The 8 Best spa hotels on Ibiza
Whether you plan to spend your time relaxing on Ibiza's beaches or being more active - there's plenty of good diving around the coast as well as hiking in the hills - or, indeed, dancing until dawn, chances are you will welcome treating yourself to some pampering spa treatments. Our guru's pick of the best spa hotels on Ibiza has something for everyone, from great value finds to top notch luxury retreats.
Alongside the development of some very hip and stylish hotels over recent years, Ibiza has developed a line in some very cool spas. On the whole, these are not the huge, rather clinical spas of well-known brands but small, relaxed affairs often in gloriously romantic settings. Many specialise in Ayurvedic or Asian treatments and products.
And not all are in the popular resorts of Ibiza Town or San Antonio. Check out the quieter, inland areas, too, to find some of Ibiza's best spa hotels.
The 8 best spa hotels on Ibiza
Best good-value hotels with spas
- With its Miami art-deco looks and cool white and blue colours, Es Vive makes a stylish as well as good-value hotel overlooking the sea in Ibiza Town. As well as a small spa, there’s a stunning roof terrace, plus evening DJs by the large pool.
Best mid-range hotels with spas
- With a Zen garden, yoga classes and an exotic Balinese spa, you may not want to leave the relaxing surround of the 21-room Atzaro. The style is hip and chic, with colourful rooms, all with balconies or terraces. There’s a well-regarded restaurant and a lovely freeform pool, too.
- Sleek and chic, Can Curreu is a romantic finca in the north of the island. Rooms are cool and white, with beamed ceilings and shots of colour in feature walls and simple decorations. The spa has a wide range of treatments, plus there’s a gourmet restaurant and private boat to charter.
- Set amidst lush gardens and almond groves, with a backdrop of mountains, Es Cucons, a 17th-century finca, is a good choice if you want a stylish hideaway. The spa offers Ayurvedic, Indian or Thai treatments while rooms are romantically decorated - lots of white muslin - plus there are plenty of secluded spots dotted around the garden for yoga or quiet reading.
Best luxury hotels with spas
- With a gym, yoga lessons, jogging and walking trails - plus nearby watersports - as well as an extensive spa, Can Lluc is a good choice for those seeking an active holiday as well as pampering. This large hotel based around a farmhouse and set amongst lush gardens, offers apartments, villas and suites (as well as rooms) in rustic-chic style.
- Tucked away in the centre of the island, the small and chic Cas Gasi is a luxury retreat with classic country-house styled rooms. Set in several acres of colourful gardens, it includes an extensive spa plus outdoor yoga platform as well as two pools. It’s also eco-friendly, with its own well for water, home-produced olive oil and organic fruit and vegetables from its gardens.
- The spa at Ca Na Xica is beautifully surrounded by olive groves and orchards which also make a perfect and peaceful backdrop for yoga. Rooms, all with private terraces or balconies, are cool with funky colours and furnishings and there’s a superb restaurant offering organic Mediterranean cooking.
- The sumptuous La Posidonia Spa at Hacienda Na Xamena, a no-holds-barred luxury, cliff-top hotel, offers unique thalassotherapy saltwater treatments amongst its extensive spa menu. With tumbling infinity pools, several restaurants, tennis courts, stunning views and white-on-white chic rooms - some with private pools - the hotel feels both secluded and special.
Es Vive Ibiza 52 rooms from £95Roof terrace - Lively roof terrace bar.Beach LifeLively - Poolside DJs every eveningSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Atzaro Agroturismo Ibiza 24 rooms from £139Spa breaksLuxurySpaWellbeingRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Can Curreu Santa Eulària del Riu, Ibiza 17 rooms from £169Spa breaks - Can Curreu has fabulous spa facilities including thermal circuit, hot tub, pools and a comprehensive array of treatmentsRiding - Stables on siteLuxuryWellbeingRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith, CN Traveller
A stunning finca in Northern Ibiza. A white washed farmhouse renovation set in lush grounds. Chic rooms and suites with all the mod cons, private balconies, and kitchenettes. A fabulous restaurant, extensive spa, pool, and boat to charter. A glorious spot for honeymooners. See More
Es Cucons Santa Agnes de Corona, Ibiza 15 rooms from £187Honeymoons - Designed for romance- this tranquil and intimate1650s finca boasts a wonderful honeymoon suite, spa treatments and lush gardens.Sights nearby - Make a trip to Eivissa to explore the stunning Old Town with its cobbled streets and hill-top cathedral.Great walks - Lovely trials running through the valley with walks starting straight from the front door.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - I Escape
A stunningly renovated relaxed rural property set amidst lush gardens and craggy mountains. The chic and stylish decor showcases the properties old features, with modern touches. Great food served under the shade of almond trees and a garden pool. Cosy, charming and romantic. See More
Can Lluc Sant Rafel, Ibiza 125 rooms from £217FamiliesRomantic BreakGreat walks - Jogging and hiking trails on the doorstepPrivate Hot Tub - Some rooms have hot tub bath tubsRecommended by - Sawdays
A rustic chic farmhouse surrounded by hills. Rooms, suites, apartments, and one villa cater to families, couples, and groups of friends. Traditional in style with stone walls, wooden beams and four poster beds. Lush gardens, good restaurant, and pool. Charming, and close to the best restaurants. See More
Cas Gasi Santa Gertrudis, Ibiza 10 rooms from £269Total relaxation - A luxury country hotel with a well equipped spa and lovely outdoor yoga area.Sailing - Take a personal trip on a sailing or motor boat to Formentera or around the island.Great walks - Wander to the local village of Sant Rafel and marvel at the beautiful church.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Frommers, Michelin Travel
A small luxury boutique hotel hidden away in beautiful countryside in the middle of the island. White washed rooms feature rustic-chic furniture. Stunning cuisine is served up in the restaurant using organic produce from the hotel plot. A glorious spa. A haven to unwind in. See More
Ca Na Xica Sant Miquel de Balansat, Ibiza 20 rooms from £217Total relaxation - An on site spa in a beautiful location. Pamper yourselves with a massage from their professional therapistsBack to Nature - Surrounded on all sides by orchards and olive trees and offering wonderful viewsFoodies - Excellent food served at the restaurant focussing on ingredients grown locallyGreat walks - Lovely hikes can be organised in the countryside surrouding the hotel
Hotel Hacienda Na Xamena San Miguel, Ibiza 77 rooms from £292Hideaway - A boutique hotel with stunning sea views and just far enough from the Ibizian action for those looking for a tranquil escape.Total relaxation - Unwind in style with relaxed friendly staff, a glorious indoor and outdoor spa, several pools and fantastic restaurant.Kayaking - Rent a sea kayak and head off to explore the coves and caves that make up this rugged coastline.Sailing - Let the hotel help you hire a boat for a day at sea.Recommended by - Tablet
Luxury, seclusion and relaxation at this special hotel sited within a nature reserve. Minimalist white on white interiors with large glass windows and spectacular cliff top views. Infinity pools, fine dining and a sumptuous spa. The ideal hideaway to completely unwind in. See More