Search the best hotels in Beziers
Located in the historic Languedoc region in the South of France, Beziers is a beautiful riverside town claiming the title of one of the oldest towns in France, tracing its origins back to 575 BC. The town still retains a lot of its ancient beauty with the cathedral looming high on its rocky perch overlooking the river, and there's no shortage of fascinating historical sights. Many of the best places to stay in Beziers are historic themselves and afford visitors excellent access to the stunning old town.
Beziers is something of a hidden-gem compared to other tourist hotspots in the region meaning that visitors are able to enjoy a quieter experience and the best hotels in Beziers are ideal for relaxing after a day of exploring the charming town. However, don't let the less-touristy nature of the town dissuade you from visiting, there's plenty to see and do - take a look at our highlights below.
What Not To Miss
- Majestically stood on steep cliffs overlooking the town, the Cathédrale St-Nazaire dates back to the 13th Century and commands spectacular views of Beziers and to the vineyards beyond. The building is extremely ornate inside and out, and features gorgeous stained-glass windows making it a sight not to be missed.
- For a fascinating cultural perspective of Beziers, visit Musée des Beaux Arts - a museum featuring paintings from famous artists including Rubens and Delacroix along with local artists.
- Or for a different type of man-made beauty, take a stroll along the Canal du Midi - an historic waterway built during the 1600's and now designated a UNESCO world heritage site. The tree-lined waterways create a sense of total tranquility, punctuated only by barges motoring along.
- Alternatively, enjoy a tour and a tasting of one of the region's vineyards, one of the famed local specialities of the area. You can learn all about the wine-making process and enjoy an expertly guided tasting session.
- Take part in one of the town's historic festivals offering an unparalleled glimpse into the cultural fabric making up the region. There's the Feria, inspired by the Spanish Bullfighting festival and St Peter's Feast paying tribute to fishermen and the sea.
Whatever the reason for your visit, our selection of the best places to stay in Beziers will ensure that you have a relaxing stay with great opportunities to explore the town.
The best places to stay in Beziers
- Set in the gorgeous Languedoc countryside, Château Les Carrasses is a 19th century castle with wine estate, lovingly turned into a luxurious stay. Accommodation ranges from suites to three bed villas with private pools. All decorated in a modern yet unmistakably French style. Très chic. The food and wine pairing is popular as is the Mediterranean Brasserie.
- Chateau St. Pierre de Serjac is a magnificent Château with vineyard set amidst 200 acres of rolling countryside. Accommodation includes eight rooms, lovingly decorated in a classic French style and 36 self-catering properties. All achingly stylish. Fine dining restaurant, spa, indoor and outdoor pools. The list goes on!
For a central location
- XIX is a stunning art-deco hotel in the heart of the historic centre of Beziers, offering 12 rooms with wonderful views of the Old Town. Featuring a charming tea-room along with a swimming pool, sun-terrace and bar. Perfectly central, only 450 yards from Saint-Nazaire Cathedral.
- L'Hotel Particulier offers luxurious accommodation in a pretty boutique hotel in the centre of Beziers. Near the Cathedral of Saint Nazaire, the soundproofed and minimalist rooms come with beautiful garden views. There's a pool, massage services and sun terrace. A perfect base for golfers, there are 3 courses in the area.
- Perfect for unwinding, La Villa Guy is a royally-elegant guesthouse in the centre of Beziers, offering chic rooms with artworks by Magrou and Injalbert. Facilities include a gym and wellness centre, including a sauna and Turkish bath. There is an outdoor swimming pool and billiards table. A perfect base for local exploring.
- Chateau Autignac is a stylishly-restored 19th century chateau and vineyard in the heart of the Languedoc offering comfortable, contemporary rooms and suites. Facilities include a spa, an outdoor swimming pool, private sun-terraces and a conservatory. Wine tasting is a regular and welcome event. Ideal for unwinding.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a selection of quaint properties, great for exploring the town.
- Fly to Béziers Cap d'Agde Airport located 14km (8.6 miles) from Beziers with flights to various destinations across the UK and Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Beziers with rail links across the region and to Paris.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the region, visit our partner Rentalcars.
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to September for warm weather and festivals taking place in the town.
Still Not Sure?
- Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Beziers.
- Expand your search to include our recommendations in Narbonne or Montpellier
- Or our pick of the best hotels in the Languedoc.
- Or contact, one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Beziers
Best Hotels in Beziers
Village Castigno Beziers (34360 Assignan) 24 rooms from £114Foodies - Not only does the hotel produce its own wine, but the three restaurants offer superb cuisine from bistro to gourmet to exoticFamilies - Intimate, stylishly designed 'Maison de famille' equipped with rooms, private pool, shaded terrace and dining facilitiesBack to Nature - Located in an idyllic village in the heart of the countryside. Take a hike or rent a car to visit pastoral surroundingsTotal relaxation - Le Petit Péché is the hotel's wellness centre which offers a range of massages and treatmentsRecommended by - I Escape
Village Castigno is a traditional French village transformed into a superb hotel in the heart of provincial France. The historical architecture blends beautifully with contemporary decor. All-in-all, it offers a relaxing country-escape with pools, gourmet food and plenty of hotel entertainment. See More
XIX Beziers (34500 Béziers) 12 rooms from £108City Style - A stylish art deco hotel featuring an array of paintings, particularly from Sebastian Bayet.Great walks - The historic centre of Beziers is full of medieval and Renaissance buildings and is a great place for long walks.Sights nearby - Only 450 yards from the beautiful Saint-Nazaire Cathedral and slap-bang in the centre of Beziers.Views - Great views from hotel
L'Hotel Particulier Beziers 9 rooms from £115Total relaxation - Sip slowly at a cocktail from the bar and lounge idly on the terrace, soaking up the sun.Sights nearby - The Cathedral of Saint Nazaire is a short walk away.Local markets - Peruse the nearby Les Halle market.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Luxurious accommodation in a pretty boutique hotel in the centre of Beziers. Near the Cathedral of Saint Nazaire, the soundproofed and minimalist rooms come with beautiful garden views. There's a pool, massage services and sun terrace. A perfect base for golfers, there are 3 courses in the area. See More
La Villa Guy Beziers (34500 Béziers) 6 rooms from £117Total relaxation - Nestling amongst the grounds of a 1 hetacre park in the middle of town, with a pool and sun loungers, it'd be rude not to relax.Spa breaks - The wellness centre includes beauty treatments, as well as a sauna and Turkish bath. Spoil yourself!Great walks - The Canal du Midi is close by and is a beautiful location for walks.Sights nearby - Only 1 mile from Beziers Cathedral.
Royally-elegant guesthouse in the centre of Beziers, offering chic rooms with artworks by Magrou and Injalbert. Facilities include a gym and wellness centre, including a sauna and Turkish bath. There is an outdoor swimming pool and billiards table. A perfect base for exploring the area. See More