- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Ajaccio
Ajaccio is the capital of the Mediterranean island of Corsica - famously the birthplace of Napoleon Bonaparte. A city of some.67,000 souls, it is situated in a sheltered position on the West coast of the island and enjoys a climate very similar to the French Riviera (Corsica lies about 200 miles South East of Marseille); indeed, one of our pick of the best places to stay in Ajaccio would not be out of place there either! The town has excellent connections to the French mainland via air and sea, and is a popular cruise ship stop.
During the nineteenth century Ajaccio and Corsica itself became a popular destination for high society - along with many other resorts on the South of France. In World War Two, Ajaccio was the first French town to be liberated and Corsica earned the title ‘righteous among nations’ due to the fact that no Jew was executed or deported.
What Not To Miss
- Enjoy the old town with its narrow streets and picturesque buildings and visit the many monuments to the island’s most celebrated son.
- Alternatively you can kick back and relax with some downtime on the beach.
- For wonderful views of the sea, climb Sentier des Douaniers - a hiking path high above the sea offering a spectacular panoramic view.
- Or enjoy the wonderful inside views of the Notre Dame de Misericorde - a church with a recently renovated interior providing a fascinating insight into the history of the town.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Ajaccio are great bases to enjoy all the delights of the town.
The best places to stay in Ajaccio
For great value by the beach
- Hotel Demeure Les Mouettes is a Corsican villa with great views of the sea and easy access to the beach. This is a perfect family hotel with watersports and windsurfing on the doorstep plus a large pool surrounded by palm groves and a spa.
In the hills above town
- Carpe Diem Palazzu is a stylish hideaway situated 15 kilometers from Ajaccio in the Corsican mountains, with an outdoor pool, sauna/spa and a top notch restaurant. It's an ideal base for walking/exploring. Food tours are available plus riding, fishing, golf and tennis. And you're just 10 minutes from the beach!
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a great selection of coastal properties.
- Fly to Ajaccio Napoleon Bonaparte Airport located 5.3km (3.2 miles) from Ajaccio with various flight connections across Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a ferry to the mainland with destinations including Nice, Toulon and Marseille.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the island - click here for prices and booking with our online partner, Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - the summer from June to August for hot weather, ideal for relaxing on the beaches or enjoying activities on the water
Still Not Sure?
- Browse through all the best places to stay in Ajaccio,
- Widen the net to include all our Corsica recommendations,
- Or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Best Hotels in Ajaccio
Hotel Demeure les Mouettes 12 rooms from £92Ajaccio (Corsica)
A large 19th century Corsican villa with spectacular views of the ocean. Contemporary rooms and suites with private balconies. Large swimming pool surrounded by palm groves, a short walk onto the beach, and great spa for evening pampering. Great for beach holidays and families.Beach LifeSwimming Pool - Outdoor PoolViews - Great views from hotelSailing - Can be booked nearby.