Search the best hotels in Exumas
There are around 365 islands, or cays, in the Exuma collection, spanning around 200kms of beautiful, bright turquoise Caribbean waters. The majority are uninhabited or privately owned - some of these are the best places to stay in the Exumas. Of the populated only Great Exuma has many locals.
Not to miss:
- A visit to the Exumas is all about pottering around island hopping or taking advantage of the vastly varied coastlines off which to dive, snorkel, fish or try out any number of other watersports.
- The lack of people on the Exuma Cays equals a lack of footprints on the many beaches. This is one of the best places to come to in the Bahamas if you want a beach all to yourself.
- Great Exuma and Little Exuma are known for their laid-back atmosphere and gorgeous natural surroundings. The cays themselves are known for being either perfectly pristine or dotted with ultra luxurious private island resorts.
The best places to stay in the Exumas are ideal for those looking for a Robinson Crusoe type experience or for visitors who like hotels their very much up-to-date. Our selection covers all bases from an eco hotel with wooden beach side cottages to 5 star modern luxury.
For the perfect beach escape
- Turquoise Cay on Little Exuma is a tiny five star hotel right on the beach. As well as cool, creamily decorated rooms there is a beautiful ocean-facing infinity pool, a sunset cocktail terrace and a small spa.
For great value
- The Staniel Cay Yacht Club is a collection of pretty, colourful beach cottages with a barefoot-boutique feel and easy marina access. There are just 14 rooms and all guests have complimentary access to a stand-up paddle board.
- Club Peace & Plenty on Great Exuma Island is a beachfront hotel with plenty of Caribbean charm and a good Bahamian restaurant. The accommodation is comfortable and they are in a great location to offer an excellent range of excursions on the Exuma Cays.
For a private apartment or villa
For those looking for some extra privacy, we recommend visiting our online partners Booking.com.
- The islands are serviced by the Exuma International Airport on Great Exuma.
- For car hire, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
- June to October marks the rainy season in the Caribbean, and of course this is also hurricane season. So for warm temperatures and clear skies, visit in the winter months from December to April.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in the Exumas.
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in the Bahamas.
- Or contact our gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Exumas
Staniel Cay Yacht Club Bahamas 14 rooms from £144Local exploring - Staniel Cay has its own marina, and extensive boat tours and fishing trips, as well as local wildlifeKayaking - All guests with a lodging package receive complimentary access to a Stand-Up Paddle BoardFishing - Fishing trips as well as half-day or day-long excursions and conch expeditionsSights nearby - Visit nearby islands Exuma Cays Land and Sea ParkRecommended by - Frommers, Fodors
Pretty colourful cottages on the beach. Interiors are barefoot-boutique with rainfall showers, wooden floors, large verandahs and modern bathrooms. Outdoor pool, gardens and marina access. Tasty Bahamian cuisine and relaxed beach bar. Superb spot to explore the islands from, and family friendly. See More
Club Peace & Plenty Great Exuma Island, Exumas 32 rooms from £212Local exploring - Expect a wide range of excursions from this prime location, such as Stocking IslandBeach Life - Boasting an enviable beach location topped off by the property's Beach ClubFishing - At the Bonefishing School, you can learn how to use a fly rod from a flat bottomed boatSailing - Boats can be hired through the property to explore the islands at your own pace
An historic house, turned into a chic beachside resort, offering luxurious accommodation and an unbeatable Caribbean setting. Light rooms are simply styled with whitewashed walls, unpolished wooden furniture and large terraces with sea views. Just a stroll from the beach, this is an indulgent stay. See More
Turquoise Cay Little Exuma, Bahamas 8 rooms from £320Romantic Break - Gorgeous creamy decor, ocean front infinity pool, sunset cocktail terrace and spa treatmentsGreat walks - Dozens of nearby trails to coves and cavesSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Recommended by - Fodors