Search the best hotels in Paros
Ferry hub of the Cyclades, Paros is a great base to explore the whole island group. But it's also a great place to stay. The beaches vary from watersports friendly to pristine and secluded. There is fascinating history and mythology to discover, plus it's also quite colourful after dark. Paros's sugar cube villages vary from big and bustling, to quiet fishing harbour, to low-key resort; there's plenty of variety when it comes to choosing the best places to stay on Paros!
One of the great things about being tagged as a transport hub is that people assume it's not worth choosing Paros as a base - but it is! And you'll find it much less touristy than some of the other islands in the group, despite the excellent infrastructure.
The majority of the best hotels on Paros are near the beach. On the south side you'll find the windsurfing and water sports beaches. The rest of the island alternates between rocky cliffs and sandy stretches, which will be a pleasure for those wanting to explore the island on foot. The white marble that you will come across has long been famous for its quality - this is where the milkily perfect marble for the Venus de Milo came from, also the marble for Napoleon's tomb.
The capital, Parikia, is one of the best places to stay on Paros because of its colour and energy! It's the main port AND home to the castle as well as many culturally important churches. It is also where you'll find the liveliest nightlife and runs beside a stretch of golden sand. Lined with tavernas, it is a bustling spot.
Naousa is a picturesque fishing village with plenty of traditional charm. Only 10kms from Parikia, the narrow streets between whitewashed architecture make it feel 50 years away.
If you like a mountain breeze then stay in the beautiful untouched village of Lefkes Olive, with pine trees picturesquely growing on the slopes below.
Antiparos is a tiny, adjacent island, and though people usually visit on a day trip from Paros. If you are looking for a quiet beach holiday, or you like camping, it's a good choice.
What Not To Miss
- Be sure to visit the charming Panayia Ekatontapiliani Cathedral, dating back to the early Christian times - around the 4th century. Even if you're not religious, you'll love learning about its history and the various myths associated with the place.
- Head off on the four islands tour to fully get to know your surroundings and marvel at the natural beauty.
- The Folklore Art Museum of Cycladic Civilization is filled with hand-made miniature models of the area's most iconic landmarks, ships and more. Created by an ordinary fisherman, it's a splendid spot and you'll no doubt leave the place incredibly impressed by his creativity and craftsmanship!
- Head off to the Moraitis Winery and enjoy a wine tasting session accompanied by cheese and meat platters.
Be sure to book ahead if you are coming in the summer as the best places to stay in Paros get filled up quickly!
For excellent value
- Overlooking the Naoussa Bay, Saint Andrea Seaside Resort provides tasteful accommodation and an expansive outdoor pool. Spend your days sunbathing with a refreshing cocktail or two.
- Mythic Paros is an adults only luxury escape perched on a hillside overlooking the bay. The 40 rooms and suites are individually designed, but all display lots of natural materials and a trendy boho-chic style. The best come with either a plunge pool or private outdoor hot tub. Plus there's elegant fine dining and views to die for!
- Yria Resort is just outside Parikia in Parasporos is one of the best places to stay in Paros because it benefits from all the town's appeals, but is really in its own friendly village. Rooms are luxurious all all have a private patio. There's a large pool and you're just 100 yards from the beach.
- Minois Sugarcube Suites occupies a splendid coastal spot, boasting chic modern rooms with clean white lines and some with sea facing balconies. Unwind in the spa and feel a million miles away from all your worries!
- Beach House, located on the neighbouring island of Antiparos, boasts simple whitewashed beachside accommodation. Tuck into authentic Greek cuisine and spend your days soaking up the sun by the sea.
For An Apartment Or Villa
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Best time to visit? During the summer, when the average temperature climbs to 25°C in July. However is peak tourist season, so if you prefer quieter beaches, then September is probably your best bet - the weather is still lovely at this time.
- Fly into Paros National Airport, which is served daily by direct flights from Athens. From the airport, hop on a bus or in a cab to your final destination.
- There are regular ferries to Paros from Piraeus, and from the other Cycladean islands.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure which?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay on Paros.
- Widen the net and look at our recommendations for the best places to stay in Mykonos, or all of our suggetions for the Cyclades Islands.
- Or, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Paros
Best Hotels in Paros
Mythic Paros Agia Irini, Paros 40 rooms from £282Boutique - All room and suites are individually designed with natural materials, bespoke furnishings and a boho chic vibeRomantic Break - With no children allowed, beautiful accommodation and sunsets to die for, Mthyic is very romantic!Views - All of the rooms boasts gorgeous views over the Aegean and enjoy epic sunsets5* Luxury - A luxurious property featuring hand made furnishings, fabulous food, and high end amenities as standard
An adults-only luxury escape perched on a hillside in Paros. Rooms and suites are individually designed but all feature plenty of natural materials and a boho-chic style. The best come with either plunge pool or private outdoor hot tub. Elegant fine dining and views to die for. Romance guaranteed! See More
Hotel Begleri Antiparos Town, Paros 16 rooms from £49Local exploring - This hotel is in a great location for getting around and makes a good base for local exploring on AntiparosBeach Life - Located a stone's throw from the island's sandy beaches, this hotel makes a great seaside getawayFamilies - The self-contained, ground-floor apartment is perfect for a family travelling with young childrenLess £ - This simple yet comfortable accommodation is ideal for a holiday on a budget
This hotel sits within a traditional Cycladic property in Antiparos. Rooms are bright and airy, with crisp white linens and locally sourced furnishings. Families can rent a self-contained apartment on the ground floor with a shaded verandah; enjoy breakfast with sea views. A charming seaside hotel. See More
Hotel Mantalena Antiparos Town, Paros 32 rooms from £61Romantic Break - Couples love the hotel's simple, traditional interiors; book a room with sea views from the balcony for an extra special stayFamilies - The triple rooms are great for families; book several rooms if travelling with a larger groupBeach Life - Sitting right on the seafront, this hotel makes a great choice for a beach holidaySights nearby - Visit Panagia Ekatontapiliani, a historic Byzantine church complex in Parikia
This pretty hotel is located on the seafront in Antiparos in a traditional Cycladic property. Rooms are bright and simply dressed, with white linens and tiled floors; the best rooms have a balcony with sea views. Sunbathe on the terrace before dinner at the seaside restaurant. A charming hotel. See More
Saint Andrea Seaside Resort Paros 56 rooms from £113Romantic Break - Lounge by the lagoon-style pool with a cocktail and bar snack, or pamper yourselves with an in-room massageBeach Life - A lovely beach-chic resort with terraces overlooking Kolympithres Beach and Naoussa Bay.Restaurant - Anastasia Restaurant serves gourmet Greek and Mediterranean cuisineSights nearby - The magnificent Church of Ekatontapyliani is five miles away.
Beach House Antiparos Town, Paros 9 rooms from £113Beach Life - Set on a sheltered sandy beach, this is the place to soak up the sun, sea and sand!Total relaxation - The perfect spot to kick back and do absolutely nothing!Restaurant - Authentic Greek cuisine using local ingredients from AntiparosOn the beach - One of the safest beaches on Antiparos
Beachside accommodation with terrace bar and outdoor dining. Suites are simple and comfortable, some with sea views. Decor is typical of the Cyclades - white everywhere with spashes of blue. The restaurant serves authentic Greek food using local island ingredients. Perfect for complete relaxation. See More
Mr and Mrs White Cyclades, Paros 48 rooms from £139Hideaway - A romantic and secluded spot with excellent service, ideal for true escapism.Restaurant - All day restaurant serving Greek and International dishesSights nearby - Discover the 13th century Venetian castle in Parikia.Swimming Pool - Two outdoor freshwater poolsRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A chic cliff top property with impeccable style. As the name may suggest the interiors are all white on white with carefully chosen artefacts and smart black and white fabrics breaking up the uniformity. Two beautiful pools and excellent service make this the perfect choice for a sun-filled escape. See More
Yria Island Boutique Hotel & Spa Paros 65 rooms from £152Back to Nature - An oasis of calm- beautiful landscaped gardens filled with fragrant frangipani and palm trees and just two mins from the beach.Families - Family maisonettes comfortably sleep families of four and there's a dedicated chilren's pool, kids' menus etcSpa - Astir Spa offers the usual treatments plus purefying steam room, rain shower, and plunge pool with hot tubSailing - Cruise around the island discovering ‘hidden’ beaches and spots on the island of Paros.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Village-style luxury resort set in lovely bougainvillaea filled gardens. Smart rooms with large comfortable beds and terraces with gorgeous views. Ideally placed just steps from a sandy beach. An extensive spa to help unwind. A romantic fine dining poolside restaurant. Ideal for complete relaxation. See More
Paros Comfy Suites Naousa, Paros 14 rooms from £160Romantic Break - With beautifully appointed, minimalist suites and comfortable COCO-MAT beds, this hotel is perfect for a romantic island escapeBeach Life - Set on the coast of Paros with its own private stretch of beach, book this hotel for a stylish seaside getawayHideaway - Set on a secluded private peninsula overlooking the sea, this hotel is a great hideaway holiday destinationSailing - Paros is a popular sailing destination due to great conditions on the coast; enquire with your hosts for local sailing providersRecommended by - I Escape
This smart boutique hotel is nestled on a 6-acre coastal peninsula with a private beach in Paros. The newly renovated suites are stylish and minimalist, with whitewashed walls and natural wood headboards. With unobstructed sea views from every room, this hotel makes an idyllic island getaway. See More
Minois Sugarcube Suites Paros Island 40 rooms from £163Romantic Break - With private dining options, an excellent spa and restaurant and stunning beaches this is a superb couples getaway.Spa breaks - If you enjoy being pampered then the hotel's Thalassa spa is certainly for you.Spa - Top notch spa including hammam, private hot tubs, foot-baths and a range of massage and body treatmentsRestaurant - Avli Restaurant serves delicious Mediterranean style cuisine with stunning sea views
This stunning resort and spa is the ultimate Grecian getaway. The bright, airy rooms are the height of modern seaside chic, with clean white lines and modern bathrooms. Some include sea view balconies, living rooms and private villas. There is a restaurant, bar, spa and large pool. A luxury stay! See More
Parilio Kolympithres, Paros 33 rooms from £195Beach Life - Set a few minutes' walk from a beautiful sandy beach on the idyllic island of Paros, book this hotel for your next seaside breakRomantic Break - With effortlessly stylish suites, a charming restaurant and pretty pool, book this hotel for a romantic island escapeLocal exploring - Take a shuttle to the nearby town of Naoussa, also on the northeastern coast, for your local exploringSights nearby - Take a shuttle into the nearby town of Naoussa, a picturesque fishing village located in a huge bay in the north of ParosRecommended by - Design Hotels, Tablet
This holistic design hotel is tucked away on the Greek island of Paros. Cycladic inspiration runs throughout, from the sophisticated stone interiors, dressed in a natural palette, to the terrace arches. Breakfast is served on a traditional tiled patio leading to an azure pool. See More