Search the best hotels in Le Touquet
About Le Touquet
Le Touquet is the French resort town one used to pop over to in one’s own darling little plane, so you could have a proper slap up French lunch and a dalliance at the casino. And that goes for both well to do Brits and Frenchmen. The casino is still here, along with a wonderful collection of architecturally varied, and striking, mansions, which spread out from the town — some of which have now been turned to some of the best places to stay in Le Touquet, in our opinion. And the long, sandy stretch of golden beach with its elegant promenade too.
Le Touquet today isn’t as glamorous as it was in the twenties, when it was a favourite of Noel Coward, Winston Churchill and PG Woodhouse, but it’s still a pretty resort with a great culinary scene, good shopping, and brilliant horse riding opportunities. It’s very popular with families now too.
Le Touquet is very young in comparison to Calais, which is only an hour away, and, as a result, it doesn’t really have any sites of historic interest. It does have a promenade lined with candy-coloured beach huts, a lighthouse you can sometimes see the cliffs of Dover from, and a waterpark though. And some seriously elegant Art Deco architecture. At the heart of the resort is the Rue Saint-Jean, a street lined with shops of every shape and colour: high-end boutiques, patisseries, bakeries, chocolatiers, cafes, bars and casinos; nearby, the Marche Couvert - a covered market - provides freshly-caught seafood and the famous local waffles.
Don't forget that the best places to stay in Le Touquet are always busy during the peak summer season. So if you want to guarantee a room in the best hotels, do yourself a favour and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Le Touquet
For a luxury B&B
- Demeure d'Hotes Haec Otia is a beautiful B&B with lovely gardens, in fairly central location. The interiors are elegant and spacious and each of the ten rooms and suites are individually designed with a luxurious feel. In addition you'll find a welcome indoor pool, bikes to borrow and gourmet table d'hotes dinners if you don't want to explore restaurants in town.
- Villa Vent Couvert also offers luxurious bed and breakfast accommodation, but this time, just slightly out of town, in the heart of a pine forest. As well as the three gorgeous bedrooms there's a heated outdoor pool. No children under 10.
Le Touquet’s Best Rural Hotels
- Graine de Pin is a charming, pyramid-roofed country house, turned family friendly hotel, in a secluded woodland setting. Its three rooms are impeccably decorated in soft greys, and they still have their original exposed beams. Plus there’s a pool and lovely gardens.
Prefer an Apartment or Private Villa?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- If you have your own plane you can fly in to Le Touquet Airport, but if you don’t you might need to arrive by ferry from Dover, or by train from Calais.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- Le Touquet is sunny, but not too hot, with the daily maximum average temperatures for July and August a comfortable 21°C. Winter can be quite cool and wet, with daily maximum average temperatures at 3°C during January.
Still not sure where to stay in Le Touquet?
- You could hunt further along the coast using the map function, or expand your search to include the best places to stay in Calais
- Or expand further to include all the best places to stay in Pas-de-Calais
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Le Touquet
Best Hotels in Le Touquet
Graine de Pin Le Touquet 3 rooms from £104Country Escape - Charming, quiet and set in pristine gardens; a lovely country escape.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolTennisSecluded setting - For escaping.
Demeure D'Hotes Haec Otia Le Touquet 10 rooms from £126Weddings - The B&B offers space for weddings with marquees set up in the garden plus wedding planners can be arrangedCountry Escape - A historic country house (with contemporary interiors) set in picturesque and mature gardensGreat walks - Head out of the property on long and scenic walksSwimming Pool - Indoor swimming pool
An historic B&B with picturesque gardens and grounds to explore. The ten rooms are tastefully decorated with vibrant wallpaper, polished wood floors, and large bathtubs. Take a dip in the indoor pool or discover Le Touquet by bike. The chef's local dishes are exemplary. An idyllic rural getaway. See More
Villa Vent Couvert Le Touquet 3 rooms from £126Total relaxation - An elegant counrty house set in a tranquil spot and complete with a large pool, an idyllic spot to simply unwindLocal markets - Visit the famous Touquet market that sells everything from seafood, crafts to clothesTennis - Play tennis on the nearby tennis clay courts at Pierre de CoubertinRestrictions on children - The B&B does not accept children under the age of 10
A charming B&B surrounded by scenic gardens. An intimate setting with only three rooms all tastefully decorated with king-size beds and spacious bathrooms with bathtubs. The outdoor pool is great for lounging by on a hot summers day. Rent a bike for the day and explore Touquet. A serene stay. See More