Search the best hotels in Umbria
Considering how wonderful Umbria’s landscape is, and how rich its artistic, cultural and culinary heritage is, it’s a relatively un-visited region. Maybe its because of its proximity to Tuscany and Le Marche. Whatever the reason, it means Umbria is a surprisingly traditional and affordable place to explore. From historic and glorious Assisi, to unchanging Orvieto, tiny Todi, and buzzing Perugia, our experts have been seeking out the best places to stay in Umbria, the wonderful old palazzos, country villas, chic design hotels and agriturismi.
Some of our Umbrian Collections:
Our Gurus’ recommendations for the best places to stay in Umbria are scattered throughout the region, so if you do have an idea of where you want to be based you might want to focus on those places right away. Otherwise they’ve given us some great recommendations for the best hotels in Umbria for couples, the best family hotels in Umbria, and even the best hotels in Umbria with a pool — which all our Gurus agree is a great asset for an Umbrian break!
The best places to stay in Umbria are usually busiest in the summer — Perugia hosts a series of summer festivals, which draw crowds, and Assisi is still a major site of pilgrimage — so if you want to visit Umbria’s major sites it probably pays to book in advance. However the rest of the region will still probably have last minute options.
The best places to stay in Umbria
For the Album
- The Nun Assisi Relais & Spa stands out in this list for its contemporary design — it occupies a 13th century monastery, so it couldn’t be more historic, but the flair with which it has been converted, and redesigned and decorated, makes it feel very modern. The vaulted ceilings go especially well with contemporary Italian furniture in white leather. The best of the 18 rooms and suites have original frescoes on the walls, and even the simplest have exposed brick and terracotta tiles. The restaurant is a gourmet affair, and the spa is good enough to be included in the name.
For the Views
- Locanda Palazzone has all the charms you'd hope to find in a gorgeously rustic Umbrian country villa: excellent food served in five course set banquets, paired with exceptional local wines, stylish surrounds, and a beautiful pool and terrace. But it also has incredible views from its hilltop setting, if you like patchwork hills and stunning light. This is also a good choice for families, because, believe it or not they serve a special menu tailored to your kids and what they enjoy. And some of their suites are family-sized. Bliss for all!
- The Castello di Petroia is a proper fairytale medieval Italian castle, set on a hilltop overlooking its own 900 acre estate, between Gubbio and Perugia. The converted interiors are extremely comfortable, whilst also retaining some incredible original features — some of the 11 rooms and suites feature both ancient four-poster beds, and contemporary hot tubs! Around the castello are gardens and grounds, with a pool and sun deck, and you can walk for hours, or borrow one of the estate’s Friesian horses and explore on four legs. The restaurant is set in an especially historic part of the property, and is beautifully candlelit of an evening.
- The Villa di Monte Solare sits atop a green hill, overlooking its own estate of vineyards and olive groves. Now converted into an elegant, 15 room hotel, the villa retains many of its most beautiful features, like the beamed ceilings, terracotta floors, exposed brickwork, and frescoes. The furnishing is plush, yet simple. The hotel has two pools and a spa, plus tennis courts, a cooking school to go with the restaurant serving Tuscan and Umbrian classics, and an excellent wine cellar.
- Surrounded by small towns, and farming hamlets, Le Logge di Silvignano is a medieval tower and country house, which has been converted into six charming self-catering apartments. Each apartment is slightly different but they all have kitchens, living areas, a balcony or terrace and cosy fireplaces. There’s also a pool and sprawling gardens with olive and cyprus trees, fifty different kinds of rosebush and a wonderful bouquet of herbs. This is a fantastic spot for anyone with an interest in food, with wineries and all sorts of markets and restaurants nearby.
- The Locanda della Posta is a gorgeous old townhouse right in the centre of Perugia. Some of its public spaces, and its 17 rooms and suites feature original ceiling frescoes, vaulted ceilings and huge windows. The decor is broadly contemporary, though, light and airy with lots of white. The perfect city bolthole.
- The Hotel Brufani is large and luxurious, set on a hill and offering views across the city and beyond. The facade is grand, and it has an aristocratic past to match. The interiors of the 94 rooms and suites have been dressed to match, but in a range of styles and colours, and levels of fussiness about the decor. The spa and restaurant are both suitably impressive too, and the service is excellent.
- San Crispino Residence occupies an impressive castle at the centre of Assisi, and has seven character-filled rooms and suites, complete with original frescoes, murals, vaulted ceilings, and plenty of dark wood and beautiful old stone. It feels as historic as the town, and very romantic with it.
For a Rural Retreat
- The Castello Di Petrata is a rustically charming stone country house about five kilometres north of Assisi, set in lush grounds with serene country views — the pool has an excellent view too. Inside are 22 rooms and suites, decorated in a simple way that makes the most of the original beamed ceilings, wood floors and stone. In some rooms are there sections of exposed stone, others are entirely whitewashed. There’s also a restaurant specialising in Umbrian cuisine, which has a cooking school attached. They also offer art classes and plenty of family-friendly activities.
- The Castello di Monterone is a 14th century castle-turned hotel, with 18 stylish rooms that overlook the beautifully undulating Umbrian countryside. As well as gorgeously memorable views and original features, the Castello has an excellent restaurant which spills out onto a terrace on fine days, and a cooking school attached. It also has a fabulous pool, plus a hammam and small spa.
- Built by hand, this medieval monastery has its latest incarnation as a 14 room retreat called Eremito Hotelito del Alma. Remote-feeling, and on its own 7000 acre estate, but actually not too far from Orvieto, this is a proper retreat, with rooms converted from the monks’ cells, stone walls and only the essential comforts — like hand embroidered sheets. There’s an excellent Vegetarian set menu and a spa with a heated pool and steam room — hewn directly from the stone of the mountain — where you can relax with the calming music of Gregorian chants.
- Borgo di Carpiano is a whole medieval hamlet turned country house hotel 12km from Gubbio — its chapel has become a library and drawing room featuring original frescoes, and its terraced meadow now has an infinity pool and jacuzzi. There are just ten rooms and suites, many with living space as well as bedrooms, and private balconies and terraces. All are carefully restored and decorated, and feature beamed ceilings and wooden floors. The excellent restaurant sources a lot of food directly from the grounds, and has a zero miles food policy.
For an Intimate Escape
- The Palazzo Seneca is an elegant, 16th century palazzo in Norcia, beautifully converted into a romantic hotel. As well as 24 rooms and suites, minimally decorated with antiques and contemporary design pieces, the palazzo has grand communal spaces: a light filled lounge, a contemporary spa, and an atmospheric fine dining restaurant. The brothers who own the hotel come from a long line of hoteliers, and you can tell.
- L'Orto Degli Angeli is an elegant, 14 room hotel converted from a 17th century palazzo in the hamlet of Bevagna, in the centre of a triangle created by Assisi, Todi and Spoleto. The property is rich with original features — tiled terracotta floors, vast fireplaces, wood beams and antiques — and the excellent restaurant occupies a lower ground area which was once a Roman amphitheatre. Outside are beautiful private gardens, with kitchen gardens providing produce for the restaurant, and there’s a dreamy shaded terrace. You can also take cooking classes. Intimate, affordable and relaxed.
- The Abbazia San Pietro in Valle is a remote abbey in the Umbrian hills, turned comfortable, 19 room county escape. There is an historic simplicity to the decor, though, with terracotta floors, whitewashed walls, original dark beams and austere religious decoration in each room. The oldest parts of the abbey are 8th century, Benedictine, and there’s a beautiful frescoed chapel, where you can get married, if you’re Catholic. The food is excellent; they run cooking courses, and the Prosecco flows freely!
- Le Logge di Silvignano is a small hotel with both rooms and self-catering apartments, converted from a charming medieval building complete with an impressive tower. The sprawling gardens grow olive trees and roses and a whole host of herbs, plus there’s a lovely pool and a range of hotel-run wine and food related excursions.
- On a hilltop, overlooking a particularly picturesque valley, the Relais il Canalicchio looks like a medieval castle surveying all that it commands. This a pretty big hotel for its type, with 47 rooms, suites and two-room apartments — perfect for families — and facilities to match, including tennis courts, large gardens, a large spa and pool too, with fantastic views over the valley. The best rooms have private terraces and balconies, but there are plenty of public terraces too. And an excellent Umbrian restaurant.
- The Villa della Genga is a gorgeous country estate with five guest villas, each with their own kitchen and living room, providing lots of flexibility for families. They’re surrounded by lush gardens that roll down a hillside, at the bottom of which there’s a stunning natural swimming pool, an olive plantation and woodlands. The villa interiors are extremely elegant, like the comfortable house of a friend with excellent taste and a penchant for rustic details. The estate also has an excellent restaurant where they offer cooking classes — the cuisine is a real highlight.
- Originally a Cardinal's house, the elegant Palazzo Bontadosi is just off the main square of Montefalco, a lovely hilltop village just outside Assisi. This property has some wonderful original frescos, many of them on the ceiling, including in the hotel’s six rooms and suites. The architecture is historic, but the furnishings and decor are contemporary. There’s also a well equipped spa with an indoor saltwater pool, and and excellent restaurant and terrace bar.
- Just outside pretty Todi you’ll find the Castello di Montignano, an elegant rural villa turned 12 room spa hotel. Umbria doesn’t have a huge number of spa focussed hotels, and we like this one because it’s housed in such a picturesque, old villa, with wonderful views, and yet the spa is so well equipped. The pool has a view, as do the lovely bar and restaurant. And the rooms and suites are decorated in a contemporary fashion, but make the best of the original features.
For Great Value
- Vannucci is a charming, 30 room hotel converted from a terracotta-painted villa in the bustling market town of Citta della Pieve, close to the border with Tuscany. Lush mature gardens surround the building, and there’s a pool terrace, spa facilities, and an elegant restaurant which spills out into the gardens. They also have a pizzeria trattoria. Inside the decor is a comfortable mix of traditional and contemporary design, with plenty of public space for relaxing indoors too.
- The Alla Posta dei Donini is a 48 room hotel formed from two interconnected historic villas in Santa Martino In Campo, just south of Perugia. The exterior has the austere charm of the area, with a boxy shape and tall, narrow windows. Inside are high ceilings welcoming cool breezes into classically decorated hotel rooms — the best suites have several rooms and original frescoes. There’s a pool outside, and a spa inside, with great facilities.
- As well as being great value, the Nikis Resort has two pools, both with exceptional views and an array of spa facilities, which is why our Gurus love it. They also love the location, on a hilltop just above Gubbio. Converted from an old stone farmhouse, this is now an elegant hideaway resort with 20 rustic chic rooms and apartment suites. All the rooms have tiled floors and exposed beams, as do the public areas of the resort, including the elegant restaurant — which also has a window in the floor down to the wine cellar.
Umbria’s Best B&Bs
- San Lorenzo Tre is an elegant, family-run B&B on Todi’s main piazza. It has just six rooms, and they’re all individually decorated, so staying here very much feels as if you’re a house guest, rather than a hotel guest. Highlights for our Gurus are the location, the friendly owners, the garden and the rooftop with its panoramic views of Todi.
- Torre Palombara is a small property converted from the dove tower of an elegant villa, nestled into the Umbrian countryside, over the hill from the edge of Terni. It has just seven rooms and suites, decorated with antiques, to complement the original features which include tiled floors, beamed ceilings, large, shuttered windows, and pigeon holes — for the doves. The best suite has a private terrace. Outside is a large garden with a pool, and lots of secluded terraces and hidden corners. There’s no restaurant, but the hosts do offer an alfresco breakfast, and restaurant recommendations.
- Il Ghiottone Umbro is a pretty B&B in Todi, with three light, bright and contemporary rooms in a former mill, on the edge of the historic part of town. Expect wonderful views, a garden with a terrace, an onsite cooking school, and stylish decor that references the building's original use and features original details in a contemporary way.
For a self-catering Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Umbria’s international airport, the Aeroporto International dell’Umbria, Perugia, is midway between Perugia and Assisi, and is served by a handful of international carriers. The next closest airport, Florence’s Amerigo Vespucci, is convenient for northern Umbria, or you might fly into Pisa, the Aeroporto di Pisa, which is served by a greater range of carriers but requires a bit more travel once you enter Italy.
- If you want to hire a car — which we strongly advise if you’re staying in Umbria and want to see the region's many treasures — we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- May is particularly beautiful, when the weather is balmy and the wildflowers out. Easter is wonderful but busy. September and October are also dry and sunny, but the hills will be less green. Like its neighbour Tuscany, Umbria is busiest in summer, so if you can visit in either spring or autumn you’ll have a quieter, and probably, more pleasant visit.
Still not sure which to book?
- You could refine your search to just the best places to stay in Assisi, Orvieto, tiny Todi or buzzing Perugia
- Or you might like to refine your search by the type of stay, and consider our Gurus' recommendations for the best hotels in Umbria with a pool, the best hotels in Umbria for couples, or the best family hotels in Umbria
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Tuscany or Le Marche,
- Alternatively, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Umbria
Best Hotels in Umbria
Relais Casamassima 06134 Perugia PG 5 rooms from $178Country Escape - With pretty gardens, a pool, cosy log fires and vineyards, this is an ideal country hideaway for both summer and winter breaks.Sights nearby - Visit amazing Umbrian sights such as The Labyrinth of Hadrian, an underground city, and the legendary Narni Fortress.Total relaxation - Surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, and with little sounds but the crickets and birds. Peaceful bliss!Romantic Break - With just five rooms and a wonderful tranquil atmosphere, it's ideal for a romantic getaway.Recommended by - I Escape
A lovely 16th-century Umbrian farmhouse surrounded by lush gardens. The five rooms are set around a leafy central courtyard creating a feeling of privacy. Each room is individually decorated some more classically romantic and others more modern and minimal. A truly bucolic rural getaway! See More
Ripa Medici Rooms and Suites Orvieto (TR) 3 rooms from $78Country Escape - A homely property offering spectacular views from it's cliffside vantage point, overlooking the undulating Umbrain countryside.Theatre - Follow one of the towns oldest traditions and make sure you visit the Teatro Mancinelli for a lively and varied programmeSights nearby - Explore 100's of years of history from the 11th century Duomo di Orvieto to the 16th century Pozzo di San PatrizioMuseums - Head to the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo di Orvieto and Museo Claudio Faina e Civico for a dose of culture.
A lovely townhouse B&B set on a hill, offering wonderful views over the town and countryside. There are either double rooms or suites with kitchenettes, all decorated in an elegant rustic-chic style, with a pastel palette and pretty, feminine antiques and floral fabrics. A romantic, cosy base. See More
Agriturismo La Corte Del Lupo Umbra (PG), Umbria 8 rooms from $89Riding - For those looking to try something different, a nearby riding stables offers horse treks through the pretty countryside.Hideaway - It is almost impossible to leave the simple elegant rooms, blissful quiet, wonderful food and warm friendly hosts.Cooking classes - Your lovely hosts offer fabulous cooking classes in the hotel, and once you have tried the food you will know why!Great walks - The 'green belt of Italy' offers plenty of scope for walking, or hop the border to Le Marche famed for trails.Recommended by - Sawdays
A charming 'agriturismo' in a beautiful green area of Umbria. Simple rooms are traditionally styled with exposed stone walls, terracotta tiled floors and cast iron beds. A large pool, bowling green, fantastic food and tranquil spots to curl up with a book make this a tough place to leave. See More
Relais il Canalicchio Canalicchio di Collazzone Perugia, Umbria 47 rooms from $111Foodies - Enjoy traditional Umbrian cuisine at the restaurant, or try your hand at cooking classes, as well as wine and olive oil tastingsSights nearby - You would be a-miss not to check out the nearby sights of- Di Filippo, St. Mary of the Angels and Basilica San Pietro.Learning - The hotel offers educational tours of the area for guests to learn more about the local culture and traditions.Great walks - The hotel organises long treks through the woods with orientation activities and other fun exploring games
An enchanting castle-like hotel in Umbria set on a hill with charming valley views. A selection of traditional chic rooms, suites, or two-room apartments with balconies. Fantastic Umbrian restaurant, an extensive spa, tennis courts, gardens and a pool. An ideal spot for an active country escape. See More
San Lorenzo Tre Todi 6 rooms from $106Hideaway - An authentic stay- right in the centre of Todi, with charming traditional interiors, wonderful views and a family run charm.Cycling - The hotel provides secure parking for bikes and is ideally located for exploring the town and surrounding valley by bike.Historic - This 17th century building has been the Gagliardi-Pellegrini home for five generations before it became a hotel.Great walks - There is so much to see in this ancient hilltop town and due to narrow paths it is best tackled on foot.
An elegant family run B&B in Todi's main Piazza. Charm and tradition decorate the walls of six bedrooms and faded living areas. Very friendly service, excellent value, a low key base to explore the surroundings from. See More
L’Orto degli Angeli Bevagna (Umbria) 14 rooms from $129Country Escape - This hotel offers an authentic Umbrain expereince, from the decor, to the food and the almost spiritual appreciation for beauty.Romantic Break - This fairytale 18th Century Italian villa is the perfect setting for a romantic getaway- think fourposter beds and open fires.Great walks - Take a morning stroll through the vineyards and soak up the wonderful sounds and smells of this stunning countryside.Cooking classes - Cooking lessons are avaliable at the hotel and are a fantastic way for guests to take local cuisine techniques home!
17th Century Palazzo converted to a stunning hotel. Romantic bedrooms with four-poster beds, wooden beams, beautiful antiques and pictures. Wonderful gardens offer organic produce to the Umbrian restaurant, which is in part of an ancient Roman amphitheatre. A romantic and intimate spot. See More
Monastero San Biagio Umbria 16 rooms from $118Spa breaks - An ideal hideaway for a tranquil recharge, with an indulgent 3 floor spa offering holistic massages and herbal treatmentsSights nearby - Assisi and Spello are the two nearest points of interest, about half an hour away and well worth a visitGreat walks - Explore the many lovely paths through hills and forests around the monasteryCooking classes - Cooking classes are available to guests at the hotel
A splendid monastery conversion surrounded by gardens with a pool. The real draw is the large and elegant spa, while interiors are refined and simple, with fresh bare stone and chic furniture. Classic rooms have fine wooden bedsteads and luxurious bathrooms. The fresh, organic cuisine is a treat. See More
Relais Ducale Gubbio 30 rooms from $121Sights nearby - Overlooking the Piazza Grande, one of the most beautiful squares in Italy, and is close to Duomo and several historic churches.Wine tasting - Many of the nearby vineyards hold wine tastings and the hotel staff will happily guide you to your most suited choice.Local exploring - Dozens of traditional sights in Gubbio and nearby towns, as well as wine tasting, fantastic restaurants and barsGreat walks - This ancient town is a treasure trove of sights and discoveries, wander the streets and soak it all in.
An authentic and charming city centre hotel. The rustic-chic rooms offer exposed stone walls, wooden floors and opulent drapes. Enjoy a relaxed drink at the elegant and intimate bar on the sun terrace or in the gardens. Walking distance to the city's sights. Romantic and welcoming. See More
Il Ghiottone Umbro Todi (Voc. Molino) 3 rooms from $122Hideaway - Nestled on the periphery of Todi in pretty, with secluded grounds, this hotel makes a great hideaway holiday destinationRomantic Break - The heritage building, verdant grounds and stylish rooms make this a romantic setting for a couple's getawayCooking classes - A professional in-house cookery school will have you whipping up local delicacies in no timeLocal exploring - Located within walking distance of the centre of Todi, it's a great base for local exploring
This pretty B&B is located in a former mill at the foot of historic Todi. The three individually styled rooms are bright and modern, with rustic touches adding a homely feel. Enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal al fresco, and book a cooking class at the onsite school. A charming stay for foodies! See More
Hotel Il Palazzo, Assisi Assisi (Umbria) 12 rooms from $122Foodies - With its central location close to many restaurants and bars in Assisi, there is plenty on offer local to the hotel for foodiesLocal exploring - Located in the picturesque town of Assisi in Umbria, this hotel is well-located for local exploringRomantic Break - With pretty heritage features and comfortable beds, this hotel scores highly with couplesSights nearby - Visit the nearby Basilica di San Francesco, one of the most important sites of Christian pilgrimage in Italy
This hotel is set in the 16th-century Palazzo Bartocci Fontana in Assisi. Rooms are modern and stylish, with unfussy interior design allowing the heritage features to speak for themselves; the best suites feature original frescoes, while the breakfast room boasts a vaulted ceiling. A charming hotel. See More
Le Silve di Armenzano Umbria 19 rooms from $142Back to Nature - A historic rural estate ideal for a refreshing, tranquil retreat- with a converted sheep barn restaurant and rustic chic vibesOther Activities - Experience the thrill of canyoning on the rock walls of the park of Mount Subasio or the quieter Trekking Water.Wildlife Area - With waterfalls dotted around the beautiful woods, you can walk, climb and swim in these idyllic surroundings.Great walks - There are many wonderful marked trails to explore though the woods and the hotel offers guided walks.
Gorgeous rustic-style hotel surrounded by lush gardens with two lovely pools and a great onsite restaurant featuring seasonal Umbrian specialities. Rooms are either modern and smart or rustic-medieval in style, some with terraces and all with lovely comfy beds. A truly bucolic base! See More
Villa della Genga Umbria 16 rooms from $126Back to Nature - Set in the heart of the wine country, this breathtaking estate is ideal for an idyylic countryside retreatRiding - The nearby riding school offers professional riding lessons which the hotel can assist you to set up.Other Activities - For a truly memorable experience take one of the estate's donkeys and explore the beautiful forest.Fishing - Any keen fishermen/women will be pleased to hear there are excellent fly-fishing spots in the area.
An estate comprised of 5 houses for guests, complete with elegant sitting rooms and kitchens and surrounded by lush gardens with a natural pool and woodland. Interiors beautifully complement the rustic architecture with fine wood furniture and gorgeous rugs, and the excellent cuisine is a highlight! See More
San Pietro sopra le Acque Massa Martana, Umbria 16 rooms from $150Families - As well as a good range of family friendly accommodation, there's a playground onsite and babysitting available.Tennis - Make the most of the facilities and check out the on site tennis courtsSights nearby - Make sure to check out Todi, Assisi, Spello and Terniare all nearby.Cooking classes - Book a class and learn to cook like an Italian
A converted Umbrian convent with every luxury. A fabulous position with gardens, pool, fitness and wellbeing centre. A small resort in itself offering a superb location for family holidays, weddings or business meetings. The rooms are elegantly decorated and furnished in traditional style. See More
San Crispino Residence Assisi 7 rooms from $132Romantic Break - A unique and beautifully restored mansion, with traditional stone and wood interiors, frescoes and views over the city.Sights nearby - Assisi has a great religious history so why not visit the Basilica of Saint Clare and the Basilica di San Francesco.Learning - Hop on the shuttle to the San Crispino wellness centre for painting, art history and cooking classes.Other Activities - For an interesting learning expereince visit Umbria's world famous olive mills less than a mile away.
An enchanting hotel in the centre of Assisi, bristling with charm and character. The rich history of the area is reflected in the beautiful frescoes, antique furniture and traditional stone interiors. The place to stay if you want to unlock this fascinating little Umbrian town. See More
Castello di Petroia Gubbio, Umbria 11 rooms from $133Foodies - The Michelin-starred chef has crafted the menu to accurately display dishes spanning the four centuries of the castle's history.Romantic Break - A picturesque castle perched on an Umbrian hillside offering romantic candlelite dinners and star gazing lead by astronomers.Hotel Entertainment - The light pollution free skies afford this location some of the best conditions for star gazing.Riding - Make the most of the expansive grounds and take one of the Freesian horses for a ride.Recommended by - Sawdays
A fairytale medieval castle, with hilltop views over its 900 acre estate. Show stopping cuisine in a candlelit setting, long walks through parkland, elegant bedrooms with four poster beds and private hot tubs. Special, secluded, and great for an intimate escape. See More
Palazzo Leti Spoleto 12 rooms from $154Sights nearby - Marvel at the porticoed facade of the Spoleto Cathedral, and inside you will find frescoes by the medieval artist Filippo Lippi.Museums - History buffs will love the Museo Archeologico which holds artefacts from the Roman & Bronze eras as well as the Teatro Romano.Other Activities - The gardens have recently been restored in the classical Italian style, making them a perfect location to admire the views.Romantic Break - In such a magical setting you will not be surprised that the hotel offers special bookings to cater for romantic getaways.
An elegant and sophisticated Umbrian palace in a hilltop town. Traditional rooms have killim rugs, exposed wooden beams and iron bedsteads. Beautiful gardens with box hedges to have breakfast in, stunning public areas with original frescoed ceilings. A romantic choice for local exploring. See More
La Locanda del Capitano Montone, PG, Umbria 10 rooms from $155Wine tasting - This area has some wonderful winerys and the hotel will happily organise tours of the regions best vineyards.Foodies - Chef Giancarlo Polito creates show stopping regional gourmet dishes that attract diners from far and wide.Cooking classes - What better way to appreciate this incredible food than to pick up some skills from Giancarlo Polito.Cycling - Bikes are available for you to explore the local countryside by your own pedal power.
Time appears to have stopped in the medieval village of Montone. Located on a hilltop with far reaching views of the Umbrian countryside. Rooms feature wrought iron beds and are filled with antiques. With chef Giancarlo Polito behind the helm, the cuisine is what shines at this property. See More
Altarocca Wine Resort Orvieto (05010 Terni TR) 36 rooms from $138Total relaxation - This slow paced paradise also offers a spa complete with indoor heated pool, a Finnish sauna, a Turkish bath, and massage rooms.Hotel Entertainment - Guests find it hard to drag themselves away from the 'slow food' restaurant, expert wine pairings and tastings in the cellar.Great walks - Head out on one of the peaceful rural paths to soak in some fresh country air filled with scents of herbs, grapes and roses.Romantic Break - An idyllic adults only resort offering fabulous food, an extensive wine list, spectacular views and chic suites.
A lovely vineyard resort with a choice of indoor and outdoor pools as well as an indulgent on-site spa. Interiors are unfussy and fresh, exuding simple elegance. Rooms are similarly smart, with sink-into beds and great views. The restaurant serving regional Umbrian cuisine is a real highlight. See More
Alla Posta dei Donini Perugia (Umbria) 48 rooms from $138Hideaway - Nestled in the Umbrian countryside just outside of Perugia, this hotel makes a great hideaway holiday destinationRomantic Break - This heritage hotel, with its modern spa and pool, makes a romantic setting for a couple's getawaySpa breaks - The state-of-the-art facilities at the hotel spa make it a great option for a spa break holidayCooking classes - Take a cooking class in Perugia and discover the secrets to Umbrian cuisine; enquire at the hotel for recommendationsRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
This elegant hotel occupies a historic residence in the town of San Martino in Campo. Guestrooms are located in two interconnected villas and feature classic interior design and heritage details; the best suites offer multiple rooms with original door and ceiling frescoes. A stately country retreat. See More
Vannucci Citta Della Pieve (Umbria) 30 rooms from $140Romantic Break - Start your stay off with some welcome bubbles, then a stroll around the lovely gardens, followed by an excellent dinner.Sights nearby - The thermal baths of San Casciano dei Bagni are located 20 minutes from the hotel and well worth checking out.Total relaxation - Great spa treatments, sauna to relax in and a plunge pool to cool you off. The perfect place to unwind.Local markets - Ask at recepetion when the local markets are taking place. They are a great insight into local life.
Grey shuttered hotel in attractive grounds in a bustling market town. Rooms consist of traditional and contemporary interior design. Lovely sun deck, plunge pool and spa facilities, elegant restaurant serving regional dishes. A lovely spot to explore the local surroundings from. See More
Nikis Resort Gubbio PG 20 rooms from $143Hideaway - A magical location, perched a top an ancient village overlooking the valley of Assino and offering magnificent views.Other Activities - For a romantic and memorable expereince hot air ballooning can be done in the valleys of Assisi and Tiber.Wine tasting - A tour of the hotel's winery is available as well as wine tasting of their own and others in the region.Active Holiday - Lying in a rich region full of nature and outdoor recreations such as horse riding, trekking and golf.Recommended by - Sawdays
An old stone-built farmhouse with terracotta tiling serves as a hideaway resort seductively perched in a hilltop village. The rooms have a rustic aesthetic with tiled flooring and wooden beams. An array of spa facilities are on offer and the traditional dining are a real draw. See More
Park Hotel ai Cappuccini Gubbio 92 rooms from $145Great walks - To walk in the footsteps of those who last inhabited the Monestry, check out the picturesque pilgrimage route, St Francis' Way.Wildlife Area - For an authentic and interesting way to see the countryside guests should enquire about guided truffle-hunting walks.Total relaxation - A peaceful and unique location in the idyllic Umbrian hills, with a top-notch spa for an uber relaxing stay.Yoga - Start your day on the best note by booking a yoga session through the hotel's wellness centre.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A large, 17th-century converted monastery housing a restaurant and spa, with great views and gardens. Smart interiors are elegant with classic paintings, tapestries and modern furniture. The fine rooms vary, some sumptuous with four posters and others stylishly simple. A delight! See More
Misia Country Resort & Spa Orvieto (Umbria) 12 rooms from $145Country Escape - Overlooking the beautiful woodlands outside of Orvieto, this resort makes a great escape to the countryLocal exploring - Located close to Orvieto, there is plenty of local exploring to do surrounding the hotelFamilies - The self-contained apartments are perfect for families travelling with childrenSights nearby - Visit Orvieto Cathedral, a large 14th-century Roman Catholic cathedral dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
This hotel is located in the quiet village of Rocca Ripesena. The resort offers private rooms and self-contained apartments; the accommodation is bright and spacious with a blend of modern and classic interior design. Book an apartment with a games room for added family fun; a charming country stay. See More
Agriturismo La Ghirlanda Gualdo Cattaneo, Umbria 13 rooms from $174Riding - Take a guided horseback tour of the local vineyards and olive groves, a beautiful way to soak up the landscape.Cooking classes - Make sure to sign up for cookery classes in the hotel's own kitchens centering around pasta, fish, and meat.Country Escape - Cookery and wine tasting classes, riding and cycling, or simply enjoying the breeze from the outdoor pool.Great walks - Make the most of the hotel's 200 hectares of lush countryside and strike out for a scenic stroll.
Lovely country house hotel. Rooms feature terracotta floors, wrought iron furniture and traditional rustic fabrics. Outdoor pool, gardens and sun terrace. Excellent Umbrian cuisine and superb wine list. Quiet location and good value, perfect for groups or families. See More
Casale Valigi Umbria 6 rooms from $156Other Activities - Ask at the hotel staff to point you in the right direction and discover local convents, monasteries and small hidden churches.Foodies - The hotel can advise you on gastronomic walks to explore the regions finest wine, olive oil, cheese, meats and mushrooms.Riding - For those comfortable on horseback the hotel can organise an idyllic horse-riding tour of the countryside.Families - Most of the rooms can accommodate at least one extra bed and the pool is sure to be a hit with the kids.
A tranquil Umbrian farmhouse surrounded by idyllic rolling gardens with an outdoor pool. Bare, stone tiled interiors are fresh with a timeless, simple elegance- while rooms are similar in style with a subdued palette and some with fine Persian rugs. A sophisticated choice for a rural retreat. See More
Relais Tenuta del Gallo Amelia Terni, Umbria 9 rooms from $160Foodies - The restaurant has been featured on the Michelin guide and is well known for the modern take of traditional local cuisine.Other Activities - The hotel offers flower arranging classes for guests who would like to make the most of the abundent gardens.Riding - For those guests comfortable on horseback there is a stables nextdoor offering trekking and polo.Cooking classes - They offer cooking classes for children, a wonderful way to expose your kids to Italian culture.
A beautiful Umbrian country house surrounded by vineyards, olive groves, and lemon trees. Romantic rooms and suites have four poster beds and luxurious, but traditional furnishings. Excellent wine cellar, a renowned Italian restaurant, and stunning gardens with a pool. Spectacular, family friendly. See More
Borgo della Marmotta Spoleto, Umbria 11 rooms from $188Local exploring - Explore the hotels olive oil factory, go truffle hunting in the local area or head to the array of historic towns nearbySights nearby - Spoleto is just 10 mins away, or further afield is Orvieto (an hour).Cooking classes - The hotel can organise cookery classes for groups of up to 20Great walks - Lovely walking through the beautiful Umbrian countrysideRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
Rustic chic luxury in this renovated farmhouse in the countryside. Beautifully decorated rooms and apartments in neutral tones with four poster beds and elegant furniture. Swimming pool, sauna, and local cuisine from terraces. A great choice for a romantic holiday, very family friendly too. See More
Villa di Monte Solare Tavernelle di Panicale, Umbria 15 rooms from $191Country Escape - Simple elegant interiors, gorgeous gardens and surrounded by vineyards, mulberry trees, and olive grovesTotal relaxation - The 'Limonaia' holds the hotels on site spa, with a range of treatments, sauna and hydrotherapy areaTennis - If you can drag yourself away from the pools and spa there is also an on site tennis court- spoilt for choice!Great walks - You are spoilt for choice when it comes to the many walking trails in the areaRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
An indulgent and picturesque spa retreat situated on an expansive estate dotted with vineyards and olive groves. The elegant rooms offer crisp white bedding, honey tones and ceiling beams. With two pools, a spa, tennis courts and a cookery school you will find plenty to keep you entertained. Bliss. See More
Abbazia San Pietro in Valle Ferentillo, Umbria 19 rooms from $167Romantic Break - A spectaculary fairy-tale spot offering romantic couples breaks filled with prosecco, massages and candlelight dinnersWeddings - A former Abbey with a beautifully fresoced chapel perfect for a true Catholic wedding in the heart of Umbria.Cooking classes - If you can't get enough of the Italian cuisine you should sign up for the couples cooking course package.Hotel Entertainment - After a day of activities enjoy an Indian body massage at the in house wellness centre.
A gorgeous pale-stone Abbey, perched in the Umbrian hills. A country escape steeped in history, with all the comforts of a hotel. Beautiful cloisters, traditional rooms and family suites with Benedictine origins — stone floors, wooden beams, paintings — great food and lovely gardens. See More
Locanda della Posta 06121 Perugia PG 17 rooms from $167Sights nearby - Visit The Etruscan Arch, San Lorenzo Church and the Arco d’Augusto, all within easy striking distance of the hotel.Great walks - Walk along the water supply of the city starting from the iconic Fontana Maggiore, the symbol of Perugia.Museums - For a shot of culture head to the Museo Archeologico and the Galleria Nazzionale dell'arte.Wildlife Area - If you want a break from city's bustle head to the beautiful Parco Naturale di Monte Tezio.
A gorgeous Perugian townhouse hotel with original ceiling frescoes and smart interiors offering fresh, tasty breakfasts. Rooms are chic and minimal in a calm neutral palette, featuring comfortable beds and tasteful fittings. A great city bolthole popular with couples. See More
Borgo di Carpiano Gubbio, Umbria 10 rooms from $167Country Escape - The buildings of this ancient hamlet are cushioned by fruit trees, vegetable patches, lavendar bushes and blooms of every colourTotal relaxation - A peaceful retreat with an infinity pool, jacuzzi, al fresco dining and silence only broken by birdsong and buzzing bees.Sights nearby - Situated 12km from mediaeval Gubbio. Great base for exploring the many attractions around including Assisi and TodiRestaurant - The food sourced is as locally sourced as possible - with an emphasis on "zero miles food"
Ancient hamlet turned country house hotel, within striking distance of historic Gubbio. Eclectic features meet with wooden floors, beamed ceilings and simple elegant furnishings in the carefully restored rooms. Wonderful infinity pool with country views, and fantastic local seasonal food. Heaven! See More
Castello di Monterone Perugia 18 rooms from $197Cooking classes - The hotel offers private cooking classes, a romantic afternoons activity and a wonderful way to take Italy home with you.Romantic Break - For a fairytale expereince request Camera delle Dame, an intimate room offering fabulous views fully frescoed walls.Sights nearby - San Bevignate Templar church is just down the road and well worth checking out for its 13th-century frescoes.Great walks - From the Tiber Valley to the Valnerina there are many hiking routes in Umbria.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels , Tablet
A 14th century castle located atop the Umbrian hills. There are indoor and outdoor dining options and a locally sourced menu. Stylish rooms ooze period charm: arched windows, exposed stone, four poster beds and whitewashed decor. There is a pool, hammam and massages available. See More
Torre Palombara Umbria 7 rooms from $172Total relaxation - With its peaceful, secluded setting, on-site pool and comfortable rooms, this resort offers guests total relaxationCountry Escape - Located in the heart of the Umbrian countryside, this resort makes a fantastic escape to the countryRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's heritage features and the pretty outdoor poolSights nearby - Visit the Cascata delle Marmore, man-made Roman waterfalls located close to the hotel
This exclusive resort is nestled in the Umbrian countryside. Rooms are traditionally dressed with antique furniture to complement the property's heritage features; the best suite has an intimate private terrace. Unwind by the pretty outdoor pool or in the gardens. A tranquil escape to the country. See More
Tenuta di Murlo Migiana di Monte Tezio, Umbria from $178Cooking classes - Take the very best of Umbrian cooking home with you and take part in the fantastic cookery courses available on site.Foodies - Relax in your villa with a private chef cooking up a storm, or sip on an aperitivo at the glamorous Orangerie barHideaway - Take the Old Mill villa, complete with hot spring spa, for an exclusive two room wellness getaway.Great walks - This is a nature lovers heaven with thousands of hectares of pristine forested hills to explore.
Umbria's best kept secret- thousands of hectares of pristine woodland dotted with lovingly restored luxury villas. Simple elegant interiors, professional level kitchens, private pools and lovely gardens. The communal areas include a fabulous restaurant, farm shop and a chic bar. Heaven. See More
Relais dei Magi Citta Della Pieve 14 rooms from $205Country Escape - Enjoy long days by the pool, explore the fragrant gardens, take a stroll through the woods and soak up the Umbrian countrysideGreat walks - Explore the 4KM walking trail through the properties grounds, follow the map to find olive groves and meadowsSights nearby - Città della Pieve, Siena, Perugia, Cortona, Montepulciano, Pienza and Assisi.Views - Surrounded by woods with views over the hills surrounding Lake Trasimeno.
An attractive country house in the foothills, not far from Lake Trasimeno. Set amongst woods, olive trees, and grasslands, the hotel has wonderful panoramic views. Cosy rooms, suites, and a few apartments all decorated with traditional elegance. Excellent Umbrian restaurant and wine cellar. See More
Locanda del Gallo Gubbio, Umbria 10 rooms from $189Other Activities - Learn the traditional art of hand weaving and treating fabric with vegetable dyes at Renza’s workshop just 10 minutes walk awayTotal relaxation - Food for the soul- sip wine on the wrap around veranda, plunge into the hillside infinity pool and steam in the Turkish bathSights nearby - The nearby ancient towns of Gubbio, Perugia, Assisi, Todi, Orvieto, and Spoleto hold a treasure trove of sightsGreat walks - Wander out in any direction from the palazzo and you will stumble across breathtaking trailsRecommended by - Sawdays
A peaceful haven nestled in 28 hectares of woodland, terraced lawns and gardens. The elegant rooms offer traditional Italian style shot through with reclaimed Balinese doors and carved furniture. A hillside pool, Turkish bath and wrap around veranda complete the picture. See More
Borgo La Chiaracia Orvieto (Castel Giorgio) 26 rooms from $190Romantic Break - With its tranquil country setting, luxurious rooms and sleek spa, this hotel ticks the boxes for a romantic getawayCountry Escape - Located in the quiet and picturesque Umbrian countryside, this hotel is the perfect escape to the countrySpa breaks - The hotel's state-of-the-art spa facilities make it a great option for a spa break holidayGreat walks - Plan a day of long walks to explore the Umbrian countryside at the nearby Monte Rufeno Nature ReserveRecommended by - Tablet
This five-star resort and spa is nestled in the Umbrian countryside. The well-appointed rooms are spread across three traditional buildings. Rooms are inspired by classic design and feature luxury fabrics; the best suites have a private terrace. Book into the serene hotel spa; an indulgent resort. See More
Palazzo Bontadosi Montefalco (Perugia) 6 rooms from $199Museums - The hotel is also an art gallery, the breakfast room serves as exhibition space and contemporary works hang in all the bedrooms.Historic - This former bishop's palace has plenty to offer, from frescoed ceilings to original architecture and even an in house ghost!Wine tasting - Montefalco is surrounded by some of Italy's finest wineries, make sure to take some time to check them out.Sights nearby - Situated in the main square of Montefalco, just around the corner from the San Francesco museum.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Former Cardinal's house in a hilltop village with a great spa. Original frescoes adorn the ceilings of traditional and elegant rooms and suites. Excellent restaurant and terrace, and the well equipped spa has an indoor salt water pool. A wonderful urban break steeped in history. See More
Castello di Postignano Postignano, Umbria 12 rooms from $232Groups - A picturesque village all to yourselves! Self catering apartments, concerts in the church, art exhibitions and excellent foodRestaurant - Trattoria La Casa Rosa serves Umbrian cuisine created from locally sourced ingredients.Sights nearby - Great base for exploring the best of Umbria including Perugia, Spoleto, Norcia etcLocal markets - There is a charming boutique that stocks local goods and regional specialitiesRecommended by - Sawdays
Superb sympathetic restoration of an ancient Umbrian village. The property has been hauled into the twenty first century but has not lost any of its former charms including original frescoes in the mediaeval chapel. Come here for total relaxation combined with luxury and sophistication. See More
Locanda Palazzone Orvieto, Umbria 5 rooms from $240Sights nearby - Take the funicular railway to Orvieto (a no car town) and check out the Duomo and Luca Signorelli's magnificent frescoes.Wine tasting - A perfect location to taste the deliscous white wine produced on site, guests can even help out at harvesting time!Cooking classes - For those wishing to bring home more than a tan. two hour private cookery lessons can be arranged with the chef.Foodies - A foodies heaven set on one of Umbria’s most famous wine farms, and serving five course set dinnnersRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape, Sawdays
Gorgeous rustic country house with excellent food and lovely views. Various rooms, suites, family rooms and apartments, all simply designed, cater to families, friends, and couples. Swimming pool, terraces, and five course set dinners. A very bucolic spot. See More
Borgobrufa Spa Resort Brufa di Torgiano, Umbria 50 rooms from $217Country Escape - Located in the picturesque Umbrian countryside, this spa resort is a great escape from the citySpa breaks - The hotel spa's extensive and top-of-the-range facilities make it perfect for a spa breakRomantic Break - Couples love this luxury resort for the fantastic spa, pool and multiple restaurantsSights nearby - Drive to the picturesque town of Perugia Rocca Paolina, a 16th-century fortress and museum
This spa resort is the largest in Umbria, located close to Perugia. Rooms are dressed in a traditional Umbrian style with wooden floors, tiles and exposed beams; the best suites offer a private indoor pool and living area. Indulge at the luxury hotel spa before dining at the restaurant. A VIP hotel. See More
La Palazette del Vescovo Fratta Todina, Umbria 9 rooms from $250Country Escape - A peaceful and elegant retreat overlooking the Tiber valley. Bees hum, birds chirp and you will never want to leaveGreat walks - Traverse the hills and vineyards that surround the hotel, discovering breathtaking views and ancient villages.Cycling - Your helpful hosts Paola and Stefano will gladly organise some bikes for you, and tell you the best routes.Foodies - Truffle hunting, wine tastings and cooking classes can all be arranged by the hotelRecommended by - Sawdays
Secluded, rural, and intimate country house with beautiful views over the valley. Polished bedrooms and suites combine original elements - exposed brick, wooden beams, four poster bed - with modern amenities and neutral tones. Fantastic home-cooked food, art classes, and a pool. Rural relaxation. See More
Castello di Petrata PG, Umbria 22 rooms from $250Families - There are plenty of recreational activities for children like target bow and cross bow shooting as well as a tennis court.Active Holiday - An array of activities outdoors like trekking, mountain biking, climbing and paragliding are available nearby.Country Escape - A country style hotel surrounded by beautiful landscapes - gardens, orchards, olive groves and forests.Cooking classes - Classes are held in the restaurant by the fantastic in house chef.
A calm and serene country escape, just outside Assisi. Rooms feature wooden beam ceilings and wrought iron beds, with all modern comforts. Relax and unwind at the exclusive spa, or a by the pool. The restaurant serves mouthwatering regional cuisine with a view, in the lovely gardens. Bliss! See More
Palazzo Seneca Norcia 24 rooms from $222Romantic Break - A suave 16th-century Palazzo for a grown up getaway with palatial fourposter beds, fantastic spa and an indulgent restaurant.Local exploring - This stunning Umbrian landscape boasts fantastic walking where you might spot snow marten, red deer, and golden eagles.Skiing - Ski resorts in the Sibillini Mountains are accessible for a days skiing during the winter months.Other Activities - For the thrill seekers amongst you, paragliding and hang gliding are available nearby.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Tablet
A glorious Umbrian hotel set in an old palazzo. Traditional family-run hospitality melded with modern requirements. A fine restaurant, romantic rooms with four-poster beds, excellent spa and pool. An indulgent spot with bags of character. See More
I Capricci di Merion Tuoro sul Trasimeno (Perugia), Umbria 9 rooms from $258Total relaxation - Tuscan retreat offering elegant suites with four-poster beds and claw-footed tubs plus a relaxtion zone with sauna and hot tub.Country Escape - Beautifully restored country house nestled in olive groves and fragrant gardens, with al fresco dining overlooking the lake.Cooking classes - Learn to whip up your favouirte Tuscan dishes with the phenomenal in house chef.Fishing - Head out on Trasimeno lake with local fishermen to show you the ropes.
Art nouveau villa set in a park of lawns and olive trees. Rustic, romantically decorated rooms infused with the owner's passion for painting, poetry and music. An excellent restaurant and a small spa. A characterful country escape for romantics and local explorers. See More
Hotel Brufani Perugia (Umbria) 94 rooms from $264Total relaxation - With a spa & restaurant on-site, plus fantastic service from hotel staff, you can completely relax on your break at this hotel.Honeymoons - The impressive suites at this heritage hotel are exactly the added luxury that will make your honeymoon one to remember.Museums - Visit the Museo Archeologico Nazionale dell'Umbria, an archaeological museum with an extensive collection.Other Activities - Enjoy a truffle-hunting experience with truffle company Urbani Tartufi, in partnership with the hotel.
This luxury hotel is the only five-star offering in Perugia. Rooms nod to the property's aristocratic past with classic interior design and luxury fabrics; the best suite offers multiple rooms and a private terrace. Eat at the refined hotel restaurant before booking into the spa; an elegant stay. See More
Tenuta di Canonica Todi (Umbria) 13 rooms from $233Romantic Break - The perfect setting for a romantic retreat- In-room massage, private dinners in the grounds and beautiful scenery.Hotel Entertainment - After a day outdoors, enjoy a glass of wine and a game of billiards or settle with a book in the library.Great walks - Explore the olive groves and fruit orchards at dusk or dawn for some tranquil stolls.Wildlife Area - Nature lovers will enjoy exploring the acres and forest surrounding the property.Recommended by - Tablet
An ancient watertower overlooking immaculate gardens, valleys of olive and fruit trees and the medieval town of Todi. Rooms are stylish, cuisine is traditional Umbrian and the pool comes with a view. Sophisticated, welcoming & beautiful- a great choice for a romantic escape in an unrivalled setting. See More
Castello di Montignano Massa Martana, Umbria 12 rooms from $233Romantic Break - Beautiful rooms offering excellent views, the scent of climbing roses wafting through the air and intimate candlelite dinners.Spa breaks - Try the traditional Roman thermal circuit as well as Hot Stone Ayurvedic massage, anti-ageing facial, the wine body peelCooking classes - If you book in advance of your stay the excellent chef offers Umrain cooking classes for 2 or more people.Wine tasting - Make the most of Umbrian cuisine culture and check out the food and wine tastings available on request.Recommended by - I Escape
Beautiful country house spa hotel with excellent views. Contemporary elegant rooms, suites and an apartment with white washed walls, modern four poster beds, and private balconies. Fantastically equipped spa, swimming pool, and lovely restaurant. Romantic, family friendly, spa focused. See More
Fattoria di Vibio Todi (Umbria) 18 rooms from $245Country Escape - Set in the beautiful landscape of a World Biosphere Reserve, this hotel makes a true Italian hideawayTotal relaxation - Enjoy total relaxation here with swimming pools, in-room massage and beautiful Umbrian countrysideRiding - The riding school horses are trained in the American-style and are perfect for exploring the areaLearning - Courses in Italian are avaliable to those interested in learning the local language
This hotel offers rustic-style private cottages in the Monte Peglia and Selva di Meana Park in Umbria. Inside, whitewashed walls and stone floors are set off by bright ceramics and local textiles. Head to the Zen spa for great valley views, the perfect place to relax and unwind. See More
Relais Todini Perugia, Umbria 12 rooms from $245Weddings - A dream location for a wedding, with picture perfect views, reasonable delicious wine and private rooms with capacity of 200Romantic Break - You will be wowed by the fantastic food, elegant interiors, wine baths, massages, and outdoor hot tub overlooking the hillsSights nearby - Todi 8.5 Km Perugia 40 km Terni 40 km Todi, Perugia, Tenri and Spoleto all under 50km awayCooking classes - The hotel organises excellent Umbrian cooking classes as well as truffle hunts
A Five Star hotel set in a 12th century country house. Large rooms filled with antique furniture and textiles, frescoes and stone walls. Stunning views of Umbria. Excellent restaurant, wine cellar, pool and spa offer relaxation. A romantic spot for couples with all the facilities. See More
Le Logge di Silvignano Umbria 6 rooms from $259Foodies - Spoleto and Sagrantino wine festivals annually held, Gusto Umbrian wine tours, nearby Bio restaurant with specialist cuisineFamilies - Apartments host bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, living spaces making it a great choice for a family or groupGreat walks - The hotel can direct you to excellent local trails which can be enjoyed on foot, bike or horseback.Cooking classes - Cooking classes can be arranged and are a great way to take home the magic of Umbria with you!
A rustic property set in a medieval building and tower. Charming apartments with kitchens, and living rooms with cosy fireplaces. The sprawling gardens have herbs, olive trees and roses, as well as a pool. Plenty of wine and food related excursions. A great choice for families or foodies. See More
Borgo Dei Conti Umbria 50 rooms from $265Spa breaks - With first-class facilities in the luxurious on-site spa, this hotel is the perfect option for a relaxing spa breakCountry Escape - Located on an idyllic country estate in the rolling hills of Umbria, this hotel is a great escape from the cityRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's heritage features, the sleek spa and the cosy lounge barGreat walks - Plan a day out to Lago Trasimeno, a beautiful natural lake with surrounding woodland located close to the hotelRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
This luxury hotel is nestled on a country estate in Umbria. Rooms are modern and dressed in an earthy palette; the best suites boast original heritage features such as open fireplaces and frescoes. Choose between the two restaurants or the lounge bar before a spa treatment. A luxury country escape. See More
Eremito Hotelito del Alma Parrano, Umbria 14 rooms from $418Eco break - No phones, tvs, or fridges in the rooms; all power comes from a photovoltaic system and candles are the main source of lightingBack to Nature - Wonderful peaceful setting surrounded by 7000 acres of private woods and hills, only the sound of wind in the trees at nightTotal relaxation - Exuding pared back monastic charm, think candlelight, stone chambers, yoga, meditation and excellent vegetarain foodAll inclusive - The price quoted includes all meals (vegetarian) and local wines, hot & cold drinks and use of the relaxation areaRecommended by - Tablet, Design Hotels, Kiwi Collection
A monastic Medieval detox in Umbria, with single 'celluzze' rooms only. Stripped back to essential comforts, such as hand embroidered sheets. Situated in 7000 untouched acres, the house took four years to build from scratch. Vegetarian menu, simple yet chic eco spa, Gregorian chants - near perfect See More
Nun Assisi Relais & Spa Assisi (Piazza Giacomo Matteotti) 18 rooms from $380Riding - Book the hotel's adventure package for an hour-long horseback ride in the neighbouring nature reserve, Valle del Ventia.Designer Shopping - Indulge in a trip to the most exclusive boutiques in the region with a personal shopper, available through the hotel.Local exploring - There is plenty of local exploring to be done in and around the pretty town of Assisi where the hotel is situated.Country Escape - Located within an ancient monastery, dotted with fragrant lavander plants and offering views of Mount Subasio.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
This five-star hotel is housed in a 13th-century monastery in Assisi, Umbria. Suites have elegant, modern interior design; the best feature original frescoes and exposed stone walls. Eat at the gourmet restaurant, headed by Emanuele Mazzella, before a drink at the cosy bar; a unique heritage hotel. See More
Torre di Moravola Montone Perugia, Umbria 8 rooms from $411Weddings - A fairytale location for a wedding- medieval conversion towers, gourmet cuisine, breathtaking views and excellent wineFoodies - Hunt for wild asparagus in spring and go foraging for truffle and porcini with local guidesOther Activities - Do not miss the rooftop infinity pool with views over the valley, an unexpected delight.Cycling - If your legs can handle the hilly terrain you will be rewarded with awe inspiring viewsRecommended by - Tablet
A medieval watch tower renovated with minimalistic flair. Panoramic views from every room and suite, all with exposed stone work, fire places and white washed walls. An ideal spot for a house party, romantic retreat or a wedding. See More