- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Castelrotto
Castelrotto occupies one of the most surprisingly beautiful spots on the planet, with views of the Alpe de Siusi which is Europe's largest alpine plateau, a vast stretch of green pastures out of which explode the Sciliar Mountains. From the best places to stay in Castelrotto you will find yourself at the gateway to the Dolomites, a region of towns at the convergence of cultures and towns with multiple names - Castelrotto is also called Kastelruth - and some surprisingly sophisticated charms. As well as those epic views!
What not to miss:
- It's hard to go anywhere in Castelrotto without seeing the mighty steeple of the village's main church. Known locally as the 'Cathedral on the Mountains', it's a fascinating place to explore.
- Go skiing at any one of the nearby resorts.
- In the summer, the surrounding area is great for hiking and mountain climbing.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Castelrotto take advantage of the village's stunning alpine setting.
The best places to stay in Castelrotto
For stunning views
- Cavallino d'oro is a charming 13 room, boutique-style hotel set amongst the stunning foothills of the Dolomites. There's a choice of rooms size up to family suites, and there's a free shuttle to the Alpe de Siusi cable car. There is also a spa.
- Hotel Mayr is a luxurious, traditional wooden style ski lodge with grand views of the Geisler mountain range and the Schlerm massif. There's a great spa and the well regarded restaurant serves Tyrolean and Italian specialities.
- Pra Ronch is a charming chalet in the Dolomites with five spruce-lined rooms, complete with open fires and fur rugs, There’s a large garden and you’re close to walking trails and to the pistes in season. Rooms start from around £65 per night.
For an apartment or villa
Explore the options at our onluine partner Booking.com.
- The nearest international airport to Castelrotto is actually in Austria: Innsbruck (49 miles).
- If you're looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Castelrotto is in the summer months, June to September, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties and the beautiful surroundings are at their finest.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Castelrotto
Pra Ronch 5 rooms from £63Castelrotto
A charming chalet in the Dolomites. Spruce wood rooms with views and rugs. Attic rooms for romance, and fireplaces to relax by. Hearty breakfasts and a large garden. Miles of pistes and walking trails outside the door. A perfect Alpine weekend for couples or families.Country Escape - Miles of ski runs, mountain climbing, cycling, walking, surrounded by green meadows in the summer and white slopes in the winterViews - Sassolungo and the SellagroupSights nearby - Selva, the nearby villageFull of character
Hotel Mayr 35 rooms from £114Castelrotto
A charming hotel with glorious views of the Geisler mountain range and the Schlern massif. Relax amidst traditional wood interiors, pamper yourself with fabulous Spa treatments and enjoy gourmet Tyrolean and Italian specialities in the well regarded restaurant. Perfect for a winter or summer break.Spa - Hammam, Finnish sauna, hot tub, steam room, Kneipp hydrotherapy treatments and a solarium.Sights nearby - Castelrotto and the Alpes de Suisi.Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Cavallino d'oro 13 rooms from £105Castelrotto Bolzano
A beautiful hotel in the foothills of the Dolomites. Stunning views, attractive boutique interiors, an excellent spa, and free shuttle to the Alpe de Siusi cable car. A range of accommodation includes single, doubles, triples, and suites. Superb activities all year round.Skiing - Dolomiti Superski -fantastic skiing and wintersportsViews - Great views from hotelActive HolidayLuxuryRecommended by - Sawdays