Saint-Martin de Belleville
Search the best hotels in Saint-Martin de Belleville
About Saint-Martin de Belleville
Travellers seeking a more laid-back, traditional mountain experience need look no further than pretty Saint-Martin de Belleville. Set between buzzy Méribel and Les Menuires in the legendary Les Trois Vallées ski region, this fabulous little French Alpine town is a wonderful destination. A good selection of accommodation options await, with our pick of the best places to stay in Saint-Martin de Belleville chosen for their warm hospitality and abundance of charm.
Relaxed, more low-key couples, families and groups of friends have long been drawn to this little spot by its authentic, friendly feel. Although not known for its late-night parties, St Martin de Belleville does boast some cosy bars and terrific restaurants, including the Michelin-starred La Bouitte. The rolling snow-clad slopes which surround the village offer long downhill runs for beginner or intermediate skiers and almost deserted off-piste areas. Don’t miss the spectacular descent from Roc de Fer or the 28 miles of cross-country trails.
Summer visitors can soak up the sunshine in the lovely village square, or pop into the bars and cafes after days of hiking and mountain biking. The old village church is another must-see. Brilliant for romantics or easy-going families, the best places to stay in Saint-Martin de Belleville promise an intimate ski experience in a gorgeous part of Savoie.
The Best Places to Stay in Saint-Martin de Belleville
- Hotel St Martin is a charming 27-room property with family suites offering spaces for little ones. Expect classic chalet-style decor with lots of light wood, cosy blankets and soft, warm tones. There are two restaurants and a sun terrace, as well as easy access to the slopes. A family-friendly favourite.
- La Bouitte, a gorgeous farmhouse, is famed for its three-Michelin-starred restaurant. Foodies will adore feasting on the ever-changing range of seasonal dishes, whilst romantics will also appreciate the 15 wood-panelled rooms with crackling fireplaces and the wonderful spa at this intimate retreat. A real gem.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY CHALET
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Geneva Airport, around 2.5 hours away by car or shuttle. Chambéry Airport is closer, but flights tend to be less frequent. Depending on where you are flying from, Lyon Airport may be another useful option. Alternatively, you can hop aboard the regular shuttle from Les Menuires, Val Thorens or other nearby resorts.
- Savoie is wonderful for a road trip, although it's worth being aware that cars are banned within the resort itself. Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Come between mid-December and April for the best skiing, avoiding the school holiday crowds of February or the bustle of Christmas and New Year. Summer is by far the most popular time for hikers with temperatures peaking at around 20°C in July and August.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Méribel.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Savoie.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Saint-Martin de Belleville
Best Hotels in Saint-Martin de Belleville
La Bouitte Saint-Martin de Belleville 10 rooms from £258Foodies - La Bouitte's restaurant provides dining of the highest standard - it boasts three Michelin stars!Restaurant - Michelin starred diningSkiingViews - Great views from hotel
Hotel St Martin Saint-Martin de Belleville 27 rooms from £269FamiliesSkiingActive HolidayTraditional