- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Abaco Islands
About Abaco Islands
The Abacos spread east of Grand Bahama, a beautiful crescent of little cays, atolls and islands, much loved by both divers and sailors. Their reefs are spectacular viewed from both above and below the surface. Most of the best places to stay in the Abaco Islands can be found on Great Abaco and Little Abaco, or else they'll be a resort with their very own private island.
While many of the Bahama's 'Out Islands' are considered sleepy, the beauty of the Abacos, and their popularity with both the sailing and diving community, mean that they can actually feel quite buzzy at some times of year.
As well as the water fun on offer here, the Abaco Islands have some paradise-perfect stretches of sandy beach - namely Treasure Cay, which is frequently seen in 'Top Ten Beach' lists, and some great attractions and atmospheric museums. Don't miss a pootle over to Elbow Cay on the ferry. You can visit Hope Town, famous for its pretty pastel shaded clapboad houses, and see its candy striped lighthouse - which saved about a ship a month from the treacherous reefs, when it was built in 1863.
As with all popular Caribbean destinations, the best places to stay in the Abaco Islands will be very busy during peak season. So get organised and book your holiday early. Otherwise, plan your trip during quieter months, when you'll really get to appreciate those empty pristine beaches!
- The Abaco inn is a tropical charmer right on the beachfront. As well as palm print and cane furniture, there are hammocks and large balconies. Villas have kitchens, but there's also an outstanding seafood restaurant with a sunset-facing bar.
- The Bahama Beach Club is a beautiful apartment hotel right on the beach with modern, but tropical, decor, manicured gardens and great seafood served in the beachside restaurant. There's plenty of room and facilities for all!
- The Hope Town Harbour Lodge is a small, pretty hotel with spectacular Atlantic views. Their larger suites also have kitchenettes and living rooms, and there's an excellent kid's club specialising in sailing.
For divers and sailors
- The Seascape Inn is a collection of rustic, beachfront cottages with simple, but charming, features and spectacular views. The gardens surrounding the five cottages are lush. But it's not all simplicity, there's an excellent restaurant serving international food.
- The Green Turtle Club & Marina is a secluded, 30 room resort right on the beach. Expect quiet, friendly character, surrounded by lush gardens. And there's an excellent Bahamian restaurant.
- The Hope Town Inn & Marina is a colonial style hotel set behind its own marina - so there's a bit of a nautical theme. Most rooms have kitchens, but the restaurant has a pretty delicious looking seafood menu. As well as being ideal for sailors, this is also a great spot for divers and snorkelers.
For island life
- The Sea Spray Resort, on Elbow Cay, is a collection of villas with their own marina, along with a pool, sun terrace and excellent seafood restaurant. You're also well located for diving or snorkelling excursions, and you'll often find there's live music in the bar.
- The Ocean Frontier Hideaway offers accommodation in simple, clapboard cottages, right against a private beach, so this is ideal if you're looking for a castaway kind of experience - but with kitchens, a BBQ area, a library and a friendly beach bar.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in the Abaco Islands for you?
Best Hotels in Abaco Islands
Abaco inn 14 rooms from $150Bahamas
Lovely beachfront resort on Abaco. Rooms have tropical print fabrics, hammocks and large balconies. Outdoor pool and manicured gardens, beach access. Villas have kitchens. Outstanding seafood cuisine and sunset-facing ambient bar. Plethora of watersports on the doorstep; great choice for groups.Beach Life - The reefs and waters surrounding hotel are outstanding for surfing, snorkelling and fishingGroups - Suites with kitchens, enormous wrap-around balconies, lounges and lively barFishing - Abaco Inn offers our Fisherman’s Catch – a service allowing you to enjoy a dinner of your own catch prepared for you by the chefSurfing - Hotel beach waters offers one of the best breaks in all of Abaco; surf shops nearbyRecommended by - Fodors
Hope Town Inn & Marina 15 rooms from $155Hope Town, Bahamas
Colonial style hotel on its own marina. Charming rooms have exposed beams, creamy walls and modern nautical furnishings, most with kitchens. Outdoor pool, sun terrace, marina access. Fresh seafood menu and Bahamian cocktail bar with live music. A lovely choice for families.Families - Contemporary decor and full modern kitchens, makes life very easy for families to prepare picnics and light dinnersActive Holiday - With its own marina, sailing is on the doorstep, as well as snorkel trips, day trips to other islands and fishingDiving - Plenty of dive shops nearby to take you to underwater caves, ship wrecks, ever changing marine lifeGreat walks - Along hidden Tahiti Beach
Sea Spray Resort from $165Abaco, Bahamas
Villa resort with marina on Elbow Cay. Rooms are contemporary with tiled floors, large balconies and kitchens. Outdoor pool and sun terrace. The Boat House restaurant serves good international and seafood cuisine, often with live music. Quiet with excellent location.Local exploring - With its own marina making island exploring effortless, as are diving and snorkelling in the nearby reefSailing - Rental sail or powerboats can be arranged through the Marina officeSights nearby - Hope Town Light HouseGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Fodors
Hope Town Harbour Lodge 25 rooms from $165Abaco, Bahamas
Pretty hotel with spectacular Atlantic views on Elbow Cay, off Abaco. Rooms have terracotta floors, French doors with balconies and pine furniture. Outdoor pool, garden and library. Superb dining with views across the harbour. Idyllic, friendly and quiet.Families - Larger suites with kitchenettes and living rooms are ideal for families; excellent kids club and sailing tripsSights nearby - Hope Town LighthouseSailing - From Abaco MarinaKids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Fodors
Green Turtle Club & Marina 30 rooms from $189Abaco, Bahamas
Secluded island resort on the beach. Rooms are full of character with opulent fabrics, nautical accents and Caribbean dark wood furniture. Outdoor pool, gardens and library. Excellent Bahamian cuisine in ocean front restaurant. Quiet, idyllic and friendly.Hideaway - Although only a 15 minute ferry ride, the island feels secluded, with bird filled mangroves and coral reefs to yourselfBirdwatching - Bahama Yellow-Throat, Cuban Emerald Hummingbird, Red-legged Thrush, Olive-capped WarblerFull of characterOn the beach - In front of the hotel.
Ocean Frontier Hideaway from $200Abaco, Bahamas
Simple clapperboard cottages on a private beach. Interiors are cozy with pine tongue & groove walls, large private sundecks, kitchens and tiled floors. Outdoor pool, BBQ area and library. Light snacks available from friendly beach bar. Very secluded, lots of space and superb beach.Hideaway - Cottages are set within sprawling gardens and with a private beach, and nearby marina, you can enjoy ultimate peace and quietSailing - Rental nearby, cays are usually no more than 10 to 40 minutes apart making it ideal day trippingFishing - The guides offer full and half day excursions, for groups and private chartersDiving - The hotel can arrange equipment rental
Bahama Beach Club from $250Great Abaco Island, Bahamas
Beautiful apartment resort on the beach. Interiors have tiled floors, rattan furniture, modern artworks and kitchens. Outdoor pool, manicured gardens, beach access and gym. Great international and seafood cuisine in beach front restaurant. Stunning views, outstanding beach and friendly service.Romantic Break - Secluded apartments in manicured gardens, with dolphin boat trips, white sand picnics or scuba divingFamilies - Apartments come with full kitchens and plenty of living space for all; child appropriate watersportsFishing - Discover big-game monsters like tarpon, wahoo, sailfish, and blue marlinSwimming Pool - Two outdoor freshwater poolsRecommended by - Fodors