- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Grand Bahama
About Grand Bahama
If you're after easy fun in the sun against an idyllic Caribbean Island backdrop then Grand Bahama is for you. This is basically a tropical holiday island with good diving and snorkelling opportunities, some spectacularly beautiful National Parks, a wide choice of cuisines, and of course near perfect white, sandy beaches. There's not huge variety when it comes to choosing the best places to stay in Grand Bahama; there are lots of large, purpose-built resorts and a smattering of smaller properties.
Grand Bahama feels quite American - probably because it's so easy to get to from Florida, but as well as the malls, diner style restaurants and party beaches, you can also find local markets, botanical gardens and quiet, secluded coves. In fact one of the best things about Grand Bahama's long, thin shape, is that it means so much of the island is coastline.
The Hotel Guru's pick of the best places to stay in Grand Bahama all represent excellent value for money with rooms on offer from just over £60 per night!
For great value
- The Bell Channel Inn is an unmissable, bright pink hotel right on the beach and just out of Freeport. There are just 32 rooms, some with balconies or kitchenettes. There's also a pool, gardens, buzzy bar, and a dive shop. All from a starting price of just £61 per night.
- The Pelican Bay is a large, elegant hotel, just metres from the beach. Guests share three outdoor pools, a large spa, gardens and a good choice of restaurants, and all starting for under £100 per night.
- Old Bahama Bay is a friendly resort set against its own private beach. Rooms are elegant, with large verandahs, and as well as the pool and spa they offer complimentary watersports facilities. And there's an excellent kids club and an onsite dive club.
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner, Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
Best Hotels in Grand Bahama
Pelican Bay 186 rooms from $159Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
Elegant hotel just metres from the beach on Grand Bahama Island. Rooms have an eco feel, with tiled floors, mahogany four posters, and characterful extras. Three outdoor pools, spa, gardens. Tropical fusion menus, and ambient outdoor bar. Romantic, laid-back and excellent location.Romantic Break - Waterfront suites with outdoor rain showers, dolphin excursions, white sand beach and spa treatmentsSights nearby - 25-minute car ride away, Gold Rock Creek Beach has been consistently rated as one of the top beaches in the worldLocal markets - Port Lucaya MarketplaceGreat walks - In Garden of the GrovesRecommended by - Fodors
Old Bahama Bay 73 rooms from $200Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
Friendly resort on private beach. Elegant rooms have large verandahs, cream furnishings and lounge areas. Outdoor pool, spa, gym, complimentary watersports. Terrific seafood menu and BBQ beach bar. Ideal for families, with a very intimate feel.Families - Excellent kids club and beach activities, spa for adults, and island tours suitable for all agesDiving - On-site Stuart Cove Dive Center offers Tiger Shark Dives at world famous Tiger BeachLocal markets - The Port Lucaya MarketplaceViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Fodors
Bell Channel Inn 32 rooms from $99Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
Charming hotel on the beach on Grand Bahama Island. Simple rooms have balconies, tiled floors and some with small kitchenettes. Outdoor pool, garden and dive shop. Good seafood menu and buzzing bar with live music. For location and amenities, ideal for those wanting to learn or improve diving.Active Holiday - Extensive scuba dive packages available from in-house dive shop, as well as fishing, kayaking and snorkellingFishing - Fishing trips from hotel; cook the catch in hotel afterwardsDiving - Full dive shop within hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Fodors