- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Bolzano
Bolzano in Italian, but referred to as Bozen just across the border in Germany, is the capital of the South Tyrol region. It's a small but cosmopolitan city in a wonderful location, both for the backdrop and for the atmosphere. Beautiful and culturally rich, due to its position on the route between Italy and the rest of Europe, Bolzano is alpine but also worth a visit in summer. The best places to stay in Bolzano range from castles to reasonably priced alpine chalets.
Bolzano is also considered the Italian capital of Christmas - maybe it’s the proximity to German Christmas traditions - but there’s a magical Christmas market and fantastic alpine-style stalls all year round.
Bolzano is also a great choice for foodies, plus it’s home to some lovely castles, squares and parks.
What Not To Miss
- Be sure to visit the renowned South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology, home to the Iceman - a chalcolithic ice mummy discovered in a glacier back in 1991.
- Or, you could check out the Messner Mountain Museum, dedicated to all things mountaineering related and set in an historic castle.
- Take the Cable Car Renon to get a stunning view of the area and/or to quickly head to other local towns.
- Head off hiking through the wonderfully picturesque Puez-Geisler Nature Park.
- If you're into your architecture then both the Castel Roncolo - Schloss Runkelstein and the Duomo di Bolzano are wonderful spots to visit.
It is a popular destination year-round, so if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Bolzano, get organised and book early.
- The Schloss Hotel Korb is a fabulous castle overlooking its own vineyards and lush valleys. There are 44 elegant rooms and suites decorated with romance in mind, some with their own balconies, and an enormous wine cellar.
In the centre of town
- The Hotel Greif is a 33-room hotel with an historic exterior but all new interiors. Rooms are large, plus there’s a great bar and spa, whilst you’re right on the main square only a short distance from the castle.
For A Country Escape
- Guis La Residenza provides a designer retreat just outside Bolzano, with lovely views over surrounding vineyards. Spacious contemporary rooms and suites all with private terrace or balcony. Rural bliss!
For An Apartment Or Villa
- If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Bolzano's obviously nicest in the summer months, with the average temperature climbing to 23°C in July.
- This however is peak season so if you fancy visiting at a cheaper and quieter time, (when the weather's still nice enough to get out and about), then consider coming from mid-April to mid-June or even in September.
- Innsbruck Airport, located across the border in Austria, is the nearest place for international visitors to fly into. From here, take the train down to Bolzano - with the journey lasting just under two hours.
- easyJet fly direct from London Gatwick to Innsbruck, whilst British Airways go from Heathrow.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Bolzano
Schloss Hotel Korb 44 rooms from £141Bolzano
A fabulous castle in a magical setting overlooking luscious valleys and its own vineyard. Elegant rooms and suites decorated with romance have four poster beds and private balconies. Enormous wine cellar, gourmet cuisine, stunning panoramic views, and a top of the range spa. Very luxurious.Romantic Break - Fabulous for a romantic break in beautiful surroundings.Views - Stunning views from all angles over the valley below.Romantic - A fairytale castle in a magical setting.Wine tasting - The hotel has its own vineyard.
Hotel Greif 33 rooms from £165Bolzano
Following an epic renovation, Greif succeeded in retaining its historic exterior and creating a timeless retro interior. Large rooms with views are filled with light and antiques. The Grifoncino bar attracts a crowd whilst a pool, spa and restaurant can be used at its sister hotel Parkhotel Laurin.Sights nearby - Located right in Bolzano's main square so everything is close by. Maretsch Castle is only half a mile awayLively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Quirky - An experience!