Search the best hotels in Grasse
Nestling in the hills north of Nice, Grasse has long been synonymous with perfume and is home to over 30 perfumeries. Making up 2/3 of France's perfume production, there are perfume factories, shops and museums lying throughout this picturesque medieval town, lining narrow cobbled streets alongside 17th century townhouses, boutiques, stalls and squares with terraced cafes and gurgling fountains. There is more to the town though than just perfume the architecture is equally impressive. Explore the 11th century cathedral and the medieval Saracen tower before admiring the elegant 18th century villas or the works on display at the Museum of Art and History. Your stay would, of-course, be incomplete without taking a guided tour of one of the perfumeries in town. Beautiful, steeped in history and full of the smell of Provencal perfume, the best places to stay in Grasse offer intimacy, romance and tradition.
What not to miss
- Take a guided tour of the historic perfumeries: Fragonard, Galimard or Molinard.
- Visit the Notre-Dame du Puy, an 11th century Provencal-Romanesque cathedral.
- Admire the square Saracen tower.
- Walk around the International Museum of Perfume.
- Explore the old medieval ramparts.
- Head out of town to the cave at Saint Sauveur waterfall and enjoy the beautiful views.
- Check out the Museum of Art and History of Provence.
A charming and authentic medieval town, well worth a visit. Broswe through our list of the best places to stay in Grasse to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Grasse
- Auberge du Vieux Chateau: an excellent restaurant with rooms in a quaint village on the outskirts of Grasse, offering traditionally decorated rooms. Enjoy the Provencal cuisine, the delicious views and enjoy a drink on the gorgeous sunny terrace! Value chic.
- La Bergerie Sainte Antoine: on the outskirts of Grasse offering simple, bright contemporary rooms, a swimming pool, sun terrace and breathtaking panoramas of the countryside. The perfect place to unwind after a long day of sightseeing.
- La Bastide de St-Antoine: set in a beautiful 18th century country house crawling with green and purple vines, flanked by olive groves and sprawling green gardens. The gourmet on-site restaurant is renowned in the region for its expert use of local flavours. A stylish rural escape.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer months when the temperature ranges between 14 and 26 degrees. Though to escape the summer crowds, you'd be best to go between September and October when the weather is milder, sitting around 17 degrees.
- Fly to Nice Cote d'Azur Airport; take the train from Nice Station to Grasse, a 1 hour journey.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Provence
- or France
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Grasse
Best Hotels in Grasse
Auberge du Vieux Chateau Grasse 4 rooms from £77Local exploring - A well located property for those wanting to explore both the coast and hinterland of the Cote d'AzurViews - Stunning panoramic views across the valley towards Mougins and the Med beyohd.Less £ - Double rooms start from as little as €75 per night.Restaurant - The auberge's excellent restaurant serves excellent Mediterranean cuisine
An excellent restaurant with rooms in a quaint village just outside Grasse. Four simple, traditionally styled rooms offer superb value for money in this pricey region. Come here for the delicious Mediterranean cuisine and the stunning views over Mougins towards the coast. See More
La Bergerie Saint Antoine Grasse (Cote d'Azur) 2 rooms from £86Value chic - With rooms at €99 per night including breakfast, it's hard to beat for value in this region.Local exploring - Well located for exploring both inland villages and enjoying time on the beach.Sights nearby - The bergerie is only 6 miles from Grasse and 15 miles from Cannes.Local markets - Visit the markets in the surrounding hill top villages and towns.
La Bastide de St-Antoine Grasse 18 rooms from £208Country Escape - Surrounded by beautiful gardens, olive groves and hectares of rolling farmland this elegant hotel is the perfect country escape.Foodies - The on site restaurant is renowned for its gourmet cuisine and wonderful ambience. Cooking classes are also available.Restaurant - Recommended.Great walks - Explore the surrounding gardens, olive groves and farmland, this area is famed for its natural beauty.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Eighteenth century country house in Grasse, surrounded by lovely gardens and olive groves. The romantic rooms are a triumph: simple, stylish and effortlessly elegant. The on site restaurant is famed in the area for its astute use of local flavours. Grown up, charming and wonderfully French! See More