Search the best hotels in Le Touquet
About Le Touquet
Le Touquet is the French resort town one used to pop over to in one’s own darling little plane, so you could have a proper slap up French lunch and a dalliance at the casino. And that goes for both well to do Brits and Frenchmen. The casino is still here, along with a wonderful collection of architecturally varied, and striking, mansions, which spread out from the town — some of which have now been turned to some of the best places to stay in Le Touquet, in our opinion. And the long, sandy stretch of golden beach with its elegant promenade too.
Le Touquet today isn’t as glamorous as it was in the twenties, when it was a favourite of Noel Coward, Winston Churchill and PG Woodhouse, but it’s still a pretty resort with a great culinary scene, good shopping, and brilliant horse riding opportunities. It’s very popular with families now too.
Le Touquet is very young in comparison to Calais, which is only an hour away, and, as a result, it doesn’t really have any sites of historic interest. It does have a promenade lined with candy-coloured beach huts, a lighthouse you can sometimes see the cliffs of Dover from, and a waterpark though. And some seriously elegant Art Deco architecture. At the heart of the resort is the Rue Saint-Jean, a street lined with shops of every shape and colour: high-end boutiques, patisseries, bakeries, chocolatiers, cafes, bars and casinos; nearby, the Marche Couvert - a covered market - provides freshly-caught seafood and the famous local waffles.
The Best Places to Stay in Le Touquet
Some of the Most Romantic Hotels in Le Touquet
- Set in a beautifully manicured garden, Maison 76 is a large townhouse turned luxurious hotel. There are just four rooms, all of them individually styled and both elegant and comfortable, and the hosts serve a fantastic breakfast, and often suppers too, in their charming dining room.
- The Château de Montreuil is a very elegant cross between a French château and an English manor house, with is perfect for Le Touquet! Behind a beautiful lawn, it rises white and neat, with blue painted shutters and doors and just the right number of colonnades. It has 16 rooms and suites decorated in pastels, and the best have great views over the landscaped gardens, and the restaurant is a local favourite known for its precise gourmet dishes.
Le Touquet’s Best Rural Hotels
- Graine de Pin is a charming, pyramid-roofed country house, turned hotel, in a secluded woodland setting. Its three rooms are impeccably decorated in soft greys, and they still have their original exposed beams. There’s a pool too, and lovely gardens. It’s a good choice for families too.
- Le Pre Rainette is a family-run guesthouse close to Sorrus, just outside Le Touquet. Set right beside a small lake on beautiful grounds, this five room guesthouse has been converted from an elegant farmhouse, and its rooms and public spaces still feel very much the French rural charmer. This is a great place to come for a tranquil escape.
- La Grenouillère isn’t quite the traditional rural escape of our other recommendations, but it’s not the rural part that’s in question, for this contemporary, eco-design hotel is surround by lush green views of its beautiful grounds. Inside the hotel as much as possible has been made from natural fibres, and the 12 rooms are very simple, and the whole place has a zen appeal. And the restaurant is great too.
Some of the Best Value Hotels in Le Touquet
- The Auberge D’inxet is a rural inn just up the road from Le Touquet on the Calais side. There are just five rooms, decorated with rural simplicity: think wonky beams, open fireplaces, lots of geraniums and terraces covered in vines. The table d’hotes is why this inn gets a look in. And the fishing.
- La Prairiere is a charming, four room B&B about the same distance outside Le Touquet, but in the other direction. A long, thatched bungalow, complete with external wood beams, Tudor-style, this old house have been comfortably converted to keep the communal lounge with its large open fireplace. The gardens are lovely too, and you’re just two and a half miles from Montreuil-sur-Mer and the sea.
Prefer an Apartment or Private Villa?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- If you have your own plane you can fly in to Le Touquet Airport, but if you don’t you might need to arrive by ferry from Dover? Or by train from Calais.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- Le Touquet is sunny, but not too hot, with the daily maximum average temperatures for July and August a comfortable 21°C. Winter can be quite cool and wet, with daily maximum average temperatures at 3°C during January.
Still not sure where to stay in Le Touquet?
- You could hunt further along the coast using the map function? or expand your search to include the best places to stay in Calais?
- Or expand further to include all the best places to stay in Pas-de-Calais?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Le Touquet
Best Hotels in Le Touquet
Graine de Pin Le Touquet 3 rooms from £104Country Escape - Charming, quiet and set in pristine gardens; a lovely country escape.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolSecluded setting - For escaping.Great walks - Good for walkers.
Demeure D'Hotes Haec Otia Le Touquet 10 rooms from £126Weddings - The B&B offers space for weddings with marquees set up in the garden plus wedding planners can be arrangedCountry Escape - A historic country house (with contemporary interiors) set in picturesque and mature gardensGreat walks - Head out of the property on long and scenic walksSwimming Pool - Indoor swimming pool
An historic B&B with picturesque gardens and grounds to explore. The ten rooms are tastefully decorated with vibrant wallpaper, polished wood floors, and large bathtubs. Take a dip in the indoor pool or discover Le Touquet by bike. The chef's local dishes are exemplary. An idyllic rural getaway. See More