Search the best hotels in Annapolis
Picture-perfect Annapolis has preserved its colonial history beautifully, and this sense of heritage is one of the city’s main attractions — along with its brilliant sailing culture. Small, pretty and within easy reach of Washington D.C., Maryland’s state capital is a top spot for a weekend away or a stop on an east coast road trip. Book a room in a striking historic property or in a cool, contemporary hotel: Annapolis offers both. Many of the best places to stay in Annapolis are swish and stylish, with space for couples, families or groups of friends.
Set on famous Chesapeake Bay, Annapolis is centred around its historic port, and this is a terrific place to try sailing, kayaking or fishing. Pick a perch on the docks for some great people watching, or venture along the bay for lovely beaches and scenic strolls. There is a rich sea-faring heritage to discover at the Annapolis Maritime Museum, and around the harbour. The US Naval Academy has its headquarters in the city, and their onsite museum is well worth visiting. You’ll spot the white-clad naval academy students wandering around town, too. Their presence encourages a buzzing evening scene — this is a great city for a night out.
Annapolis’ historic district runs along the waterfront, and many heritage buildings now play host to lively bars, eateries and boutiques. For a further insight into the city’s past, head to Hammond Harwood House, which dates back to 1774, or visit the Maryland State House, the Banneker-Douglass Museum and the William Paca House & Garden.
With regattas aplenty and the city full of sailing enthusiasts, the best places to stay in Annapolis fill up fast during the summer months. Travel between March and May for beautiful blossoms, cooler temperatures and the start of the sailing season!
The Best Places to Stay in Annapolis
For Contemporary Chic
- Graduate Annapolis is a funky city hotel with trendy rooms and suites clad in bold primary colours and bright, patterned textiles. Communal areas are centred around a light-filled atrium, and the feel is fresh, comtemporary and very cool. For hip couples, families or business travellers, who can all enjoy the coffee bar, eatery, gym, dog park and bicycles.
- Annapolis Waterfront Hotel promises stunning harbour views from slick, contemporary rooms and suites with blue-and-white interiors. A stylish city pick in the historic downtown area, boasting a fabulous harbourfront restaurant. For business or romance.
For a Heritage Stay
- Historic Inns of Annapolis is a collection of three townhouses in central Annapolis, featuring opulent rooms behind characterful Victorian façades. You're perfectly placed to see Maryland's historic treasures, plus the onsite bars and eateries are lovely. For families, couples and business travellers. Great for weddings!
FOR A HOLIDAY HOUSE OR APARTMENT
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Baltimore–Washington International Airport and travel to Annapolis by bus or car. The drive should take around 30 minutes.
- If you would like to hire a car, we suggest that you contact our online partner Rentalcars.
- Visit between March and May to see the city in blossom and the sailing season just beginning. Autumn (October - November) is beautiful and winters are cold but cosy!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Baltimore.
- Alternatively, see our pick of the best places to stay in Maryland.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Annapolis
Best Hotels in Annapolis
Historic Inns of Annapolis Annapolis (Maryland) 124 rooms from £117Sailing - Sailing in Annapolis is a popular past time.Sights nearby - National Maritime Museum.Full of characterRestaurant - Recommended.
Hotel consists of 3 townhouses in central Annapolis. Modern rooms offer en suite bathrooms and all facilities. The Treaty of Paris Restaurant offers seasonal fish, an extensive wine list and American cuisine. Location is great for Maryland's history and Washington DC. Business and gym facilities. See More
Graduate Annapolis Annapolis 215 rooms from £149Local exploring - Good base to explore Chesapeake Bay; walk coastal paths, eat at great restaurants or browse antique stores and art galleriesBusiness meetings - 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting space make this perfect for events and functions of up to 500 peopleCity Style - The smartest place to stay in this small seaside townRestaurant - Tuck into coffees, healthy snacks and salads at Poindexter or indulge in nostalgic American comfort food at Trophy Room
Funky boutique-style hotel in the heart of Annapolis Arts District. Luxuriously decorated in joyful primary tones, rooms and public spaces centre around a spectacular light-filled atrium and feature locally inspired touches. Enjoy a coffee bar, buzzing restaurant, 24-hour gym, bikes and dog park. See More
Annapolis Waterfront Hotel Annapolis 149 rooms from £167Local exploring - The prime location means that the historic downtown's shops, attractions and restaurants, plus the harbour, are walking distanceWeddings - Enjoy a waterfront wedding; the property's venues range from a traditional ballroom and harbour-view rooms to outdoor patiosRestaurant - All-day Pusser's Caribbean Grille serves fresh seafood with wonderful harbour and bay views; it's a firm favourite with localsSights nearby - Take a trolley tour of Annapolis, covering 350 years of history in an hour; drive past colonial mansions and Victorian homes
Contemporary luxury waterfront hotel located in the historic downtown. Views are everywhere, from fresh nautical-themed rooms and private balconies to harbour-front restaurant and outdoor patio. Decor combines sleek furnishings with homely touches and a cosy feel. Stylish well-connected city base. See More