- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best family hotels on Ibiza
With plenty of direct flights - average flight times of between two and three hours from the UK - reliable sunny weather between May and October, and dozens of sandy beaches and pretty bays, Ibiza makes a good family-holiday choice. The main resorts are round Ibiza Town, San Antonio, Playa d’en Bossa, Cala de San Vincent, Santa Eulalia and Portinatx; the latter two make particularly good choices for families as they offer well-developed resorts but with a more relaxed atmosphere and without Ibiza’s famously frenetic nightlife. Our pick of the best family hotels on Ibiza will make your decision that much easier!
Ibiza is also a good choice if you have an active family, with many beaches offering watersports, volleyball, snorkelling and diving. The seas are safe, clear and warm - the sea-bed in the Las Salinas national park is a World Heritage site, so an excellent area for diving - with the east coast being the best option for a spot of surfing.
Aguamar Water Park, with its various slides, pools and playgrounds, in Playa d’en Bossa will be a hit with younger children while all the family will enjoy the views from Portinatx lighthouse: Mallorca is visible on clear days. And you should set aside a day to take a boat-trip to Formentera a couple of miles to the south, with its superb beaches and salt-pan nature reserve.
As it is a popular island, particularly in school holidays, book well ahead to ensure you guarantee a room in one of Ibiza's best family hotels.
The Best family hotels on Ibiza
For great value
- If you’re looking for somewhere lively and central, Es Vive, with its blinding-white colours and art-deco styling, and overlooking the sea in Ibiza Town, might fit the bill. Children will love the views from the roof terrace, while parents don’t have to miss out on the island’s music scene; there are evening DJs by the large pool.
- If you want a degree of flexibility, take a look at the clifftop Can Pujolet a quiet agroturismo overlooking a beach on the north-west coast which offers some self-catering rooms. Relaxed and friendly, with a rustic style, it also has a lovely pool, plus the hotel’s own produce is used in the restaurant.
- In a peaceful location, surrounded by lush gardens with a beautiful pool and with a backdrop of mountains, the 200-year-old farmhouse Agro Can Gall makes a relaxed, family choice. Rooms, which include family suites, are cool with wooden beams, white-washed walls and country furnishings.
- The farmhouse of Vinya d’en Palerm makes a good choice for families looking for a small and friendly, no-frills hotel. There are just five rooms in simple and traditional style, all with private terraces plus there’s a pool and bicycles to borrow.
Best mid-range family hotels
- With bikes to hire, a lovely pool, and the friendly Planells family in charge, Can Planells, in the charming village of San Miguel de Balansat, is a warm, friendly agroturismo with large and traditionally furnished rooms. There are watersports just 10 minutes away at Puerto de San Miguel.
- With apartments and villas as well as rooms and suites, Can Lluc offer families plenty of choice. A converted farmhouse and outbuildings, done in rustic-chic style and in the centre of the island, the hotel offers a large pool, a spa, nearby beaches plus hiking trails start from the doorstep.
- With activities ranging from tennis, sailing, kayaking and trekking to cookery lessons and relaxing in a spa, there’s more than enough to keep fussy families happy at the stylish Hotel Hacienda Na Xamena. Children will love the tumbling infinity pools, while parents will adore the chic white-on-white style, and choice of restaurants.
Ibiza is not just for clubbers and celebrities; it can make a good choice for families who want an easy-reach sunshine break. Use our guide to find the best family hotels on Ibiza. Nothing here that ticks all your boxes? Expand your search to include all our Ibiza recommendations, or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Es Vive 52 rooms from $126Ibiza
A chic all white hotel on the sea face. Funky Art Deco rooms and suites have private balconies and sea facing views. Restaurant serving excellent Mediterranean cuisine, roof top terrace, and an enormous pool. A lively spot for a beach holiday.Roof terrace - Lively roof terrace bar.Beach LifeLively - Poolside DJs every eveningSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Can Pujolet 10 rooms from $149Santa Agnes de Corona, Ibiza
An idyllic agroturismo with lovely gardens and sea views. Traditional farmhouse decor features white washed walls and exposed beams. Excellent walking terrain and a large pool to cool off in after. A restaurant serving meals using produce from the farm and local markets. A charming rural escape.Total relaxation - A charming agroturismo in stunning countryside with lovely pool, complete with bar and access to the nearby beaches.Great walks - Excellent cliff walks starting directly from the property.Local markets - Visit the produce markets of Santa Inés and San Mateo.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
Agro Can Gall 11 rooms from $171San Lorenzo, Ibiza
A 200-year-old farmhouse turned boutique hotel with authentic Ibizan charm, surrounded by mountains. White washed rooms feature exposed brick work and modern bathrooms. A lovely pool and jacuzzi and a beach just ten minutes away. The laid back atmosphere makes this an ideal choice for families.Hideaway - An uber chilled spot with homecooked meals, plush bedding and lush flower filled gardens littered with olive and almond trees.Families - A vibrant, warm and welcoming boutique, perfect for a family holiday, with stunning gardens, large pool and family suites.Local markets - Pick up some holiday presents at the hippy markets at Es Canar (Wednesdays) and Sant Carlos (Saturdays).Sights nearby - Spend an afternoon exploring Eivissa's capital which boasts pretty cobbled streets and a Cathedral.Recommended by - I Escape
Vinya d'en Palerm 5 rooms from $176San Miguel de Balanzat, Ibiza
A traditional farmhouse in a tranquil rural setting surrounded by orchards and vineyards. Simple rustic rooms with stone walls and private terraces. Lush greenery, swimming pool, bikes to borrow, and general relaxation. A no frills spot for couples and families.Total relaxationSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Can Planells 8 rooms from $183Sant Miquel de Balansat, Ibiza
A warm and welcoming country agroturismo, where guests become part of the family. Simple and elegant country style decor features white washed walls and exposed beams. Tranquil lemon orchards and gardens, a pool and bikes to hire. Great value and perfectly laid-backed for families.Country Escape - A charming agroturismo, with traditional country style rooms and bikes for exploring this quiet and stunning part of the islandGreat walks - Explore the unspoilt countryside of Ibiza with walks starting straight from the hotel door.Sailing - Rent a speed boat and explore this island from the sea.Swimming Pool - Outdoor Pool.
Can Lluc 125 rooms from $286Sant Rafel, Ibiza
A rustic chic farmhouse surrounded by hills. Rooms, suites, apartments, and one villa cater to families, couples, and groups of friends. Traditional in style with stone walls, wooden beams and four poster beds. Lush gardens, good restaurant, and pool. Charming, and close to the best restaurants.FamiliesRomantic BreakGreat walks - Jogging and hiking trails on the doorstepPrivate Hot Tub - Some rooms have jacuzzi bath tubsRecommended by - Sawdays
Hotel Hacienda Na Xamena 77 rooms from $384San Miguel, Ibiza
Luxury, seclusion and relaxation at this special hotel sited within a nature reserve. Minimalist white on white interiors with large glass windows and spectacular cliff top views. Infinity pools, fine dining and a sumptuous spa. The ideal hideaway to completely unwind in.Hideaway - A boutique hotel with stunning sea views and just far enough from the Ibizian action for those looking for a tranquil escape.Total relaxation - Unwind in style with relaxed friendly staff, a glorious indoor and outdoor spa, several pools and fantastic restaurant.Kayaking - Rent a sea kayak and head off to explore the coves and caves that make up this rugged coastline.Sailing - Let the hotel help you hire a boat for a day at sea.Recommended by - Tablet