling markets towns, ideal for lovers of history and culture.
Some of Our Norfolk Collections:
- 7 of Norfolk's Most Romantic Hotels
- 12 of The Best Hotels on the North Norfolk Coast
- 16 of The Best Pubs with Rooms In Norfolk
- 3 of the Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in Norfolk
- Country house hotels in Norfolk
- Luxury hotels in Norfolk
- Hotels with sea views in Norfolk
- Best bed and breakfasts in Norfolk
- Boutique hotels in Norfolk
- Best Norfolk beach hotels
- Unusual places to stay in Norfolk
- Family hotels in Norfolk
- Dog friendly accommodation in Norfolk
Famed for its expanse of green fields, laced with waterways which give way to marshes, dunes and the sea, Norfolk is an outdoorsy traveller’s paradise. Inland, the rolling countryside is criss-crossed by footpaths and dotted with woods and unspoilt flint villages, and there are walking options aplenty – from gentle rambles to serious hikes. Popular routes include The Peddars Way, following an ancient Roman road, and The North Norfolk Coast Path, though pubs and hotels will be happy to point you in the right direction for the best rambles in the area. Cyclists can zip across the countryside on two wheels, whilst birdwatchers will delight in countless nature reserves — detailed by the Norfolk Wildlife Trust — as well as in the particular tranquility of the Norfolk Broads.
If you’re eager to hit the water, stay in one of Norfolk’s relaxed coastal villages and try your hand at sailing, boating or fishing, before feasting on delectable Cromer crabs or tasty fresh fish. Little ones will adore crabbing off piers or spotting wildlife amidst the rivers and marshes – this is a lovely county to visit as a family if you’re keen to fuel a love of the great outdoors.
Those looking to base themselves in town, on the other hand, will find lots to see and do in both Norwich and King's Lynn. From the impressive cathedral to the Norman Castle, Norwich is appealingly historic, whilst also offering ready access to the restful Norfolk Broads. Catch a play at the Theatre Royal and treat yourself to a delicious dinner at a top-notch restaurant, before heading out to enjoy the city’s buzzing nightlife. King's Lynn is a charming market town filled with merchants' houses and winding streets — again, an attractive base for a weekend away — as are the pretty towns of Holt, Swaffham and Burnham Market.
Many of the best places to stay in Norfolk are historic pubs, offering fantastic food, a friendly welcome and beautifully-appointed bedrooms. Pubs aside, we also have some gorgeous townhouse hotels to recommend, as well as laid-back rural hideaways and smart foodie hotspots. Whether you’re travelling as a couple, as a family or with a great group of friends, Norfolk offers the perfect opportunity to unwind amidst wonderful natural surroundings. This is an increasingly popular destination — especially during the school holidays — so do book your stay well in advance to avoid missing out!
The Best Places to Stay in Norfolk
For the seaside
- The White Horse at Branscombe occupies one of the best locations on the north Norfolk coastline. Directly overlooking the waterfront, it has panoramic views of tidal marshes and endless sandy beaches. The nautical bedrooms don’t let the side down either, and the food is great.
- The Blakeney Hotel is a lovely traditional hotel with 64 classic, comfortable rooms, a charming restaurant and a wonderful indoor pool. The striking location ensures impressive views of Blakeney’s small harbour and marshlands, making this an excellent seaside pick for ramblers.
For a city stay
- The Bank House is a beautiful 18th century townhouse in the historic centre of King’s Lynn. Built as the home of a wealthy merchant before it became a bank, the property is now an 11 bedroom family-owned hotel, with cosy rooms boasting lovely period features. The Brasserie comes highly recommended! A great city stay.
- 38 St Giles is a small, boutique B&B with six bedrooms and two suites near Norwich’s Theatre Royal, Maddermarket and the Forum. Think kingsize beds, smart bathrooms with L’Occitane toiletries and hearty breakfasts. A chic city bolthole.
For a rural retreat
- Titchwell Manor is a luxurious boutique hotel with 26 pretty rooms, featuring big cosy beds and colourful wallpaper. Enjoy modern European cuisine in the conservatory restaurant — which boasts 3 AA Rosettes — admire tranquil views and unwind in the secluded gardens. A rural escape for foodies or families.
- Briarfields is a classic, family-friendly hotel with 22 contemporary rooms and period features. Overlooking the Titchwell marshes and close to the Coastal Walk, this is a popular spot for ramblers and birdwatchers. The bright restaurant is a big hit, and dogs are welcome.
- Norfolk Mead is a charming red-brick country house nestled amongst the waterways. Smart rooms, suites and cottages are individually-decorated in soothing tones, there’s a 2 AA Rosette restaurant focusing on locally-sourced fare, and there are verdant grounds to explore. The hotel boat is a big plus!
For a B&B
- Magazine Wood is an intimate three-bedroom B&B in Hunstanton, just a short walk from the dramatic north Norfolk coast. Think spacious, airy rooms with garden views and smart bathrooms. There are great restaurants nearby, and hot food can be arranged to order. A relaxing choice offering plenty of privacy.
- Old Town Hall House promises four boutique rooms with colourful decor and impressive views. Located in the small village of Cley-Next-To-Sea, this B&B is wonderfully private, and great for romantic beach walks. Don’t miss the Friday night supper club!
For a Pub with rooms
- The Wiveton Bell is a great pub pick, serving modern British fare in an enviable coastal location. Six chic rooms feature crisp white sheets and painted antiques, creating a soothing vibe. Ideal for well-heeled couples, as well as golfers — there are fantastic courses nearby!
- The Dabbling Duck promises charming rooms with wrought-iron beds in a quaint village pub. The excellent restaurant specialities in game, dogs are welcome and there’s stacks of walking and birdwatching to be done in the surrounding countryside.
- The Chequers Inn is a 16th century inn with smart, contemporary rooms featuring chic white and grey decor in Thornham. Base yourself here for a grown-up fusion of old and new, fabulous food and easy access to the north coast and the Holme Dunes Nature Reserve.
- The Fritton Arms in Fritton, just above Lowestoft, is a fabulous 15th century property with nine bright and beautiful bedrooms, a welcoming sitting room with a log fire and a gourmet restaurant. A characterful pub choice — fun patterned decor makes it a real standout.
- The Victoria Inn is the perfect spot for a family holiday. With Holkham Beach just a walk away and Holkham Estate nearby, there’s lots to keep everyone entertained. The lively restaurant serves great food (and has children’s menus), whilst the 20 well-appointed rooms include a spacious family attic. Dogs are welcome in ground-floor bedrooms and dining areas. A warm, welcoming family choice!
- The Bedingfeld Arms in Oxborough is a cosy country inn with nine recently renovated rooms featuring classic wooden furnishings and traditional fabrics. Families can bag adjoining rooms, and it’s also dog friendly. Pick this place for its welcoming family feel, great pub and excellent location for exploring North Norfolk. Oxburgh Manor — a National Trust property — is just five minutes away.
- Byfords promises a charming country stay in the oldest building in Holt. Rooms are cosy and characterful, with leather armchairs, Bang & Olufsen speakers and lovely bathrooms — which also have underfloor heating. Enjoy tasty treats in the deli and hide away together in blissful tranquility.
- Strattons Hotel is an elegant 10-room boutique hotel with gorgeous, funky decor and a popular restaurant famed for its afternoon teas and award-winning English cooking. A pretty hideaway in Swaffham, perfect for an indulgent couples’ escape!
- The Harper offers beautifully-appointed luxury accommodation, with four-poster beds and big monsoon showers. Whilst children are welcome, this feels more like a stylish couples’ retreat. Expect a hot tub, outdoor pool and pampering spa, as well as an excellent restaurant.
- Cley Windmill is a romantic B&B with warm rooms housed in a carefully restored 18th century windmill. With views of the marshes of Cley and a pretty shingle beach, this is a peaceful, welcoming spot. Primarily a B&B, the hotel also has a small gourmet restaurant, open 5 nights a week — do pre-book for a wonderfully atmospheric evening.
- Morston Hall, a 13-room country house hotel in the small coastal village of Morston, boasts a Michelin-starred restaurant and 3 AA Rosettes, making it a real foodie favourite. Pick this place for a laid-back village feel, traditional rooms overlooking mature gardens, and the chance of a cookery class or demonstration. Get stuck in!
- The Dial House is a lively marketplace restaurant with eight individually-decorated bedrooms in the quiet town of Reepham. Pick this place for old-world glamour and relaxed gourmet fare. The restaurant has 2AA Rosettes and prides itself on serving local, seasonal produce in a bistro-style setting. A romantic foodie favourite.
Prefer a holiday cottage or apartment?
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Norwich International Airport is just four miles from the centre of town, and there are regular flights from around the UK and from Amsterdam. Alternatively, you can travel via ferry from Amsterdam or Rotterdam to Harwich, or catch the train from London (Liverpool St Station) to Norwich.
- Norfolk is a wonderful region to explore by road. If you would like to rent a car, we suggest that you contact our online partner Rentalcars.
- July and August are Norfolk’s warmest months, with temperatures reaching average highs of around 23°C, making this the best time to visit. Come during the spring for cooler weather and to avoid the crowds — October and November are the rainiest months.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the the best places to stay in Norwich.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best hotels on the North Norfolk Coast.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Norfolk
Best Hotels in Norfolk
The Harper North Norfolk 32 rooms from £175Spa - With indoor pool, steam room, sauna and hot tub, plus MASAJ therapists to tease out your strains.Hideaway - Not far from Norfolk's big beachesGreat walks - Beautiful beaches nearbySwimming Pool - Stone-clad pool
Bedingfeld Arms Oxborough, Norfolk 9 rooms from £69Foodies - Locally sourced meats and a private vegetable garden provide the ingredients for hearty, healthy and traditional fareHideaway - Withdraw and unwind in the heart of rural Norfolk, miles away from the demanding buzz of modern life.Families - Some rooms adjoin and the connecting doors can be opened, which is ideal for families with children.Country Escape - A more gentle pace of life - crisp early-morning woodland walks await at the Bedingfield Arms.
Cosy countryside inn offering comfort and tranquillity. Recently renovated rooms are inviting with classic wooden furniture, traditional fabrics and carefully considered colour schemes. The heart of the inn is its authentic pub restaurant and bar space with fireplace and armchairs. Dog-friendly. See More
Chalk & Cheese North Norfolk 6 rooms from £70Local exploring - A characterful and classically British base to explore the pretty Norfolk coast from.Great walks - Find picturesque walking trails starting from nearby the property.Quirky - An experience!Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
A charming Victorian schoolhouse turned B&B, plus self catering cottage and lodges, set on a pretty village green near the Norfolk coast. Brimming with character throughout the rooms are a mix of chintz fabrics, antiques and traditional artwork. Expect hearty breakfasts and superb walking country. See More
The Wiveton Bell Holt, Norfolk 6 rooms from £75Country Escape - A quaint pub near the coastal salt marshes, eat traditional hearty cuisine and go for long walks. A rural haven.Value chic - A great value stay in the Great British countrysideGreat walks - Gorgeous coastal walks along picturesque beaches and across the salt marshes.Sailing - A number of sailing clubs to choose from in the area.
A traditional country inn boasting an enviable coastal location. Chic rooms mix contemporary style with classical charm; think soft hues, antique style furniture and the odd exposed beam against a smart white finish. An excellent restaurant serves up a modern British fare. A stunning rural escape. See More
Manor House Farm King's Lynn, Norfolk 6 rooms from £85Garden - Set in 4 acres of wonderful, beautifully maintained gardens.Sights nearby - Fifteen minutes drive from the historic Houghton Hall, with its lovely gardens and superb collection of contemporary art.Great walks - The nearby coastline is dotted with lovely beaches and excellent walking trails.Local markets - Take a trip to nearby Burnham Market.
The Ship Hotel North Norfolk 9 rooms from £90Local exploring - Perfectly positioned for exploring north-west Norfolk's stately homes and picturesque coastline.Birdwatching - Just down the road is the RSPB Titchwell Marsh home to numerous migratory birds.Sights nearby - Spend an afternoon visiting the nearby Holkham Hall and Houghton Hall.Great walks - Take long walks along the secenic coastline.
A charming village pub ideally located to explore this north-western part of Norfolk. The rooms, following a refurbishment, have a fresh feel with soft hues, well placed pieces of art, crisp white linen and beamed ceilings. The bar is atmospheric and the restaurant serves up innovative fare. See More
Church Farm House King's Lynn, Norfolk 3 rooms from £90Local exploring - A great base from which to explore Sandringham and North Norfolk.Sights nearby - Two miles from the historic Houghton Hall.
Goldings King's Lynn (North Norfolk) 6 rooms from £91Local exploring - With its prime location in the centre of town, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in and around NorfolkFamilies - With larger suites available that can accommodate children, this pub with rooms is a great option for familiesCountry Escape - Located in a traditional country pub, this hotel makes for an authentic rural retreatLocal markets - Wander around Lynn's bustling markets held on Tuesday's and Saturday's at the Market Place
This charming historic pub with rooms in Norfolk. Chic guestrooms feature plush linens, sink-into carpets and contemporary furniture; book the Rush Suite for heritage features and family-sized living space. Unwind in the cosy pub after a long walk; an inviting country escape. See More
The Boathouse Norfolk East Coast Norfolk 6 rooms from £81Country Escape - This is a great spot for a rural escape, with a national park as well as the beautiful Norfolk coast within easy distanceFoodies - Foodies will love the pub's gastro dining experience, offering contemporary British dishes in a cosy atmosphereFamilies - The self-catering lodges are great for families travelling with childrenGreat walks - Bask in the picturesque Norfolk coastline on a long walk; your hosts will be happy to give you pointers on pretty routes
This charming renovated pub with rooms sits on the waterside in Norfolk. Simple interiors combine contemporary design with rustic touches, from pine fittings to exposed beams; book a luxury lodge for separate living space and self-catering facilities. Dine in the gastropub; a cosy rural getaway. See More
Black Lion Hotel Norfolk 6 rooms from £95Country Escape - A quaint small Inn in a pretty historic village; think good ale, roaring fires and long walks.Sights nearby - Visit the Marian shrine and its ancient abbey within Little Walsingham itself.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque Sculthorpe Moor Nature Reserve.Traditional
A beautifully refurbished inn set in a historical village. Six individually styled rooms keep their original period features, the walls are white-washed and there are just a few carefully placed artefacts. A fantastic restaurant serves British classics using the finest local produce. See More
The Gunton Arms Thorpe Market, Norfolk 8 rooms from £95Views - Views of the deer parkRestaurant - Recommended.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
The White Horse Blakeney Norfolk 9 rooms from £99Total relaxation - Unwind in this coastal property with well appointed rooms, a cosy bar and exemplary restaurant in a quiet corner of Norfolk.Sights nearby - Visit the Halls at Blickling, Felbrigg, Holkham, Houghton and Sandringham House..Sailing - Sail from Blakeley Point and spot the local seals.Great walks - Bring your boots and set out on a coastal walk.
A contemporary pub situated in the pretty coastal village of Blakeley. Chic rooms are bright and airy with white-washed walls, crisp white linen, exposed beams and monochrome soft furnishings. Dine in the laid-back restaurant serving innovative British fare. A charming stay. See More
The Crown Hotel Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk 17 rooms from £100Local exploring - Located in a lively beachside town ideally placed for accessing Norfolk's coastline and main sites.Sights nearby - The county is host to a number of stately homes including Sandringham Estate, Sheringham Park and Houghton Hall.Great walks - Embark on long walks along some of the 43 miles of coastline Norfolk has to offer.Sailing - Take a seal spotting trip to Blakeney Harbour.
Holly Lodge Norfolk 6 rooms from £100Country Escape - A quintessentially British stay. Pretty cottages, friendly service and scenic gardens.Sailing - For sailing lessons head to the schools in Blakeney and Brancaster.Great walks - Take a hotel map and explore the picturesque Norfolk Coastal PathBirdwatching - Norfolk has an ever-changing range of migrant and wading birds.Recommended by - Sawdays
The Dabbling Duck Great Massingham, Norfolk 9 rooms from £100Local exploring - Ideal for exploring the surrounding Norfolk countryside, with dogs welcome and special dog menus.Birdwatching - Twitchers will be pleased to hear there is great birdwatching at the Titchwell Nature Reserve.Sights nearby - Visit the Queen's christmas retreat, Sandringham Estate.Great walks - The Pensthorpe Nature Reserve has great woodland walks.Recommended by - Sawdays
Troon Cottage Hunstanton, Norfolk 4 rooms from £105Local exploring - Ideally situated to explore all Norfolk has to offer.Sights nearby - Visit the country estates of Sandringham, Holkham and Houghton.Great walks - Embark on long coastal walks starting from the town itself.Birdwatching - The north Norfolk coast is world famous for bird watching.Recommended by - Sawdays
A delightful Edwardian townhouse in the historic town of Hunstanton. Traditionally dressed rooms are utterly charming with antiques, chandeliers and chintz fabrics. The bathrooms, however, are a more modern affair. Available half the year for self-catering, it's the ideal spot for a family holiday. See More
Magazine Wood Hunstanton, Norfolk 3 rooms from £105Great walks - Wonderful walks both coastal and inland for all abilities. Magazine Wood has direct access to the Peddars Way.Sights nearby - There are plenty of galleries and stately homes to visit for culture vulturesLocal markets - There are a wide range of farmers' markets to be discovered.Birdwatching - The North Norfolk coast is renowned for its bird life
Intimate, friendly B&B set within walking distance of the dramatic Norfolk coast. The B&B emphasises privacy and relaxation, with well-equipped en-suite bathrooms and the provisions for making your own breakfast as standard. Hot food also made to order, and it is surrounded by renowned restaurants. See More
Norfolk Courtyard Norfolk 4 rooms from £105Country Escape - A luxurious rural base surrounded by some serious natural beauty.Birdwatching - Described as the ‘bird watching capital of Britain’ with many major nature reserves including nearby Pensthorpe and Titchwell.Sights nearby - Visit Castle Acre one of the largest and best preserved monastic sites in England.Full of character
A charming B&B boasting a secluded spot in the beautiful Norfolk countryside. Individually styled rooms are light and airy with a contemporary British country house feel. Indulgent breakfasts are served in a converted barn. A delightful respite after a day spent exploring outdoors. See More
The Lifeboat Inn Thornham, Norfolk 13 rooms from £105Country Escape - The ideal rural escape: fire lit lounges, cosy bedrooms, coastal walks and fabulous food.Sights nearby - Visit the houses, gardens and museums of grand stately homes such as Sandringham Estate and Holkham Hall.Birdwatching - North Norfolk is the UK's birdwatching capital and just over a mile from Thornham is RSPB Titchwell.Great walks - Discover the coastline, forests, parks and gardens of Norfolk.Recommended by - Sawdays
A charming rural inn set in an enviable location on Norfolk's beautiful coastline. Atmospheric rooms have undergone a sensitive renovation bringing some contemporary style yet keeping the original charm. Downstairs find a warm fire lit lounge, buzzing bar and exemplary restaurant. See More
The Chequers Inn Hunstanton, Norfolk 11 rooms from £108Local exploring - Explore historic Thornham and head off hiking around the areaFoodies - Enjoy absolutely divine dishes from the restaurantGreat walks - Thornham is situated in the midst of the beautiful Holme Dunes National Nature ReserveSights nearby - Visit the stunning Sandringham House Museum & Grounds, 15 km awayRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Set in a 16th-century building, The Chequers Inn is located in the village of Thornham. Combines original features (think oak beams and flagstone floors) with chic boutique accommodation. Whites, blues and greys echo the property's coastal nature. Features a one Rosette restaurant! A charming stay. See More
Old Town Hall House Norfolk 4 rooms from £110Country Escape - Old Town Hall House enjoys a wonderfully serene location that will help you feel a million miles away from all your troubles.Romantic Break - A quiet atmosphere, great food and long walks on the beach make this a top spot for romantic getawaysFoodies - Absolutely scrumptous two-course dinners served up on Wednesday and Sunday eveningsSights nearby - Visit the 14th century St Margaret’s Church of Cley, a wonderful example of medieval architectureRecommended by - CN Traveller
Old Town Hall House is situated in the small village of Cley next the Sea. This AA 5* property offers four boutique rooms featuring colourful wallpapers and boasting impressive views of the surrounding area. Be sure to join in with the three-course Friday Night Supper Club in the restaurant! See More
The Kings Head Holt (North Norfolk) 4 rooms from £110Country Escape - Expect fantastic food, warm service, open fireplaces and excellent walking country.Great walks - Take long walks along Blakeney beach and through the National Nature Reserve.Sailing - Take a boat from Morston Quay to spot Norfolk's seals.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive Holkham Hall Estate.
A charming country inn with beautifully styled interiors and impeccable pub fare. Four elegantly styled rooms are traditional yet unfussy, with well placed art, crisp white linen and soft pastel hues; dog-friendly, too. The restaurant uses mainly local produce and there's a great ale selection too. See More
Briarfields Norfolk 22 rooms from £110Back to Nature - Overlooking the Titchwell salt marshes there is an abundance of bird and wildlifeGreat walks - The The Coastal Walk stretches from Hunstanton to CromerSailing - Beans Boats Trips offers seal and porpoise spottingSights nearby - The royal Sandringham Estate is well worth a visit
The Hoste Burnham Market, Norfolk 62 rooms from £110Beach nearby - Only 2 miles from award winning sandy beachesRestaurant - 2 AA RosettesSpa - Beauty spa in the Courtyard wing offering Clarins or Gatineau treatments plus a six person hot tub and relaxation area.Great walks - Explore the North Norfolk coastline.Recommended by - Sawdays, Mr & Mrs Smith
Bank House King's Lynn, Norfolk 11 rooms from £115Local exploring - Overlooking King’s Staithe Square and the quay it's ideally placed to explore this pretty Georgian town.Birdwatching - The RSPB reserves of Snettisham and Titchwell are just a short drive away, as are the North Coast beaches.Great walks - Jump on the ferry across the Ouse to get to the Peter Scott Walk around the edge of The Wash.Local markets - Check out Kings Lynn town centre with plenty of artisan shops and boutique stores.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
A friendly well-run hotel in a Georgian townhouse. Rooms have fresh contemporary interiors yet still with an air of tradition seen in the pleasingly uneven walls and beamed ceilings. The brasserie has a well deserved local following. Excellently placed for both business and local exploring. See More
Carricks at Castle Farm Dereham, Norfolk 8 rooms from £115Active Holiday - Fishing, cycling, farm walks and bird watching are all possible here.Local exploring - Located close to Dereham, Norwich and the Norfolk BroadsSights nearby - Blickling Hall, a 17th C ancestral home and grounds is worth a visitBirdwatching - Norfolk is a word renowned bird watching area.
Located on the tranquil banks of the River Wensum this B&B offers traditional yet luxurious bedrooms that are full of character. Carricks is perfect for those wishing to walk, cycle, fish or slow down in an untouched corner of the countryside. Ideal for rest and relaxation. See More
The Grove Norfolk 19 rooms from £120Local exploring - Perfecty located to explore the best of Norfolk's sites.Great walks - Take long walks along the beautiful coastline.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A family run hotel that's been passed down through three generations. Boasting a secluded setting within mature gardens, an indoor pool and massage hut this is a place to come and unwind. As suitable for children as is for a romantic weekend away. It has a fantastic British restaurant too. See More
The Brisley Bell North Norfolk 6 rooms from £120Country Escape - Set in a charming spot with cosy interiors and exceptional rural views, lovely walks. Dogs welcome.Foodies - Serving classic British dishes with contemporary touches. Well acclaimedLocal exploringSights nearby - Galleries and stately homes aplenty in the surrounding area including Blickling Hall and Houghton
The White Horse Brancaster Staithe, Norfolk 15 rooms from £130Foodies - Famed for its menu, specialising in seafoodCountry Escape - Classic British coastal stayFishing - 'Norfolk Fishing Trips & Exploring the tidal creeks and Scolt Head IslandGreat walks - Norfolk Coastal path runs along the bottom of the gardenRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
A lively inn with panoramic views overlooking Brancaster estuary. Popular with families and sailors. An ideal weekend getaway spot with direct access to the coastal path. Chic, modern suites are decorated in nautical palettes. The theme continues to the menu where fresh seafood dishes are served. See More
38 St Giles Norwich, Norfolk 8 rooms from £130Designer Shopping - In the heart of the shopping districtSights nearby - Close to the Theatre Royal, Maddermarket and the ForumLocal markets - Norwich market on the doorstepRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Norfolk Mead Norwich, Norfolk 13 rooms from 130Garden - Well-kept pretty garden with lake and wildfowl. The 12 acres extend to bank of the River BureSights nearby - minute drive away or visit the Sandringham Estate and its beautiful groundsFishing - There is a fishing lake in the grounds and off-river mooringGreat walks - There are over 300km of footpaths around the Norfolk BroadsRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Charming country house hotel in Norfolk Broads with its own boat for exploring the waterways. Lovely grounds and lake. Smart individually decorated bedrooms. Sumptuous breakfast, Sunday lunch, proper afternoons teas and hampers provided. Perfect for short breaks, weddings or business conferences. See More
The Fritton Arms Fritton, Norfolk 9 rooms from £130Sights nearby - Somerleyton HallDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Great walks - Good for walkers.Full of character
Having undergone a most fabulous of facelifts this 15th century property has a new lease of life. Bright and beautifully upholstered furnishings create an artsy vibe in airy bedrooms. There is a sitting room with log fire for guests to enjoy, bar, garden and gourmet restaurant. Pets are welcome too! See More
Congham Hall Norfolk 26 rooms from £135Total relaxation - A tranquil country house set in beautifully manicured gardens and boasting a fantastic spa.Spa - The Secret Garden Spa offers signature herbal treatments, plus there's a thermal suite, experience showers & outdoor hot tubBirdwatching - Norfolk is known to be the bird watching capital of Britain and there are numerous nature reserves to visitSights nearby - Visit the nearby Sandringham Estate, one of the Queen's favourite rural estates.
An elegant rural property set in a beautiful part of Norfolk. Chic rooms are individually styled and boast sink-into beds and egyptian cotton sheets. An indulgent spa and award winning restaurant make this the perfect place to return to after a day exploring the countryside. See More
The Assembly House Norwich (Central Norfolk) 11 rooms from £140Sights nearby - Go visit Norwich Cathedral or take a tour of Carrow Road, home of Norwich City FCGreat walks - Wander around the city getting a feel for the place or head along to the coastTraditional
The Assembly House is set in an historic Georgian building in the heart of Norwich. The individually designed rooms are utterly delightful - spacious, tastefully furnished and with lovely marble bathrooms. Scrumptious dinners or treat yourself to afternoon tea. A simply wonderful stay. See More
The Globe Inn WELLS-NEXT-THE-SEA, Norfolk 7 rooms from £140Country Escape - Discover the sandy beaches, beautiful walking country of Norfolk and come back to superb hearty food.Great walks - Find numerous walking trails in and around Wells.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
A chic inn boasting a spectacular setting close to some of Norfolk's most beautiful sandy beaches. Contemporary rooms are light and airy with brightly patterned wallpaper, crisp white linen and modern bathrooms. Downstairs exemplary pub fare is served in the restaurant and there's a cosy lounge too. See More
Strattons Hotel Swaffham, Norfolk 10 rooms from £140Value chic - An eclectic mix of kitsch and contemporary and antiques and fabric-festooned decadence, all for a reasonalble price tag.Romantic Break - Charming rooms with fourposter beds, free tanding baths, open fires and indulgent room service.Restaurant - Award winning English cooking using fresh, local and organic produce.Local markets - A real highlight is the bargain hunting anituques market in Swaffham every Saturdays.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Titchwell Manor Kings Lynn, Norfolk 27 rooms from £145Private Hot Tub - There are two rooms whose private patios offer a luxurious wooden outdoor hot tub.Views - Overlooking the North Norfolk coastline and marshes.Great walks - Lovely walks on the Norfolk coastal path.Birdwatching - Midweek birdwatching packages availableRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Boutique Norfolk coastal hotel with stunning views. Individually designed rooms offer traditional touches; flagstone floors, chintz wallpaper and sash wallpaper - all with contemporary bathrooms. Stunning modern European cuisine served in a lovely conservatory. Wonderful rural abode. See More
Byfords Holt, Norfolk 16 rooms from £155Sights nearby - The famous stately home of Sheringham Park is just a short drive away.Great walks - Peddars Way and the Norfolk Coast Path are popular amongst ramblers.Sailing - Take a boat out in search for whales, seals, dolphins and porpoises.Local markets - Visit Holt's Farmer's Market, held every Saturday.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Holt's oldest building, a former ironmongers, this hotel promises an Olde World country stay. Rooms are decorated in a traditional style with sumptuous beds, soft throws and Bang & Olufsen sound systems. Bathrooms have underfloor heating. A bustling deli and café attracts locals and tourists alike. See More
Cley Windmill Cley-next-the-Sea, Norfolk 9 rooms from £159Birdwatching - For keen ornithologist NWT Cley Marshes Nature Reserve is a wonderful area for spotting all manner of birds.Views - Panoramic views over the salt marshesLocal markets - Just South of the mill are small shops, selling pottery, smoked fish and secondhand books.Fishing - Saltwater Fly Fishing is available nearby, ask the friendly staff for further details.Recommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Victoria Inn Holkham, Norfolk 20 rooms from £165Country Escape - A traditional English country house surrounded by rugged sceneryBeach nearby - Large sandy beach with dunes within walking distanceSights nearby - The Annual Holkham Country FairKayaking - The Lake at Holkham
A comfortable, modernised country inn with a traditional ambience on North Norfolk's coast road. With access to Holkham estate behind and an expansive sandy beach (one of England's best) just half a mile away. Ideal for beach walks, birdwatching and playing. Good restaurant. See More
The Dial House Reepham, Norfolk 8 rooms from £175Foodies - The on site restaurant has gained a reputation for its excellent afternoon tea, and wholesome dinners.Romantic Break - The decadent and indulgent suites and rooms offer the ultimate romantic getaway from another era.Local markets - Explore the sleepy market town of Reepham.Full of character
A charming restaurant with room in Reepham. The individually styled rooms ooze old world glamour with their Grand Tour themed decor and quirky characterful furnishings. The on site restaurant has made a name for itself as THE spot in Norfolk for fabulous dinners and afternoon tea. Unique. See More
The Blakeney Hotel Blakeney, Norfolk 64 rooms from £228Back to Nature - Set by the spectacular estuary and salt marshes of Blakeney Point, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.Families - Plenty for the children including indoor pool, games room, board games, extensive walking and kiddies menu.Birdwatching - There are telescopes in the lounge to help you spot the numerous breeds of bird across the estuary and marshland.Sights nearby - There are a number of nearby halls including Blickling, Felbrigg, Holkham, Houghton and Sandringham.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Recently refurbished yet traditional hotel overlooking Blakeney's small harbour. Spacious country-style rooms with wooden beams, large sash windows & many with sea views. Classic food is served in the restaurant. Plenty of in-house entertainment including an indoor pool. Ideal for families. See More
Morston Hall Morston, Norfolk 13 rooms from £320Foodies - Morston Hall's restaurant holds a Michelin star and 4 AA Rosettes!Cooking classes - Half day cookery demonstrations and three day residential courses available.Sights nearby - Close to plenty of East Anglia's stately homes.Great walks - Walk the coastal path