Search the best hotels in Zurs
Zürs is within the Arlberg ski area, a spectacular mountain pass with runs from altitudes of 2811 metres all the way down to 1300 metres. Our pick of the best places to stay in Zürs are superbly located to make the most of the winter sports with its ski-in ski-out location.
This is one of the world's best ski regions. Often called Lech Zürs am Arlberg. Skiers only need one pass to ski this whole winter wonderland of 80+ inclines and lifts and over 276kms of slopes.
The altitude and position, surrounded by the alps, means that Zürs gets reliably excellent snow. It is spectacularly beautiful. Both contribute to the region's popularity and this is a popular spot, covered in resorts.
Despite its popularity the infrastructure is excellent and there's plenty of space, so you should only queue just as the ski schools are opening. Arlberg is the birthplace of the ski school with terrain to suit all levels.
Between them, Zürs, and the twin resort of Lech have something to suit every kind of skier. Zürs has the nursery slopes, Lech has a good assortment of gentler pistes. There's plenty of pistes to challenge intermediate skiers and off-piste options for the more adventurous. One of the longest runs in the area, the famous 'Der Weisse Ringe' (The White Ring) runs 22kms between the two towns.
Zürs has the better skiing, but Lech has the glamour - this is the kind of place where you're likely to see Lamborghinis with snow chains, the boutiques carry mink and diamonds - and the traditional alpine village feel.
What not to miss:
- Try your hand at cross-country skiing on the many picturesque trails.
- Ski or board the wide options of beautifully manicured slopes.
- Spend your days hiking through the scenic mountains during the summer months.
- Speed down the specially designed toboggan run.
A very popular location means that many of the best places to stay in Zurs are quickly snapped up so make your plans and secure your booking soon.
- If you want a resort with everything then Thurnhers Alpenhof is one of the best places to stay in Zürs. There's an in-house skiing and snowboarding instructor and a spa where staff will devise a personalised program for you - which can also include gourmet five to eight course dinners every evening. This resort has been in the same family for almost fifty years and they really know how to look after guests
- The super modern alpine Hotel Zursehof enjoys a picturesque setting. Find individual and customised spa service and gourmet food.
- Hotel Lorunser is a charmingly luxurious hotel with probably the best location in town. Full-board accommodation, a fantastic wine list and a cosy bar decorated with antiques and fireplace.
At the exclusive family owned mountain hotel, Thurnhers Alpenhof, pampering is paramount, from the in-house ski and snowboard instructor to the spa whose staff will devise a personal programme for your stay. On top of this enjoy afternoon tea taken in the lounge and gourmet 5 or 8 course dinners every night.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The nearest airports are Innsbruck 90 minutes (116km); Friedrichshafen 95 minutes (130km); Zurich two hours and 15 minutes (196km).
- Best time to visit - The ski season runs from November end - April end. For hikers, visit in the summer months June - August when day temperatures average 20°C.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Zurs
Hotel Edelweiss 60 rooms from £149Zurs
A Skihotel set in a stunning location, in the centre of Zurs. Interiors are sophisticated and all grown-up. Rooms come with bath tubs. A restaurant, a popular bar and a spa make it an apt choice while on a ski break.Local exploring - Located in the heart of Zurs, you can ski from and to the front doorActive Holiday - Ideal for ski-ers. Courses for beginners are available as wellLively - Hip and happening.Private Hot Tub
Hotel Zurserhof 96 rooms from £289Zurs (Zürs 75)
Super modern, this alpine hotel enjoys a picturesque setting. Individual and customised spa service and gourmet food at the restaurant. Smart rooms offer great views. A very warm and hospitable service - feels like 5 star luxury.Total relaxation - A luxurious spa offering special treatments for complete zen. Also comes with wonderful viewsFoodies - The Züeserhof - a popular restaurant offers a creatively designed menuRomantic Break - Spectacular location, beautiful rooms and great food. Good for couplesActive Holiday - Good for ski-ing and enjoying outdoor activities with your loved one
Hotel Lorunser 76 rooms from £409Zurs (Zürs 112)
A charmingly luxurious hotel with probably the best location in town. Full-board accommodation, a fantastic wine list and a cosy bar decorated with antiques and a fireplace. Rooms have rich vintage interiors. A spa and wellness centre for relaxation. An indulgent stay that you won't want to leave.Total relaxation - A fitness centre with a techno-gym, full service spa, massages and a hair/beauty salon on siteRomantic Break - A really comfy hotel in a romantic destination. Good for young couplesCountry Escape - Beautiful countryside at your doorstep waiting to be exploredSwimming Pool - Indoor pool for all seasons
Thurnhers Alpenhof 14 rooms from £430Zurs
Exclusive family owned mountain hotel where pampering is paramount, from the in-house ski & snowboard instructor to the spa whose staff will devise a personal programme for your stay. On top of this enjoy afternoon tea taken in the lounge and gourmet 5 or 8 course dinners every night.Skiing - Ski back directly to the hotel door! In-house ski/snowboard instructor.Views - Stunning views of the surrounding mountains.Spa - With panoramic roof terraceSwimming Pool - Indoor heated poolRecommended by - Kiwi Collection