6 of the Best beach hotels on Ibiza
Ibiza may be primarily known for its clubbing scene but originally it was its laidback atmosphere and beautiful coastline that attracted visitors - particularly the hippy crowd. As well as decent, but popular, beaches around the well-known resorts of Ibiza Town, San Antonio, Playa d’en Bossa, Cala de San Vincent or Portinatx (the latter slightly less frenetic in high season than the others) and Santa Eulalia, you’ll find - if you’re prepared to explore - scores of golden-white beaches and hidden coves. These are perfect for just idling on - often listening to some lazy Balearic beats in the background - or for snorkelling, watersports and, in some cases, diving. Use our guide to the best beach hotels on Ibiza and start planning your holiday now!
In the south and south-west, Cala Jondal and Cala d’Hort are fine, relaxed beaches, good for families, snorkelling and pedalos. For a bit of surfing action, try Aigues Blanques on the east coast.
Two beautiful beaches, worth the effort of reaching, are Cala d’en Serra, near Portinatx, and Cala Salada, north of San Antonio on the west coast, the latter with cliffs and pine-clad hills protecting its sandy bay. Great for sunsets.
But the best beach is a boat-trip away on Formentera, the large island just south of Ibiza. Head for Playa Mitjorn, with its long beach of white sands and beautiful snorkelling in the clear seas.
While some of the finest beaches may take a bit of effort to reach, there are plenty of others that are strolling distance if you choose to stay in one of Ibiza’s best beach hotels.
6 of the Best beach hotels on Ibiza
For good Value
- With its blinding-white colours and art-deco styling, Es Vive makes a stylish as well as good-value hotel overlooking the sea in Ibiza Town. There’s a stunning roof terrace, plus evening DJs by the large pool.
- Although tucked away in woods in the north of the island, Cas Pla is strolling distance from the beach. Rooms are cool in cream with wooden floors, plus there’s a large pool and gardens.
- With cliff walks starting directly from the hotel, Can Pujolet has a stunning location overlooking the seas and beaches on the north-west coast. This handsome, laidback agroturismo offers airy, beamed rooms - some self-catering - and a lovely pool.
- There are more spectacular cliff-top views, as well as plenty of watersports, at the stylish Hotel Hacienda Na Xamena. Rooms - most have sea-views - are white-on-white chic with beautiful natural-wood furniture, while infinity pools tumble down the cliffs to the sea. There’s a spa, too.
- With fabulous views over Ibiza Town and close to beaches, Hotel Ocean Drive has a cool, Miami design with modern art-deco styling and sleek chrome and leather. The rooftop bar is the place to be seen.
- Also in Ibiza Town, but a little further back, La Torre del Canonigo - as its name implies - was originally a medieval tower built on the town’s Roman acropolis. The views are stunning and the rooms are Ibiza-cool in white with terracotta floors, the best with private terraces.
Whether you want to be close to the island’s action or tucked away from the crowds, our hand-picked selection of the best beach hotels on Ibiza lets you choose. Nothing here that suits? Then check out all our Ibiza recommendations or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Es Vive Ibiza 52 rooms from £95Roof terrace - Lively roof terrace bar.Beach LifeLively - Poolside DJs every eveningSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A chic all white hotel on the sea face. Funky Art Deco rooms and suites have private balconies and sea facing views. Restaurant serving excellent Mediterranean cuisine, roof top terrace, and an enormous pool. A lively spot for a beach holiday. See More
Cas Pla Ibiza 16 rooms from £114Hideaway - North of the island nestled deep in the woods, but only 15 minutes from Ibiza town.Sights nearby - Ibiza Town and Santa Eulària des RiuDiving - Diving Centre SubfariSailing - Can be booked nearby.
A secluded hotel in northern Ibiza offering plenty of privacy. Large rooms feature cream furniture, dark wood furniture and wooden beams. Huge outdoor pool, terrace, and gardens. Lovely public areas with plenty of spaces to relax. An ideal spot set back from the crowds. See More
Can Pujolet Santa Agnes de Corona, Ibiza 10 rooms from £113Total relaxation - A charming agroturismo in stunning countryside with lovely pool, complete with bar and access to the nearby beaches.Great walks - Excellent cliff walks starting directly from the property.Local markets - Visit the produce markets of Santa Inés and San Mateo.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
An idyllic agroturismo with lovely gardens and sea views. Traditional farmhouse decor features white washed walls and exposed beams. Excellent walking terrain and a large pool to cool off in after. A restaurant serving meals using produce from the farm and local markets. A charming rural escape. See More
Hotel Hacienda Na Xamena San Miguel, Ibiza 77 rooms from £292Hideaway - A boutique hotel with stunning sea views and just far enough from the Ibizian action for those looking for a tranquil escape.Total relaxation - Unwind in style with relaxed friendly staff, a glorious indoor and outdoor spa, several pools and fantastic restaurant.Kayaking - Rent a sea kayak and head off to explore the coves and caves that make up this rugged coastline.Sailing - Let the hotel help you hire a boat for a day at sea.Recommended by - Tablet
Luxury, seclusion and relaxation at this special hotel sited within a nature reserve. Minimalist white on white interiors with large glass windows and spectacular cliff top views. Infinity pools, fine dining and a sumptuous spa. The ideal hideaway to completely unwind in. See More
Hotel Ocean Drive Ibiza Town 40 rooms from £312Beach LifeClose to nightlifeViews - Views of the Marina.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Retro Ibiza-chic hotel overlooking the Marina in a lively location. Contemporary designs - rich leathers, white washed walls, and all the mod cons. The roof top terrace bar is a highlight as it overlooks the Marina and the hills of Ibiza. See More
La Torre del Canonigo Ibiza Town 8 rooms from £200Views - Stunning views over Ibiza Town and its harbourSights nearby - Located in the centre of Ibiza's Old Town. Built in the grounds of the city's Roman AcropolisPrivate Hot Tub - Book the suite for your own private hot tub on a terrace overlooking the citySwimming Pool - Outdoor rooftop pool
14th century tower built atop the walls of the Roman acropolis providing chic city centre accommodation in the heart of Ibiza Town. Eight stylish rooms some with four poster beds and floaty canopies and cool terracotta floors. Go for those with a terrace for the best view in town. Very romantic. See More