- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Exumas
There are around 365 islands, or cays, in the Exuma collection, spanning around 200kms of beautiful, bright turquoise Caribbean waters. The majority are uninhabited or privately owned - some of these are the best places to stay in the Exumas. Of the populated only Great Exuma has many locals.
Not to miss:
- A visit to the Exumas is all about pottering around island hopping or taking advantage of the vastly varied coastlines off which to dive, snorkel, fish or try out any number of other watersports.
- The lack of people on the Exuma Cays equals a lack of footprints on the many beaches. This is one of the best places to come to in the Bahamas if you want a beach all to yourself.
- Great Exuma and Little Exuma are known for their laid-back atmosphere and gorgeous natural surroundings. The cays themselves are known for being either perfectly pristine or dotted with ultra luxurious private island resorts.
The best places to stay in the Exumas are ideal for those looking for a Robinson Crusoe type experience or for visitors who like hotels their very much up-to-date. Our selection covers all bases from an eco hotel with wooden beach side cottages to 5 star modern luxury.
For the perfect beach escape
- Turquoise Cay on Little Exuma is a tiny five star hotel right on the beach. As well as cool, creamily decorated rooms there is a beautiful ocean-facing infinity pool, a sunset cocktail terrace and a small spa.
For great value
- The Staniel Cay Yacht Club is a collection of pretty, colourful beach cottages with a barefoot-boutique feel and easy marina access. There are just 14 rooms and all guests have complimentary access to a stand-up paddle board.
- Club Peace & Plenty on Great Exuma Island is a beachfront hotel with plenty of Caribbean charm and a good Bahamian restaurant. The accommodation is comfortable and they are in a great location to offer an excellent range of excursions on the Exuma Cays.
For a private apartment or villa
For those looking for some extra privacy, we recommend visiting our online partners Booking.com.
- The islands are serviced by the Exuma International Airport on Great Exuma.
- For car hire, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
- June to October marks the rainy season when tropic storms range in the Caribbean. So for warm temperatures and clear skies, visit in the winter months from December to April.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in the Exumas.
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in the Bahamas.
- Or contact our gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Exumas
Turquoise Cay 8 rooms from £315Little Exuma, Bahamas
Gorgeous 5* beachfront hotel. Creamy rooms feature rattan furniture, large balconies, chic nautical furnishings and big bathrooms. Outdoor infinity pool, gardens, private beach. Outstanding menu from Peru, France and Asia; romantic bar. Boutique and luxurious.Romantic Break - Gorgeous creamy decor, ocean front infinity pool, sunset cocktail terrace and spa treatmentsGreat walks - Dozens of nearby trails to coves and cavesSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Recommended by - Fodors
Club Peace & Plenty 32 rooms from £119Great Exuma Island, Bahamas
Charming beach front hotel. Elegant rooms feature Caribbean furniture, four poster beds, large balconies and some with sitting rooms. Outdoor pool, gardens, library and massages available. Good Bahamian cuisine and lively bar with live music. Superb location to explore the islands from.Local exploring - Wide range of excursions from this prime location, such as Stocking Island, as well as all watersportsFishing - At the Bonefishing School, you can learn how to use a fly rod from a flat bottomed boatSights nearby - On Stocking Island, you can hike to the salt stoneDiving - Cave diving in ExumaRecommended by - Fodors
Staniel Cay Yacht Club 14 rooms from £142Bahamas
Pretty colourful cottages on the beach. Interiors are barefoot-boutique with rainfall showers, wooden floors, large verandahs and modern bathrooms. Outdoor pool, gardens and marina access. Tasty Bahamian cuisine and relaxed beach bar. Superb spot to explore the islands from, and family friendly.Local exploring - Staniel Cay has its own marina, and extensive boat tours and fishing trips, as well as local wildlifeKayaking - All guests with a lodging package receive complimentary access to a Stand-Up Paddle BoardFishing - Fishing trips as well as half-day or day-long excursions and conch expeditionsSights nearby - Visit nearby islands Exuma Cays Land and Sea ParkRecommended by - Frommers, Fodors