Search the best hotels in Bangalore
Nicknamed the air-conditioned city for its year-round temperate conditions, today Bangalore is better known as ‘The Silicon Valley of India” and the country’s IT and technology capital. Our pick of the best places to stay in Bangalore are all equal parts modern and luxurious, and they make the perfect base for exploring this fascinating city whether you're here for business or pleasure.
With a growing arts and culture scene, Bangalore is a modern metropolis of five-star hotels, shopping malls, and world-class bars and restaurants. Whilst it may not be a sightseer's dream, it does boast some impressive colonial architecture and well-maintained landscaped gardens.
What Not To Miss
- 120 acres of verdant parkland in the heart of Bangalore’s CBD, Cubbon Park is a perfect spot to sit with a good book or take a stroll between meetings.
- Serving South Indian soul food since 1924, Mavalli Tiffin Rooms is a culinary stronghold for traditional Indian dining.
- Sky Lounge, as the name might suggest, enjoys 8000 square foot of open-air rooftop. Enjoy innovative cocktails and views of the twinkling city below as you dance the night away.
Browse through our pick of the best places to stay in Bangalore and start planning your trip!
The best places to stay in Bangalore
For a quirky stay
- Providing a contemporary stay in the heart of town, Escape Hotel and Spa provides a fun and chic stay. Rooms are themed on global cities and there is an impressive rooftop restaurant and pool.
- Doing the family name justice, Leela Palace Bangalore exudes opulence. Championing Indian hospitality with an indulgent spa and Mughal architecture the levels of lavishness will be appealing to some, ostentatious to others.
For a horticultural haven
- With its wisteria clad balconies and award-winning gardens the Oberoi Bangalore provides a tranquil stay. Add high ceilings and hardwood floors for a classic stay.
- Housed in a colonial-style white bungalow amidst manicured grounds the Taj West End is a trip to perfection. Rooms are decorated in pastel silks and there is smart dining in the form of Blue Ginger.
For modern luxury
- Shangri-La Hotel is Bangalore's tallest hotel providing its best views. The rooftop bar is a popular for after work drinks whilst Italian, Indian, Japanese and Chinese dining can be sampled within.
- If you've come to India to find inner peace then you'll need to book into the For Shreyas Retreat just outside the city. Here they're dedicated to promoting yoga, meditation and the Ayurvedic way of life. Accommodation is chic and modern, so you'll definitely get "enlightenment" in style!
For an apartment, holiday home, or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Fly into KempeGowda International Airport, 40km away from the city, before taking the bus or a pre-paid taxi into town.
- If you want to drive yourself in instead, consider hiring a car with Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit weather-wise is from September to February - after monsoon season but before it gets too hot.
Still not sure?
- From chic and modern to garden party glamour, browse through our list of the best places to stay in Bangalore to start to plan your trip.
- Alternatively, you can widen the net and check out all our recommended properties in Karnataka.
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bangalore
Best Hotels in Bangalore
Escape Hotel and Spa Bangalore (Indiranagar) 30 rooms from £44Designer - Design conscious rooms are themed around the cities of London, New York and Tokyo.Spa - Including a steam room and three treatment rooms (one for couples).Sights nearby - Surayanarayana Temple, BengalaruLocal markets - Many local markets in Bengalaru
Bright, airy and spacious rooms, featuring beautiful hardwood floors & crisp white linens. Large windows and neutral soft furnishings ensure a relaxing environment. Sample contemporary Indian cuisine at fine dining resto-bar Bricklane Grill or unwind on the terrace. A great base to explore from. See More
Shangri-La Hotel Bangalore (Karnataka) 397 rooms from £78City Style - One of Bangalore's top hotels with some of its most popular restaurantsLocal exploring - Right in the thick of it and within easy reach of the airportSwimming Pool - Rooftop poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Bangalore's tallest hotel providing its best views. The rooftop bar is a popular for after work drinks whilst Italian, Indian, Japanese and Chinese dining can be sampled within. Rooms are decorated in a classically luxurious style and feature modern bathrooms. Make sure to try the spa and gym. See More
Oberoi Bangalore Bangalore (Bengalaru) 160 rooms from £83Garden - Beautiful award winning gardens including a 120 year old Rain TreeSights nearby - Bengalaru centre, Vidhana Soudha (seat of state legislature)Cooking classes - Junior Chef cooking classes on requestLocal markets - 1.2 miles from Commericial Street
This luxurious hotel comprises elegant air conditioned rooms, decorated in a classic style. With hardwood floors, kingsize beds, elegant gold decor and opulent marble bathrooms you are truly pampered. Enjoy the stunning award-winning gardens, relax by the pool or explore the sights of Bangalore. See More
Taj West End Bangalore (Karnataka) 117 rooms from £116Great walks - Lal Bagh, Bangalore's botanical gardens are pleasent space to spend an afternoon.OpulentLocal markets - Good for local colour.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Housed in a colonial style bungalow with timeless interiors, amidst 20 acres of manicured grounds. Rooms are decorated in cooling palettes with beautiful silks, antique four poster beds, marble bathrooms and private balconies. Enjoy modern Asian cuisine and fabulous cocktails at Blue Ginger. See More
Leela Palace Bangalore Bangalore (Karnataka) 357 rooms from £130Local markets - 'Food Street' is the place to go for lovers of Indian cuisine.Great walks - Lal Bagh and Cubbon Park are relaxing places to perambulate.Sights nearby - Bangalore Palace is impressive to behold.Full of character
Worthy of the Leela name this property exemplifies Indian five star hospitality. Rooms are opulent including huge beds and silk upholstery and featuring marble clad bathrooms, deep baths and power showers. Some include private balconies. There are several fine restaurants and a most indulgent spa. See More
Shreyas Retreat Bangalore (Karnataka) from £182Great walks - There are some lovely walks leading directly from the property, through the verdant countryside.Sights nearby - Before or after your stay the sights of Bangalore must be visited.Cooking classes - Learn the art of Ayurvedic cooking.Full of character
Dedicated to promoting authentic yoga, meditation and the Ayurvedic life. So much more than a hotel, but a philosophy. Accommodation is chic modern and comprised of private cottages. Achieve 'enlightenment' in style. There are several pools, a comprehensive spa and yoga studio and organic dining. See More