- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Ortisei
The largest town in the Val Gardena ski fields, Ortisei is surrounded by ski slopes with some cross country routes marked out to the other main towns in the area. In summer these routes double up as hiking and mountain biking trails. Beautiful scenery is Ortisei's second claim to fame - firstly are the wonderful woodcarving traditions, Ortisei locals are responsible for many of the intricate religious carvings you'll keep coming upon in the Dolomites. You may find find this expertise in many of the best places to stay in Ortisei.
What not to miss:
- Aside from the slopes, Ortisei's most famous attraction is probably the woodworking museum, the Museum de Gherdeina. It may sound a little geeky, but it's difficult not to be impressed by the intricacy of the wooden sculptures and carved toys on display here.
- In the ski season it's very easy to get around the whole of Val Gardena from here using the bus connections and relatively new lift system. There is also an underground escalator system from the town centre to the Seceda cable-car which offers access to the ski fields of St. Christina and Selva Wolkenstein.
- In the summer the escalator is a great way for hikers to save their legs for walking in the higher meadows, which is where you'll find the best views and glimpses of the rarest flora and fauna.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Ortisei will be busy in the skiing season, so to avoid disappointment book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Ortisei
- Just out of Ortisei's centre, the Hotel Gardena Grödnerhof is a beautiful old luxury gem with more charming features than you can imagine. As well as the convenient lift-adjacent location, the hotel's restaurant has a Michelin star. It's also has a heated pool with a glorious painted mural and elegant chalet style interiors.
- Hotel Uhrerhof-Deur is an excellent chalet-style hotel that's perfect for family trips to Ortisei. After a day on slopes ease your wearied limbs in the hotel's sauna or enjoy a delicious meal in the restaurant.
For an apartment or chalet
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Ortisei is Bolzano (23 miles). However for a bigger airport, travellers can fly to Innsbruck (74 miles).
- For those looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- Depending on what your looking for, Ortisei has two definitive seasons in which to visit, in the winter for the skiing or the summer for walking holidays.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Ortisei
Hotel Uhrerhof-Deur 11 rooms from £167Ortisei
A charming chalet with stunning mountain views. Interiors are classic mountain style with lots of wood, tiled floors and cosy rugs. There's a good range of accommodation including family suites for up to four. The restaurant offers a daily changing menu and there's a spa for easing weary limbs.Skiing - Skipass Val Gardena & Dolomiti SuperskiViews - Stunning views over the DolomitesGreat walks - Great walking and hiking during the summer monthsFull of character - Classic ski chalet
Hotel Gardena Grödnerhof 51 rooms from £209Ortisei
Family owned luxury hotel situated a stone's throw from Ortisei's bustling centre. Aqua Sol spa, heated indoor swimming pool and Michelin starred restaurant. Only 200m from the lifts with direct access to the Sella Ronda.SkiingSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolKids Club - Fully staffed.SpaRecommended by - Johansens, Relais & Chateaux