Search the best hotels in Dijon
Dijon may not be as important now as it was in its heyday, but it's still a large city. This means there are plenty of options when it comes to accommodation. The best places to stay in Dijon range from charming boutique hotels, to self catering apartments, B&Bs to gîtes, five star hotels and even a campsite.
During the 14th and 15th Centuries, Dijon was one of Europe's greatest cities. The Dukes of Burgundy ruled, using their wealth to construct fine medieval buildings in their beautiful capital. It's also in the heart of Burgundy's wine growing region.
Local produce markets on Friday and Saturday are well known to foodies. And of course there's the mustard. As well as being the home of a specific type of mustard (the one which uses white wine instead of vinegar) Dijon's long commitment to mustard making and consumption means it's now considered the world's mustard capital. As well as tasting the mustards on market day you should also have a look around the market hall itself - when you look up it may be surprised. It was designed by Gustave Eiffel (yes, that Eiffel). If you're here early you can see what the local chefs are picking up.
What Not To Miss
- The Palais des Etats (The Duke's Palace),
- The Cathedral Saint-Benigne of Dijon and its fascinating 6th Century crypt;
- The Notre Dame area, including the houses in the area as well as the church and its ancient black Madonna,
- Dijon has some interesting museums, including a museum of sacred art, an archaeology museum and the Museum of Burgundy Life in the 17th Convent of the Cistercians.
- Make a point of seeing the 17th Century Maison des Cariatides with its wonderful complicated stone facade and the 13th Century Hotel Aubriot.
Some of the best places to stay in Dijon are to the north of the Duke's Palace, around the city's finest mansions and Hotels Particuliers. Even if you're not staying in this charming area it's still worth strolling around.
Central and Historic
- Le Pre aux Clercs is a charming, reasonably priced hotel in Dijon’s historic centre, right opposite the Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy, with five spacious and comfortable rooms decorated with a nice combination of antique and contemporary designs.
- Also in the heart of Dijon, the Maison Philippe Le Bon is a 41 room hotel with rooms spread between three mansions around a Gothic courtyard. There’s period furniture and cool art on the walls, and some of the rooms have beautiful city views. There’s a gourmet restaurant with an excellent wine collection. Rooms start from less than £100 per night.
Chic Townhouse B&B
- La Cour Berbisey is one of the best places to stay in Dijon if you're looking for somewhere stylish and sophisticated. There are only five rooms and four suites, impeccably decorated and huge!
- For a reasonably priced hotel in Dijon you can’t go past the Hotel Wilson, a 17th century coach house with typically Burgundian architecture and beautiful courtyards and gardens. There are 27 rooms, priced from around £80 per night. A great great option for families.
For an Apartment
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of properties throughout the city.
- Fly to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport and take a two-hour connecting high-speed train to Dijon from the airport train station.
- Visitors may wish to rent a car to explore the city and the countryside beyond, we recommend using our online partner Rentalcars for prices.
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September are the most popular and tend to be warm and dry, although the autumn provides cooler temperatures along with a plethora of wine harvest events.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Dijon
Hotel Wilson 27 rooms from $103Dijon (1 Rue de Longvic)
A 17th century coach house with typical Burgandian architecture, in the centre of Dijon. Stone walls, wooden beams, courtyards and gardens, with beautifully renovated rooms offering rustic charm, with modern features. A warm and welcoming spot, with plenty of character.Families - Ideal for families, large triple rooms are provided and most important sights are within walking distance.Sights nearby - Dijon's gothic cathedral and the Notre Dame Church are a must for first time visitors.Great walks - Walks can be organised through vineyards and wine cellars for wine and cheese tasting.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Maison Philippe Le Bon 41 rooms from $125Dijon (18 Rue Sainte-Anne)
Boasts three historical mansions and a Gothic courtyard in the historical centre of Dijon. Cool art on the walls, period furniture combined with contemporary finishes, the rooms are chic and offer wonderful views of the city. La Closerie offers gourmet cuisine and an excellent wine collection.Value chic - This hotel is well priced for a historical monument and is in a great location close to all the important sites.Local exploring - Situated in the heart of the city, close by to museums, mansions and relegious buildings.Great walks - Walk through the Colobiere Park, more a leisurely stroll actually!Sights nearby - The Congress Palace is a must visit and hosts several events.
Vertigo Hotel 42 rooms from $142Dijon
A listed building, the Vertigo Hotel was built in 1927 but has a chic modern interior. All 42 rooms are uniquely decorated with designer touches as well as garden and city views. The hotel bar serves food 24/7. The NUXE wellness centre has an indoor pool, Turkish bath, sauna and fully-equipped gym.Spa breaks - A range of innovative spa treatments are offered in the NUXE centre making it a great destination for a spa breakLocal exploring - Explore the nooks and crannies of historical Dijon from this historic designer propertyRomantic Break - Treat your loved one to a trip to Dijon complete with spa treatment and champagneSights nearby - Get to know Dijon's rich cultural and natural heritage - start with Lake Kir and CHU - Hopitaux Tramway StationRecommended by - Design Hotels
Le Pre aux Clercs 5 rooms from $171Dijon
A charming small hotel in Dijon's historic city centre. Fusing antique and contemporary designs, the rooms are spacious and comfortable. Opposite the Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy, it's perfect for exploring the city's rich history. Wine lovers, be sure not to miss out on the Burgundy Wine Route.Local exploring - Perfectly placed to explored Dijon's historic city centre, with views over the historic Place de la Libération.Sights nearby - Directly opposite the Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy.Full of character
La Cour Berbisey 5 rooms from $182Dijon, Burgundy
Extremely smart townhouse B&B with an excellent spa. Contemporary comfort blended with classical furniture and style for sophisticated effect. The suites are enormous. A hotel for grown ups.City StyleSights nearby - Located in the centre of DijonSwimming Pool - Heated indoor poolSpa
Grand Hotel La Cloche 88 rooms from $216Dijon
Set in a grand historic building, La Cloche, a Sofitel property is nothing but contemporary inside. Rooms feature large works of contemporary art, sharp lines and bursts of punchy hues. The fine-dining restaurant pairs some of Burgandy's best bottles along with regional cuisine.City Style - An elegant property, set in the heart of the city, featuring a fine dining restaurant and superb spaSights nearby - Ducal Palace and the 13th century Gothic cathedral are a must-seeSpa