- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Bamberg
With the River Main streaming through the centre of the town, Bamberg is immediately an eye-catching place to arrive at. Generally considered to be Germany's most beautiful town, Bamberg's entire old town has been Heritage Listed by UNESCO. As well as stunning architecture it turns out Bamberg's is famous for producing distinctive smoked beer. The best places to stay in Bamberg tend to be found on or nearby the river.
Things not to miss:
- Bamberg's international reputation is largely based on its superb architecture. The best way to explore the town is on foot and we recommend you start at the magnificent 13th century Cathedral.
- The town has a long religious history and is home to the Bishop of Bamberg. As a result the town has two glorious bishop residences, the Alte Hofhaltung and the Neue Residenz.
- Other sights of interest include Little Venice, the old Rathaus and Michaelsburg Abbey.
It's hard not to be bowled over the charm and beauty of the place. Our selection of the best places to stay in Bamberg range from hotel's in the heart of the town to castles in outside of Bamberg.
The Best Places to Stay in Bamberg
For town centre
- The Hotel Nepomuk is a traditional, riverside property in beautiful Bamberg, with light, contemporary interiors and 24 rooms. The restaurant has a wonderful terrace which allows you to sit right out over the river and you’re within walking distance from all the main sights.
For a Schloss
- Just outside Bamberg lies the magnificent Schloss Burgellern. Hidden amongst beautiful woodland, the hotel exudes charm and character with lovely rooms, a natural swimming pool and an excellent restaurant. Perfect for a relaxing break.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Bamberg is Nuremberg (39 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Bamberg is from May to September, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Bamberg for you?
Best Hotels in Bamberg
Hotel Nepomuk 24 rooms from £123Bamberg
A traditional riverside property with contemporary interiors. Simple light rooms with clean lines and modern bathrooms. Local cuisine is served at the restaurant which features a terrace sat in the middle of the river. Walking distance from most of Bamberg's sights. Ideal for local exploration.Local exploring - Well situated in the world cultural heritage city of Bamberg.Sights nearby - Admire the medieval architechture of the historic city.Sailing - Take a romantic gondola ride along the Regnitz.Views - Great views from hotel