Search the best hotels in Le Touquet
About Le Touquet
Only a one hour drive from Calais, Le Touquet is a fashionable seaside resort in northern France. Made famous by the likes of Noel Coward, Winston Churchill and PG Woodhouse in the Roaring Twenties, the resort nestles in Canche Bay alongside a 7km stretch of beach. Ideal for a family seaside holiday, visitors will enjoy everything from horseriding in the estuary to shopping along the elegant Rue Saint-Jean, or even just getting lost amidst streets lined with ornate Art-Deco villas. The best places to stay in Le Touquet our often tranquil spots just outside the town itself.
Having only become an official commune in the early 20th century, Le Touquet is very young in comparison to nearby Calais. As a result, it has little to no sites of historical interest. In the past, the resort served as a chic getaway for British writers and politicians. Aside from lounging at the beach, Le Touquet is famed for the wealth of its amenities. Whether you're cycling through the nearby pinewood, riding horses in the Canche Estuary, taking a guided tour of the lighthouse or taking the kids for a fun day out at the Aqualud waterpark, you will never find yourself bored.
The beach is the epicentre of local life. Rainbow-coloured beach huts line the shore, sitting in the shadow of great Anglo-Norman and Art-Deco villas from the 1920s; a lighthouse, jutting out like an Ancient Greek column, dominates the landscape and offers guided tours to visitors who, when climbing to the top, can sometimes see the White Cliffs of Dover. At the heart of the resort is the Rue Saint-Jean, a street lined with shops of every shape and colour: high-end boutiques, patisseries, bakeries, chocolatiers, cafes, bars and casinos; nearby, the Marche Couvert - a covered market - provides freshly-caught seafood and the infamous local waffles to the intrepid visitor.
What not to miss
- Book a guided tour of the lighthouse!
- Enjoy sunbathing on the 7km stretch of golden beach.
- Take the kids for a day out at the Aqualud waterpark.
- Check out the Marche Couvert for fresh seafood and waffles.
- Go horse riding along the Canche Estuary.
Le Touquet is a classic destination for a good old-fashioned family seaside holiday. Browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Le Touquet to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Le Touquet
- Graine de Pin: a charming country house in a secluded woodland setting, offering fresh and contemporary rooms with exposed wooden beams and a swimming pool. Ideal for families looking for authenticity.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Take the ferry from Dover to Calais, and get either a bus or taxi to Le Touquet. Or get a train from Calais to Estaples, from where you can get a 10 minute taxi ride to Le Touquet.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 14 and 21 degrees.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Le Touquet
Graine de Pin Le Touquet 3 rooms from £104
A secluded country house boasting impeccably refurbished interiors, a swimming pool and easy access to the region's many activities. The three rooms are fresh and contemporary with soft grey hues, exposed beams and crisp white linen. A charming rural stay.Country Escape - Charming, quiet and set in pristine gardens; a lovely country escape.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolSecluded setting - For escaping.Great walks - Good for walkers.